Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Yossarian-22 posted:

what pods have you all been listening to in order to become more smarter folks?

i have about 80 episodes left before i'm caught up in tides of history and then i'll need a new podcast

id just stop smoking weed op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

maybe read a book or something too

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
there are no good podcasts

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
do not listen to him, use two different sets of earbuds to listen to two audiobooks at the same time

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I’m currently listening to the audiobook of the Israel lobby by John mearsheimer on repeat

not quite as good as cum town but close

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

I’m currently listening to the audiobook of the Israel lobby by John mearsheimer on repeat

not quite as good as cum town but close

does he do all the voices

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

not all of them but he does some

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
how has mearsheimer managed to not get kicked out of academia

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mila kunis posted:

how has mearsheimer managed to not get kicked out of academia

tenure... very powerful

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

maybe read a book or something too

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

id just stop smoking weed op

:weasel:

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

I smoke weed every day and I'm just as smart and quick as I was when I was born. More, maybe, and I owe it all to podcasts.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

slave to my cravings posted:

there are no good podcasts

i listen "off menu" as funny people talking about food is enjoyable sometimes and would call it "good" imo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Eat This Glob posted:

i listen "off menu" as funny people talking about food is enjoyable sometimes and would call it "good" imo
my partner loves this podcast, but they also like something rhymes with purple, so.... they are not to be trusted

personally I don't like brits nor find british comedians very funny so it's not my cup of tea

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

brits should just mind their own business and stick to their isle

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Yossarian-22 posted:

i have about 80 episodes left before i'm caught up in tides of history and then i'll need a new podcast

just get an audible subscription bro

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

wedgwood's thirty years war and return of a king both have some great narration imo

Sep 26, 2020

has anybody listened to quorators? the youtube algorithm recommended me this episode with hesse and im not secure enough to have my own opinion on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8PALAt64I4

edit: too many extra words

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

57001 posted:

has anybody listened to quorators? the youtube algorithm recommended me this episode with hesse and im not secure enough to have my own opinion on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8PALAt64I4

edit: too many extra words

i think me and doc hawkins are the only two alex ptak stans in the thread. his cohost is boring so i quit listening to quorators but i love ptak, especially this

https://soundcloud.com/theaterofdelights/season-0-zerial

i think it's one of the most creative short-form podcasts ever made

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

alex ptak is a genius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-57iODhPcg

rip ballin out super

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bro Dad posted:

alex ptak is a genius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-57iODhPcg

rip ballin out super

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvN9KthOqN0

oh i think this one was all jeremy

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
i enjoy any podcaster who sounds like a cartoon character even if their podcasts aren't that good (alex ptak, charles austin, alex branson)

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

i enjoy any podcaster who sounds like a cartoon character even if their podcasts aren't that good (alex ptak, charles austin, alex branson)

It's crazy how much Branson sounds like a big friendly cartoon character. I also learned that even his wife called him "Branson" a few months into his marriage.

Eric Szyszka of course sounds like a stoned wizard.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

i say swears online posted:

i think me and doc hawkins are the only two alex ptak stans in the thread. his cohost is boring so i quit listening to quorators but i love ptak, especially this

https://soundcloud.com/theaterofdelights/season-0-zerial

i think it's one of the most creative short-form podcasts ever made

How did you almost know my name :eng99:

Theater of Delights is his solo production, highly recommend. As someone not on social media Quorators is a good albeit depressing window into normie internet. The Master Chief episode is probably a fun one to start with and I think is available on YouTube. Ptak pack is small but fun, he's got a slapstick quality I enjoy a lot.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Dmitri-9 posted:

It's crazy how much Branson sounds like a big friendly cartoon character. I also learned that even his wife called him "Branson" a few months into his marriage.

Eric Szyszka of course sounds like a stoned wizard.

The “Branson Boys” jokes in the pod come from the fact that Branson has thirteen cousins, all of them male and all of them at least 6’3” and 240 pounds.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Gripweed posted:

The “Branson Boys” jokes in the pod come from the fact that Branson has thirteen cousins, all of them male and all of them at least 6’3” and 240 pounds.

Pat from PAL and Branson should have a cousin-off. New Hampshire cousins vs Missouri cousins. The theme song will be Cousins by Vampire Weekend.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

tenure... very powerful

tenure is even more win than politics

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Son of Sorrow posted:

I smoke weed every day and I'm just as smart and quick as I was when I was born. More, maybe, and I owe it all to podcasts.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Xaris posted:

my partner loves this podcast, but they also like something rhymes with purple, so.... they are not to be trusted

personally I don't like brits nor find british comedians very funny so it's not my cup of tea
The only good seppo comics are the ones that got "cancelled".

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I quit weed and now I'm dumb as poo poo

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Yossarian-22 posted:

The adam friedland show podcast is p dece ofc

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's bad, actually

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

it's bad, actually

The latest episode, with no Adam, was pretty funny

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The latest episode, with no Adam, was pretty funny

hes so bad at hosting his own show

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

does anyone have a seeking derangements patreon feed? need to hear about the ben hate crime story

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Conceptually it is funny but practically it is no longer fun for me to watch lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

does anyone have a seeking derangements patreon feed? need to hear about the ben hate crime story

been looking for one for years, friend

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Conceptually it is funny but practically it is no longer fun for me to watch lol

yeah i really enjoyed the big-name guests like cuomo and tyson but they just...quit doing that?? and now it's mike recine and the worst audio mixing of all time

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

yeah i really enjoyed the big-name guests like cuomo and tyson but they just...quit doing that?? and now it's mike recine and the worst audio mixing of all time

Nick is doing a Tim Heidecker long form bit but it's not satirical or ironic he's just destroying the thing he built

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's funny that ian's lovely, overstuffed basement has pretty good acoustics because of all his crap