Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZpuQMtZnlI
Week of Pat's Mom Dinos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's so dumb, I love it :allears:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Fuckin' sweet, a week of Jeff Goldblum licensed games!

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Commissar Ken posted:

Fuckin' sweet, a week of Jeff Goldblum licensed games!

Did they make a Death Wish game?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Full LP of Dino Crisis. PLEASE.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Full LP of Dino Crisis. PLEASE.

I would unironically watch the gently caress out of this. Sometimes I feel like the only person on the planet that enjoyed Dino Crisis.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Sorry, Jurassic Park only!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Then god help us all

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
But is there a Jurassic Park fighting game for Fistiscrubs?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TheRealestMatt posted:

Oh poo poo, someone is playing some Warpath on Friday.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There is, Giant Bomb played it once.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Solaris Knight posted:

Jurassic Park Warpath.

It's... definitely gonna be a Scrublords.

mandolore
Jul 16, 2013
Jurassic week might as well be shark week.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I'm so hype for Trespasser. :allears:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Solaris Knight posted:

Rodyle posted:

There is, Giant Bomb played it once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbC4etBqIJI

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Called that poo poo.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
So there's the Gensis/SNES Jurassic Park, the Sega CD Jurassic Park, the fighting game, the sim game, Trespasser, Telltale, what else am I forgetting?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Week of Home Improvement for the SNES

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Silentman0 posted:

So there's the Gensis/SNES Jurassic Park, the Sega CD Jurassic Park, the fighting game, the sim game, Trespasser, Telltale, what else am I forgetting?

There was a Lost World game for PS1. If I recall correctly you can play as a t Rex in that one.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Ruggington posted:

Week of Home Improvement for the SNES

Week of games based on television licenses:.

-Home Improvement

-Beavis and Butthead

-Goof Troop

-Dark Angel

-Murder She Wrote point and click adventure

-One of those Robot Wars games, i'm sure there were a few.

-And cheat and play WCW Nitro or Thunder for the fighting game. Or even the Power Ranger Megazord fighting game, but I think you've done that one already.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Commissar Ken posted:

Week of games based on television licenses:.

-Home Improvement

-Beavis and Butthead

-Goof Troop

-Dark Angel

-Murder She Wrote point and click adventure

-One of those Robot Wars games, i'm sure there were a few.

-And cheat and play WCW Nitro or Thunder for the fighting game. Or even the Power Ranger Megazord fighting game, but I think you've done that one already.

the perfect place for Tester Plays of Downton Abbey

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Watching the Bloodborne finale the stage is Moonlit Wilderness, the song is Chelsea Dagger and Pat is exposing about how we're all gonna die and there's nothing beyond this life. What a finale.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh God Liam still doesn't know how to use Cyclone. LP's still fun though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh man the end of Freedom Planet episode 5 :captainpop:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This LP is really really fun because Woolie and Liam are clearly enjoying it more than they expected to. Buy Freedom Planet folks, poo poo's rad.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

i am excited for the week of nepnep

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm legitimately trying to think of a good Jurassic Park game.

You guys are real American heroes.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Why on earth would we do a let's play of Tresspasser? That's so insulting to Research Indicates' work!

That's like saying, "Eh, I could do a better Mona Lisa."

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Why on earth would we do a let's play of Tresspasser? That's so insulting to Research Indicates' work!

Fair enough.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

TheRealestMatt posted:

Hey Matt what happened to the Week of Shareware? The idea died or it's on the list of Things That Would Be Cool To Do But It's Not The Right Time?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm pretty sure you have a Southern American accent in your vast accent repertoire, you can do it, you can do the impossible, break the unbreakable etc

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Firefighter Week needs to happen.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Dexie posted:

Firefighter Week needs to happen.

I agree, week of BOSS FIRES needs to happen.

also a full lp of Firefighter FD18

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Another "week of" suggestion: games based on 90's cartoons. Captain Planet(NES), Ninja Turtles(NES), Biker Mice From Mars(SNES), and an actually GOOD video game, Phantom 2040 for the SNES.

Phantom 2040, it feels like, was forgotten to history much like Freedom Planet kinda is being forgotten currently, a game way better than you'd think at first glance. It's a split-path Metroidvania with enough endings in it to rival Chrono Trigger for variety of endings. From word go, you have to choose where to go; if you go to the university and go inside, you'll go on a specific story route, if you go right instead of going inside, you'll get a very useful weapon(fire retardant pellets) that you'll otherwise never find elsewhere in the game. There's dozens of these sorts of choices as you play, so there's a lot of difference in playthroughs. The gameplay itself isn't bad either, with plenty of exploring, boss fights, optional weapons to find, and a sweet fuckin' ninja rope that makes traversal way more interesting.

Here's a full playthrough of one path you can take. The title theme is pretty rad too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvKnb7ZZMjU&hd=1

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

Another "week of" suggestion: games based on 90's cartoons. Captain Planet(NES), Ninja Turtles(NES), Biker Mice From Mars(SNES), and an actually GOOD video game, Phantom 2040 for the SNES.

Phantom 2040, it feels like, was forgotten to history much like Freedom Planet kinda is being forgotten currently, a game way better than you'd think at first glance. It's a split-path Metroidvania with enough endings in it to rival Chrono Trigger for variety of endings. From word go, you have to choose where to go; if you go to the university and go inside, you'll go on a specific story route, if you go right instead of going inside, you'll get a very useful weapon(fire retardant pellets) that you'll otherwise never find elsewhere in the game. There's dozens of these sorts of choices as you play, so there's a lot of difference in playthroughs. The gameplay itself isn't bad either, with plenty of exploring, boss fights, optional weapons to find, and a sweet fuckin' ninja rope that makes traversal way more interesting.

Here's a full playthrough of one path you can take. The title theme is pretty rad too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvKnb7ZZMjU&hd=1

Man, I remember playing this game a long time ago, but I couldn't tell if it was bad or if I was bad at it, because there's something about that generation of floaty jump platformers that never sat right with me. Also, when's The Phantom reboot?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They already rebooted it with The Phantom in 1996.

It was an abomination

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It had Katherine Zetta Jones and ancient (not)Mayan crystal skulls that shoot laser beams, sounds good to me!
But yes Phantom 2040 is actually pretty fun and competent if confusing to go through.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

i am excited for the week of nepnep
There are more than enough games to make this a reality but I'd rather not see Pat die of frustration.

HGH fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 8, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope to see a full LP of the Telltale game because that game deserves more than one episode of fun times.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also nice to see Matt is still around. I assumed we drove him away because as goons we are meant to hurt the ones we love through harsh criticism and hateful irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Not a day goes by that I don't wish it wasn't that way because that's by far the worst thing about this place