Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you want from the chat thread in the new year?
This poll is closed.
Video games 100 14.08%
Not Video Games 46 6.48%
poo poo Posting 56 7.89%
Bowsette 128 18.03%
Polls 58 8.17%
No poll, How many times do I have to pick this? 53 7.46%
More General Horniness 103 14.51%
Less General Horniness 72 10.14%
Serious discussion of current issues 46 6.48%
Nothing. The thread is perfect the way it is :) 48 6.76%
Total: 294 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Post your thread rating ratings

1. 5.
2. 1.
3. 4.
4. 3.
5. 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
1. 5
2. 4
3. 3
4. 2
5. 1

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Also holy poo poo, this thread hasn't been stickied all month?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Also holy poo poo, this thread hasn't been stickied all month?

stickies last for 30 days, so on the last day of a 31-day month it falls off

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
we can finally post the good stuff in here now that we're not stickied

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

anyone wanna talk about botw again or do we save it for feb

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
5: 3.5/5

An overused score lacking in nuance. A sledgehammer for positivity which glosses over any issues that might push the topic to greater levels if they were acknowledged.

4: 4.8/5

Much better. Show you care about the thread, but reserve that little bit of judgement. Maybe when it's over, you can tell people you'd have voted 5 if you knew the outcome beforehand but you're proud of the end result.

3: 1.5/5

Meaningless centrism, completely pointless. A waste of energy and time. If a topic is worthy of this score it's doomed to obscurity regardless, no need to point it out.

2: 3.8/5

A satisfyingly disgusted score. Lacks the hyperbole of a 1 but shows clear disdain of the subject matter. For the connesuer.

1: 4.3/5

Theatrical levels of hatred. A crunchy slam with a bitter aftertaste, but slightly cartoonish in its extremity. A rating that has buried the foolish and dethroned the mighty.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 31, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
no need:

"botw is really good"

"im someone whining about weapon durability and rain and it makes the whole game bad forever"

stuxstuxstux

"conflict make me uncomfortable, lets just rank zelda games"

*member of the latter day saints of ffxvixvixiivxiixii shadowtinglers appears breathing heavily* "play this mmo, 300 hours of it suck but..."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

no need:

"botw is really good"

"im someone whining about weapon durability and rain and it makes the whole game bad forever"

stuxstuxstux

*member of the latter day saints of ffxvixvixiivxiixii shadowtinglers appears breathing heavily* "play this mmo, 300 hours of it suck but..."

Durability bad

Rain bad

Botw ok

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hmm yeah, I think i understand why someone would rate this thread 1, actually, we're pretty garbage

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
new entry:

durability is better than ever in death stranding

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm the guy who has barely played Zelda but kneejerkingly dislikes it because it's not a grimdark fantasy where you push orcs down the stairs and gently caress lizard barmaids

But unironically

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I spend more time thinking about and posting about games than actually playing games, this is my gamer confession.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Surprising for gamers who are so famously opposed to number scores

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Relax Or DIE posted:

new entry:

durability is better than ever in death stranding

Death Blanding

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Khanstant posted:

no need:

"botw is really good"

stuxstuxstux

no need:

"ff14 is really good"

"im someone whining about quests that are in all rpgs mmo or not which makes it bad unlike the witcher"

khankhankhan

"conflict makes me uncomfortable, lets just rank ff games"

*member of the latter day saints of climbing a mountain to break a sword appears breathing heavily* "play this zelda game, theres no dungeons at all but..."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Death Stanning

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
at least here, in the final hours of this thread, we can all agree on one thing:

nuclear throne is real good

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
The best space games are top down (because top down is a thing in space). Escape Velocity-likes and also Sunless Skies.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Relax Or DIE posted:

at least here, in the final hours of this thread, we can all agree on one thing:

nuclear throne is real good

loving dedicated airhorn button

The meme is dead but that will always make me smile

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stux posted:

no need:

"ff14 is really good"

"im someone whining about quests that are in all rpgs mmo or not which makes it bad unlike the witcher"

khankhankhan

"conflict makes me uncomfortable, lets just rank ff games"

*member of the latter day saints of climbing a mountain to break a sword appears breathing heavily* "play this zelda game, theres no dungeons at all but..."

no need:

"hi its me cowcaster, what's a videogame"

"hi it's me cowcaster, these videogame things are neat, i'm having fun with them"

"hi it's me cowcaster, i've lost my job because i spent too much time playing videogames"

"hi it's me cowcaster, i live in a dumpster now but i've run an old extension cord to my computer so i can keep playing videogames"

*member of the latter day saints of playing videogames appears breathing heavily* "cowcaster's dead"

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I spend more time thinking about and posting about games than actually playing games, this is my gamer confession.

Welcome to being a games journalist

Start posting on Twitter and get publishers giving you free games its a pretty sweet gig

May 8, 2006

so wait if i post the long and honestly incoherent post i've deleted like 4 times about the difference between looting and rummaging in games and how the latter is underexplored, but on twitter, i can get free games

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Relax Or DIE posted:

so wait if i post the long and honestly incoherent post i've deleted like 4 times about the difference between looting and rummaging in games and how the latter is underexplored, but on twitter, i can get free games

Basically

You need to do some shitposts in there too, everyone loves a good gamer joke

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You know you’re a gamer when... you instinctively yell “Reloading!” when sharpening your pencil!!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Jay Rust posted:

You know you’re a gamer when... you instinctively yell “Reloading!” when sharpening your pencil!!

Console gamer spoted

PC gamers only use mechanical pencils just like their keyboards

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

SeXReX posted:

Console gamer spoted

PC gamers only use mechanical pencils just like their keyboards

i hate mechanical pencils

the feeling of using one elicits the same reaction as nails-on-chalkboard-sound

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

at this point writing anything by hand immediately makes my hand cramp up

May 8, 2006

writing with a wooden pencil channels thoughts through nature by proxy, making the distillation of one's thoughts onto paper a final extension of a natural processes

using a mechanical pencil is like one of those pneumatic vr sex machines

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Relax Or DIE posted:

What a perfect endorsement of mechanical pencils

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

stev posted:

Why does Square always insist on showing off absolutely everything in every game before it's out?

It's because the games are pretty but suck to play.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Jay Rust posted:

You know you're a gamer when... The office boss comes and you're not scared!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Relax Or DIE posted:

writing with a wooden pencil channels thoughts through nature by proxy, making the distillation of one's thoughts onto paper a final extension of a natural processes

Pffft, go pro level. Use one of those chunky lead holders for architectural drafting. Now there's the real poo poo!

May 8, 2006

i don't know anything about architecture, if i see a building with lots of concrete i say 'honk honk brutalism alert' so i seem cultured

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

When you're in traffic and all you can think is "how did these idiots even get past the tutorial" #justgamerthings

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I like playing online games but I am too scared to join communites of people who enjoy my games so I surround myself with pubbies who are far far worse, ask me what it's like to be an anxiety perpetual motion machine

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Quick, before the new thread: Favorite character customization systems and why?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hitting the random button until it breaks because it comes out looking funny

May 8, 2006

Songbearer posted:

I like playing online games but I am too scared to join communites of people who enjoy my games so I surround myself with pubbies who are far far worse, ask me what it's like to be an anxiety perpetual motion machine

ask me about loading up games and sitting at the menu for hours because my anxiety wouldn't let me queue for matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

ask me about loading up games and sitting at the menu for hours because my anxiety wouldn't let me queue for matches

me, starcraft 2 ladder most of 2011.