Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe you have stumbled onto the strip club where SMG works. Try quoting Zizek at the bartender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's cool inoutski. Heading home no more strip updates.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
GET OFF YOUR PHONE AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE STRIPPING, ffs.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lol someone keeps blocking Last Week Tonight's videos on youtube.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

CPL593H posted:

Al Pacino's understated but poignant performance in Jack and Jill made me cry.

I have not seen that movie but this scene justifies its existence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S6eUFbOfIU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Power of Pecota posted:

I read on twitter that DiCaprio gave Emma Stone the envelope/card and she still had it backstage so there might have been a second one printed?

They have 2 of everything printed up. Why the gently caress someone isn't just binning the copies when they're done I don't know.

Still, I can't decide if Beatty turned to Dunaway for help or if he set her up. He gives her the card, notes his confusion, she laughs him off, he sees what's coming and doesn't stop her.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Meryl Streep looks like someone just killed her kid.

There's dingoes at the Oscar ceremony?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Meryl Streep looks like someone just killed her kid.

Oh no, I hope it's not Louisa! She's the cute one.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Dissapointed Owl posted:

There's dingoes at the Oscar ceremony?

:golfclap:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I forgot the Oscars were last night did anything interesting happen

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

It was pretty standard. I don't think a single underdog managed to win.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
apparently Zootopia won an Oscar lmao

Only Disney can have them! Only Disney!!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

DC Murderverse posted:

In my quest to watch more great movies, I've discovered something that lots of people discovered a long-rear end time ago: Al Pacino is a phenomenal loving actor. I've watched The Insider and Dog Day Afternoon on consecutive days and it's amazing really. I knew he was good at being loud but the amount of compassion he's able to convey is really astounding. I don't think I expected that.

There's a strong case to be made that Michael Corleone in The Godfather Part II is the single greatest performance in film history. Pacino plays that entire movie with a cold menace behind his eyes, and the "IN MY HOUSE" line is maybe the best line reading of all time.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

I'm here all week.

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe
I'm behind on everything but this weekend was a good movie weekend for me. I watched Gone Girl and John Wick, both of which I've had recommended a lot but not got around to, and they didn't disappoint! And I watched Fury Road again - it's been over a year, I think, since I saw it last time.

Now I'm hype for John Wick 2. Probably won't have time to go see it for a while, though :(

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'm here all week.

Keep it coming or I'll start throwing things.

Smelly things.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Decided to watch The Third Man with my mother last night instead of the Oscars since she hadn't seen it before.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The new Sword and Scale is about the dark net hell yes

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

apparently Zootopia won an Oscar lmao

Only Disney can have them! Only Disney!!

I mean it was a insanely well regarded movie that made boat loads of money on also delt with a currently trendy social topic so I don't see in what possible way it wasn't going to win

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Zootopia absolutely earned it. Kubo had the best animation, but Zootopia is a great movie, let alone a great animated film.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i can't listen to this fast enough

quote:

There is a place that humanity has created where the rules of society mean nothing.  This place is a void of laws and social norms.  The scariest thing, is that there is a doorway to this dark place in every home, in some cases we carry this doorway with us day after day.  It’s a place called The Dark Net.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Sometimes "LMAO" just doesn't cut it for Mike Boudet.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

Zootopia absolutely earned it. Kubo had the best animation, but Zootopia is a great movie, let alone a great animated film.

I'm seeing The Red Turtle tonight which animation nerds have been going apeshit for and some are saying was robbed.

Kubo was cool. I dunno if I can watch an entire movie with the smug fox from Zootopia.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty pissed that Hell or High Water didn't win for anything. Especially original screenplay.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Uh massive trigger warning Mike plays a YouTube video of a dude describing one of the worst videos ever made and it involves kids

I'm dead inside and I had to pause it

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Snak posted:

I'm pretty pissed that Hell or High Water didn't win for anything. Especially original screenplay.

Granted I thought Hell or High Water was one of the most overrated movies of the year, but it definitely didn't deserve original screenplay over Manchester by the Sea, or The Lobster for that matter.

Also if it was gonna get a best supporting actor nomination, it really should've been for Ben Foster, not Jeff Bridges. Ben Foster is just perpetually underappreciated.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

It's not just the Silk Road story again is it?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Uh massive trigger warning Mike plays a YouTube video of a dude describing one of the worst videos ever made and it involves kids

I remember reading the To Catch A Predator book and having to pause like a quarter of the way in and go, "you know, this actually isn't funny at all."

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TrixRabbi posted:

It's not just the Silk Road story again is it?

I wish

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I remember reading the To Catch A Predator book and having to pause like a quarter of the way in and go, "you know, this actually isn't funny at all."

This is worse. This is Peter Scully, the worst human being alive

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Snak posted:

It was a real strong category this year, and I'd been happy to seen any of them take it aside from LLL.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
despite not having seen it i support la la land out of contrarian spite

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Hat Thoughts posted:

It was weird to see the left be angered by that movie because they thought it was going to win best picture. like I saw an article by a Middle Eastern actor that said if La La Land beat Moonlight he was going to quit acting and it was like...Okay? That seems like an odd thing to put that much on.

It just became this symbol for everything people hate about the Oscars and the hashed kept getting more and more unrelated to the movie. It's like when people were mad Lincoln won because it broadly fit the stereotype of what would win

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

glam rock hamhock posted:

It was weird to see the left be angered by that movie because they thought it was going to win best picture. like I saw an article by a Middle Eastern actor that said if La La Land beat Moonlight he was going to quit acting and it was like...Okay? That seems like an odd thing to put that much on.

It just became this symbol for everything people hate about the Oscars and the hashed kept getting more and more unrelated to the movie. It's like when people were mad Lincoln won because it broadly fit the stereotype of what would win

The trick is that none of those people actually hated the Oscars, because they are still thoroughly invested in the reactionary ideological fantasy that the Oscars should be important. They are co-opting the language of social justice to defend classism.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Coopt my balls with your mouth

Antisam
Jun 18, 2005

Witness the reverie of a mind filtered through tube...
Fun Shoe

Joke's on them, because Stalin loved musicals

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Someone on twitter was pointing out that all of the producers who get the credit for the best picture award for Moonlight are white, whereas one of the producers of Manchester by the Sea is a black woman, which I feel like is something worth bearing in mind for the "symbolic victory" crowd.

Hat Thoughts posted:

same, although I finally saw a trailer for it a couple days ago and do not think I'll like it.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

therattle posted:

Keep it coming or I'll start throwing things.

Smelly things.

*tugs collar nervously*

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Ya this part was horrible, uggghhhh

That was on par with the simple-text chat room log thing

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I'm seeing The Red Turtle tonight which animation nerds have been going apeshit for and some are saying was robbed.

The Red Turtle and My Life as a Zucchini were both robbed. That doesn't mean Zootopia isn't a good film, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Dark Archie Fucks is very good and I like it and Cole Sprouse is my bf thanks for asking

• Locked thread