Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tutturu 🎶

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Hey other emulation nerds, anyone get the chance to try out the new SNES9x-Next retroarch core they just released for Vita?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i don't think this is v well done, but it shows up in my youtube recs every week or so and i play it again

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Stanos posted:

One of the bigger dick moves. "Hey here's this big rear end tower that popped up after blowing up the enemy base in space...but we'll get to that later. See you next time suckers!"

Then I read Babel sold like poo poo in Japan and realized it'll probably never make it over here. So yes that'd be a big one. Also the updated Sword City but that...might? make it over. Never know.
I mean, against all odds the updated Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is making it over, so I feel Stranger of Sword City should have just as much of a chance really.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

tootle-oo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6FdTVQoU8A

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

what is a tuturu?

Not much what's a tuturu with you lol

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

Anyone have an iPhone or iPad and get Severed for it? How's it compare to the Vita version?

Anyone?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Darkest Dungeon drops on September 27th.

Here's some kind of indie platformer called Hue. It looks like Limbo with some kind of color gimmick I dunno.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Policenaut posted:

Here's some kind of indie platformer called Hue. It looks like Limbo with some kind of color gimmick I dunno.

This almost looks clever, but why do indie puzzle platformers always have to look so goddamn slow.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

What is a tutturu?
Let me think for a second
Oh, it gets butt-naked

I just want to say I appreciate this :golfclap:

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Cross-buy too? :getin:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SpacePig posted:

This almost looks clever, but why do indie puzzle platformers always have to look so goddamn slow.

To give your brain time to process all the emotions.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you're interested in the homebrew emulators, the site was changed to henkaku.me after a number of people reported the old .xyz for sending spam emails resulting in the domain being pulled by their abuse team. It still works but you'll need to delete the enabler and re-load it.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
What is Root Letter? Is it supposed to be good? I like the pictures on Amazon.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

FrumpleOrz posted:

What is Root Letter? Is it supposed to be good? I like the pictures on Amazon.

It's supposed to be a mystery VN, but the art just makes me think of Love Plus. No idea how good it's supposed to be and I haven't seen anyone talking about the Japanese version.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The artist is the Love Plus guy.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Well, at least that part's explained.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I have the game, but I haven't played it yet. The japanese reviews aren't looking very good, so I've been putting it off for now.

They're saying things like the mystery being stupid, the main character being useless (basically he does nothing himself, he only moves from location to location to let other characters do everything) and a huge amount of content literally being advertisements for tourist spots in the area the game takes place in (the city sponsored the game).

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I have figured out how to get my Hygogg to consistently do suplexes, gotten a suplex special attack and attached a bitching cape to it. Gundam Breaker 3 is rapidly approaching Soul Sacrifice Delta as Best Vita Game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i wanna know how many people are going to buy the $100 gal gun dlc that only unlocks the ability for you to have x ray vision

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."

Tamba posted:

I have the game, but I haven't played it yet. The japanese reviews aren't looking very good, so I've been putting it off for now.

They're saying things like the mystery being stupid, the main character being useless (basically he does nothing himself, he only moves from location to location to let other characters do everything) and a huge amount of content literally being advertisements for tourist spots in the area the game takes place in (the city sponsored the game).

Wow, I was considering buying the game when the English version came out despite the mediocre looking reviews. Definitely taking a pass after reading this...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

voltcatfish posted:

i wanna know how many people are going to buy the $100 gal gun dlc that only unlocks the ability for you to have x ray vision
Can't people find free skeleton pictures online?

Speaking of DLC: is the bot addon for KZ Mercenary any fun? Or just something they threw together for trophy grinding?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

Does that:
1) Allow you to see the lingerie? or
2) Give you an actual x-ray images of the girls?

Because I don't imagine there would be actual nudity involved. If it's 2), then it's a good joke, but it'd somewhat cruel to make someone pay 100 USD to be on the receiving end of it.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Aug 4, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

voltcatfish posted:

i'd be surprised if you couldn't unlock it normally just by S-ranking all the routes or some other entirely tedious thing

either way it's a good gag

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SelenicMartian posted:

Speaking of DLC: is the bot addon for KZ Mercenary any fun? Or just something they threw together for trophy grinding?

I'm not even sure if it counts for trophies at all, or what MP trophies there weere for that matter :v:, but the bots are fine enough and a good way to just quickly play. I'm a weirdo that likes botmatches in general, though.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

I bought a Vita TV to be ON THE GROUND FLOOR of this dead console's homebrew development stuff before other people raise the price. The downside is the PS TV wasn't the device I needed to buy up but instead the 64 GB memory card which is now $105+ on amazon. I ended up stopping my enjoyment of the new toy because it was an older firmware and spent all last night trying to see if it's worth upgrading and trying to get my 3.60 Memory Cards from my slim to work on it (the answer it turns out is upgrade anyways it seems, making the latter pointless, BUT the answer for the latter is to use the hack and then delete the id.dat file on the memory card so it works in the older system.)

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

minusX posted:

I bought a Vita TV to be ON THE GROUND FLOOR of this dead console's homebrew development stuff before other people raise the price. The downside is the PS TV wasn't the device I needed to buy up but instead the 64 GB memory card which is now $105+ on amazon.

don't worry it was always pretty bad. I looked up my 64gb order and I paid $110 for it 2 years ago lol

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 4, 2016

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

don't worry it was always pretty bad. I looked up my 64gb order and I paid $110 for it 2 years ago lol

My last one was $88ish shipped, which I guess is about what PlayAsia is. Thanks Sony, the hardware outside of the memory cards were cool, I wish this system had more love for it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

SelenicMartian posted:

Can't people find free skeleton pictures online?

I feel it's worth it. The bots put up a good fight and are good if you want to jump in a multi game with no internet or NOT want to play the, no doubt, very skilled kind of players who are still on multi.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm not even sure if it counts for trophies at all, or what MP trophies there weere for that matter :v:, but the bots are fine enough and a good way to just quickly play. I'm a weirdo that likes botmatches in general, though.

Trophies do trigger for bot matches. I don't remember which one I got but I distinctly remember getting it during a bot match. Also, hail fellow weirdo :)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yo so lemme get this straight Gal Gun has touch screen menus, touch screen dialogue options, and a gimmicked touch screen rubbing mini-game but no general touch screen tapping shooting mechanics when the frame rate runs as poo poo as it does? Deleted that demo right off my Vita.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

minusX posted:

I bought a Vita TV to be ON THE GROUND FLOOR
You overshot, welcome to the basement :hfive:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Policenaut posted:

Yo so lemme get this straight Gal Gun has touch screen menus, touch screen dialogue options, and a gimmicked touch screen rubbing mini-game but no general touch screen tapping shooting mechanics when the frame rate runs as poo poo as it does? Deleted that demo right off my Vita.

It seems like a lot of anime titty games have pisspoor framerates and bizarre/terrible mechanics

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

where are the anime tiddy games for me, the gamer that just wants to have fun?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ruggington posted:

The Nobel Gundam in Gundam Breaker 3 kinda has titties

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dungeon Travelers 2 is supposed to be the good game. Enough to get a sequel announced then completely removed off the internet.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ruggington posted:

Many of the female Raiments in Lobster Certified™ Best Vita Game™ Soul Sacrifice Delta are titty themed

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

thank you, i will peruse this selection of prime tittos at my own leisure

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That reminds me, did anyone import Toukiden 2/is it good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders has been playing it in the PS4 thread and seemed to be mostly enjoying it but complained it was too easy, which doesn't bother me.