Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Rollersnake posted:

Not for single player PvE, but I'd keep sword & shield on one bar to level the skill tree/skills you'll want to use in group dungeons. If you don't have your second skill bar yet (level 15), don't worry about it until then.

ah i should have clarified i meant the castable barrier shield spells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

ASenileAnimal posted:

ah i should have clarified i meant the castable barrier shield spells

Yeah conjured ward rules, protect your lil demon babies and they'll protect you.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Spec for crit and do Power Surge too. Combined with blockade mobs just melt and you stay healed.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ELSWEYR GAMEPLAY TRAILER'S OUT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlBBUmWFDkU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Yaaaay kitties! :neckbeard:

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

SplitSoul posted:

Yaaaay kitties! :neckbeard:

Kitties with eyepatches and bandanas.

Oh, and dragons. But look at the kitties!

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Sad Wendigo posted:

Kitties with eyepatches

poo poo I knew I forgot something when I designed my Khajiit.

Even better since his gimmick is MAXIMUM FAST.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Scyantific posted:

Poisons are bugged to poo poo my dude

poo poo really? I've been running poisons in both pve and pvp since wrathstone lol.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
For PvE at least, the poisons don't stack. So if you were in a trial that had multiple stamina DPS running the double damage health poisons, they would continually cancel one another out and reapply.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It wasn't/isn't that. Poisons are breaking back bar enchants and de-leveling them from Legendary quality to base quality.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
:lol: Wow, that I hadn't heard of.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Scyantific posted:

It wasn't/isn't that. Poisons are breaking back bar enchants and de-leveling them from Legendary quality to base quality.

Any good links or details on this? I'm searching forums posts and not getting much other than disjointed posts on the subject. If I'm reading correctly you're saying that a poison proc on the front bar is negating an enchant on the backbar? I'd always assumed the timers were separate

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5912256

Link has a video explaining the bug

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Wow, lmao. Thanks for the link

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
https://twitter.com/ElderScrolls/status/1110190887735308289

(It lasts until March 31st)

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
The novelty horse/guar is amazing.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Airspace posted:

The novelty horse/guar is amazing.

Fully agree... but the gems-only dragon is a ridiculously bad deal by comparison.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Can someone please invite to the guild on NA?

Dandywalken is the name.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 27, 2019

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Fully agree... but the gems-only dragon is a ridiculously bad deal by comparison.

Absolutely. I don't even think I've had 350 gems across my entire account lifetime.

tradjik
Mar 2, 2007

Haven't played since beta but thought I'd give it another shot.

Name is @tradjik

Looking for invite to NA guild.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Necromancer skills and morphs: https://www.learneso.net/all-necromancer-abilities-passives-and-morphs/

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Get your wallets out boys and girls, necro gonna be flavor of the month for a very long time.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

@twiceasnegative hopin for an invite to na guild

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I already whaled up and pre-ordered. Necromancer healer looks like it would be really fun.

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

oops...
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

Might be popular.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OckbBNlpRxQ

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Beefeater posted:

I already whaled up and pre-ordered. Necromancer healer looks like it would be really fun.

You're only a whale if you buy it just for PVP. Instead, you personally are buying it for the plot and game content.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

will a plus sub give me access to elsweyr or do i need to buy it?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
How bad of an idea would it be to go Bow/Bow on a nightblade?

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

ASenileAnimal posted:

will a plus sub give me access to elsweyr or do i need to buy it?

You need to buy it, at least until the next chapter comes out

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ephemeron posted:

How bad of an idea would it be to go Bow/Bow on a nightblade?

Not that bad actually, considering how bows are pulling a shitton of damage right now (in the proper circumstances of course).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

THEY FINALLY GOT SOMETHING RIGHT

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Scyantific posted:

Not that bad actually, considering how bows are pulling a shitton of damage right now (in the proper circumstances of course).

I concur. Built right, bow/bow is absolutely viable and a lot of fun. I respecced my Warden to such a setup, using Relequen/Leviathan/Stormfist and a vMA bow back bar. Her DPS is practically on par with what it was in a dual wield/bow setup.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Beefeater posted:

I concur. Built right, bow/bow is absolutely viable and a lot of fun. I respecced my Warden to such a setup, using Relequen/Leviathan/Stormfist and a vMA bow back bar. Her DPS is practically on par with what it was in a dual wield/bow setup.

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tOg5dlh7ds

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
:lol: indeed, that's nuts. Working as intended :troll:.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It took them 4 years to finally make the Undaunted skill line not suck dogshit and somehow they managed to break it for stamina specs.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0tOg5dlh7ds posted:

- Daedric Prey, giving 55% bonus damage to pets, affects the Spiders from the Shadow Silk synergy (but not the initial hit).
[...]
- As a result of using Daedric Prey, the sustain of this build is infinite. This is because I am spending a good portion of my Global Cooldowns expending Magicka rather than Stamina.

Just :lol:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just picked the game up taking advantage of the 25th anniversary sale, does it matter what scenario I start with? Should I find a way over to the Vanilla zones first since I read the main scenario quest there awards skill points?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Just picked the game up taking advantage of the 25th anniversary sale, does it matter what scenario I start with? Should I find a way over to the Vanilla zones first since I read the main scenario quest there awards skill points?

Doesn't matter at all, you can easily port over to the mainland for the base game quest from the Summerset starting zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

DLC zones give skill points too. I started recently and I played Morrowind first and then did the main OG quest. The DLC largely stands on its own and if a character is namedropped you always have the chance to ask “who’s that”. I think the DLC quests are also much better. But - the whole game world has a bit more meaning after the main quest.