Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

STAC Goat posted:

Media: How come Trump seems to be able to get angry and indignant about everyone from Mitch McConnel to CNN to Muslims to Democrats to Mika Brezinski to the Twilight films but can't work up some emotion about Nazis, white supremicists, and a terrorist act on American soil?

Trump: Gets angry about the media pointing out that he's not angry about the Nazis.

Gonna need to see this in a 2 image collage and giant Impact font for it to count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AthertonKD/status/897216741054464000

Kale
May 14, 2010

Like seriously I'm sure the nation is totally interested in hearing about Trumps beef with Jim Acosta over literally anything else that actually matters. Jesus all gently caress man...the guys sense of timing. I'm stating to see how this guy managed to have so many bankrupties and lawsuits and guess what the next actual big policy issue that matters is about

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
The sad thing is he probably thinks this is a clever way to get the heat off him. It doesn't actually matter whether I condemn Charlottesville or not because the media is going to hate me no matter what I say!

Please, Trump. Please keep talking about it. I can't handle this much winning.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Nice.

But I thought they were planning to do it in a public space somewhere the university couldn't prevent them doing it anyway. In response to the last time that rear end in a top hat invited the other rear end in a top hat, the university revised its rules on who could reserve use of school facilities, requiring an officially sanctioned university organization or a faculty sponsor, which they don't have.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
White nationalists: from many sides
Media: Truly bad people

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

ReidRansom posted:

Nice.

But I thought they were planning to do it in a public space somewhere the university couldn't prevent them doing it anyway. In response to the last time that rear end in a top hat invited the other rear end in a top hat, the university revised its rules on who could reserve use of school facilities, requiring an officially sanctioned university organization or a faculty sponsor, which they don't have.

Maybe they are just gearing up for if the gathering touches school grounds at all they can have police remove them or something.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

The sad thing is he probably thinks this is a clever way to get the heat off him. It doesn't actually matter whether I condemn Charlottesville or not because the media is going to hate me no matter what I say!

You can tell part of it is he's mad he was forced to make that statement at all

Kale
May 14, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

This whole statement is the definition of :qq: .

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Lemming posted:

You can tell part all of it is he's mad he was forced to make that statement at all

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

It sure took a lot of bravery to condemn a terrorist attack. :rolleyes:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

The "Woah" is for "Why the gently caress did they have a scheduled white nationalist event scheduled for 9/11?", right?

They didn't. A local neo-nazi did. And my understanding was the university denied use of its facilities anyway.

Nazzadan posted:

Maybe they are just gearing up for if the gathering touches school grounds at all they can have police remove them or something.

Could be something like this. Like, it's a public university, and so it's public property and they can't be prevented using outdoor spaces normally, but maybe they're able to block it on safety concerns.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Human Tornada posted:

When Obama was president every time something like this happened my racist coworkers would blame Obama for setting race relations back 50 years, but now that Trump is in charge they're placing the blame squarely on him. Just kidding, they're saying that the statues are part of history and should stay up and who even knows who attacked who anyways?

Tell them that Heather Heyer was killed by James Fields. That his mother confirmed that he was heading to an alt-right rally that day that he ran down the woman. That he had means on his Facebook about running down protesters, supporting Donald Trump, and Nazi related memes. That he was pictured at the rally holding a flag of the Nazi party. Mention that the event organizers, David Duke Richard Spencer and Jason Something, all were supporters of Donald Trump and said on camera that this rally was to fullfill Donald Trump's policies. So, Heather Heyer was killed by a radicalized white supremacist terrorists who supported Donald Trump and felt emboldened by him to attack an innocent American and kill her and that all of this is hard fact. And that afterwards he did not condemn the white supremacists and blamed the ones who were killed for being there indirectly by saying both sides are bad and only changed his stance after 3 days of being insulted for it.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

ReidRansom posted:

Nice.

Universities can also get away with it by bringing up the fact that its a huge security risk for students so no you cant speak.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Why do you guys need VPNs what are you hiding?

Also reminder China has banned* VPNs.

*as in app store VPNs apps.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Human Tornada posted:

When Obama was president every time something like this happened my racist coworkers would blame Obama for setting race relations back 50 years, but now that Trump is in charge they're placing the blame squarely on him. Just kidding, they're saying that the statues are part of history and should stay up and who even knows who attacked who anyways?

And as they keep getting reported to be disappearing tell them "What Statues? Who even knows if there ever was a statue of Robert E Lee?!"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Incredible, though not surprising, that a Nazi can murder a woman and injure a dozen other people on American soil and the President's respond is entirely centered around his own delicate fee fees.

Kale
May 14, 2010

the black husserl posted:

Keep digging. Keep showing your true colors. I wanna see how low that approval rating can go.

The trump disapproval gator could have a very pronounced underbite by September

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
I just finished "The Battle Cry of Freedom" and am more pumped than ever to see that poo poo get torn down. The Civil War definitely could have gone better but It's kind of a small miracle that it shook out the way it did particularly with the antebellum south being destroyed and unconditional emancipation (and arguably the concept of a single nation instead of a union of nations taking hold). Those could have gone other ways, but we really badly fumbled reconstruction and basically the ~90 years that followed Appomattox.

Those loving monuments did not help and Sherman's attitude while touring SC was basically the galactic brain moment of that era.

Bhaal fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 14, 2017

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stephen Miller is Jewish? :psyduck: the gently caress

Miller is the kind of person who would rebel against his liberal Jewish family by becoming the exact opposite, and that is why he is a Jewish alt-right shithead.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This is the thing about Trump. Any competent racist President would just make a proper statement and throw Gorka to the wolves and get past this in a week. But Trump is a crazy narcissist so he's going to keep making this about how the media is so unfair for saying he should say or do something meaningful about Nazis.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pellisworth posted:

ugh you made such a big deal about me condemning Nazis and when I finally do it, you don't love me for it???

but he took time out of his special 17day Golf Holiday that he'd been planning for son long.

No spending time with his 11 year old dumbass son who can't distinguish his father from a ball of papier-mache btw. Much more important to spend quality time with a set of golf clubs

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Cheers to those who gave VPN advice, I'll try out Trust.Zone, despite it's sketchy name. "You can trust me, really!"

I equate using a VPN to having blinds on second story windows, it's unlikely anyone is looking, but it's none of their business anyways.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

STAC Goat posted:

This is the thing about Trump. Any competent racist President would just make a proper statement and throw Gorka to the wolves and get past this in a week. But Trump is a crazy narcissist so he's going to keep making this about how the media is so unfair for saying he should say or do something meaningful about Nazis.

Trump is too insecure and thin-skinned for that.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

ReidRansom posted:

Nice.

They can't deny use of the space for political reasons, but they can for safety reasons, which is exactly what they did.

Preston the Pedophile is already threatening to sue, and even if he loses they'll definitely be there regardless.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

PhazonLink posted:

Why do you guys need VPNs what are you hiding?

Also reminder China has banned* VPNs.

*as in app store VPNs apps.

My buddy in Shanghai uses VPNs exclusively, but any time he mentions political stuff his connection goes to poo poo for a while, so WRT to VPN anonymity I say : :thunk:

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
https://twitter.com/notdan/status/897094686506074113

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Cheers to those who gave VPN advice, I'll try out Trust.Zone, despite it's sketchy name. "You can trust me, really!"

I equate using a VPN to having blinds on second story windows, it's unlikely anyone is looking, but it's none of their business anyways.

You should also read.

thatoneprivacysite.net
privacytools.io

Also one of the major torrent news sites also has a yearly VPN review of what they think is the best.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Pretty sure that's part of the transferral process, you have to drop the privacy protection because it has to revert back to your ownership.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Literally took less time for him to condemn the press than actual nazis.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/adamtvaccaro/status/897229847075971072

Happened like 20 mins ago. If you don't know what it is, it's a giant walkway of glass with all the names of holocaust victims on it. Already in custody. Rock was thrown.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Oh, THAT actual literal Nazi. (:gonk:)

You're right, nobody knows what he does.

From the way he likes to dress, my guess is sexually role play being a real life Hugo Drax, gassing everyone on the planet from his space station except his "chosen few."

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Telsa Cola posted:

Universities can also get away with it by bringing up the fact that its a huge security risk for students so no you cant speak.

Hearing from folks I'm close to still at aTm (I'm from Texas, have family who teach there, friends who went) that idiots being idiots, they started talking about bringing (and, knowing them, using) guns and such and so it is being shut on safety grounds.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

hey maybe some history is bad and we shouldn't honor it

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

:smugdon:I said the words. What do they want from me, like to actually mean them? PFFFFFF SAD.

e- I have a theory that anger is the only emotion that this man is able to feel.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 15, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Because of course it's a guy from Ohio.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Covok posted:

Tell them that Heather Heyer was killed by James Fields. That his mother confirmed that he was heading to an alt-right rally that day that he ran down the woman. That he had means on his Facebook about running down protesters, supporting Donald Trump, and Nazi related memes. That he was pictured at the rally holding a flag of the Nazi party. Mention that the event organizers, David Duke Richard Spencer and Jason Something, all were supporters of Donald Trump and said on camera that this rally was to fullfill Donald Trump's policies. So, Heather Heyer was killed by a radicalized white supremacist terrorists who supported Donald Trump and felt emboldened by him to attack an innocent American and kill her and that all of this is hard fact. And that afterwards he did not condemn the white supremacists and blamed the ones who were killed for being there indirectly by saying both sides are bad and only changed his stance after 3 days of being insulted for it.

He didn't even really condemn them. His speech was just, "The economy is great thanks to me. Also racism is bad. PS CNN is fake news. Trump out"

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Tim Whatley posted:

https://twitter.com/adamtvaccaro/status/897229847075971072

Happened like 20 mins ago. If you don't know what it is, it's a giant walkway of glass with all the names of holocaust victims on it. Already in custody. Rock was thrown.

It's made of glass? Is that like an intentional honeypot for vandals or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It's made of glass? Is that like an intentional honeypot for vandals or something?

It's assuming people aren't pieces of poo poo and trash holocaust memorials.

Which I imagine wasn't that much of a stretch when it was made.

• Locked thread