Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

I've been collecting these things as I see them posted, and this is my favorite one yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Blitz7x posted:

I'm gonna be really blunt here and say that I didn't know that hate crimes could be charged without intending to or actually harming a human being
Are you really so insulated in your life that you've never heard of a church or mosque or synagogue bombing or burning?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Mahoning posted:

Man, if old Robert E. Lee was so against slavery and secession then maybe he should've accepted when Lincoln offered him command of the Army of the Potomac.

Right? Y'all ever seen an easier layup for a guy to prove his loyalty to country and opposition to slavery?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

BMB5150 posted:

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/897229893339144193

Can we confirm the credibility of this. I've trusted Abramson but weary to anything that sounds like a Louise Mensch fever dream. If so, find us the pee tapes now!

Here is the article

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.a396161d314d

Basically, it confirms that atleast 2/5 of the people on his foreign policy council were clearly russian compromised, but no one gave a poo poo about him and was ignored the entire time.

Actually, after reading the tweet chain, the central thesis of this rant isn't in this article. He claims that this proves that the meetings were moved around to facilitate the Mayflower meeting, but nothing in the WP that I can recall has anything to do with the Mayflower meeting.

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 15, 2017

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Lead out in cuffs posted:

They're sort-of missing the axe, but yeah, they are, aren't they?

I mean yeah, they are fasces. That's what happens when shitheads try to co-opt ancient symbols.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/funder/status/897254384932978689

I hope everything continues to burn down around the Nazis and they take Trump with them.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Donald Trump takes days to condemn white supremacy and racism instead of equivocate, after the media has to yank the words from his mouth like a magician's assistant yanking out a stream of colored handkerchiefs. Now FOX News is going on parade saying that the "there, you happy? mainstream media will never be satisfied". Getting this answer was never the goal. Having a politician explicitly say "I am not racist" after Neo-Nazis repeatedly celebrate equivocation and nonresponses as a victory for their interpretation that he is on their side should only be the rock bottom minimum. It should be the rock bottom minimum for anyone who is against creeps in the mold of George Wallacy from rising out of the sludge of humanity to resume a place in government ever again. This is not a concern for FOX News, who would rather increase their ratings by dog whistling more elderly racists toward their television sets.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm glad that in the year 2017 we were forward thinking enough to finally smash the nazis

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

BMB5150 posted:

Can we confirm the credibility of this. I've trusted Abramson but weary to anything that sounds like a Louise Mensch fever dream. If so, find us the pee tapes now!

Its technically true, but it now looks like it was pushed by very low-level staff who got shut down when the people running the campaign went "are you loving crazy, no we can't meet with Putin."

The Trump Jr meeting was pretty stupid, but I'm beginning to believe that there was not a whole lot of collusion. Maybe Russia had a way to give them a heads-up that Wikileaks is about to drop something, but its probably a case of Russia deciding to help Trump and Trump's campaign shrugging and saying "ok, cool" without promising anything.

Flynn and Manafort are probably in deep poo poo, maybe they'll be able to rat out other people, but I don't think it goes to Trump.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
As an aside.
Dogtax!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3U0udLH974

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Loving the newest Trump tweet about fake news and the reports of how upset he is that he had to make a second statement. Everyone one of those brings us to the possibility of him just straight up quitting one day and spending the rest of history as a laughing stock who is only still loved by white supremacists who convinced themselves he's a martyr who sacrificed his career to expose the liberal media agenda. Nothing makes someone want to quit a job more than the genuine (though hilariously misguided) belief that nothing they do is good enough for anyone.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Rigel posted:

Its technically true, but it now looks like it was pushed by very low-level staff who got shut down when the people running the campaign went "are you loving crazy, no we can't meet with Putin."

The Trump Jr meeting was pretty stupid, but I'm beginning to believe that there was not a whole lot of collusion. Maybe Russia had a way to give them a heads-up that Wikileaks is about to drop something, but its probably a case of Russia deciding to help Trump and Trump's campaign shrugging and saying "ok, cool" without promising anything.

Flynn and Manafort are probably in deep poo poo, maybe they'll be able to rat out other people, but I don't think it goes to Trump.

How are Flynn and Manafort low level staff

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

BMB5150 posted:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/04/stop-listening-to-seth-abramson-on-donald-trumps-r.html

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm glad that in the year 2017 we were forward thinking enough to finally smash the nazis

This but with the Confederates, who existed (and fought and killed Americans) a full 80 years before the Nazis.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

How are Flynn and Manafort low level staff

The new WaPo article isn't about those 2, its about a different foreign policy advisor who was comprimised. This new guy was basically blown off by everyone, but its just more evidence that the entire campaign was filled compromised people (Flynn, Manafort, Page, etc)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

evilweasel posted:

a lot of other ceos have agreed to stay on, and off the record said theyre afraid of his ragetweets

They're probably more afraid of non regressives even hinting at a boycott or non regressive twitter linking them to nazis.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
I'm fully expecting tomorrow morning's tweet storm from Trump to look like:

"IN THESE TROUBLED TIMES I AM TAKING STEPS TO ENSURE FREE SPEECH FOR ALL. WE ARE... 1/2"

*10 minutes later*

"...LAUNCHING A FULL PRE-EMPTIVE NUCLEAR STRIKE AGAINST NORTH KOREA. THE MISSILES ARE FLYING. HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! 2/2"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

The new WaPo article isn't about those 2, its about a different foreign policy advisor who was comprimised. This new guy was basically blown off by everyone, but its just more evidence that the entire campaign was filled compromised people (Flynn, Manafort, Page, etc)

I know I was criticizing the other person. We now have Flynn, Manafort, Trump Jr, and another staffer.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

mod sassinator posted:

I'm fully expecting tomorrow morning's tweet storm from Trump to look like:

"IN THESE TROUBLED TIMES I AM TAKING STEPS TO ENSURE FREE SPEECH FOR ALL. WE ARE... 1/2"

*10 minutes later*

"...LAUNCHING A FULL PRE-EMPTIVE NUCLEAR STRIKE AGAINST NORTH KOREA. THE MISSILES ARE FLYING. HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! 2/2"

Man, I have a feeling this is going to get worse before it gets better. (understand that any way you want.) Not NUKES, but worse.

God knows how the reaction will be.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 15, 2017

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Sephyr posted:

Didn't one of the more visible nazis in C-ville wear their logo on something? It seems really familiar.

Well, they are a clothing vendor, so it would not be surprising nor particularly meaningful.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://twitter.com/funder/status/897254384932978689

I hope everything continues to burn down around the Nazis and they take Trump with them.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-baltimore-confederate-monuments-list-20170814-htmlstory.html

The list of the 4 Baltimore monuments for any Baltigoons who want a chance to pee on them before they go.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

CubanMissile posted:

Loving the newest Trump tweet about fake news and the reports of how upset he is that he had to make a second statement. Everyone one of those brings us to the possibility of him just straight up quitting one day and spending the rest of history as a laughing stock who is only still loved by white supremacists who convinced themselves he's a martyr who sacrificed his career to expose the liberal media agenda. Nothing makes someone want to quit a job more than the genuine (though hilariously misguided) belief that nothing they do is good enough for anyone.

He's incapable of quitting. That would mean admitting defeat or that he's not suited for the job. He's pathologically incapable of doing that.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rigel posted:

i wouldnt read much into the low level guy getting shut down given what don jr. did, i just would assume that this guy wasnt in the circle of trust and was spamming the entire campaign so he was clearly an idiot

Kale
May 14, 2010

Have we gotten Trump's swift strong leader blunt shoot from the hip like a true tough mans tough countreattack yet?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Hobo Erotica posted:

Isn't that exactly what's happening though? Bannon Trump and Sessions being removed is definitely the medium term goal, but if we take it one step at a time, I feel like these are at least the right steps.

Hang in there mate.

While I appreciate the sentiment, my life is pretty comfortable currently. The people I would be worried about are the people who are under Direct physical Threat by these Nazis. I go out and protest but I live in an area where that's not much of a issue. I protest in a place where I'm surrounded by a bunch of other people chanting the same thing with no one counter protesting. Like I would have been at the Trump Tower protest if I had known it was going on. So, I'm perfectly fine.

And, yes we should keep hope and Keep On Keepin On. But I don't think we're close to a trump impeachment at all. Maybe Bannon gets removed, but we're not close to a presidential impeachment.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Putin is smart enough to manipulate Trump by controlling most of his closest staff, I find it highly unlikely there is a smoking gun there. My guess is the best we can hope for is several of the campaign guys are taken down and there is a lot of doubt about Trump. The bar to get an impeachment out of the Senate is incredibly high and isn't going to happen, but we can still hope to torch his integrity (more than it already is), win the house back, and hey maybe the Senate if it gets real bad.

They probably privately laughed at this low level guy trying to announce what they were already doing.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Ice Phisherman posted:

He's incapable of quitting. That would mean admitting defeat or that he's not suited for the job. He's pathologically incapable of doing that.

I'm still holding out home that his laziness and general aversion to doing any real work will one day win out. He'll be out playing golf, have the "hey I could just do this every day" notion, and then tell himself and everyone else that he is resigning in protest of the system and by doing that it's actually a big win.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A quick gander at the doughy carcasses of Trump supporters suggests to me that athletic wear doesn't make up a large portion of their wardrobe.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Eltoasto posted:

Putin is smart enough to manipulate Trump by controlling most of his closest staff, I find it highly unlikely there is a smoking gun there. My guess is the best we can hope for is several of the campaign guys are taken down and there is a lot of doubt about Trump. The bar to get an impeachment out of the Senate is incredibly high and isn't going to happen, but we can still hope to torch his integrity (more than it already is), win the house back, and hey maybe the Senate if it gets real bad.

They probably privately laughed at this low level guy trying to announce what they were already doing.

the don jr email is a smoking gun

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

lizardman posted:

Honestly pretty much any white person in the 1800s was probably a white supremacist by today's standards (or at least "pretty darn racist") and I doubt Lincoln was an exception. But the fact that he did the right thing - hell one of the greatest things any president has ever done - regardless makes him even more worthy of commemoration, not less.

Great Man History is awful.

Lincoln may have called slavery a great moral wrong, but once he was in power he did literally everything he was capable of to preserve it. Ge tried to pass laws that would make outlawing it impossible, he tried to pay the south to end its own economic system willingly, he tried to end the Civil War again by promising to leave slavery alone, and early on in the war he gave an executive order to the union army that any escaped slaves they encountered be returned to their owners or to regional governance, as convenient. This wasn't because he was an evil man (exactly) but because he held the norms of the time as more important than stopping the great moral wrong. Abraham Lincoln did a great job clutching his pearls but only truly ended slavery when it became clear that if the south rejoined the union with slavery intact the north would probably be the next to secede.

But while the president was giving the army orders not to free slaves, the actual soldiers were ignoring those orders and sharing their supplies with the black men and women they encountered seeking freedom. While Lincoln was trying to fix things by giving money to slave trading fucks, Harriet Beecher Stowe was convincing the general population that slavery was a fundamental evil that needed to be stopped. While southerners were crowdsourcing invasions of latin american countries to create more slave states, abolitionists and Quakers were smuggling escaped slaves to freedom and a better life.

Slavery wasn't ended by a luminous figure 19 feet tall, carved from marble. It was ended by ordinary Americans who, in ones and twos, in groups and in populations, in cities and in towns and in small rural houses, decided together that that wasn't what America was going to be, and that change was worth fighting for.

https://twitter.com/DerrickQLewis/status/897235297485901825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

And that's exactly who's deciding we've had enough of this confederate poo poo. We don't need a president to find our salvation.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Eltoasto posted:

I mean, this is pretending that he hasn't been involved in massive amounts of Russian money laundering for the past 20 years

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

A quick gander at the doughy carcasses of Trump supporters suggests to me that athletic wear doesn't make up a large portion of their wardrobe.

You sure?

Donnie Jr said his crossfit stats were BLANK and people did the math and those numbers would put him in the top 0.00001% or something.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

He's going to fake an illness when the special council gets ready to file charges and use it as an excuse to resign.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

But wait! Under Armour launched a camouflage hunting line a few years ago! The plot thickens...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Just trying to imagine the private conversation between Trump and his son over the email amuses me

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

CubanMissile posted:

I'm still holding out home that his laziness and general aversion to doing any real work will one day win out. He'll be out playing golf, have the "hey I could just do this every day" notion, and then tell himself and everyone else that he is resigning in protest of the system and by doing that it's actually a big win.

He could do that. However the executive actually does need to do things. Eventually he'd be drawn back in by circumstances. He needs to be worshiped after all. To be praised.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i don't want to play amateur psychologist, but i legitimately doubt that trump has yet to conceive of a world where he isn't president

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Obviously Home Depot didn't do it, this was probably an employee or manager, but still

https://twitter.com/LaurenSivan/status/897268879826722816

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, this is pretending that he hasn't been involved in massive amounts of Russian money laundering for the past 20 years

That's true, who knows what Mueller will dig up while going down that road. Assuming Mueller isn't fired and allowed to continue all avenues. But do you think the Senate votes to impeach if Mueller comes out tomorrow and says that Putin cronies loaned trump 500 mil?

• Locked thread