Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Buddy I'm nearly 40 and I cannot remember a time before the pretense that a two-state solution would ever be implemented.
Israel's greatest natural resource is self delusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Nebalebadingdong posted:

"Very hard for anyone to pretend Two States is still viable if this happens."

im sure they'll find a way

Yeah, that statement is great because it presumes that they will give two shits about consistency or forming a logical argument or anything of the sort. Literally all they have to say is "a two-state solution is viable". Afterall they've already been doing it for decades now where it hasn't been viable, so why would they stop now?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1172887122757525504?s=20

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

They announce they will annex a good chunk of the West Bank and Trump rewards that with a defense pact. Un-loving-real.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I've been banging about one-state solution being the only realistic outcome for a decade. When you take on account the respective political make up of the Israelis (right-wing), West Bank (weak puppet) and Gaza (right-wing), the only thing that is guaranteed to happen is increasing escalation of violence and settler colonialism. When you consider the demographics of the West Bank, you see that there are already enough settlers that dislodging them will lead into an Israeli Civil War, so the settlers won't be dislodged. When you consider the geography of West Bank, you realize that will make the functioning Palestinian state impossible. When you consider the economy of the region, it is just getting more and more integrated. When you consider history, it is unlikely none of this will be changed.

There was always going to be only one state. As long as America was saying semi-sane it was going to take long but holy poo poo did we change that. Expect Full South Africa style apartheid in two decades max. I expect boycotting them to submission to take about the same.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 14, 2019

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They’ve already been doing apartheid.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

DarkCrawler posted:

There was always going to be only one state. As long as America was saying semi-sane it was going to take long but holy poo poo did we change that. Expect Full South Africa style apartheid in two decades max. I expect boycotting them to submission to take about the same.

None of that is going to happen because climate change and other forms of pollution is going to make the area literally unlivable before then.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

pro starcraft loser posted:

They announce they will annex a good chunk of the West Bank and Trump rewards that with a defense pact. Un-loving-real.

https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1172946375404916738

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Something to keep in mind is that Israeli election law heavily restricts campaigning in the days leading up to an election, but if the Prime Minister engages in negotiations with a foreign government, that doesn't count as "campaigning" - even if it includes a publicly-broadcast speech about all the good he's doing for Israel.

Remember when he famously spurned Obama by giving a speech in front of Congress against the Iran deal without clearing it with the White House? That was during the campaigning blackout period preceding an election too. When none of his opponents were allowed to run campaign ads at all, it was a great excuse for him to give a speech talking about all the dangers that brave, noble Netanyahu was tasked with defending Israel from.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It looks like Trump tweets something and pretends like he did something that took a lot of work. Because now that he's announced it, someone else is going to get it done for him.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Argas posted:

It looks like Trump tweets something and pretends like he did something that took a lot of work. Because now that he's announced it, someone else is going to get it done for him.

DEALS DEALS DEALS DEALS DEALS DEALS DEALS DEALS DEALS DEALS DEALS

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
I've been posting this on the typical "BDS and the Left are the real threat to Jews" FB posts:

Sorry but I'm not as worried about college students who criticize Israel as I am about the aspiring Einsatzgruppen who shoot up shuls.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I thought they were atomqaffen?

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

HootTheOwl posted:

I thought they were atomqaffen?

Oh, you mean the "Atomwaffen?" No, the real threat to American Jews is 'The Squad and BDS'. Look how many they have killed already.

Note: I'm being sarcastic, but yeah ... I see stuff like that posted on FB almost every day.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/avischarf/status/1173584851469053952?s=20

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

VideoGameVet posted:

Oh, you mean the "Atomwaffen?" No, the real threat to American Jews is 'The Squad and BDS'. Look how many they have killed already.

Note: I'm being sarcastic, but yeah ... I see stuff like that posted on FB almost every day.

I did, but then I put in a typo with a Q and I thought it scanned well.
Now I'm seriously asking: Isn't "atomwaffen" the name for neonazi cells?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Terrorist network, linked to multiple killings, assaults and rapes.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

HootTheOwl posted:

I did, but then I put in a typo with a Q and I thought it scanned well.
Now I'm seriously asking: Isn't "atomwaffen" the name for neonazi cells?

Yeah it exists, but remember BDS and "The Squad" are the real threat to Jews in America.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

netanyahu is gonna win again anyway lol

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nebalebadingdong posted:

netanyahu is gonna win again anyway lol

He is the eternal leader of Israel.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Netanyahu didn't win the last round, to remind ya'll.

Though the odds are on him now that Shaked\Bennet and Feiglin aren't expected to make 300,000 right wing votes evaporate.

Basically there are two scenarios, either Netanyahu + Shaked + Haredim have 61 seats or they don't, in the first scenario netanyahu is PM, in the second scenario Liberman is the king maker and nobody knows what he's going to do. The most positive outcome is for Likud to oust Netanyahu and have a secular center-right government with Ganz and Liberman, I guess.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Don't forget to vote people, Luxury gay space communism will not materialize by itself!

E:
Huh huh, just saw the Labour party's posters: "A social Iron Dome"
I completely agree that the Labour party is a monstrously expensive waste of resources that only partially addresses the symptoms and does nothing to fix the root issues.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 17, 2019

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Is there any party in Israel, with a vote share above 0.01%, whose platform includes the emancipation of the Palestinians?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

FlamingLiberal posted:

They’ve already been doing apartheid.

They have. Full South Africa Apartheid is still different.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Cat Mattress posted:

Is there any party in Israel, with a vote share above 0.01%, whose platform includes the emancipation of the Palestinians?

I dunno about emancipation specifically, but they have the Joint Arab List, which is basically every non-Jewish party banded together, and has a pretty solid vote share on account of getting the majority of muslim votes and a decent chunk of secular arabs'. I don't recall any specific details, but their influence is frequently hampered by Likud and parties to their right. I think there were stories of JAL members being barred from Knesset grounds and maybe even arrested due to accusations of anti-Semitism and sympathies with Hamas and BDS? Someone correct me on this. On top of which, they're kind of a mess due to representing every ideology to the left of fascism.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Meretz also used to have disengagement explicitly in their platform and polled 3.6% last election, but then they joined up with Ehud Barak so who knows.

Labor no longer cares (not that they ever did, really) and every other party is on varying points of the spectrum from the status quo (Kahol Lavan) to annex every settlement immediately (Likud as of this week apparently) to annex the entire West Bank and expel every Arab by force (Otzma Yehudit, parts of Yamina) so, uh, it's not looking really good.

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 17, 2019

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I dunno about emancipation specifically, but they have the Joint Arab List

I thought it disbanded.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

They reunited for these elections and are projected to get 10/120 Knesset seats.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
Just got back from the booth.
There goes nothing.
(so, betting-wise - same thing as last election, or Bibi wins?)

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Gun Jam posted:

Just got back from the booth.
There goes nothing.
(so, betting-wise - same thing as last election, or Bibi wins?)

Why not both?

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015

...Cause last election, Bibi didn't win, and so we went to the polls again?
e:or anybody else won, for that matter

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I highly doubt that they would dare go to the polls again soon even under the exact same result as last time. Most likely, Bibi would find some way to break apart Blue and White and/or placate Lieberman.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

It all depends on which small parties break 3.25%

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AxiosWorld/status/1174039746538016771?s=20

:eyepop:

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Basically, same as last round:

(results from avg. exit poll vs last round's results)

Kahol Lavon -2 (33)
Likud -7 (32) (last election: includes Kulanu)
Joint List +2 (12) (last election: Hadash-Ta'al and Balad)
Yisrael Beitenu +4 (9)
Shas +1 (9)
UTJ +0 (8)
Yamina +2 (7) (last election: Union of Right Wing)
Democratic Union +1 (5) (last election: Meretz)
Labor/Gesher -2 (4)

Up to Lieberman who's PM looks like!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ariehkovler/status/1174040587454078978?s=20

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Right wing, would work with the religious parties:
39 seats
Likud 32
Yamina 7

Ultra religious bloc: 17 seats
Shas 9
UTJ 8

Secular right wing: 42 seats
Kahol Lavan 33
Yisrael Beitenu 9

Sell out centre: 4 seats
Labor/Gesher 4

Actually left wing: 17 seats
Democratic Union 5
Joint List 12

Seems to me that Bibi will build a weak majority with the religious groups (56 seats) and maybe tempt the Labour too.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
These are just exit polls or actual results?

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015

Nebalebadingdong posted:

These are just exit polls or actual results?

The former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Results will take a day at the least (for a -+ 1 seat accuracy).
These are polls.