Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Lowclock posted:

You know man, sixteen hundred. 100100100100100100100100100100100100100100100100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Songs From Anime
Aug 15, 2007

Not Craigslist, but I was out at the North Portland Pick N' Pull for the 50% off sale they're doing this weekend. In one of the rows is an intact 1980s Chrysler wagon of some sort. Turbocharged. With a full woody kit. I'm not sure if they'd sell you the whole thing, but it really does seem like gold for the sort of twisted individual who can appreciate a car like that (IT IS GODDAMN MAGNIFICENT SOMEONE GO SAVE IT).

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/2575304162.html

quote:

2007 Mazdaspeed 3- Highly Modified 11K+ invested- Need to sell - $14500

Asking 14500 obo

The current amount of money invested in the car has been over $11,000.00 in performance modifications and professional tuning (done by Dyno-Comp of Scottsdale), not including my own personal time spent on all installations. Given my current setup, the MS3 put down 310whp and 320lbft @ 19psi with the Garrett GT2871r Turbo (Upgraded Turbo).
Off the top of my head, my mod list of this vehicle includes the following (all prices reflect current value):

(snipped mod list. bigger turbo blah blah)

Pros-off the top of my head:
• Honest seller-you ask me and I'm going to tell you what you want to know. I have spent a lot of time and effort in this car and know a lot about it.
• All of these parts were properly tuned by professionals.
• Car has never been in an accident, will supply car fax if requested from serious buyers
• My sale includes original factory air intake, original headers, downpipe, and catback exhaust, original turbo unit, and original transmission mount.
• Car has used royal purple full synthetics from day 1-previous owner as well
• Maintenance kept up by myself, fresh oil 1500mi, new coolant 1500mi, and engine detail.
• Has 3m clear bra to protect hood and bumper
• Newer tires lots of tread left and Sticky
• Bose sound system with added 12" Kenwood subwoofer and 1000wat amp in a ported sub enclosure.
• Clean interior and cleaned often, non smoker. Leather sport seats, Momo shift knob.
• Car has NEVER been taken to the race track

Now for the cons:
• The major one- Approximately 6k-7k miles ago on the new larger turbo setup, I had my boost control solenoid fail and caused my engine to enter an over boost state. Afterwards I replaced the boost control solenoid (Grimmspeed) with a Perrin (recommended by Dyno Comp). After I took the car in, I found that nothing was broken, but the engine had become worn due to the over boost that occurred. . . Basically the engine is currently running at actuator pressure (14psi) to keep from further wear until the recommended engine refresh is performed (new Piston rings should do it)

This vehicle has been my daily driver and most all of my driving is highway. I was able achieve 30 Highway mpg average with this larger turbo and clutch kit.

Email for more pictures or questions- Serious buyers only, no joy rides

The compression is lovely and it gets an absurd amount of blow by so you'll be emptying that super sweet catch can every day but look at this investment! :downs:

I also like the fluid change intervals. No wonder the kid is broke.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Highly modified and made 310whp? Not a good cost/benefit at all.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DJ Commie posted:

Highly modified and made 310whp? Not a good cost/benefit at all.

That struck me as odd too but I don't know MS3's that well so didn't mention. I figured the stock turbo could at least get you that high and you'd be knocking on 400 with an aftermarket unit.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

That struck me as odd too but I don't know MS3's that well so didn't mention. I figured the stock turbo could at least get you that high and you'd be knocking on 400 with an aftermarket unit.

With new rings I am sure he could. Edit* I didn't see any injectors on that list either, so it's pretty clear he had no idea what the gently caress he was doing.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

ratbert90 posted:

With new rings I am sure he could.

Probably expected it was tuned before the damage was noticed. Also, I see no ECU flash. Its also DI so it might not have actually needed uprated injectors, depending on the headroom for that rockin $11k/60hp.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Landshark posted:

Keep the faith brother, keep the faith

So he wants one thousand, six hundred dollars?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DJ Commie posted:

depending on the headroom for that rockin $11k/60hp.

Hey buddy. That's an investment. <:mad:>

Also, I think that Cobb AccessThingamabobber is an ECU tuner of sorts. Edit: I'm guessing a lovely canned tune from that podunk tuner he used.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 5, 2011

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I also like the fluid change intervals. No wonder the kid is broke.

To me that reads those fluids were last changed 1500 miles ago

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.
great car Must SELL - $600 (obo)

Single mom of two looking to sell my car. Car worked fine until I ran over a puddle of water yesterday ;( and now it won't turn over ..... I was told by an Mechanic that it is nothing major wrong and that it just needs to dry out but I just don't feel like dealing wit it. Car looks great runs good and has no other problems. Feel free to bring your Mechanic with u if need be. It is a Cadillac with 10,000 miles year 1994
;-*

why would you dump a mint Cadillac if theres "nothing major wrong with it" this is either a fantastic steal or a loving nightmare

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/A0qMq.png

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/2547480438.html

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

MS3

This guy needs to dumb down his gud english and big words if he wants to sell a car on craigslist.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Huggable Bear King posted:

why would you dump a mint Cadillac if theres "nothing major wrong with it" this is either a fantastic steal or a loving nightmare

Clicking on the car images in the ad goes to a webpage for something about internet service, DVDs, VHS, and CDs. Could be the car ad is just a bogus attention getter to get people to see whatever the hell that other page is.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Someone want a Galant VR4 for cheap? Its about 15 minutes away from me if someone is interested
http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/2568659552.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

DJ Commie posted:

Someone want a Galant VR4 for cheap? Its about 15 minutes away from me if someone is interested
http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/2568659552.html

you are the devil for tempting me with this.

I'd probably pay more in shipping than I did for the car.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Only total loving wusses ship cars.

heat
Sep 4, 2003

The Mad Monk

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

you are the devil for tempting me with this.

I'd probably pay more in shipping than I did for the car.

It doesn't run, the guy has no title, it's painted a horrific color, and is that a plexiglass-lined hole cut in the hood?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
What a loving idiot. "I don't want to bother with the paperwork so you don't get a title"

Yeah I'll get right on the phone for that...

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

revmoo posted:

What a loving idiot. "I don't want to bother with the paperwork so you don't get a title"

Yeah I'll get right on the phone for that...

If somebody wants some stolen parts it's probably worthwhile.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

DJ Commie posted:

except it doesn't run and it's probably stolen anyway.

pushing a stolen car across country? no thanks.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

My experience with Craigslist deals is that the problem ususally isn't more than twice as bad as described, but totally unrelated problem than described.

Its probably not stolen, just an idiot owner.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

DJ Commie posted:

Probably expected it was tuned before the damage was noticed. Also, I see no ECU flash. Its also DI so it might not have actually needed uprated injectors, depending on the headroom for that rockin $11k/60hp.

I admit that I've not looked that heavily into what's involved in heavy mods for my MS3 since I have no intention of doing that, but I don't think injectors are required for most situations - the direct injection ones it has can keep up drat well. However, it IS missing a part that a lot of MS3 guys do with just an intake and exhaust, LONG before you even think of doing a turbo - an upgraded high pressure fuel pump.

So, 'overboost' my rear end, this thing ran lean.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
I am going to look at this car today with my buddy, what do you guys think?

Actual gold?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2583512086.html

97 Acura Integra (Automatic, Dark Green, Runs Great) - $2000

I've had the vehicle for a bit over 5 years now, but I'm moving to DC and need to sell it. For as long as I've had it, the car hasn't given me much trouble. Runs great. No personal checks accepted.

2-door / hatchback / automatic / dark green / clean title / CD player & am-fm radio / runs great / passed emissions this year / WA registration remains good until the end of 2011.

I am in the Wallingford area of Seattle, but I'll actually be down to Olympia once or twice this week if any interested party is nearer there.

Vehicle Maintenance History -

TIRES: Tires are fine, I've actually had them for a few years now but I went to a shop recently and they said the tires don't need replacing. I also had them re-aligned just a few months ago.

BREAKS: The break pads wore down about a year ago, so they have been replaced recently.

ENGINE: No problems with it ever, but I did have to replace a few hoses recently simply due to age. The vehicle's battery is also only about a year old.

TRANSMISSION: The car itself has 207,000 miles on it, but the transmission needed to be replaced a few months ago and the one in the vehicle now only has 130,000 miles on it.

OTHER: I had the radio antenna up going through a car wash... so it's gone. The car does have a CD player, but the lack of an antenna hurts AM radio reception. Front bumper and hood got damaged so I had them replaced. As a result the front bumper is a bit darker than the rest of the car (see photographs). You'll also notice that the front driver's seat has a tear in it.

Here are fairly detailed photos of the car:

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
That's a nice enough Acura but it's not $2K nice. The front bumper has obviously been replaced. I don't think the hood's been replaced. See how well the hood paint matches the fenders. Run a carfax if you can, and look at the front end closely if you know what to look for, or bring a friend who does. That would be my primary concern. It could have been nothing serious and they just replaced it for whatever reason, but I suspect it's been in a low-speed collision. It's got a few niggles, and the miles are a little high although for a Honda it's not too bad. See if he knows when the timing belt was last done. Try and talk him down anyway. I am no expert but I have rebuilt three or four wrecked Integras. They are solid machines and I even like the teg's automatic, and I fuckin hate automatics. But yeah this particular car has some issues, but for a cheap running car, I wouldn't say no because of any of them at face value, but I would try and get the price to reflect that better.

e: I'm an idiot and I didn't even read where he mentioned the bumper/hood. "Got damaged" doesn't mean anything so see if you can get more info than that... I can't really tell what's going on with the dent in the hood anybody with better eyes than me got an opinion?

Synonamess Botch fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 7, 2011

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DJ Commie posted:

Or guys who can't get the time off work so they have to ship it?

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what

Rhyno posted:

Or guys who can't get the time off work so they have to ship it?
Oh you mean guys who are afraid to ask for time off because they want to impress their boss with their work output instead of with actual awesomeness? Look at me I'm not even man enough to just ask the boss for time off to drive a car cross-country for shits and giggles.

Y'all missed some actual loving gold by not perusing that government auction posted earlier.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I'd loving love to hear an appraiser's opinion on how much Luigi is worth.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
1999 Saab Convertible; It floats!:

I have a very nice White with black soft top 1999 Saab 9-3 Convertible for sale. Salvage Title registration until March 2012. Has 165k miles runs good, automatic. Selling as is. Drivers side seat belt needs to be replaced/repaired, minor blemishes on the exterior, interior leather in good condition (drivers set has some wear), to lower and raise top requires hitting the reset button a couple of times, all new tires, new battery. I have had it for almost 2 years and has been a great little car. I need to get a four door vehicle to be able to transport my granddaughter and since finances are tight don't want to put in the $100 to get the seatbelt fixed need every penny for the replacement car. $1,500 as is.....I will remove posting if sold. Will try to load pic's soon.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
gently caress me, I'd sell my soul for this motor for my mr2:

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/2570283770.html

No pic:

quote:

AE86 Corolla Coupe - $3200 (James Island)

87 coupe lowered primer black with rims call or text Justin for pics or more info @ (864) 322-3538 price is OBO!!
-4agze swap with stand alone ems
-msd box with gm coils
-mr2 front seats
-upgraded sc14 supercharger to go with it
with custom brackets and tensioner.
-Runs but needs alternator rebuilt or new

I wonder if he has the right tranny in it, too; I'd need one of those as well.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Speaking of MR2's there is a dude on CL selling an 86 MR2 with only 56k on it for 2750 and it looks in pretty good shape. Some Massachusetts goon buy this and take care of it

e: there is also a 3SGTE swapped Celica :pwn:

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 8, 2011

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Was 86 a good year for the MR2? There's one locally for 3000 that I've had my eye on for a couple months.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rocket Salad posted:

Oh you mean guys who are afraid to ask for time off because they want to impress their boss with their work output instead of with actual awesomeness? Look at me I'm not even man enough to just ask the boss for time off to drive a car cross-country for shits and giggles.

I was tapped out of vacation time!

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

A MIRACLE posted:

Was 86 a good year for the MR2? There's one locally for 3000 that I've had my eye on for a couple months.

Well, yeah and no. The AW11, which is essentially the '85, '86, and '87 NA MR2's engine, the 4A-GE, has an iron block, and I'm beginning to wonder if its actually a mortal being or re-purposed alien technology of some kind. I don't think you can break one without being a complete idiot, chronically. It was originally designed and used by the Toyota racing team, which is a thing that I didn't know existed.

The T-VIS, which I've been envisioning as kind of a precursor to later VTEC poo poo, is awesome. The 1.6 l engine has 4 valves, and once you hit about 4800 rpm the T-VIS "turns on" the extra intake valves. Using 1 valve at low revs results in better intake velocities.

The suspension (or whole car, depending on who you trust) was rumored to have been designed by Lotus.

The whole car only weighs a little over a ton. The mid-engine design was accomplished by almost taking a FWD chassis, and putting a body on it backwards. It has CV axles and a trans-axle instead of drive shafts and an independent diff.

Really, I love everything about my '85. I only said "yes and no" because the supercharged ones didn't come out till '87. But I recommend it, its lasted in drat good shape and its 26 years old.

edit: Also ~32 mpg City AND Highway

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

The Rocket Salad posted:

Driving that Merc 190e 2.3-16 was one of the most interesting things I have ever done.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

The Scientist posted:

Well, yeah and no. The AW11, which is essentially the '85, '86, and '87 NA MR2's engine, the 4A-GE, has an iron block, and I'm beginning to wonder if its actually a mortal being or re-purposed alien technology of some kind. I don't think you can break one without being a complete idiot, chronically. It was originally designed and used by the Toyota racing team, which is a thing that I didn't know existed.

The T-VIS, which I've been envisioning as kind of a precursor to later VTEC poo poo, is awesome. The 1.6 l engine has 4 valves, and once you hit about 4800 rpm the T-VIS "turns on" the extra intake valves. Using 1 valve at low revs results in better intake velocities.

The suspension (or whole car, depending on who you trust) was rumored to have been designed by Lotus.

The whole car only weighs a little over a ton. The mid-engine design was accomplished by almost taking a FWD chassis, and putting a body on it backwards. It has CV axles and a trans-axle instead of drive shafts and an independent diff.

Really, I love everything about my '85. I only said "yes and no" because the supercharged ones didn't come out till '87. But I recommend it, its lasted in drat good shape and its 26 years old.

edit: Also ~32 mpg City AND Highway

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm mostly looking for a toy at this point as I already have a boring safe reliable car: 2007 Focus. I'm torn between the first-gen MR2 and an NA Miata. Or an E30. And whatever else tempts me on craigslist.

There was a super clean, completely stock 5 speed 240sx on the other day and I'm kicking myself for letting it go.

But the MR2 is my favorite :3

TWiNKiE
Nov 18, 2002

Daah, I heard that!
Behold, the Explorer made of actual gold! :monocle:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/2588735141.html

At first, I thought he just mistyped $2,500.00 and figured it wasn't worth posting. But the bottom of the description clearly shows that this automobile was clad in the wizard's precious gold. Nice, right? That's not all, though. It also comes with Superman floor mats, apparently made from Superman's actual cape.

And this next one... I, for one, am dying to drive a car with a flour shifter in the center concel, but sadly, there was a reek and the axle is lose.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/2572636132.html

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So, I'm kinda tempted to look into this, a 67 and 68 Mustang Coupe for $1000 total.
There's no title, so I'm guessing they have a salvage title or something, but it kind looks to be half-polished gold? I mean, they're not that far gone, but it does mean a trip to Bithlo...

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2486580605.html

Also, why yes, I do want to pay $16000 for a "one of a kind" car made from a very popular kit!
http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2546598850.html

It even comes with Door Locks! What a deal!

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 9, 2011

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

A MIRACLE posted:

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm mostly looking for a toy at this point as I already have a boring safe reliable car: 2007 Focus. I'm torn between the first-gen MR2 and an NA Miata. Or an E30. And whatever else tempts me on craigslist.

There was a super clean, completely stock 5 speed 240sx on the other day and I'm kicking myself for letting it go.

But the MR2 is my favorite :3

Eventually you will either own them all at the same time or consecutively

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

ExplodingSims posted:

So, I'm kinda tempted to look into this, a 67 and 68 Mustang Coupe for $1000 total.
There's no title, so I'm guessing they have a salvage title or something, but it kind looks to be half-polished gold? I mean, they're not that far gone, but it does mean a trip to Bithlo...

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2486580605.html

A trip to Bithlo could be fun, that's where they have drag races and crazy dirt track racing and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

The Scientist posted:

The mid-engine design was accomplished by almost taking a FWD chassis, and putting a body on it backwards. It has CV axles and a trans-axle instead of drive shafts and an independent diff.

Isn't that how most transverse midengine cars work?