Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Black licorice is the grossest thing i have ever eaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

BottleKnight posted:

Black licorice is the grossest thing i have ever eaten.
I assume your diet consists of black licorice, nectar, and ambrosia then, and truly I envy you

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I love black jelly beans and black licorice. I don't hate red licorice but I do find it incredibly boring, especially compared to its superior black brethren.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Licorice in general is the Devil's food, and a snack of last resort.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You are all disgusting monsters!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Buttered popcorn Jelly Bellys are delicious.

You know what candy sucks? Dots. gently caress Dots.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Oh Jeez. I hope that wasn't important, Runaktla.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
What's that? You want a soft candy? Here, try a dot!

*bites down*

HAHA JUST KIDDING THEYRE ACTUALLY KINDA HARD AND GET STUCK IN YOUR TEETH AND TASTE LIKE PLASTIC!!!!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Asiina, you should try to find Flav-or-ice or Pop Ice. There is no stick and not that much sugar. I actually used to eat them when I felt sick to my stomach after the surgery and it always made me feel better. I'm not sure why but it worked for me.

Both brands are the kind of popsicle that comes as a liquid in a plastic tube and then you have to freeze it first. I think they have sugar free versions but they aren't nearly as good.

I have the crush freezies that only have 3g of the sugar. They're pretty small, but they're good.

I have these big ones that are made from applesauce (and various flavoured applesauce) and they are sugar free, but I find them almost too tangy and don't really satisfy my sugar cravings.

Although really finding sweet sugar free/low sugar things is super easy. Quest bars are fantastic protein bars that only have 2-3g of sugar per bar depending on flavour, and if you cut them up and put them in the oven for 3 minutes, they become cookies, which is awesome. They still have the protein-y aftertaste, but I don't mind that so much anymore.

Plus I have to get in as much protein as I can so I can stop my hair from falling out.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

Oh Jeez. I hope that wasn't important, Runaktla.

:allears:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Morning Mafia Thread.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
More like Afternoon Mafia Thread.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

The fantasy football league draft is tonight.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Still faster than diqnol :smug:

I'm sorry, you posted?

Also yes, in approx 2 hours WE WILL BE DRAFTING FANTASY FOOTBALL and I will solidify my crown that I have faithfully carried since the stabilization of Arrakis.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey not to Drag Drama out of my game and into the Discussion Thread but after a pretty egregious incident of unrepentant cheating in my game I advise mods to avoid having Lumpen in their games if they can help it.

see about halfway down this post for a fuller explanation but the tl;dr: lumpen was actively coordinating with his scumteam after he died and continued even after I repeatedly and firmly asked him to stop. It was really lovely and put me as a mod in a really uncomfortable situation and other mods shouldn't ever have to deal with that.

thank you for your time and god bless.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Those are quite some views. :stare:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

did you actually use the ridiculous setup pmom told me about or was he playing up the "ecco makes crazy unbalanced setups" meme

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i would never lie to you

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You would joke with me

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

i would never lie to you

What about that time you told him you liked his opinions

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

What about that time you told him you liked his opinions

Nobody has ever told him he has good opinions.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Can't help it if my friends are bitchmade

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

The Fantasy Draft is in, like, 30minutes, right? Or did I miss it?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I can't imagine ever thinking it was cool to keep playing in a doc after dying, but I don't try to game every system like Lumpen does.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Quidnose posted:

The Fantasy Draft is in, like, 30minutes, right? Or did I miss it?

90 minutes it looks like.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Awesome. I am stoked. Time to do some reading~

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's only cheating if you think Lumpen strategising can win the game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lumpen strategising did a lot for us in that game. He's good at scheming, even if he's not so good at knowing when to stop.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Black licorice has a really high ceiling and low floor. My grandparents used to have these little green (and later opaque white) anise candies that were absolutely amazing (the Trader Joe's black licorice Scottie dogs are pretty close to the flavor) that I'd devour every time we went to visit them. Licorice jelly beans are good. Black twizzlers are trash, licorice allsorts are sub-trash level, and

I'd rather eat hand soap than this poo poo.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If scum really had a double nightkill with 5/20 representation and an insane cop told explicitly by mod they're sane I'm not sure cheating is against the spirit of the game :laugh:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

If scum really had a double nightkill with 5/20 representation and an insane cop told explicitly by mod they're sane I'm not sure cheating is against the spirit of the game :laugh:

Weren't you just telling me balance is a myth and who cares like 3 weeks ago?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Weren't you just telling me balance is a myth and who cares like 3 weeks ago?

I don't care about balance! But with a setup like that the winner is already determined so :chillpill:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

to be fair, the two NKs can become one or even zero if the holders get lynched/vigged.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
taste even if my setup was the most broken game in mafia history it doesn't change that cheating is cheating. please be edgy about something else okay?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

taste even if my setup was the most broken game in mafia history it doesn't change that cheating is cheating. please be edgy about something else okay?

I don't think it's edgy to say you're being oversensitive here given the situation

black/white dichotomies are bad!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't care about balance! But with a setup like that the winner is already determined so :chillpill:

Wait so through making fun of the balance of this game, you actually are the one who cares about balance the least? How does that work?

Do you or do you not care about balance? I am genuinely curious!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Wait so through making fun of the balance of this game, you actually are the one who cares about balance the least? How does that work?

Do you or do you not care about balance? I am genuinely curious!

I care about Lumpen getting unfair treatment because I like him and think what he did wasn't that bad in context

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

to be clear I *like* ecco's weird setups and count one of them as a top-3 game I've played

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

He was caught trying to coordinate multiple times with scum while he was dead after being told not to. If the game is as unfair as you say, that makes it even worse because it's not like his strategising was even needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It probably wasn't.