Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe Tokyo Tarareba Girls is not actually a good thing for me to read right now. Volume 4 is annihilating me.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I thought there was a new Shimanami Tasogare chapter, but it was just someone uploading a fixed version of a chapter from May. :(

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
we'll never get more of the gays

the gays are dead

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
:rip:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I ordered my sister's christmas present and it was just short of almost the amount for free shipping so I may have added a few Kaze manga. Just to get free shipping of course. No other reason.

Oh and what happened to the manga about a girl who went full speed headfirst into becoming an otaku while being in denial about it in order to flirt with another girl? Don't become an otaku something? Feels like forever since I saw an update to it.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Poil posted:

Oh and what happened to the manga about a girl who went full speed headfirst into becoming an otaku while being in denial about it in order to flirt with another girl? Don't become an otaku something? Feels like forever since I saw an update to it.

You're thinking of Shinozaki-san and it looks like it's been over a year since the last scanlation.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
The gays are dead

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poil posted:

I ordered my sister's christmas present and it was just short of almost the amount for free shipping so I may have added a few Kaze manga. Just to get free shipping of course. No other reason.

Please. It totally wasn't in order to flirt with the other girl, either. And now I'm sad about its lack of updates.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Welp. I guess it's dead then? :(

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Poil posted:

Welp. I guess it's dead then? :(

Word is that the scanlators lost interest. To be fair, the plot had been kinda spinning its wheels for a while by that point.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I thought the plot was Shinozaki being in denial about being a gay otaku, and that's what every chapter was.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
:siren: New Tamen de Gushi :siren:

......................?
...????
!?!??!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Thuryl posted:

Word is that the scanlators lost interest. To be fair, the plot had been kinda spinning its wheels for a while by that point.
Yes it's disappointing but if the people putting in all the hard work translating find it too boring and think people won't read it because it has stagnated completely I can't really blame them.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Scanlators are stupid as hell and below slime molds on the evolutionary chain.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Poil posted:

Yes it's disappointing but if the people putting in all the hard work translating find it too boring and think people won't read it because it has stagnated completely I can't really blame them.

I thought most readers found it boring because it took increasingly long times between releases to the point where they just figured it was dead, which exacerbated any pacing problems it had.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Edmond Dantes posted:

:siren: New Tamen de Gushi :siren:

......................?
...????
!?!??!

That's adorable, but holy hell that website is rear end.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

coathat posted:

What a strange and overly antagonistic thing to say out of the blue like that

Chaosfirev posted:

That's adorable, but holy hell that website is rear end.
It's fine if you have adblock on

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

coathat posted:

They're the only reason we can read most of these series to begin with

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

It's fine if you have adblock on

Yeah but getting adblock to work with chrone on my cellphone is something I never got around to doing. At least Batoto doesn't seem to have ads/if they do they don't really mess with the cellphone page

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

KissManga crashed my ipad after getting stuck in some sort of bogus add-on installation attempt so gently caress that site hard. Doubly so since the scans for Please Love Useless Me and many others request not to be hosted there anyway.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I never open scan sites on my phone/tablet, not even batoto D:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

a kitten posted:

KissManga crashed my ipad after getting stuck in some sort of bogus add-on installation attempt so gently caress that site hard. Doubly so since the scans for Please Love Useless Me and many others request not to be hosted there anyway.
I mean, manga companies probably ask people not to pirate their products but that's exactly what's going on here, dunno why the scanners somehow get some say in where the scans are put up

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Firefox + uBlock works fine on mobile, but batoto's website is just not mobile friendly in any conceivable way whatsoever.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I have yet to find a site that is mobile-friendly. At least Batoto has big buttons for overall browsing, and they don't do silly things when you zoom in on a page. The Follow function has been broken for a while for me now, so that's pretty bad, but otherwise it's manageable.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Oddly enough dynasty works alright on cellphones but the selection is limited to yuri and more yuri.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

havenwaters posted:

Oddly enough dynasty works alright on cellphones but the selection is limited to yuri and more yuri.

Why would you want anything else?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

Why would you want anything else?

Sometimes you need to catch up on JoJoLion.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
New Kaguya.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Here comes Troll Dad enjoying a beer at the school function.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shirogane-Dad is such a great wingman.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa just ended and it is the best shounen romcom, get on that

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The latest Kaguya has the best "Oh poo poo I got trolled by my future father in law" face :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Terper posted:

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa just ended and it is the best shounen romcom, get on that

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Mikl posted:

The latest Kaguya has the best "Oh poo poo I got trolled by my future father in law" face :allears:

Everything about her reaction after realising who she was complimenting Shirogane in front of was great.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean, yes, I just wanted to specify that it was not a shoujo.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Last chapter of ReRe Hello went up today

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Not every Kaguya chapter is a homerun but god drat does it land some a lot of the time.

I'm late to the kissmanga talk because of the holidays but no that site is still garbage. While it is now possible to navigate via ublock/scriptsafe/noscript there is something inherently kind of hosed up about having to take that many stringent security precautions just to be able to navigate its home page, let alone peruse its content. Besides, even if you're able to get through safely now, whose to say those anti-script settings will hold? I know that with NoScript at least you couldn't even get the site to load without enabling the standard kissmanga domain, and why should I expect that some day that won't also contain some malicious code?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
You only need a decent adblocker though, which is "stringent security measures" in the same way as having a front door instead of a front wall-hole is.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've had adblock since forever, and still got a lot of malicious garbage coming my way on kissmanga until I installed NoScript (when I was using Firefox). It got to a point where even clicking on empty space on the kissmanga home page netted you a pop up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Sounds like your adblock is like, your waifu levels of poo poo