Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jollity Farm posted:

I am suddenly reminded of the Simpsons episode where Marge poses for a charity calendar and everyone in Springfield admires her sexiness. I know it was probably written to coincide with the Playboy thing, but that was irritating as well. I would prefer not to have all the characters worship Marge without condition. Especially Moe. Shut up Moe.

There was that episode where there is a medical mixup and she gets breast implants and that was a real bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

They got that flavor of the month band to do a cover of “Who Let The Dogs Out” but the lyrics were “Who let her jugs out? Marge let her jugs out!”

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Frog Act posted:

They got that flavor of the month band to do a cover of “Who Let The Dogs Out” but the lyrics were “Who let her jugs out? Marge let her jugs out!”

also wasn't that like 10 years after the song was popular? (as is Simpsons tradition)

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

There was that episode where there is a medical mixup and she gets breast implants and that was a real bummer.

In the same season, there's an episode about Marge getting all buff.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Plan Z posted:

This is also the episode where she rapes Homer.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Rascar Capac posted:

Reminded me that there's an episode of Family Guy where Lois learns karate. It makes her super-aggressive and she forces herself on Peter. The episode came out a year before the Simpsons one we're talking about.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Frog Act posted:

Also from the synopsis:

quote:

The police prepare to shoot at Stampy, which would endanger Homer, Bart and Milhouse. Marge appears on the scene, and after unsuccessfully trying to dissuade the police from shooting, distracts the police by revealing her huge breasts to the crowd.

This was Season 14, which had some of the worst episodes the show's ever done.

Plan Z posted:

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
His name’s on that but not The Critic episode.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

PostNouveau posted:

Also from the synopsis:

This was Season 14, which had some of the worst episodes the show's ever done.

I just see a lot of off-center homer mouth's for the abs.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

porfiria posted:

lmao

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

porfiria posted:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

brugroffil posted:

Moe having a thing for Midge was in like season five and six though?

Yeah, and it was always really dumb and awkward and the worst part of the episodes.

Calaveron posted:

The mount splashmore sequence wouldn't be possible with the new lovely animation style

Imagine trying to do Itchy and Scratchy Land, specifically the log flume sequence.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

porfiria posted:

Funnier than recent simpsons by far

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Funnier than recent simpsons by far

I always quite enjoyed the Critic episode.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
It's because he's marginally talented while extremely greedy and insecure. Futurama and Disenchanted? You think he did enough work for 90% of the credit hahahaha

Fun content:

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 08:17 on May 29, 2019

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
when people talk about american dad being funny it gives me the same feeling as when people universally agree that weird al yankovic is a national treasure - like i've been transplanted into some swampy mirror universe and eventually you're all going to peel your faces off to reveal the hideous insectoid visages beneath

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Analytic Engine posted:

It's because he's marginally talented while extremely greedy and insecure. Futurama and Disenchanted? You think he did enough work for 90% of the credit hahahaha

Fun content:

Disenchanted is terrible so I buy it

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I actually have this thread to thank for getting me back into American Dad; I hadn't watched it in about six years (!), then started binge-watching season 14 the other night and it's just fantastic.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

ulex minor posted:

when people talk about american dad being funny it gives me the same feeling as when people universally agree that weird al yankovic is a national treasure - like i've been transplanted into some swampy mirror universe and eventually you're all going to peel your faces off to reveal the hideous insectoid visages beneath

I’m not sure how much of a chance you gave it but the leap in quality and characterization between seasons 1-3 and 4-beyond is so massive that I have to assume huge staffing changes were made because the show basically stops being about whatever they thought it was and just starts being about really weird Americana and finds it’s footing.

But you don’t like Weird Al either so your brain is definitely broken and you should just move to Tibet and stop bothering people.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I kinda get people not liking American Dad, but I don't trust anyone that prefers Family Guy over it, including my own father

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ulex minor posted:

What are you trying to say about Weird Al?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

ulex minor posted:

this is how i felt when i started girl scouts and they let us try the cookies and everyone else's favorites were thin mints & samoas

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

YeahTubaMike posted:

this is how i felt when i started girl scouts and they let us try the cookies and everyone else's favorites were thin mints & samoas

Are you one of the weirdos that like the lemon cookies?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
nah, i'm a do si do gal

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Analytic Engine posted:

Fun content:

That guy's art is super good but in some of his pictures, everybody looks like Jeff Daniels (even the women) and I can't unsee it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is Skinner still a Vietnam vet or is he an operation enduring freedom vet

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I was about to say Gulf war original recipe but no it'd make more sense for it to be the latter, wouldn't it.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Is Skinner still a Vietnam vet or is he an operation enduring freedom vet

As far as I can tell they’ve dropped that entirely and just made him a one-dimensional mommas boy. The scene where he’s chasing Bart and just walks right into the river after him is gone forever

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I still can't get past Roger as a character. I just don't "get" him and because he's such a prominent part of American Dad, I feel most of it is just going to be lost on me. Glad to hear it's not a total McFarlane trashfire though.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Rascar Capac posted:

I guess the Simpsons got their own manatee pool after seeing how successful it made Family Guy.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Ritznit posted:

I still can't get past Roger as a character. I just don't "get" him and because he's such a prominent part of American Dad, I feel most of it is just going to be lost on me. Glad to hear it's not a total McFarlane trashfire though.

About 2/3rds of all American Dad episodes heavily involve Roger and typically it plays out like: Roger has a new persona of the week - Roger will use this persona to help the family - no just kidding he's actually screwing the family over! - they forgive him anyway because reasons

Some people don't mind this, but for me it makes the show extremely redundant. There's some drat good episodes, but most of the time I can't help but feel like they were limiting themselves and just churning something out, using Roger as a writing crutch, rather than pushing for consistent high quality.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

I guess the Simpsons got their own dolphin pool after seeing how successful it made King of the Hill

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

About 2/3rds of all American Dad episodes heavily involve Roger and typically it plays out like: Roger has a new persona of the week - Roger will use this persona to help the family - no just kidding he's actually screwing the family over! - they forgive him anyway because reasons

Some people don't mind this, but for me it makes the show extremely redundant. There's some drat good episodes, but most of the time I can't help but feel like they were limiting themselves and just churning something out, using Roger as a writing crutch, rather than pushing for consistent high quality.

It's only about 50% of all American Dad episodes, and 100% of those are hilarious.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

PostNouveau posted:

It's only about 50% of all American Dad episodes, and 100% of those are hilarious.

I think this might be the third time we've looped back around to this conversation in this thread

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Sounds like you just got DADDED

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

About 2/3rds of all American Dad episodes heavily involve Roger and typically it plays out like: Roger has a new persona of the week - Roger will use this persona to help the family - no just kidding he's actually screwing the family over! - they forgive him anyway because reasons.

There are so many great episodes that don't involve Roger developing a new persona, using that persona to help the family, and then screwing them over though. Examples include:

-Stan becoming a meter maid & gaining control of the entire town
-the entire family tricking Roger into believing they were being victimized by a dinner party killer
-the entire family being terrorized by an evil hot tub
-Stan getting addicted to crack
-Stan discovering masturbation

There are also funny episodes in which Roger is ONLY trying to screw over the family, with no bait & switch (Phantom of the Telethon, Roy Rogers McFreely, etc.).

life is a joke posted:

Sounds like you just got DADDED

Nobody's safe!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bust Rodd posted:

But you don’t like Weird Al either so your brain is definitely broken and you should just move to Tibet and stop bothering people.

Did.. did I finally find the other person who liked Dirty Work?

Also Weird Al owns, American Dad owns. New Simpsons sucks.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Der Shovel posted:

Did.. did I finally find the other person who liked Dirty Work?

Also Weird Al owns, American Dad owns. New Simpsons sucks.

That makes three of us who liked Dirty Work

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL yeah I was quoting Dirty Work, it’s literally the funniest comedy of the 90’s and I’ve easily seen it over 50+ times. It’s my default “feeling kind of funky/bored” movie and I’ve shown it to countless people who go from
“Norm who?” to quoting it casually months later.

“You have a personality like a dead moth.” is one of the coldest deliveries in cinema.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I haven't seen Dirty Work in forever, I'll have to put it into my Blu-Ray budget for next month