Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Here have a palate cleanser:

FIRST HUMAN DEATH

Considering more people have died from drinking too much water, that stat actually demonstrates GMOs to be the safest food on Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

"If they said the Earth was round, what would your questions be?"

How do we know?

"Here's a picture of it from space, and a list of hundreds of observable phenomenon that demonstrate it."

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

EvilGenius posted:

Considering more people have died from drinking too much water, that stat actually demonstrates GMOs to be the safest food on Earth.

Are you referring to drowning, or death through loss of vital body nutrients?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
e:^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Water Intoxication

EvilGenius posted:

"If they said the Earth was round, what would your questions be?"

How do we know?

"Here's a picture of it from space, and a list of hundreds of observable phenomenon that demonstrate it."

Flat earth theorists are my favorite conspiracy theorists on the planet because their arguments involve describing fundamental misunderstandings of physics and geometry, presented in a way that implies that it is we who are the idiots for believing centuries or research and experimentation and observation.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

SpacePig posted:

Flat earth theorists are my favorite conspiracy theorists on the planet because their arguments involve describing fundamental misunderstandings of physics and geometry, presented in a way that implies that it is we who are the idiots for believing centuries or research and experimentation and observation.

Maybe if I become a famous- and annoying-enough flat-earther, they'll say, "you know what? fine!" and take me up to the ISS to see for myself.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Oh sure, you stick me in a big "rocket ship", make it shake around and make a lot of noise and I'm supposed to just take your word that I'm now in space looking down on a round earth? Yeah nice try buddy. Clearly photoshopped.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Christo posted:

Oh sure, you stick me in a big "rocket ship", make it shake around and make a lot of noise and I'm supposed to just take your word that I'm now in space looking down on a round earth? Yeah nice try buddy. Clearly photoshopped.

See that door marked "AIRLOCK" over there? Go stand in that room for a few minutes and I promise the truth behind the vast global planar conspiracy will be revealed. Oh, that hissing noise? Don't worry about it.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

If the earth is flat, then what did Laika die for? :ohdear:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fishvilla posted:

If the earth is flat, then what did Laika die for? :ohdear:

are sins, rip in piece

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Do people go to the bathroom and stare at each other's genitalia or something

I mean how are they supposed to know

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

goose fleet posted:

Do people go to the bathroom and stare at each other's genitalia or something

I mean how are they supposed to know

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

North Carolina is a shithole. A Good Cartoon.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
We need to have these laws to stop rapists pretending to be women to rape people, because as we all know rapists are strict followers of the law.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

TinTower posted:

We need to have these laws to stop rapists pretending to be women to rape people, because as we all know rapists are strict followers of the law.

cash crab posted:

2) Love LOB at all times.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Tubman on the Twenties is probably going to bring some idiot dummies out of the woodwork.

Red is my cousin from ~The South~. I thought this was going to turn stupid poo poo show, but I actually seemed to have made him back down with a sensible observation? What is the world coming to?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This cartoon doesn't make the point it wants to.

The cis woman is talking to the pre-op transwoman, so they are friends. So transpeople are normal people after all
They are both adults. So transpeople aren't necessarily paedophiles.
The transwoman is raping nobody, nor even trying to. So transpeople aren't rapists.

In fact it makes the point that trans-activists are trying to make.

The transwoman is trying to have a piss in private, and she is being bothered/harassed by a rightwinger shouting their opinion at them.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BrigadierSensible posted:

This cartoon doesn't make the point it wants to.

The cis woman is talking to the pre-op transwoman, so they are friends. So transpeople are normal people after all
They are both adults. So transpeople aren't necessarily paedophiles.
The transwoman is raping nobody, nor even trying to. So transpeople aren't rapists.

In fact it makes the point that trans-activists are trying to make.

The transwoman is trying to have a piss in private, and she is being bothered/harassed by a rightwinger shouting their opinion at them.

Somebody in the politoons thread pointed it out, but it suffers from the same problem that this cartoon from Chuck Asay does

For those not familiar with his work, the answer is the couple on the left

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Curt Shilling just got fired for his stupidity. Eat poo poo, rear end in a top hat.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

change my name posted:

Curt Shilling just got fired for his stupidity. Eat poo poo, rear end in a top hat.

Was he a talking head at ESPN?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

Was he a talking head at ESPN?

He was a color guy for baseball

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Henchman of Santa posted:

He was a color guy for baseball

Easy now.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

A girl rejects a guy based on her feelings (self.TheRedPill)
submitted 12 hours ago by onepill_twopill

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

change my name posted:

I love the blurb on the wikipedia sidebar if you google him.

quote:

Curtis Montague Schilling is a former American Major League Baseball right-handed pitcher, former video game developer and former baseball color analyst.

Lots of "formers" in there.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Here have a palate cleanser:

FIRST HUMAN DEATH

Fun fact: this story is entirely made up. Tomatoes with fish genes didn't pan out and were never put on the market. I don't think you can even buy GMO tomatoes right now.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Jpeg artifacts, bad watermarks, poorly-used memes AND passive aggression? It's like somebody's trying to hit their bad facebooking quota.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I think it was made by djspoon89 not sure though

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just don't know what to make of this

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

twistedmentat posted:

I'm sure, had we seen the rest, there would have been something about he hates vapid cunts and their crotchspawn.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I want to hear your opinion. Don't talk to me.

Dude can't do without contradicting himself, apparently.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Puppy Time posted:

I want to hear your opinion. Don't talk to me.

Dude can't do without contradicting himself, apparently.

He is large, he contains multitudes.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

twistedmentat posted:

This jerk doesn't get invited to anyone's birthday parties and that makes him sad and angry and ranty. And so the circle of why no one invites him to parties is completed.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

twistedmentat posted:

I gave up the Socratic method for lent one year but nobody noticed.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I love the blurb on the wikipedia sidebar if you google him.

Lots of "formers" in there.

Maybe I'm the idiot on social media, but I was very pleased that I was the one who got to update his Wikipedia page to say he'd been fired.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

twistedmentat posted:

"If you have a valid opinion you should be able to tirelessly back it up"

If your opinion is valid, apparently you are required to answer dumb questions about it nonstop, because that's a great use of your time.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Jpeg artifacts, bad watermarks, poorly-used memes AND passive aggression? It's like somebody's trying to hit their bad facebooking quota.

I've always wondered if the futurama/simpsons creators or whoever could legally do something about these. It's some sort of copyright violation right?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Ok Fella posted:

I've always wondered if the futurama/simpsons creators or whoever could legally do something about these. It's some sort of copyright violation right?

ugh

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

I don't care either way I'm genuinely curious.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

They used that meme in the opening of one Futurama episode so they're ok with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Ok Fella posted:

I don't care either way I'm genuinely curious.

In terms of legality, I'm reasonably sure in the US it's a sort of grey area, since there's room for argument for fair use based on it being transformative. (Take single frame, add words to give it a meaning outside of the original.)

Nobody really cares enough to pursue it.