Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Hockles posted:

What is the initial chime that the Raw GM makes when an e-mail is sent? I want to make just that my text tone.

I think it is the generic apple notification tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Moose Bigelow posted:

I think it is the generic apple notification tone.

After looking way way into it, I found out that is the default text tone for an iPhone.

Now I can confuse iPhone owners when they hear that tone and I get my blackberry out.

Tortilla Tequila
Nov 4, 2009

Hockles posted:

What is the initial chime that the Raw GM makes when an e-mail is sent? I want to make just that my text tone.

Isn't it the default text tone on the iPhone?

Edit:
Wow. I don't know how I managed to miss the last few posts.
For content, http://tindeck.com/listen/foef

Tortilla Tequila fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Aug 30, 2010

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
The fact that it always dings twice on RAW further makes me suspect that Cole is really the GM.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hockles posted:

It's actually the "import complete" sound from iTunes. If you're on Windows and you have iTunes installed, it's at C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.Resources\complete.wav.

Or I could just upload it. :)

Edit: Wow, I'm way late.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Has Undertaker ever gone on record about the events that happened in the HiaC match with Mankind?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

DannoMack posted:

Has Undertaker ever gone on record about the events that happened in the HiaC match with Mankind?

No. 'Taker doesn't go on record about pretty much anything.

EDIT: Huh. I stand corrected.

disaster pastor fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 30, 2010

A Dapper Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sometimes, I just like to kick it freestyle.

DannoMack posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cofhMiMmQLw

I'm sure I've seen another interview with him talking about it, but this one is pretty good.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

tzirean posted:

No. 'Taker doesn't go on record about pretty much anything.

During the Bikertaker/Big Evil gimmicks he did some interviews. Not a ton but he was far more media accessible.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

WeaselWeaz posted:

During the Bikertaker/Big Evil gimmicks he did some interviews. Not a ton but he was far more media accessible.

Yeah, but even then he wasn't usually going into much detail. At least in the ones I saw, he stuck mainly to near-generic talking points about life on the road, life in the ring and how far his career's come.

Horse Pepsi
Aug 26, 2010

by T. Finn

ChampRamp posted:

Am I the only person who misses Tony Schiavone?

No, I liked his 1990 WWF and early WCW commentary.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.
I was just racking my brain trying to figure out if there were any WWE wrestlers who have only been RAW or Smackdown! stars, and the only one I can think of is Shawn Michaels. Did he spend any time on Smackdown? Also is there anyone else?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

UndergroundHero posted:

I was just racking my brain trying to figure out if there were any WWE wrestlers who have only been RAW or Smackdown! stars, and the only one I can think of is Shawn Michaels. Did he spend any time on Smackdown? Also is there anyone else?
Never on the roster but he was at a Smackdown taping here in Seattle pre-rumble one year with John Cena.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

UndergroundHero posted:

Billy Kidman!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Alberto Del Rio.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
When did Finkel stop being the main ring announcer? They should just keep growing new Finkels.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

JPrime posted:

When did Finkel stop being the main ring announcer? They should just keep growing new Finkels.

Like 10 years ago

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Was the 12 v 12 tag match on ECW before WM24 the biggest tag match ever?

A Dapper Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sometimes, I just like to kick it freestyle.

UndergroundHero posted:

I'm pretty sure that Taker (other than a few random appearances on RAW) has been exclusive to SmackDown! since the brand split.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

projecthalaxy posted:

Maybe Cena/Orton vs the entire RAW roster?

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

oldpainless posted:

Maybe Cena/Orton vs the entire RAW roster?

That was 2 v 17, still smaller.

Also, useless trivia. Only 3 of those 17 are still employed by WWE.

Lloyd Van Buren fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 31, 2010

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

projecthalaxy posted:

I vaguely remember a 16v16 tag war from a ?Survivor Series?

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

UndergroundHero posted:

Pretty sure he showed up for at least one episode of Smackdown way back when he was retired and playing the role of Commissioner Michaels.

Plus, didn't he appear a few times with HHH when they were in DX?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Perdido posted:

Pretty sure he showed up for at least one episode of Smackdown way back when he was retired and playing the role of Commissioner Michaels.

He's been on Smackdown quite a few times (even this year), but you're thinking of the very first episode, when he ordered HHH to defend against the Rock, stacked the deck against Hunter by declaring himself the special referee, then turned heel and superkicked Rocky out of his boots.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

^^^^BEATEN!!!!

Michaels was on the 1st Smackdown when he kicked Rock costing him the title against HHH. I think he also showed up during the builds to his feud with Angle at WM 21 and Taker at WM 25.

But is the question whether someone ever appeared or was a brand member after the split? Cuz I don't think Rey was ever a member of RAW.

edit: BEATEN AGAIN BELOW!!!

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

Perdido posted:

Plus, didn't he appear a few times with HHH when they were in DX?

I think he means someone who was exclusive to a single roster. I doubt there's anyone who's been around long at all that hasn't at least APPEARED on both shows.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

oldpainless posted:

^^^^BEATEN!!!!

Michaels was on the 1st Smackdown when he kicked Rock costing him the title against HHH. I think he also showed up during the builds to his feud with Angle at WM 21 and Taker at WM 25.

But is the question whether someone ever appeared or was a brand member after the split? Cuz I don't think Rey was ever a member of RAW.

Rey was on Raw for a year I think. Eddie was Smackdown only wasnt he?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

oldpainless posted:

Rey's Raw debut

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

MrMondayNight posted:

Eddie was Smackdown only wasnt he?

No, he was on Raw when he came back. Remember the ladder match with RVD? He moved to SmackDown with Benoit, and then hit his stride in the SmackDown Six.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

tzirean posted:

No, he was on Raw when he came back. Remember the ladder match with RVD? He moved to SmackDown with Benoit, and then hit his stride in the SmackDown Six.

Wasnt that ladder match pre-split?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

MrMondayNight posted:

Wasnt that ladder match pre-split?

No. Eddie returned to WWE the night the split began.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

Timby posted:

That would be about seven months after his February debut, which still wouldn't beat Brock (five months) or Sheamus (six months).

It's a few days old and probably nobody cares anymore, but if the dates on Wikipedia are to be believed, Yokozuna has Brock beaten by a matter of days.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

tzirean posted:

No. Eddie returned to WWE the night the split began.

Yeah I just checked. Split was May 2nd 2002. Match was May 27th 2002.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

tzirean posted:

He's been on Smackdown quite a few times (even this year), but you're thinking of the very first episode, when he ordered HHH to defend against the Rock, stacked the deck against Hunter by declaring himself the special referee, then turned heel and superkicked Rocky out of his boots.

I'm sort of amazed I remember something from the very first episode of Smackdown. :psyduck:

EDIT: And I recalled this almost 11 years to the day (Smackdown debuted August 26, 1999.) Holy gently caress.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tommy Dreamer was only ever on ECW.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Iskanderson posted:

It's a few days old and probably nobody cares anymore, but if the dates on Wikipedia are to be believed, Yokozuna has Brock beaten by a matter of days.

Yokozuna debuted on 10/12/1992 and won on 4/4/1993 - 175 days.

Brock debuted (on TV) on 3/18/2002 and won on 8/25/2002 - 161 days.

Sheamus debuted (on TV) on 6/30/2009 and won on 12/13/2009 - 165 days.

Of course, Brock & Sheamus were doing house shows for months before their TV debuts.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Endorph posted:

Wasn't he on Raw eating urinal cakes?

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.

El Duke posted:

I think he means someone who was exclusive to a single roster. I doubt there's anyone who's been around long at all that hasn't at least APPEARED on both shows.

Yeah, I'm thinking of someone has only been branded a RAW superstar or Smackdown Superstar.

Also, in response to A Dapper Man, didn't Taker spend some time on the RAW roster as Bikertaker?

Edit: Also someone who has spent some time on the roster, not just a month or two.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Endorph posted:

Tommy Dreamer had a Jackass gimmick on Raw after the Invasion angle fell apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Endorph posted:

Wrong. Tommy Dreamer was on Raw before ECW.

Edit: Beaten like Tommy Dreamer.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 31, 2010