Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i agree about micolash though, I've mentioned it before that I think the second half is a fun fight but I don't think in any micolash attempt in my life have I died before falling down that hole and it feels like busywork at a certain point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

il ike the idea of chasng down a human-sized boss throguh a labyrinth while enemies spawn in at you to distract you bbut yeah the fights not super interesting

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I love how mico talks

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
micolash is kind of a boring fight but from a story standpoint and within the context of the rest of the game he's extremely cool and interesting

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

rediscover posted:

micolash is kind of a boring fight but from a story standpoint and within the context of the rest of the game he's extremely cool and interesting

yes, this exactly. also he howls like a wolf like in blade runner

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol'ing thinging about micolash's Spanish va

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think the first part is the good part and the second part is the bad part because he cant do anything in it. he just stands there in a corner while you kill him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sometimes on the second part I accidentally get too far away and he does wrath of the gods and kills me, but in the first part if you just hit a full r1 combo and then walk to the side for a half second and repeat he will never do anything other than miss with the tentacle move until he teleports

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dont know what people dont like abpout the first part. if you take the specific correct path he always takes the same, fast, route towards the second part and it takes about 1 minute including the first fight

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

sometimes on the second part I accidentally get too far away and he does wrath of the gods and kills me, but in the first part if you just hit a full r1 combo and then walk to the side for a half second and repeat he will never do anything other than miss with the tentacle move until he teleports

he does that same thing in the second part too, i dont think ive seen him use that spell in like 30+ fights. i think the second part needs a ton of mannequin dudes in the room to make it interesting

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
or at least enough to be able to force you have to get far enough away from him to let him use the spell once in a while

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

he does that same thing in the second part too, i dont think ive seen him use that spell in like 30+ fights. i think the second part needs a ton of mannequin dudes in the room to make it interesting

Yeah he doesn't do it to me anymore once I figured out you just need to always be close to him. And agreed. Maybe the mannequins could be higher in number with less health and a shorter respawn time to force you to actually be more active against him.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont know what people dont like abpout the first part. if you take the specific correct path he always takes the same, fast, route towards the second part and it takes about 1 minute including the first fight

if you mess up the single correct path you have to redo it, the correct path isnt signposted or visually distinct from the incorrect paths, and it's super disappointing that the boss of the frenzy nightmare zone is a chase puzzle through infinite bookcases and marionettes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

That was patched in i think and its good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

if you mess up the single correct path you have to redo it, the correct path isnt signposted or visually distinct from the incorrect paths, and it's super disappointing that the boss of the frenzy nightmare zone is a chase puzzle through infinite bookcases and marionettes

Its actually good that the guy who made c9 tact with the old ones is a dingdong

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's not hard to figure out how to get him to go to the right places. he's a cool thematic fight. maybe one of the best puzzle bosses that there is, too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

That was patched in i think and its good

I believe "straight right right turn around go middle" has worked since day 1 but sometimes I get him to immediately turn down the middle path and idk how to do that reliably. Could save me 3 seconds

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

one time I walked straight ahead without thinking, and he ran towards me then turned right into the first fight area. that was probably the quickest time I beat him

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I e mentioned this before but it's worth repeating: Micolash would've been a really sick boss if invasions had been enabled during the encounter, invaders popping out of mirrors

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I believe "straight right right turn around go middle" has worked since day 1 but sometimes I get him to immediately turn down the middle path and idk how to do that reliably. Could save me 3 seconds

I remember reading somewhere that the made his running behavior less goofy going everywhere but i dont rememaber tbh

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Benny D posted:

I e mentioned this before but it's worth repeating: Micolash would've been a really sick boss if invasions had been enabled during the encounter, invaders popping out of mirrors

This would've been sick, and would have fit with the area with the automatic bell ladies before and after

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm ready. Put the cage on my head. Put the cage on my head like I'm an idiot.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

The very first time I fought him he just constantly kept warping and running around during the second phase.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I'm ready. Put the cage on my head. Put the cage on my head like I'm an idiot.

I wear the cage.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just trap and kill him before he can escape into the second arena.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Micolash and Fake Iosefka are part of the same cult, right?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
micolash always runs directly away from you so if you know the layout you can just lead him to the room

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Human Grand Prix posted:

Micolash and Fake Iosefka are part of the same cult, right?

fake iosefka is part of the choir, micolash is the school of mensis. theyre assumedly at war since theres a dead choir prisoner in yahargul, and a choir spy in the nightmare of mensis

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i almost beat the amygdala but i got greedy with my cheesy arrow shots and got hit by an arm oops

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Human Grand Prix posted:

The very first time I fought him he just constantly kept warping and running around during the second phase.

that's what he always does until you figure out how to drop down on him

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i almost beat the amygdala but i got greedy with my cheesy arrow shots and got hit by an arm oops

chalice amygdala? he was the hardest boss i ever fought

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

that's what he always does until you figure out how to drop down on him

I did but he never fought back? Only the first time though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tumor looking batty posted:

chalice amygdala? he was the hardest boss i ever fought

i beat it with simon's bowblade which wasn't very hard

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i died once to a perfect jump stomp right under one of her feet tho, crushed like a super mario bros enemy kind of cool

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

fake iosefka is part of the choir, micolash is the school of mensis. theyre assumedly at war since theres a dead choir prisoner in yahargul, and a choir spy in the nightmare of mensis

I never understood the difference between them. they're trying to accomplish the same thing aren't they?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I never understood the difference between them. they're trying to accomplish the same thing aren't they?

the mensis yhargul gabagools want eyes on the inside of their heads and the choir ppl want to turn into weird blobs of green stuff edirt blue

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
man i was hoping i wouldn't have to do anymore chalices except great ihyll pthumeru or whatever but apparently i need 2 more red jellies and they're in lower loran fuuuu

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

man i was hoping i wouldn't have to do anymore chalices except great ihyll pthumeru or whatever but apparently i need 2 more red jellies and they're in lower loran fuuuu

yeah i got pissed off by that and having to get bastards of loran. at least there's not really that many chalice dungeons but they all feel so long because there so repetitive and they start having side branches before and after every main floor. chirst!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The bug people at the school have lots of eyes and the dried sockets look like amygdala. Same for the club and their "wings"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just skip the side branches. I realized I needed to start skipping them when I started saying " gently caress!" At that red door.

Plus you're basically inviting all the red spiders in that branch to gently caress you for the rest of the layer