Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

If the Democratic party wasn't so utterly corrupt and lovely, this would have never happened. Instead of blaming Russia, maybe you should blame the Democrats for being trash?

Hey, another binary!

Expand your mind and imagine a world where someone could blame BOTH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Hey, another binary!

Expand your mind and imagine a world where someone could blame BOTH!

Hm, I don't hear the CNN blaming the Democrats, but they're certainly blaming Russia

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

new phone who dis posted:

The two choices this time around were unrepentant corporate cocksucking warmonger and someone who was also that but lied about it and won. Anyone acting sanctimonious over this election needs to get the gently caress over themselves. If the Dems want to be the good guys, they have to act like it. Otherwise, they deserve 8 years of Trump.

Trump has not shown himself to be a warmonger or a corporate cocksucker so far, there's obvious wheeling and dealing that needs to happen to keep the gears of politics moving but in terms of accepting corporate "donations" Trump has nothing on Clinton. Most of the criticism of Trump has been from people that have been riled up by biased news sources to believe he is a homophobe, a racist or a sexist.

I have not seen a single piece of evidence for any of these allegations and the people slinging these allegations (the NEETs cosplaying as commie brownshirts) also sling them at scientists that wear tshirts with anime girls on them, youtubers that joke about hitler or people that wear MAGA hats like the filthy ultrahitlers they already believe them to be.

In conclusion, JAIL CLINTON, BRING BACK McD's SZECHUAN SAUCE, NUKE MECCA AND gently caress THE MODS

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

loving LOL at the MSM and Obama admin getting clowned on by noted crazy gently caress Mike Cernovich.

https://medium.com/@Cernovich/susan-rice-requested-unmasking-of-incoming-trump-administration-officials-30085b5cff16

Why does every goddamn crazy thing out of Trump's mouth end up being proven right?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

CNN now has "sources" claiming that it's false. Nobody named, of course.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Hm, I don't hear the CNN blaming the Democrats, but they're certainly blaming Russia

oh word? is CNN a poster here?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

CNN now has "sources" claiming that it's false. Nobody named, of course.

Why does every goddamn crazy thing out of Trump's mouth end up being proven right?

:lol: Your piss-daddy is a lying idiot manchild and you're still dumb enough to defend him when he constantly falls on his face.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Him being right and having his poo poo incidentally collected just means he was in contact with people who are under investigation for some illegal poo poo which is still not really a good look and I wouldn't consider it vindication

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

Him being right and having his poo poo incidentally collected just means he was in contact with people who are under investigation for some illegal poo poo which is still not really a good look and I wouldn't consider it vindication

The government can just listen on whatever, and then unmask people to get dirt on them, and then use parallel construction to justify the findings

You understand this

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The government can just listen on whatever, and then unmask people to get dirt on them, and then use parallel construction to justify the findings

You understand this

The article which alleges this uses this wording specifically

quote:

“Unmasking” is the process of identifying individuals whose communications were caught in the dragnet of intelligence gathering. While conducting investigations into terrorism and other related crimes, intelligence analysts incidentally capture conversations about parties not subject to the search warrant. The identities of individuals who are not under investigation are kept confidential, for legal and moral reasons.

What’s striking about the Times story is the spin it took. Trump had previously claimed he had been “wire tapped” (quotation marks in his original Tweet), leading to media screams that he prove it. The Times’ own reporting proves that President Trump and his associates were spied on.

The Times, rather than admit Trump had been vindicated, instead focused its attention on the question of who leaked the reports to Nunes:

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Blue Train posted:

literally everyone involved in politics in any way shape or form is throwing rocks from a glass house so who gives a poo poo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I mean if they can listen in on whatever (which they can) there's no need to justify it by tying them to someone who is being investigated to get dirt on them, they can just listen in on their poo poo to get dirt on them

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

feelix posted:

literally everyone involved in politics in any way shape or form is throwing rocks from a glass house so who gives a poo poo

I'm autistic about using proper wording

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

I mean if they can listen in on whatever (which they can) there's no need to justify it by tying them to someone who is being investigated to get dirt on them, they can just listen in on their poo poo to get dirt on them

Yah and then when they get caught and nothing illegal is there, say "oops, we accidentally were spying, not on purpose"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yah and then when they get caught and nothing illegal is there, say "oops, we accidentally were spying, not on purpose"

It's their job to spy on foreign officials, you moron.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
imagine being such a red hat fucker bootlicker of rich white men you will defend them until the death

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

It's their job to spy on foreign officials, you moron.

And then its their job to unmask Trump's associates, and then spread the information around?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Piss de Bundy posted:

imagine being such a red hat fucker bootlicker of rich white men you will defend them until the death

No, whats better is imagine being a bootlicker for the NSA and CIA

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How is it bootlicking anyone to say "the CIA and NSA monitor foreign officials all the time, Trump got swept up in that monitoring and no one targeted him specifically for political backstabbing purposes?"

We shouldn't live in a police state sure but so maybe he should as the President dismantle some of that surveillance but he isn't doing that because...

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

How is it bootlicking anyone to say "the CIA and NSA monitor foreign officials all the time, Trump got swept up in that monitoring and no one targeted him specifically for political backstabbing purposes?"

We shouldn't live in a police state sure but so maybe he should as the President dismantle some of that surveillance but he isn't doing that because...

The scandal here is even if you assume that is true, he wasn't being targeted, that they revealed the names of his associates and loving leaked and spread the information for backstabbing purposes.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The scandal here is even if you assume that is true, he wasn't being targeted, that they revealed the names of his associates and loving leaked and spread the information for backstabbing purposes.

Man, I'd stop chatting it up with my neighborhood Russian agent ASAP.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Well yeah but welcome to politics. One of the myriad of ways it isn't like running a private company - leaks happen because people are motivated by all kinds of things including personal ethics or personal ambition and have no issues with loving over someone else to do it.

Trump whining about leaks since day 1 just reveals that he doesn't understand that.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

COMRADES posted:

Well yeah but welcome to politics. One of the myriad of ways it isn't like running a private company - leaks happen because people are motivated by all kinds of things including personal ethics or personal ambition and have no issues with loving over someone else to do it.

Trump whining about leaks since day 1 just reveals that he doesn't understand how governing works.

tbf that sounds like my company

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

No, whats better is imagine being a bootlicker for the NSA and CIA

LOL you shouldn't call anyone a bootlicker with Trump's shoe polish on your face, neck and chest

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Burt Sexual posted:

Man, I'd stop chatting it up with my neighborhood Russian agent ASAP.

If there was actual collusion with Russian agents and illegal activity it would have been game over a long time ago, because obviously THEY WERE SPYING ON THEM lmao

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Wow, the point of intersection where both the wiretapping claims and the Russian collusion claims ram into one another and implode the whole narrative

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Do you understand that the wiretapping claim isn't just "we were surveilled" it was "Obama specifically ordered me wiretapped to sabotage my campaign" which is an entirely different thing?

"Oh btw we were caught up in a sweep monitoring Russian foreign agents and officials" isn't some kind of silver bullet for anything. It doesn't prove his allegation against Obama nor does it make anyone more comfortable on the whole Russia ties front.

None of these people give a hoot about the common worker anyway that much is clear. All the rest of this is just fluff. Trump can talk to every single Russian if he wants as long as he actually does something for the people but he isn't doing that, he is golfing and tweeting angrily about Fox News programs.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 4, 2017

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

COMRADES posted:

Do you understand that the wiretapping claim isn't just "we were surveilled" it was "Obama specifically ordered me wiretapped to sabotage my campaign" which is an entirely different thing?

"Oh btw we were caught up in a sweep monitoring Russian foreign agents and officials" isn't some kind of silver bullet for anything. It doesn't prove his allegation against Obama nor does it make anyone more comfortable on the whole Russia ties front.

None of these people give a hoot about the common worker anyway that much is clear.

This russian seems to be speaking the truth. AV/Username checks out!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

COMRADES posted:

None of these people give a hoot about the common worker anyway that much is clear. All the rest of this is just fluff. Trump can talk to every single Russian if he wants as long as he actually does something for the people but he isn't doing that, he is golfing and tweeting angrily about Fox News programs.

Yeah I guess it wasn't Obama it was Susan Rice who worked directly under him. At this point you're arguing that nixon didn't break into the office himself.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

"Obama specifically ordered me wiretapped to sabotage my campaign" which is an entirely different thing?

Would "Obama's administration ordered my associates to be unmasked in gathered surveillance to sabotage my campaign" work better for you

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What would work better for me is if Trump did anything meaningful to help the common American worker instead of continuing on now the third month of getting nothing at all accomplished and whining about all the reasons he can't do X Y and Z.

He's the president. At some point the narrative of "he is trying he just can't do anything because entrenched politics" doesn't hold up. Maybe that time hasn't come yet but a year from now if nothing has been done yet? Two years from now? Has he even made his appointments yet?

Seems to me like so far he has prioritized golf, tweeting, tax cuts and benefits for the rich and their companies, and...

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I wonder how many Chomsky fan boys who voted for Hillary would like to know what their hero thinks of their Russia hysteria at this moment:
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/849297950392164355

new phone who dis fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 4, 2017

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

COMRADES posted:

What would work better for me is if Trump did anything meaningful to help the common American worker instead of continuing on now the third month of getting nothing at all accomplished and whining about all the reasons he can't do X Y and Z.

He's the president. At some point the narrative of "he is trying he just can't do anything because entrenched politics" doesn't hold up. Maybe that time hasn't come yet but a year from now if nothing has been done yet? Two years from now? Has he even made his appointments yet?

Seems to me like so far he has prioritized golf, tweeting, tax cuts and benefits for the rich and their companies, and...

Getting out of the TPP will be better for the US worker than anything Hillary had planned.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hey, now, he did sign that law that lets ISP share your browsing history without your consent! That's something!

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Russia thing is completely overblown, I agree. I'd like to see it over and done with already so we can move on to actually trying to get things accomplished and hopefully the Senate/House probes are done soon.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

The Russia thing is completely overblown, I agree. I'd like to see it over and done with already so we can move on to actually trying to get things accomplished and hopefully the Senate/House probes are done soon.

I agree. And if Trump sucks and sells out everyone you have a really pissed off country with no hope and a lot of rage against the establishment

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Cernovich on 60 Minutes -

quote:

I believe in some form of universal basic income," he told CBS’s Scott Pelley, citing concerns about technological unemployment. "I’m pro-single-payer health care. Is that right-wing or is that left-wing anymore? Well, if you have a lot of people, a large swath of the company, or country, are suffering, then I think that we owe it to all Americans to do right by them and to help them out."

Party lines are being redrawn my friends, we all want the same things

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I support that.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Hey aren't we forgetting about something?

*extremely 1950s radio voice* "the COMMIES!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
Cmon Trump haters, get your poo poo together. Trump slew the Koch brothers and the entire GOP, then took down all the democrats who pulled out every single lying, cheating trick there is to try to stop him. Against all odds he somehow slipped in. If you're just going to yell about how bad he is and how he should be impeached, at the very least try to set up a good replacement in 4 years, use Trump winning as leverage to the existing powers that be that it could happen again.

Don't rage about how terrible Trump is until you get something better to swoop into the power vacuum once he's gone.

• Locked thread