Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Here's some night lords I've been working on:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

There are some great spooky boys.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Stanyer89 posted:

SEEYA LATER NERD! *The Crowd Has Spoken!*

Ah man, I go on vacation and missed all the drama and hijinks!

What lead to this one?

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Broken Record Talk posted:

What lead to this one?

Slack Hunger Games 2017

Vote for me if you want to live.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Hixson posted:

Here's some night lords I've been working on:

These are good shitlords but I still think the pod needs a little red somewhere.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

tallkidwithglasses posted:

These are good shitlords but I still think the pod needs a little red somewhere.

Or flesh chunks draped over sections.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Stanyer89 posted:

I agree with this. Some World Eaters style gore wouldn't be out of place with Night Lords.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Roll up some green stuff Thikk Dikks and have your guys be dong getters

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Those are some really fantastic night lords.

Sorry for your loss.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Nah

Stanyer89 posted:

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I agree with this. Some World Eaters style gore wouldn't be out of place with Night Lords.

The problem with hanging ornaments on it is you have to assign a downward direction for them to hang for them to look good. The dreadclaw has 2, one when its flying and one when its sitting or hovering. You can't do both

GreenMarine posted:

Those are some really fantastic night lords.

Thank you Mr. Green Marine.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Also that poo poo would rip right off a drop pod anyway. Never thought Night Lords looked good with a lot of red.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Hixson posted:

The problem with hanging ornaments on it is you have to assign a downward direction for them to hang for them to look good. The dreadclaw has 2, one when its flying and one when its sitting or hovering. You can't do both

ijyt posted:

Also that poo poo would rip right off a drop pod anyway. Never thought Night Lords looked good with a lot of red.

Wrong.

Idiots.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Stanyer89 posted:

I'm a wrong idiot.

Post a picture of your custom dreadclaw with cool ornaments

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Obviously, you mount them diagonally.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Broken Record Talk posted:

What lead to this one?

I was also on vacation and missed them doing a hunger games event I got volunteered for :(

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
If that thing is a Scorpius missile launcher on a Sicaran it better be be costed appropriately. Come on, FW.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Who actually wants a scorpius launcher on a sicaran? Seems like a weird choice. They should revisit the actual scorpius and price it correctly. It's stupidly cheap and more heavily armored than a predator.

Gimme those gatling gun and plasma variants. :getin:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

Who actually wants a scorpius launcher on a sicaran? Seems like a weird choice. They should revisit the actual scorpius and price it correctly. It's stupidly cheap and more heavily armored than a predator.

Gimme those gatling gun and plasma variants. :getin:

gently caress yes the other ones look poo poo hot.

EDIT: My worry is that the Scorpius launcher has fluff about being a prototype, and thats why it is heavy D3 if moved or whatever it is. Maybe this is the final one and it doesn't have that restriction. A sicaran zipping around the table firing Heavy3 AP3 blasts can gently caress off.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
It looks like it has smaller rockets. I'm not sure exactly what it's going to be, but I'd guess a direct fire version that's twin linked without blast. Heavy 4 Ap3 would make it ok. Heavy 6 AP3 would make it pretty good.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The email said it's a rotary missile launcher of some sort. I don't know why GW's into rotary weapons so much recently.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Hixson posted:

Post a picture of your custom dreadclaw with cool ornaments

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey. Hey, Stanyer.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Hey. Hey, Stanyer.

BUT THE loving HQ TAX THAT ISN'T ABLE TO RUN WITH THE MANDATORY GRAY SLAYER UNITS THAT HAVE TO BE USED WITH THE LIMITED ROW'S AVAILABLE TO YOU BECAUSE gently caress MY HOLE FW!!!!!!!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Stanyer89 posted:

BUT THE loving HQ TAX THAT ISN'T ABLE TO RUN WITH THE MANDATORY GRAY SLAYER UNITS THAT HAVE TO BE USED WITH THE LIMITED ROW'S AVAILABLE TO YOU BECAUSE gently caress MY HOLE FW!!!!!!!

:same:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

It begins!

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Safety Factor posted:

Hey. Hey, Stanyer.

Cmon man you can't expect him to actually read the rules

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

You misspelled "angles"

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

You misspelled "angles"

Dank Angles are the remnants of the II Legion that got deleted for being too fun.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Purged for failing in an extermination against a xenos race known as the Yuor Devils.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Sup

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads/Legion-Sicaran-Punisher-Tank.pdf
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-PL/Sicaran-Punisher-Tank-2017

The gatlin gun is basically a 18 shot rending heavy bolter. 210 points gets you 30 HB shots on an AV13 tank with fast. The sponsons are overpriced IMO, but this thing will be really strong against admech and auxillia. The worst thing about it is that it's heavy support.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

BULBASAUR posted:

Sup

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads/Legion-Sicaran-Punisher-Tank.pdf
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-PL/Sicaran-Punisher-Tank-2017

The gatlin gun is basically a 18 shot rending heavy bolter. 210 points gets you 30 HB shots on an AV13 tank with fast. The sponsons are overpriced IMO, but this thing will be really strong against admech and auxillia. The worst thing about it is that it's heavy support.

It's rending only if you fire it every other turn, otherwise you're just paying for a bunch of heavy bolter shots. Sounds kinda lame unless you're fighting auxilia.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Model is fly af tho

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Model is fly af tho

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
gently caress man, you can't just reduce everything to terms of heavy bolter.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

chutche2 posted:

It's rending only if you fire it every other turn, otherwise you're just paying for a bunch of heavy bolter shots. Sounds kinda lame unless you're fighting auxilia.

Auxillia, admech, SA, and sisters. So basically every army except marines and custodes. It'll kill 17 mooks each turn, or about 3 thallax, or about 6 marines if you have it go rending. It's basically a super daka predator and it isn't too bad if you have a plan for it. I'd probably cost it 20 points less tho

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

TTerrible posted:

gently caress man, you can't just reduce everything to terms of heavy bolter.

1. Mount heavy bolter in cupola
2. Fire at gaunt
3. ????
4. Lose game, post five times about it.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

BULBASAUR posted:

Auxillia, admech, SA, and sisters. So basically every army except marines and custodes. It'll kill 17 mooks each turn, or about 3 thallax, or about 6 marines if you have it go rending. It's basically a super daka predator and it isn't too bad if you have a plan for it. I'd probably cost it 20 points less tho

Sure, that's fair. It depends on the meta. Literally no one here plays anything except loyalist or traitor marines.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It makes me want to take a librarian to do a poor impression of Pask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

I'd probably cost it 20 points less tho

What's stopping you?