Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
im tabs and i hate xvsf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
I'm sbat and I love SFxT

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hace posted:

im tabs and i hate xvsf

I love it and I wish I lived in the alternate timeline where marvel and Capcom made up and released a PS5 bundle of all the Vs games. X-Men COTA, MSH, etc. They're all in the bundle which also, to everyone's delight, included a demo of MvC4.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZWu8nA45ko

Character looks cool but I can't help but feel like the hitstop sounds could use a bit more oomph, all her hits sound kinda wimpy.

I'm watching the match footage from Majin Obama (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXLJY1Rvi0g) and she's the only character where it doesn't look like there's *too much hitstop*

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Arzachel posted:

I'm watching the match footage from Majin Obama and she's the only character where it doesn't look like there's *too much hitstop*

drat there's a ton of it on block too. i counted ten frames at one point.

Surprise! *mwah*

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
SURPRISE, KAKAROT

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Hobojim posted:

Just because it's probably hard to tell who's making a joke and who isn't...

Yes, I'mFereydun is Tabs

:lol: if you think I'm going to take this at Face Value

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
This is like Lex Luthor not believing Clark Kent is Superman

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Theres tons of famous fg people from here. Bananaken used to be on here... and one of the youtube guys who got mad about having bad thumbnails. and another youtube guy i think. And im the white guy who cried while saying hes not a real n-word

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and im javert

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
why are we talking about totally accurate battle simulator so much in the fighting game thread

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Theres tons of famous fg people from here. Bananaken used to be on here... and one of the youtube guys who got mad about having bad thumbnails. and another youtube guy i think. And im the white guy who cried while saying hes not a real n-word

I think Dandy J from the KoF beginner's guide used to be here too, or at least was goon-adjacent somehow? I don't know the deep goon lore, I'm a relative newbie.

Evil Canadian is Rooflemonger yeah

Chilldog/jmcrofts used to post here too

Also me, one of my KoF tweets got over 200 likes, whatup

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'm responsible for the retcon that Noob Saibot was the first Sub-Zero.

I also wrote a Grinch parody about Akuma well over 20 years ago that for some reason kept getting reposted all over the internet for years and Maximilian Dood did a reading of on his channel that has way too many views. I don't get it either.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

If we're talking celebrity, I'm the world's worst Ken player.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

VelociBacon posted:

If we're talking celebrity, I'm the world's worst Ken player.

Actor Damian Chapa played Ken and I imagine he was way worse.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
They all posted here and they all had themed avatars.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I wrote a list of all the fatalities and such for Mortal Kombat 2 and uploaded it to local bulletin boards before the Internet and saw people with it printed out for a while.

One kid sat down next to me and smugly pulled it out and told me he was an expert. After I destroyed him I said "who do you think wrote that FAQ".

That's why I never had kids or finished college, it was the high point of my life and everything else was downhill.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Crushing your own kids repeatedly at video games is pretty tedious anyway

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

spiritual bypass posted:

Crushing your own kids repeatedly at video games is pretty tedious anyway

Scrub mentality

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So I've been poking into the UMvC3 mods and many of it is really high quality! But the character that got a chuckle out of me was Shin Akuma, who has:
- 0 assists and can't call assists either
- Can't DHC in or out of him
- The lowest amount of HP ever
- Paired with incredible natural HP regeneration

He's basically One On One Me Bro incarnate, I love it

His damage is pretty good compared to the other characters I've tried! Could just be me not figuring out good combo routes yet with the rest, but with him I'm at 1.1 mil, meter neutral (2 bars for the classic Akuma air fireballs into S into laser beam), corner-ish combo.

Artelier fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 25, 2024

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/1782737152394289609

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/goziline_staff/status/1783406235842392119?t=fflnEt7pFejNyWbSmpwg0Q&s=19

Looks like 8ing alright

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its got the 8ing hit stun animation, lets go

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

that is an 8ing rear end game, also watching it makes me realize despite hearing about hunter x hunter for years and years I know basically nothing about it

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/DizzyRobo/status/1783415508949442791

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Weird Pumpkin posted:

that is an 8ing rear end game, also watching it makes me realize despite hearing about hunter x hunter for years and years I know basically nothing about it

a young boy's dad is an rear end in a top hat and so the young boy goes out on a quest to get physically and mentally traumatized in various ways for no particular reason.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gon's dad goes for cigarettes and never comes back, so he goes out to see why cigarettes are so cool

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
God's silliest clown grooms every interesting fighter he meets to make them more fun in a later fight, is sadly hot.

Another boy is trying to kill the world's league of greatest killers to get his family's eyes back and another boy is running from his family another league of the world's greatest killers. There's a deadly game of Dodgeball

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 25, 2024

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hope they put the bankruptcy guy in this.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Would you recommend the manga or the anime for new nenheads

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The anime is real good and has a real good stopping point in relation to the manga.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

why did they put tvc movement into marvel style game lol

it's weirding me out man

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yea id defintiely recommend the 2011 anime. the manga's art really breaks down past a certain point. and its a situation where the manga isnt over but like, the point the anime ends is basically a conclusion to a lot of the arcs and themes, the manga just sort of kept going into another arc. but the new arc it went into is just setup for an even longer arc. like there's to put it bluntly no way the manga ever reaches any kind of satisfying conclusion given the author's health and the fact its taken him a decade+ just to not be done with setup.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

HxH isn't super for me, but the anime is definitely the way I would recommend trying to get into it. There were arcs I was absolutely devouring episodes of the anime ten at a time.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

boat arc has tested the faith of even the strongest togashi likers. I remain a pariston partisan but have resigned myself to the fact that the best we’re going to get any time soon is a block of a dozen chapters and then another multi-year hiatus

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Someone in the comments said to turn the playback to 1.25 speed and it's absolutely ridiculous how much better it makes the game look.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I turned it to 1.26 and it's even better still

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
wow all these character designs look terrible

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Countblanc posted:

I'll go ahead and say the manga is the way to go. The anime is perfectly fine but I know of a couple major omissions or changes to the story that spawned years of having to explain things to anime-only viewers who come back asking questions. The real benefit is seeing the fights and some emotional moments with full voice acting and in motion but beyond that I think reading it is the ideal experience.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hope they put the bankruptcy guy in this.
if not Knuckles, then I want his master the greatest chain smoker around to be in the roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Countblanc posted:

The anime ends on what is an actually fine ending and then you can read what little.manga exists after that.