Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Kenny Logins posted:

$10 CAD on the Canadian iTunes for the season is quite the sweet spot.

That actually is a surprisingly OK price. Does it have all of the extra Tales from the Clown Box?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SpacePig posted:

That actually is a surprisingly OK price. Does it have all of the extra Tales from the Clown Box?
No extras, but that could be something they add in later. For now, there's no iTunes extras or other episodes beyond the core 6.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I love Griffin getting utterly owned in the wrist brace question.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Waffleman_ posted:

I love Griffin getting utterly owned in the wrist brace question.

The long applause break was from him getting out of his chair and just laying down on the floor behind the table in embarrassment.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

...how did Travis nail that Twin Peaks spoiler so hard? :psyduck:

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

caligulamprey posted:

...how did Travis nail that Twin Peaks spoiler so hard? :psyduck:

Travis is low-key clairvoyant.

See: Lin and DuckTales

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What did Travis call?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

RandomPauI posted:

What did Travis call?

Anyone answering this should probably put it in spoiler tags

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

RandomPauI posted:

What did Travis call?
Travis suggests Kyle Maclachlan has a twin named Doug on the live show and one of the show's major plot lines so far involves an Agent Cooper doppelgänger named Dougie.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 24, 2017

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
apparently I need to catch up to rose buddies right the gently caress now

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

hahaha that's some clownbox poo poo. They're going to loving love that

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

caligulamprey posted:

Travis suggests Kyle Maclachlan has a twin named Doug on the live show and one of the show's major plot line so far involves an Agent Cooper doppelgänger named Dougie.

The secret 4th McElroy brother?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

I literally just started watching Bachelorette because of Rose Buddies, is this poo poo typical? This is insane.

There was also a dude who's occupation subtitle was 'Tickle Monster'.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

I literally just started watching Bachelorette because of Rose Buddies, is this poo poo typical? This is insane.

There was also a dude who's occupation subtitle was 'Tickle Monster'.

They've been leaning into comedy/goofy poo poo for a while now. Episodes of the Bachelor/ette often end with a weird little skit, and the whole concept of Bachelor in Paradise seems to really lean into ironic humour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyfSGAprRBw

We've come full circle from reality shows pretending to be authentic to reality shows acknowledging their inauthenticity as a sort of honesty in itself.

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 24, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The Narrator posted:

We've come full circle from reality shows pretending to be authentic to reality shows acknowledging their inauthenticity as a sort of honesty in itself.
I still have my fingers crossed that one day Griffin will start a RuPaul's Drag Race podcast.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

caligulamprey posted:

I still have my fingers crossed that one day Griffin will start a RuPaul's Drag Race podcast.

Didn't they do a Drag Race episode at some point? Or maybe it was a bit on MBMBaM at some point. I definitely seem to remember Griffo talking about it.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Griffin did mention on Rose Buddies that they didn't plan on ever doing Drag Race, because he doesn't feel like he's really able to speak about a LGBT-oriented show as a straight man. He probably said it better than that, but yeah I don't think a RPDR fancast is coming out of the Mcelroy family.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

They said that they won't be doing it because they aren't the right people to do it, as I recall. Not really within the purview of Roze Buddiez anyhow.

EDIT: done got beat

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
A post on the Facebook group reminded me about Travis' Seattle PodCon thing, and, uh, it's not even a quarter of the way there with less than 2 weeks to go. Yikes.

I really don't think this thing is going to happen, and I almost feel bad for Travis.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
it was a stupid idea with bad execution and worse timing, I'm not surprised.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's okay, because they get to keep that money they can't do anything with, because flexible funding is a good idea that's not usually used by outright scams.

Not accusing Travis of anything, I'm just saying it has a reputation.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

I finally looked at the IndieGogo page after having written it off due to the doomsaying in the thread and ... you guys realize it's a Hank Green thing, too, right? That dude owns a company that already runs two or three conventions, so I don't think this is going to fail due to inexperience or lack of money. I don't have an opinion on whether it's going to be good or not, but I really doubt Green is going to sink his whole brand over $60k.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hank Green's literal entire business model at this point is podcast cons and poo poo like that. It's a dumb idea because the world really doesn't need more podcons and stuff like 'also our headliners will be doing their things in side venues anyway' but it's not some kinda weird dashcon style scam

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

CaptainViolence posted:

I finally looked at the IndieGogo page after having written it off due to the doomsaying in the thread and ... you guys realize it's a Hank Green thing, too, right? That dude owns a company that already runs two or three conventions, so I don't think this is going to fail due to inexperience or lack of money. I don't have an opinion on whether it's going to be good or not, but I really doubt Green is going to sink his whole brand over $60k.

It'll probably pretty heavily influence who is and is not able to attend, and something like this could be a good indicator of lack of interest, which means they may back away from it. I know $60k might not sink it entirely, and there's probably a good chance that it'll surge close to $100k closer to the end, but it'll still probably be a far cry from the $300k they're asking for.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

All very true, but even in terms of backing off I think it's a situation where they make it a one-off thing instead of annual. I'm just saying that earlier in the thread I got the impression that it would be a DashCon or Fyre Festival style disaster, and now that I read the IndieGogo page, it's nothing nearly as exciting as that.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

to be blunt, the world is not crying out for another convention of white guys talking about nerd poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

to be blunt, the world is not crying out for another convention of white guys talking about nerd poo poo

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

http://coldplaycrybaby.com

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

AriadneThread posted:

:rolleyes:

"unnecessary" is different from "scam," but hey, you do you

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

CaptainViolence posted:

:rolleyes:

"unnecessary" is different from "scam," but hey, you do you

I don't think anybody itt is calling it a scam so this reply comes off as completely incongruous to the post you're replying to

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Just to be clear, I'm not claiming it's a scam, necessarily. Just that it's not going to get its funding, and it won't be nearly as """"cool"""" as it is on paper right now. I made allusions to DashCon earlier because Night Vale and Adventure Zone, arguably the biggest draws to the thing, are separately ticketed events, thus an extra charge. Those 2 shows are probably still happening regardless, but there might not be a whole to-do going on around it.

e: The closest thing to a scam is the flex funding, but you know for sure that with someone like Hank Green involved, how it's used is going to be very public.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I was just saying that doing flex funding on Indiegogo isn't a very good look and gives people certain notions.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Oh, for sure, I just hadn't looked into it when it came up earlier so I had gotten the impression that it was way more sketchy than it is, which bummed me out 'cause I don't want those soft, soft boys to be scammy, scammy boys. MBMBAM is really the only podcast I listen to regularly, so I'm not interested in the convention, but I'm glad it's at least a legit venture, if not mindblowing or even one I'm excited about.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

CaptainViolence posted:

Oh, for sure, I just hadn't looked into it when it came up earlier so I had gotten the impression that it was way more sketchy than it is, which bummed me out 'cause I don't want those soft, soft boys to be scammy, scammy boys. MBMBAM is really the only podcast I listen to regularly, so I'm not interested in the convention, but I'm glad it's at least a legit venture, if not mindblowing or even one I'm excited about.

see, we don't disagree at all

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I had just listened to the latest F-plus and that first yahoo from the live show episode hosed me up

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
The Boys did a commentary for the first ep of the seeso show, is good
https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/867488338852417536

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cD79r2Ckaw

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

AriadneThread posted:

see, we don't disagree at all

:respek:

Not to jump too far back, but is that Bachelorette clip legit? Did that seriously air? :psyduck: like, I used to work in reality TV and we always joked about doing poo poo like that, but even when we got a producer in on it, there was no way a showrunner would let that fly, especially for a series that's been around as long as that. That seriously blows my mind.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

we live in a post-reality world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So what was the story here again? I clicked one of the little ad things at the bottom and ended up at a website that's been up and largely unchanged since 1996.

El Burbo posted:

I had just listened to the latest F-plus and that first yahoo from the live show episode hosed me up

So you also got a boner?