Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I used to make fun of people for watching that sort of youtube but then I found myself agreeing with Matt Christman getting drunk on periscope so now I cant throw stones. Aesthetically anyway, ideologically they're obviously unmitigated garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

lol at not using the dark theme background idiots

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Dmitri-9 posted:

If you shut the rabbit hole by blocking channels it starts recommending videos you have already watched.

Not that I don’t believe you but this has literally never happened to me, and I’ve blocked any remotely political channel from my poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This is the best food related youtube I've seen he doesn't hesitate at all at eating them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsjFEuOUZcg

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I don't knoiw why

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Epic High Five posted:

eh, could be worse

haven't watched a gun video in awhile but those suckers are persistent.

i get way more Doug demuro car video recommendations than I do guns weirdly enough and I've never seen a demuro video and im way more likely to watch stuff about guns than I am about cars because window shopping a $200-$1000 purchase is a lot more likely than buying another car

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
People will put up with a lot of dumb stuff to get that RW outrage brain chemistry hit.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I get a mostly just gaming vids, comics and warhammer related stuff. The closest I'll get to chuds is getting Arch Warhammer recommended to me, or stuff about crypitds and anicent Aliens.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Eh, not bad.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

joylessdivision posted:

very disappointed that the enemies of Christ getting dabbed on was just flinging water.
:emptyquote:

tao of lmao posted:

Not that I don’t believe you but this has literally never happened to me, and I’ve blocked any remotely political channel from my poo poo.

it happens when the algorithm runs out of poo poo to recommend you I think. I pretty aggressively tell YouTube not to recommend poo poo from specific channels when they pop up or just “I don’t like this rec” a video if something lovely pops up from a re-uploader. I get a decent amount of recommendations that are filled with new/unique stuff but you can definitely tell when it hits a dry spell because it’ll start recommending stuff like LPs I watched 2-5 years ago. And any time I get on a new channel or topic, my feed gets absolutely flooded with even vaguely related poo poo.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
https://twitter.com/kohls/status/1138104307914596352?s=21

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I'm disappointed there aren't more dogs in my recommends tbh.

ETA: "The special friendship between a neighbor ...." is a pro click btw

pookel has issued a correction as of 21:48 on Jun 10, 2019

larper
Apr 9, 2019

Jose posted:

post your youtube recs. i think watching the cyberpunk 2077 trailer is how i got those gaming ones

haven't watched anything chernobyl related but the rest are fine by me. They have seriously improved the algorithm in the past few weeks as far as clickbait verified garbage goes

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

if not for the armband and other nazi poo poo i guarantee every one of her fellow travelers would have been slinging homophobic slurs at that lady not looking like a tradwife

that poo poo is as much for her protection from her buddies as it is about identifying as a nazi

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
she went to a punk show and wound up on the wrong side of the green room

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Gun videos kick rear end because it's some guy explaining how for fifty bucks you can make a 10/22 way better and then you realize ten minutes in he's talking around murdering Undesirables

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Jose posted:

post your youtube recs. i think watching the cyberpunk 2077 trailer is how i got those gaming ones

dunno why there's no food wishes here, there's usually like three or four food wishes vids in the sidebar of every video

note that i have had to block like fifty channels because mtg players are monsters

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hahah crowder just posted an "im not sorry" video where he's smoking a cigar.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I had a dream last night that my friend kept playing Milo and Crowder do that I had to hear it and I beat the poo poo out of him until he stopped

It was weird

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

a.lo posted:

I don't knoiw why

king hippo is real

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

thats a very :discourse: ratio

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Jose posted:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:thunk:

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Gun videos kick rear end because it's some guy explaining how for fifty bucks you can make a 10/22 way better and then you realize ten minutes in he's talking around murdering Undesirables

maybe try forgotten weapons or c&rsenal, as a bonus you'll confuse the algorythms by watching non-fascist gun stuff and it'll just keep putting bortgotten weapons vids into your recs and nothing else about guns ever

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

there's a few non-fashy and even one or two leftist gun channels, but really the best case scenario you're lookin at is someone who just sticks to guns

I haven't seen any of the really bad ones pop up here except in my own, Iraqivet8888, who I think I've seen one video of but 1) 8888 lol and 2) see him wearing INGO hats and that place is a hotbed of chuds

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Jose posted:

:psyduck:

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

i think we can psychoanalyze this

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
motherfucking yogurt amirite

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Epic High Five posted:

there's a few non-fashy and even one or two leftist gun channels, but really the best case scenario you're lookin at is someone who just sticks to guns

I haven't seen any of the really bad ones pop up here except in my own, Iraqivet8888, who I think I've seen one video of but 1) 8888 lol and 2) see him wearing INGO hats and that place is a hotbed of chuds

I have found Forgotton Weapons to be harmless and enjoyable, and wish to learn nothing bad about Ian.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I have found Forgotton Weapons to be harmless and enjoyable, and wish to learn nothing bad about Ian.

Ian is the most thoroughly vetted of the "probably actually good" pile, seems to just really love weird old guns to the literal exclusion of everything else

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Epic High Five posted:

Ian is the most thoroughly vetted of the "probably actually good" pile, seems to just really love weird old guns to the literal exclusion of everything else

That's a relief.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I get taofledermaus recs which is great because the fat oval office on that channel pretended he was shooting antifa at least once

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Epic High Five posted:

That isn't terribly surprising though, since Youtube will practically send an award to CopLoverCommieKiller1488 but an anti fascist gun channel would have the host reported to the cops then dead in the ground before you can say "warrant"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Captain_Maclaine posted:

That's a relief.

As ever though, being a leftist and following gun culture is just an endless wait for the other shoe to drop and you find out Prominent Gun Personality is also AryanPowerman1488 on discord leaks where he talks about bashing antifa

or like how Palmetto State every couple months releases a custom lower with a legit no-poo poo right wing terrorist logo on it

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Jose posted:

Why would you ever watch anything even tangentially related to gaming or politics and not be in an incognito window? Also, dark theme supremacy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

my recs are all lefty poo poo and one elden ring video.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

My rec page was actually completely empty. I guess I dont watch enough youtube.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
"as you can see from this Elden Ring teaser the blacksmith has a strong resemblance to Andre who represents labor whereas the witch is a younger version of the Hemwick Charnel Lane boss, she is of course capital. Also jury is out on whether the Sen coins of Sekiro are the same Sen's Fortress of Dark Soul's Lordran, however we can safely assume that it's 50% redistribution of wealth upon death is an endorsement of Marxist

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think a goon mentioned he went to school with Ian and played D&D with him.

He's like LGR, he's way to into his weird old stuff to get sucked into chudom.

I did watch a D&D vid about Mindflayers and now om getting tons of recommendations for other D&D stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Good E3 post

https://twitter.com/DumbCerb/status/1137895047972700160?s=19