Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Cantorsdust posted:

I found this for the level cap. Is it still up to date? Trying it now.

Edit: It seems to work. I used "reward xp" to move from 49 to 50, after which I could take the appropriate level 50 perk, then I went back to 49. Strangely, though, after my karma was reset to neutral and I leveled up again, I couldn't take the neutral level 50 perk, "Just Lucky I'm Alive." Oh well.

Edit2: The second time I loaded up the game, however, moving from 49 to 50 did not let me take a level 50 perk. This was fixed by adding "SetGameSetting iMaxCharacterLevel 51" in the console so it bounces from 51 to 50 instead of 50 to 49. Problem solved, and now I have both the good karma lvl 50 perk and the neutral one!

Seems kind of clunky. Does it require the player to use console commands to work properly?

Alright folks, here's the ported version of Max level Workaround.

Basically, when you hit your maximum level, it runs a script to reset your level to whatever it was before. It let's you pick perks and skills as if you were the maximum level (so, for instance, you can get the level 50 perks even though you're still level 49). Upon exiting the level up screen, your level and XP is reset, so you can work your way back to your maximum level. I've included all versions in the archive (30, 35, 40, 45, and 50). Make sure you use the file that has your level cap.

This version does not add HP to your character; I'll upload that version later if anyone wants it.

I can't really test any of them but the level 50 version, so if I hosed the others up, let me know.

It also adds "Real Level" tokens to your inventory so you can see what your real level is. It all works in the background; you'll never know it's happening.

I used this for Fallout 3 and it was an incredibly elegant solution at the time, since you couldn't have evil karma and go beyond level 30 (it crashed the game).

Edit: Not sure how this would be affected by Logan's Loophole; gonna check it out.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

VisAbsoluta posted:

Does Arenovalis' WRP works normally even after GRA was released?

You may have to reinstall WRP, but yes they work together.

TerryLennox posted:

edit2: After revalidating the cache files, the game now starts again but I'm not loading via NVSE or 4GB. Can someone tell me step by step how to get NVSE and 4GB working together like a happy family?

Install FOMM and NVSE.

1. Start up FOMM
2. Select "Settings"
3. Click on "Fallout: New Vegas" tab
4. In the "Custom Launch Command", direct FOMM to use the FNV4GB.exe instead. It should end up looking like:

"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\FNV4GB.exe"

The details of those directories may change depending on the location of your install.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Okay, I've updated Signature Weapons and Armor with the ability to keep half the levels you previously gained when you disown and adopt a new weapon/armor.

Also revised the 'bottomless' ability on weapons - I originally limited it to in-combat only to avoid getting back some of your ammo if you should happen to sell it while wielding the weapon. I achieve a similar effect now by making the return only happen if 10 or less ammo is missing between frames, that being the highest amount I know to be consumed in a single shot.

And yes, this does mean that you can potentially get free ammo by dropping 8 or so of it at your feet and then picking it up again. So don't do that. :mad:

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 4, 2011

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Helping goodness.

Who is the man? You are the man!

It works now, I just need to figure which mod makes it crash when its enabled, I suspected some of Imps mods like Powered Power Armor, Ambient Temperature amongst others but disabling them won't help. Here's my load order as offered.

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
IWS-Core.esm
Ambient Temperature.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
Inventory Access.esm
NSkies URWLified.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
Lings.esm
WME - DLCs.esm
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
UHNV.esp
UHNV-Dead Money.esp
UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
UHNV-More Mannequins.esp
UHNV-Brighter Lighting.esp
Existence2.0.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - DM.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH.esp
Improved Sound FX - LR Sharing Fix.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-AS-NoInteriorSpawns.esp
christinecos.esp
Brotherhood Armor.esp
EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp
Fade That Faction Armor.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
MaxFollowers12.esp
NVDLC02 Extensions.esp
Delay DLC - DM + HH + OWB + LR.esp
Faster Runing.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp
Ambient Temperature - URWLified Nevada Skies.esp
Powered Power Armor.esp
Ambient Temperature - PPA.esp
Jump Fall Fixer.esp
Night Brightness Adjuster.esp
WME - DLCs Arenovalis.esp
LingsPrettyThings.esp
Improved Sound FX - WME - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - WME - HH Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - WME - OWB Sharing Fix.esp
QDMFollowers.esp
QHHFollowers.esp
OWB Valence Mask.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
Sink Vending Machine.esp

Total active plugins: 70
Total plugins: 70

I have installed the mods as instructed in the readmes to my best knowledge but I'm probably doing something moronic.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

TerryLennox posted:

Who is the man? You are the man!

It works now, I just need to figure which mod makes it crash when its enabled, I suspected some of Imps mods like Powered Power Armor, Ambient Temperature amongst others but disabling them won't help. Here's my load order as offered.

I have installed the mods as instructed in the readmes to my best knowledge but I'm probably doing something moronic.

Won't help with stability, but you should only use OWB Valence Mask.esp OR OWB Valence Extra.esp, since they essentially do that same thing (one allows you to wear more with the Valence than the other.)

Is your game CTD-ing on start up? If so, that's indicative of an orphaned .esp file or a bad .esm. I'm not personally familiar with all of your mods, but a fast way to narrow down the culprit is to disable half of your load order, start it up, and see if the problem persists. If it does, disable half of the remaining mods and do it again. Repeat until you can find the bad plugin.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Strudel Man posted:

Okay, I've updated Signature Weapons and Armor with the ability to keep half the levels you previously gained when you disown and adopt a new weapon/armor.

Also revised the 'bottomless' ability on weapons - I originally limited it to in-combat only to avoid getting back some of your ammo if you should happen to sell it while wielding the weapon. I achieve a similar effect now by making the return only happen if 10 or less ammo is missing between frames, that being the highest amount I know to be consumed in a single shot.

And yes, this does mean that you can potentially get free ammo by dropping 8 or so of it at your feet and then picking it up again. So don't do that. :mad:

Downloaded and endorsed!

Does it work with whatever ammo? I mean like... hand loads or mini nukes or whatever? Bottomless I mean.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Kharmakazy posted:

Downloaded and endorsed!

Does it work with whatever ammo? I mean like... hand loads or mini nukes or whatever? Bottomless I mean.
Sure, yeah. Whatever.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

So the new gunrunners stuff is nice, but I think I'd like more weapons. Anyone have any recommendations for a mod that adds more weapons?

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Smol posted:

Thank you for your answer. Anyhow, it seems like the night brightness adjuster of Nevada Skies also works with Project Reality. It doesn't make them quite as bright as in Nevada Skies 0.7.x (which seems to have the perfect brightness for me), but it helps a lot. It might even make Project Reality playable for me, but I still need to do some testing.

E: Hahaha, apparently Project Reality has nowadays options to 1) change the main menu music 2) make nighttime more challenging (more enemies?) 3) add an element of surprise to the wasteland (whatever that means). Mod bloat at its finest. :colbert:

The surprise thing is something I think the author called 'Echoes of the Past'. As far as I can tell, this means strange and annoying sounds and music in certain locations. The two that I can think of offhand are the sounds of roller coaster riders on the balcony in Primm along with some goofy poorly-looping speak easy piano music (which also played in Boulder City for some reason) and then the sounds of a train when I got near the tracks SE of Vegas. I'm not sure what it is about making a mod that causes someone's brain to swell, but it seems to be prevalent.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bash Ironfist posted:

So the new gunrunners stuff is nice, but I think I'd like more weapons. Anyone have any recommendations for a mod that adds more weapons?

There's a little mod called The Armory made by some cuties on this very forum.

https://samods.org/news/2011/the_armory_v20_official_release

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Bash Ironfist posted:

1. The Armory 2.5
2. and 3. Project Nevada's "Equipment" Module OR Fallout 3 Weapons Restoration (they mostly do the same thing.)
4. AG Supplementary Uniques
5. Classic Fallout Weapons

All of them are linked in the OP.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Smol posted:

Thank you for your answer. Anyhow, it seems like the night brightness adjuster of Nevada Skies also works with Project Reality. It doesn't make them quite as bright as in Nevada Skies 0.7.x (which seems to have the perfect brightness for me), but it helps a lot. It might even make Project Reality playable for me, but I still need to do some testing.

E: Hahaha, apparently Project Reality has nowadays options to 1) change the main menu music 2) make nighttime more challenging (more enemies?) 3) add an element of surprise to the wasteland (whatever that means). Mod bloat at its finest. :colbert:

In FO3 one of the overhauls, FOOK or MMM or a combination of them added these enormous loving swarms of multicolored ghouls with glowing eyes that came out at night. With darker nights when they crossed paths with the pilgrim caravans (which always had a few mercenaries) it was a glorious sight. Glowing eyes, tracer rounds, terrified shrieks, it was the best :swoon:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

NeurosisHead posted:

In FO3 one of the overhauls, FOOK or MMM or a combination of them added these enormous loving swarms of multicolored ghouls with glowing eyes that came out at night. With darker nights when they crossed paths with the pilgrim caravans (which always had a few mercenaries) it was a glorious sight. Glowing eyes, tracer rounds, terrified shrieks, it was the best :swoon:

MMM - Night Ghouls. You could eat their eyes and get a perception boost (or sell them; they were fairly valuable for how little they weighed.) It made wandering around at night pretty difficult at lower levels, because they were ridiculously fast and always traveled in packs. I liked their day-glo raver colors, though.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I couldn't withstand and made a recolor of the chinese jump suit, this is also
"babbys first texture work" in my case

Modding ends up being more fun than playing. :v:

\/@Strudel\/ I'm so going to use signature armor with this.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Oct 4, 2011

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Strudel Man posted:

So, uh...does that mean it's working?

It does. I was trying it out, quitting and fiddling around, trying again etc when of course my 'trials' were useless for not being in combat.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

It does. I was trying it out, quitting and fiddling around, trying again etc when of course my 'trials' were useless for not being in combat.
Yay!

Also, the latest version permits that to work even outside of combat. :shobon:

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

I could _probably_ make an .esp for it. I've done it before for weapons.

E:

Ok, I think it'll be a hell of a lot easier if I just threw _all_ of this poo poo up:

http://capnbeeb.com/SA/Screenshots/Games/Vegas/satchel%20mod/

Disregard the satchel bit (although the cool satchel bag from alexscorpion is up there), and download all of those zips and install as you normally would. I'll throw my edited mesh up there, and the .esp should take over. If not, I'll make a custom .esp just for it.
OK, I've installed everything, but all I can find in-game is the Geonox female riot armor. It's literally that exact same armor with no changes, and found in the same spot in-game that mod uses. What am I doing wrong?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Bash Ironfist posted:

AG's Supplementary Uniques loving owns.

Horns posted:

OK, I've installed everything, but all I can find in-game is the Geonox female riot armor. It's literally that exact same armor with no changes, and found in the same spot in-game that mod uses. What am I doing wrong?

You need to add the outfit with the console. I don't remember where Desert Scorpion gear spawns, want to think Gun Runners. You want NVBS 04. Put this mesh in /meshes/armor/desertscorpion/

Beeb fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Oct 4, 2011

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

TerryLennox posted:

I know the exact problem. It's the Improved Weapon Sounds WME files. The new version of WME has an "All in one" esp for the DLC (WME - DLCs), but the weapon sharing sounds for the DLC still refers to the individual files which don't exist anymore.

Disable these two:

"Improved Sound FX - WME - HH Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - WME - OWB Sharing Fix.esp"

And see if it still crashes.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

You need to add the outfit with the console. I don't remember where Desert Scorpion gear spawns, want to think Gun Runners. You want NVBS 04. Put this mesh in /meshes/armor/desertscorpion/
Weird, the GECK doesn't show an NVBS 04. There's an "ArmorNVBS01" to 03, but no 04. :\

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Strudel Man posted:

Quick suggestion for the carry over experience, when it's a similar weapon (So say going from one kind of pistol to another) you'd retain more experience but if it's a different kind of weapon you'd retain less experience. Maybe something like 60% from pistol to pistol, 50% to rifle, 40% to energy weapon or "big" gun?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

1. The Armory 2.5
2. and 3. Project Nevada's "Equipment" Module OR Fallout 3 Weapons Restoration (they mostly do the same thing.)
4. AG Supplementary Uniques
5. Classic Fallout Weapons

All of them are linked in the OP.

2.5 isn't out yet, but 'soon', we hope.

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
Does anyone know of a mod that lets you bind a whole load of drugs to one key? I'd kinda like to use more combat and social drugs but having to open the inventory every drat time or give up weapon key binds is a bit grating.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Is there a mod that makes terminal hacking less annoying? I have a pretty high science skill, but hacking is annoying as hell to me.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
AG Supplementary uniques does indeed own. All the weapons are really, really well done in almost all aspects. They're pretty well balanced, fun to use, and for the most part they look really well done. Quite a few of them look like the kind of thing that people would actually cobble together.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Capn Beeb posted:

I found the armor next to the Goodspring General Store. it's hard to see since it blends with the terrain, but it's over by the dumpster on the left hand side of the entrance.

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38623

As though our voices of dissent somehow mystically reached the ears of the author through the aether, he has FINALLY updated IWS after months of inactivity. He boasts that the CTDs of old are now fixed.

And what's this? MCM support? Could it be that we might finally have more control over this wily beast?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Could anyone point me in the direction of a mod that changes hardcore mode to not add weight to ammo? I'm interested in trying the mode but can't be bothered with the extra headache of going through all the ammo-types all the time.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Is there any mod that makes distance gunsounds actually sound like... distance gunsounds instead of a microwave popping popcorn?

Also is Monster Mod anything like MMM?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Brace posted:

Is there any mod that makes distance gunsounds actually sound like... distance gunsounds instead of a microwave popping popcorn?

CRL9000 is pretty solid. Especially when you hear someone open up with an SMG or automatic in the distance, you really, really want to find them right now cause it sounds pretty terrifying :v:

Horns posted:

Weird, the GECK doesn't show an NVBS 04. There's an "ArmorNVBS01" to 03, but no 04. :\

Hmm, odd. You could use the GECK to point the available armors to use the mesh I uploaded, might work :science:

Rirse posted:

I found the armor next to the Goodspring General Store. it's hard to see since it blends with the terrain, but it's over by the dumpster on the left hand side of the entrance.

Yeah, I've got a box behind the Prospector Saloon, by a wagon. Although I'm pretty sure that was something Naky added when folks were having issues with the gear not being in the Gun Runner inventory.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Horns posted:

I know a goon linked a downloadable ESP that placed all of the Desert Scorpion armors in a crate behind the Saloon in Goodsprings. I'm pretty sure it was Naky but I could be wrong.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Rather Dashing posted:

Could anyone point me in the direction of a mod that changes hardcore mode to not add weight to ammo? I'm interested in trying the mode but can't be bothered with the extra headache of going through all the ammo-types all the time.

Seeing as this doesn't seem to exist, how difficult would it be to create it in the GECK? Bear in mind the last time I touched an editing suite was Dromed for Thief 2 so I'm not exactly in the loop.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Bash Ironfist posted:

Is there a mod that makes terminal hacking less annoying? I have a pretty high science skill, but hacking is annoying as hell to me.

Here: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34829

I only use the Easy Hacking .ESP and I can't play the game without it anymore.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Rather Dashing posted:

Seeing as this doesn't seem to exist, how difficult would it be to create it in the GECK? Bear in mind the last time I touched an editing suite was Dromed for Thief 2 so I'm not exactly in the loop.

It's really easy.
What you basically do is find all the entries for ammo (it's just a single list that has all the ammo types in the game listed) and edit a single value in each entry (the value for "Weight", which determines the weight of a single bullet of a given type of ammo -- set it to 0.0).

EDIT: Heck, there's probably an easier way to do it with a script that just modifies the weight of any ammo item you carry but I wouldn't know how to do that and the way I described is the most straightforward way I guess :I

Burning Mustache fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 4, 2011

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Can anyone point me to a mod that'll remove the pipboy from my character's arm? I downloaded a couple from the nexus, but they don't seem to work.

alien8
Jul 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

Alasyre posted:

Alright folks, here's the ported version of Max level Workaround.

Basically, when you hit your maximum level, it runs a script to reset your level to whatever it was before. It let's you pick perks and skills as if you were the maximum level (so, for instance, you can get the level 50 perks even though you're still level 49). Upon exiting the level up screen, your level and XP is reset, so you can work your way back to your maximum level. I've included all versions in the archive (30, 35, 40, 45, and 50). Make sure you use the file that has your level cap.

This version does not add HP to your character; I'll upload that version later if anyone wants it.

I can't really test any of them but the level 50 version, so if I hosed the others up, let me know.

It also adds "Real Level" tokens to your inventory so you can see what your real level is. It all works in the background; you'll never know it's happening.

I used this for Fallout 3 and it was an incredibly elegant solution at the time, since you couldn't have evil karma and go beyond level 30 (it crashed the game).

Thanks! Now it's time to push for level 50 and up.

turgon
Aug 18, 2003

I think I'm lost

Doctor Schnabel posted:

Can anyone point me to a mod that'll remove the pipboy from my character's arm? I downloaded a couple from the nexus, but they don't seem to work.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35557 - PipboyRemover107

Does this one not work for you cause that's what I'm using and it works fine. It does have a few bugs that are really annoying though. Your light wont turn on or off until you open and close the pipboy sometimes. Sometimes the pipboy will not show on your arm and you have to open and close it. If you have your light on and bring up your pipboy it turns off when you close it and you have to turn it back on. I'm constantly changing my mind on whether to uninstall it or not.

edit: I thought I had a different version than the one posted on the Nexus but I was wrong.

Heres what it looks like. The clipping you see on the arm is not because of the remover, I assume its the additional weapon stances plus the downloaded armor. also using this to show off the AccuracyInternational sniper rifle thats in The Armory. That thing is so awesome. It's about as strong as the Anti Material Rifle but it's semi auto :smug:

turgon fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 4, 2011

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
gently caress, using signature weapons' precision on shotguns is pretty game breaking and awesome. Using a lever-action shotgun now at level 14, doing honest hearts, and I can just snipe the gently caress out of everything with all levels of precision I got. Combined with the shotgun perks I really demolish everything easily from every range.

Also clad in a stylish bounty hunter armor that makes me move like the wind.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Doctor Schnabel posted:

I'm on my phone so I can't conveniently link it, but Pipboy Readius owns bones.

E: brackets on literally the last page of alt characters :negative:

NeurosisHead fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Anyone have any suggestions for improving your characters hands while in first person mode? I've tried some body replacers but in first person the hands still look low resolution.

The hands on Arenovalis's characters in his screenshots look a lot better than anything I've been able to find.