Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

fatherdog posted:

Cruickshank is an example of how this sport has room for several levels of televised mma and I hope things shake out so that we get/keep them.

it'll be interesting to see how the ufc weighs having a branded big time minor league with not wanting to be seen as a monopoly. there will always be a japan org and a bellator/strikeforce like org but I doubt they make a move to create a unified b league now that they can air everything on fight pass.

and really if you listen to lorenzo talk about it, they've kinda done it already with fight pass and their tv cards. all the poo poo we bitch about w/r/t no one knowing who half the card is anymore is a lot to do with them basically running what would have been a minor league years ago under the ufc name now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
That's bad though because it creates a situation where I don't care about the 19th best guy at 155 or whatever, but I would have cared about the second best guy in Battle Arena: No Limits: Maine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Willie did 100% mention this

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
just workshopping this one: how about when an old japanese guy finally dies in rizin we call it ricin

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

origami posted:

Back Door Billy is the new Front Row Brian

I believe I could get behind this name. Mods?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

lol they're also doing Koscheck/Daley II as co-main

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

colonel_korn posted:

lol they're also doing Koscheck/Daley II as co-main

RIP Joshua

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
God damnit I love Scott Coker.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also JT is going to loving crush Kimbo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Nice! posted:

do it for Dada, JT

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Mr. Nice! posted:

I am sensing he is a little motivated for this one.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler posted:

just workshopping this one: how about when an old japanese guy finally dies in rizin we call it ricin

lol

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Cruikshank should go to WSOF and fight Gatigje. It would tell us a shitload about both men.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Gaetjhe would gently caress him up

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog posted:

Caol Uno had his first fight in Shooto in 1996, and he's fighting again next month.

Remember this? According to sherdog, Uno is scheduled to fight in five days on SHOOTO - MOBSTYLES PRESENTS FIGHT & MOSH. If that actually happens, Uno's active fighting career will have officially spanned twenty years, during which there is not a single year in which he did not fight. That is absolutely flabbergasting.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lmao

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

fatherdog posted:

Remember this? According to sherdog, Uno is scheduled to fight in five days on SHOOTO - MOBSTYLES PRESENTS FIGHT & MOSH. If that actually happens, Uno's active fighting career will have officially spanned twenty years, during which there is not a single year in which he did not fight. That is absolutely flabbergasting.

Vitor hits the 20 year mark in October and has only had one inactive year due to steroids and title shot timing.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Mr. Nice! posted:

JT is fat and out of shape.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

Vitor hits the 20 year mark in October and has only had one inactive year due to steroids and title shot timing.

Two, actually; he didn't fight in 2010 or 2014.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

1st AD posted:

JT is fat and out of shape.

Kimbo had absolutely nothing for a man that literally died multiple times during and after their fight.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Monday MMA

https://twitter.com/UFCFightPass/status/722124693763829760

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

There's a large amount of catchweights (or unusual weight classes) on that card.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fatherdog posted:

That is crazy as gently caress.

Also I went back and watched the rest of the one fc card from this weekend just gone. Outside of Askren being boring as gently caress that card was pretty great in terms of wild brawls. Some of those fringe guys aint got a lot of cardio and the best grappling acumen but loving hell do they throw hard all the time.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I believe in JT's ability to not have a heart attack in the middle of the fight

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
http://www.ufc.tv/video/combate-americas-3-prelims

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Holy gently caress that referee's beard

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

who is on commentary, these people are totally unprepared.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

coconono posted:

who is on commentary, these people are totally unprepared.

Two teenagers and a guy stumbling over his words?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

Two teenagers and a guy stumbling over his words?

I think the girl just had a short orgasm over striking so she can stay.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

henkman posted:

I believe in JT's ability to not have a heart attack in the middle of the fight

Of all the things I have to worry about, now this is a real concern as well.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
He should get his ears drained just in case

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Gabi Garcia strikes again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH2wjNJzWY4

How are those two women in the same weight division.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
That's what's the commentators are asking at the start. They also say that Gabi looks like a schoolyard bully when she gets the mount.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kanthulhu posted:

How are those two women in the same weight division.

Japanese MMA.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I miss the superhulk tournament.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

TheReverend posted:

I miss the superhluk tournament.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

lol

TheReverend posted:

I miss the superhulk tournament.

well you're in luck because they're putting wanderlei in an openweight gp, and you know what that means: wild mismatches