Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder how the Never Clevin crowd feels about the ultimate triumph of CLEVIN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
it was inclevinable

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

How much are the mimics a deliberate defence system and how much have they just accumulated over time?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

the old ceremony posted:

thank you friend. did you know that echidnas have four penises? only two are used in sex. nobody knows what the purpose of the other two is yet
um

mods?????????

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Why does he have LEGO blocks on his boots?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Those are his nipples, you insensitive turd.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

praman and oskar tbh

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Knuckles must be jealous of Sonic having ten dicks

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

Those are his nipples, you insensitive turd.

excuse me echidnas are proto-mammals and don't have nipples, they just sweat milk

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Are there other ex-Demiurge left over from the big war?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Operant, is the martial arts tournament team-based? I wanna see everyone on the team doing kung-fu.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I wonder how the Never Clevin crowd feels about the ultimate triumph of CLEVIN.

its like november 2016 all over again

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Since I seem to recall you saying Nyave (who is perfect) was a relatively late addition to the cast, does that mean she will be a relatively minor figure in the narrative? I ask because Idealistic Vizier Girl is perfect.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

the old ceremony posted:

thank you friend. did you know that echidnas have four penises? only two are used in sex. nobody knows what the purpose of the other two is yet

I went to wikipedia to verify your echidna facts, and it had this to say:

quote:

It is a challenge to study the echidna in their natural habitat and they show no interest in mating while in captivity. Therefore, no one has ever seen an echidna ejaculate.

This if your life quest, now, my friend.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Weird, I was certain I'd heard that some scientist had jacked one off and that's how we knew about the whole "they only cum with half their dicks at once" thing.

...why am getting involved in this discussion. :ughh:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Weird, I was certain I'd heard that some scientist had jacked one off and that's how we knew about the whole "they only cum with half their dicks at once" thing.

...why am getting involved in this discussion. :ughh:

We are all filthy deviants

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS

PMush Perfect posted:

Do you get enough money for K6BD to be self-sustaining for the forseeable future?

I actually do, I don't have a whole lot of expenses, the area I live in is pretty cheap, and I did get a fair amount of money from the book sales, though not enough to live on alone. It is basically Patreon, however, that allows me to draw the comic at this rate and level of detail as a solo creator. If I was trying to do this as an issue-by-issue traditional comic I don't think it would work. Nor do I think it would have been possible to even pitch this to a major publisher that wasn't, say, Heavy Metal Magazine up until recently. A lot of other dudes in the industry have to do all kind of other books that are not their 'passion project' for example in order to eat, some of them are really good and cool (basically everything James Stokoe has done recently), but the creative freedom that a crowdsourced income gives me is insane and I constantly feel insanely lucky to have it.

For what it's worth, Patreon has been very stable and slowly increasing over the last two years so I'm not worried about it any time soon.

Tekne posted:

Will any other Prime Angels reincarnate or become active forces during the story?

No, but there's one more angel character that I'm really happy to introduce next book.

Stormgale posted:

How much are the mimics a deliberate defence system and how much have they just accumulated over time?
I imagine some of the priests just let one loose once and forgot about it.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Are there other ex-Demiurge left over from the big war?
The Seven were pretty thorough in their victory, however as you can see by Maya that narrative may not be entirely accurate, so I'll leave it up to the readers on this one

SunAndSpring posted:

Operant, is the martial arts tournament team-based? I wanna see everyone on the team doing kung-fu.
Unfortunately, no, but there is a couple team ups that might be unexpected

Joe Slowboat posted:

Since I seem to recall you saying Nyave (who is perfect) was a relatively late addition to the cast, does that mean she will be a relatively minor figure in the narrative? I ask because Idealistic Vizier Girl is perfect.
I actually think she's becoming a character for White Chain to play off of. I'm glad I included her, because her positivity is sorely lacking in the current cast.

EDIT: I'll leave this thread alone for now, I've hijacked it enough into echidna dick territory I see.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can't wait to see how a training montage manages to be the darkest part of the comic :stare:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

thanks for stopping by

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I am going to take your silence about the fate of Layla Brimstone as confirmation that she actually retired with the create of teacups to run an unlikely combination teahouse and practice range.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Tollymain posted:

can't wait to see how a training montage manages to be the darkest part of the comic :stare:
The entry requirement is "maim your head with this rusty sword", so I can only assume that things progress from there to severing or Cutting away all sources of weakness, doubt, humanity, or emotional connection while drill sergeant royalty grandma tells you stories about killing thousands of foes and cutting dudes dicks off. Hand raising and then Cutting a puppy is probably week 2.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Dead Reckoning posted:

The entry requirement is "maim your head with this rusty sword", so I can only assume that things progress from there to severing or Cutting away all sources of weakness, doubt, humanity, or emotional connection while drill sergeant royalty grandma tells you stories about killing thousands of foes and cutting dudes dicks off. Hand raising and then Cutting a puppy is probably week 2.

Also, everyone's hammered all the time. That's part of it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ashcans posted:

I am going to take your silence about the fate of Layla Brimstone as confirmation that she actually retired with the create of teacups to run an unlikely combination teahouse and practice range.

They specialize in gunpowder tea

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I also wanted to get on board saying I like nice-girl Nyave and feel she adds a certain missing element of positivity to the crew. Also more broadly, thanks for the great comic Operant!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Operant posted:

yeah, but it's probably the darkest part of the comic so be prepared

You know, the more I hear about it, the more I think that "being a Swordsman" is just awful.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

wiegieman posted:

You know, the more I hear about it, the more I think that "being a Swordsman" is just awful.

Congratulations, you now understand the central philosophy of Meti's teachings.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"Being an unstoppable warrior can actually be cool and awesome, but since I'm a miserable curmudgeon, everyone else is gonna be miserable too."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Pavlov posted:

Congratulations, you now understand the central philosophy of Meti's teachings.

I think the central philosophy of Meti's teachings is that she really needed to lighten up.

Dead Reckoning posted:

"Being an unstoppable warrior can actually be cool and awesome, but since I'm a miserable curmudgeon, everyone else is gonna be miserable too."

Or that.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Mr. Lobe posted:

I also wanted to get on board saying I like nice-girl Nyave and feel she adds a certain missing element of positivity to the crew. Also more broadly, thanks for the great comic Operant!

She makes another great audience surrogate in that while she knows more about the universe than Allison, she brings a fresh perspective to the group and lets us see how they've developed through fresh eyes.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

drat!

Operant, if you are lying to us, check your Tumblr messages. I have some thoughts regarding putting some of the songs in your put in your comic to music.

Like, with actual bands.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
remain a noodle vendor and have many large sons

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
'Uh-oh, two pages of updates when there's not been a page update, must be some horrible goony derail...'

What a pleasant surprise.

Good job Operant, seconding violent sex idiot on the repository for the lore.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Yeah but has he confirmed that Yabalchaoth had or has a massive futa dick or not? No? Then I think he truly is the worst of all web comic artists.

I bet that Morby would tell me if one of their characters had a retractable dong

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:sbahj:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-7-74/

Purely decorative screaming head.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes, good.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Oh, hey, Yre absorbed the Arcane Sanctuary.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
we escher now boys

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
The other three doors to the Yre labyrinth feature Somewhat Functional Screaming Head, Somewhat Decorative Calm Head, and Fully Functional Calm Head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

The purely decorative screaming head was a gift, I bet. I wonder which demiurge gave it.