Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Also who is best at autoing my way though the still boring af GW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

WerrWaaa posted:

I find myself suddenly unable to beat, let alone three star, the top Hard Nodes on LS/DS missions. Fuuu....

Do what I do and get an ally with a level 85 G12 maxed out dude you can borrow.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

WerrWaaa posted:

GW has become nearly impossible for anyone that doesnt have either resistance, Commander Luke +Thrawn or General Kenobi +Barris.

With the introduction of gear 12, nodes 9, 11 and 12 should be impossible to beat if your GP is over 1.2 million

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

CaptainPsyko posted:

Swap Biggs and Sun fac; Biggs owns for winning fights but he sucks for 3 starring challenges because his taunt uptime is way too high.

Honestly you might even want to go no tank; it’s more RNG dependent but Your best Chance is if the AI is dumb and never focuses anyone.

Thanks.

That did not help :( In fact the only way i can succeed the challenge is with Biggs out at the start. I guess i just need to gear and star up all my pilots (and put random 5 pip level 15 mods on them, when my wallet can support that...)

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Encountered this bullshit at node 6. Destroyed every team I threw against it.

I've come to like these now because it means I don't have to bother to do the rest of the nodes and can reset it and forget it.

Doesn't happen too often anymore though because a ~g10 resistance team would rip through that node in about three blinks, or four if rex manages to buff before you can focus him down. When everyone was going on about resistance being the key to galactic war woes, they were not wrong.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

zFinn resistance.

If you quit just after ships, buckle up, it's gonna be a while.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

WerrWaaa posted:

Phoenix can auto all nodes minus 6, 9 and 12 (11) without losing any health or protection.

For the hard nodes, you really want a zFinn resistance team preloaded with TM from node 1 and hope for good expose RNG.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

RC Cola posted:

Yeah. gently caress sabine lol

:agreed: Whoever said drop Sabine for Chopper / Zeb knew what they were talking about.

Also, these days, I just autoplay GW to Node 9 and stop. The time / effort ratio is more rewarding.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

WerrWaaa posted:

as mentioned, zFinn resistance is best for GW and as a bonus it's also a fantastic team to have for TB, hAAT, AND it will crush the LS 9 hard nodes. It's only weakness is in arena, where you can still beat any team, but you'll drop like a rock on defense because the AI has no clue how to manage expose. Really every team is bad on defense but resistance is especially bad.

The core of the engine is ZFinn, Poe (AS FAST AS POSSIBLE), and R Trooper. The easiest 2 to add to that group are R Pilot and Rey. However, you'll want to sub in R2 and/or BB8 as soon as possible because they are both rad and they solve a big problem for cookie cutter resistance - lack of potency. I'm currently running both droids with the core 3 in GW and it's fun as hell. In TB/hAAT, R2 fucks off to go hang with his boy Luke so I bring the core plus BB8/Rey. Most people opt for R Pilot over Rey though for extra exposes.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 6, 2017

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

fishtobaskets posted:

as mentioned, zFinn resistance is best for GW and as a bonus it's also a fantastic team to have for TB, hAAT, AND it will crush the LS 9 hard nodes. It's only weakness is in arena, where you can still beat any team, but you'll drop like a rock on defense because the AI has no clue how to manage expose. Really every team is bad on defense but resistance is especially bad.

The core of the engine is ZFinn, Poe (AS FAST AS POSSIBLE), and R Trooper. The easiest 2 to add to that group are R Pilot and Rey. However, you'll want to sub in R2 and/or BB8 as soon as possible because they are both rad and they solve a big problem for cookie cutter resistance - lack of potency. I'm currently running both droids with the core 3 in GW and it's fun as hell. In TB/hAAT, R2 fucks off to go hang with his boy Luke so I bring the core plus BB8/Rey. Most people opt for R Pilot over Rey though for extra exposes.

I recently switched to a mostly resistance team in arena (zFinn G10, Poe G10, Trooper G11, zR2 G10 (numberCrunch) and CLS G12) and instead of dropping about 50-100 places a day like I did with my old empire team I'm down to about 20-30 places a day. Now, I've never had a super-meta squad so I don't know how that "droprate" compares to those, but it was a significant improvement for me and I'm so happy I can relax about arena again now and know that I'm getting at least 75 crystals a day without trying, or 100 if I put in the effort to focus in the couple of hours before arena refresh.

I do need to swap out Poe's mods though because right now I have all 6 slots equipped with potency mods with speed secondaries (my logic there was for Poe to get tonnes of exposes for R2's fire to trigger because if you can land that combo with 4+ exposes, speed is irrelevant as are cooldowns). By the looks of things I should have 4 speed& 2 potency mods all with speed and potency secondaries on them, because one of the things that can make a match difficult is Poe not going first especially if Nihilus is on the other team. Can't wait to get Binds all Things on Luke... only 3 Z's to go!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah speed is drastically important for Poe. You want him going first as often as possible. You can get enough potency from the 2 set and R2/BB8's bonus.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
For arena, just make Poe as fast as humanly possible. Also, consider adding rHan, especially on offense, if you can’t make Poe faster than the fastest char on the other team. Just use Han to stun the guy who’s faster than Poe. Problem solved.

For raids/TB’s the magic number is 232 speed. Get Poe over that and nothing else matters.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Hahahahaha I literally just now lost my last arena fight of the day due to Poe going last. I'll take this as a pointed lesson re-learned that Speed Is King.

aah poo poo I left Rey on the team instead of CLS. I think that gold border around him was a good deterrent for some, I'll be curious to see how far down in the ranks I fall tonight compared to the last few days.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 6, 2017

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I run zFinn, Poe, RT, zzR2 and Thrawn in arena and I hold very well. Some days I don't even budge unless I try to go sub-100.

I get Thrawn to fracture someone and if everything goes well, that dude stays fractured (and a good target for exposure if everyone else is stealthed or ten. up'd). If I can't get the exposes going, Thrawn starts taking turns as normal, which isn't bad.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I don't know why but my OT rebel arena team does not seem drop much in Arena. zCLS, zHan, zzR2, Leia, and Old Ben. 24 hours usually takes me 5-15 levels. I go from roughly 35 to roughly 50. Even a 72 hour break because work and I think I got pushed down to 55.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

I don't know why but my OT rebel arena team does not seem drop much in Arena. zCLS, zHan, zzR2, Leia, and Old Ben. 24 hours usually takes me 5-15 levels. I go from roughly 35 to roughly 50. Even a 72 hour break because work and I think I got pushed down to 55.

Your comp definitely has a floor on your shard. Mine is roughly 35.

You'll know when the Meta has shifted when you fall farther one day.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

TB can gently caress right off with its requirement that the required character be in the leader slot. I don't want cls' counter ability if it means losing wedge's heal on crit. Which is the only decent healing I have on any of my useable rebels.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I guess I should have been more specific about holding on defense. Resistance won't hold on defense if your goal is the top 20. If you don't mind being in the 100-200 range they are fine.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Your comp definitely has a floor on your shard. Mine is roughly 35.

You'll know when the Meta has shifted when you fall farther one day.

That day will likely be a few after Jedi Rey comes out. I like being in the top 50 for the 150 daily crystals since I don't want to spend money on this game.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

I'm in QGJ. If I've already maxed out rarity for Jyn, Rey, Rex, and Maul from the guild store, who should I go for next? Is Sun Fac still the best bet? Or should I work on Tusken Shaman for that Zader team on P2 HAAT? I don't really have any other great teams or amazing solo characters like CLS or Zylo for the suggested comps at this point, and will probably only have enough for one more zeta by the time RC wants us to take another shot at HAAT. Actually, I also don't even have Sidious and Phasma properly starred or leveled yet because I've been working on the OT rebels and various ships, so it would probably still be a while before I'd have a proper tank team for my Zader or any team besides possibly my Rebels.

Here's my SWGOH.gg profile thing in case it helps give an idea of where I am: https://swgoh.gg/u/somedillweed/

If anybody's willing to look through my stuff, I'd also appreciate advice for my arena team. I have no real idea who I should be using at this point with what I have, so I've just basically stuck with the current Wiggs/Lando/Ezra/ST Han for a little bit, with Wiggs/Lando being mainstays for at least the past few months, I think. I don't really have the credits to level up characters or buy mods right now, and I don't have any mods left with speed to hand out to other people unless I remove them from the characters who have them and redistribute.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grog posted:

I'm in QGJ. If I've already maxed out rarity for Jyn, Rey, Rex, and Maul from the guild store, who should I go for next? Is Sun Fac still the best bet? Or should I work on Tusken Shaman for that Zader team on P2 HAAT? I don't really have any other great teams or amazing solo characters like CLS or Zylo for the suggested comps at this point, and will probably only have enough for one more zeta by the time RC wants us to take another shot at HAAT. Actually, I also don't even have Sidious and Phasma properly starred or leveled yet because I've been working on the OT rebels and various ships, so it would probably still be a while before I'd have a proper tank team for my Zader or any team besides possibly my Rebels.

Here's my SWGOH.gg profile thing in case it helps give an idea of where I am: https://swgoh.gg/u/somedillweed/

If anybody's willing to look through my stuff, I'd also appreciate advice for my arena team. I have no real idea who I should be using at this point with what I have, so I've just basically stuck with the current Wiggs/Lando/Ezra/ST Han for a little bit, with Wiggs/Lando being mainstays for at least the past few months, I think. I don't really have the credits to level up characters or buy mods right now, and I don't have any mods left with speed to hand out to other people unless I remove them from the characters who have them and redistribute.

Resistance Trooper

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Dude get R2 and Thrawn into your team. Something like Rex/R2/Ezra/Thrawn/STH or OB would probably be better than what you're running.

Re: guild shop, I'm actually working on Logray and the other two clones at the moment. I finished shamen months ago but ive never geared him because that p2 zader tram just isnt a high priority with everything else going on. Logray/clones are at least useful as a TB platoons.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Resistance Trooper
Oh right, yeah, he's currently at 6/100 so finishing him up with guild shop shards in addition to the nodes I'm already doing is probably a good idea. e: I'm still working away at Finn with all of my cantina energy and refreshes at this point, so I guess I wasn't thinking of the full team as an urgent need yet.

As for the arena team, I can try something like that after I get some more ability mats because I haven't even maxed out Rex's abilities yet. He might also need some more upgrading/gearing since he's only G8 right now. My Old Ben is still kind of low as well, so I think I'll probably have to work on him a bit before he replaces Han, although I'm guessing he's probably the better choice if you get some speed and decent mods on him. Should I try to fit R2 or Thrawn in somehow right now, though?

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 7, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It would be nice if you had one of the good tanks (GK, Baze, Shore), but STH is a fine replacement in the interim. In fact, there's a top 5 dude on my shard who still runs STH (as a taunt juggle w GK, but still). Oh and my shard whale is currently running this and it SUCKS:

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 7, 2017

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Yeah, we haven't tried and finished HAAT yet so it'll probably be a loooong while before I can get GK, but I did finally 3-star the Baze and Shoretrooper nodes a week or two ago so I've been working on them as well. I have the Chirrut part of Chaze at 7* already, Baze just isn't unlocked at all yet.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Grog posted:

Yeah, we haven't tried and finished HAAT yet so it'll probably be a loooong while before I can get GK, but I did finally 3-star the Baze and Shoretrooper nodes a week or two ago so I've been working on them as well. I have the Chirrut part of Chaze at 7* already, Baze just isn't unlocked at all yet.

So aim for rex/R2/Thrawn/Chaze or Wiggs/Chaze/R2 as soon as you get baze.

Also get in discord so we dont treat the thread like chat. :thumbsup:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I really need to work on chirpa. But drat it I'm doing DT first. I'm farming something I want to. gently caress you game.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

fishtobaskets posted:

Got it. Thanks for the advice, friends. :buddy:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Grog posted:

Got it. Thanks for the advice, friends. :buddy:

For real though. Get in discord. And poach your friends. We have another opening

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

fishtobaskets posted:

It would be nice if you had one of the good tanks (GK, Baze, Shore), but STH is a fine replacement in the interim. In fact, there's a top 5 dude on my shard who still runs STH (as a taunt juggle w GK, but still). Oh and my shard whale is currently running this and it SUCKS:

Sucks to fight against? What are the mods on that

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm thinking of switching to Raid Han and dropping Rex for CLS lead. He's just too loving powerful.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

fishtobaskets posted:

I could field both those lineups

My Baze and Rex are just 4* (with the rest 7*)

I started using Phoenix for arena after gearing them for Thrawn and rapidly climbed to 100-150, but i lose like 100 spots every day and i cbf to try to get them back (gently caress that 10 minute wait timer, seriously). Lately it also seems that my shard have caught up and getting wins with them is more and more challenging.

I asked about arena comp a few weeks ago but didn't get around to changing my lineup. (Also i'd have to mod my dudes and gear up Rex from GL1) (And my good mods are on PS, which means ill perform worse in TB and lose my trumph card for GW)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Nov 7, 2017

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

I'm thinking of switching to Raid Han and dropping Rex for CLS lead. He's just too loving powerful.

Same, zHan + Erza countering 2 times each was too much to pass up for Rex's tenacity buff. Currently CLS (L), zzR2D2, GK, zHan + Erza and doing ok. Only G12 is GK because I'm spending my TB Currency on Hermit Yoda so I do have a bit of a target on my back on defence

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, i switched from my zQGJ jedi to Meta team (zCLS, zHan, ZR2, Thrawn, Shore) havent dropped out of top 50 in 2 weeks. I'm not even trying.

GK is going to take shore's place soon. Like in a week.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The best part about G12ing a toon is that they no longer compete with lower toons for carbantis or cuffs.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

The best part about G12ing a toon is that they no longer compete with lower toons for carbantis or cuffs.

Also, it's pretty easy to set a priority on which piece of g12 should go to which toon and when.

Multitool? -> CLS
Bayonet? -> Raid Han
Medpack? -> R2

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jerkface posted:

Sucks to fight against? What are the mods on that

Yeah sucks to fight against. His mods are all insane. OB has 45% armor and 220 speed without a speed set. It's really difficult to avoid either A. Soaking a mind tricks or B. Accidentally killing him. Both things are essentially match enders.

If I had thrawn, OB might be a little easier to deal with, but that would cause other problems. It's a tough comp.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mister Blueberry posted:

Also, it's pretty easy to set a priority on which piece of g12 should go to which toon and when.

Multitool? -> CLS
Bayonet? -> Raid Han
Medpack? -> R2

for real, go for the stat sticks.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

for real, go for the stat sticks.

oh sure, i want the stat sticks but i go for whatever comes in rewards, all tokens go to HY.
if i'm really close to a piece, i buy some salvage but i'm at 80/145 yoda now, so going for that first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

How good is hYoda? Is he going to be a must-farm? All my yellow currency has been going to gear.