Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Regy Rusty posted:

Sounds to me like you got yourself some free games

Speaking of free games, earlier this year someone posted here that Amplitude was showing up as free on the PSN store. I downloaded it to check and it showed up on my PS4 as a locked demo version, so I deleted it.

Last night I was browsing through my library though and I saw Amplitude listed as a purchased game, so I gave it another download and behold...apparently it is the whole game. :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
So like the games were downloaded I guess from my inputs, I was playing Street fighter on steam upstairs. I didnt launch either one and I cancelled the dq download before it finished but Mana was so small it had finished already although I deleted it before it ever got launched

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Stefan Prodan posted:

So like the games were downloaded I guess from my inputs, I was playing Street fighter on steam upstairs. I didnt launch either one and I cancelled the dq download before it finished but Mana was so small it had finished already although I deleted it before it ever got launched

My experience for support was complaining and not taking no for an answer until suddenly they talked to a supervisor and got what I wanted. So.

"Look I know you are just doing your job, but this isnt my fault and I need it refunded please" repeat ad nauseam

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

didn't someone get a refund after their dog bought something on PSN?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm crying at this

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

:20bux: :woof: :20bux: :shittydog: :20bux:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Crap, I didn't realize the PS TV had been discontinued years ago. Is there any other product like that that can send PS4 gameplay to a second TV over a network?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

haveblue posted:

Crap, I didn't realize the PS TV had been discontinued years ago. Is there any other product like that that can send PS4 gameplay to a second TV over a network?

Any computer

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

A computer, or an Android box

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bombadilillo posted:

Any computer

I was hoping for something in the same price range as the PSTV :/

Yeah, a super cheap Android STB or something I guess?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
If you're willing to take a refund in store credit it's way easier to get it approved

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

I was hoping for something in the same price range as the PSTV :/

Yeah, a super cheap Android STB or something I guess?
Officially the android app is only for sony phones, but its worked on everything I've thrown it on, idk if you'd have any compatibility issues with a cheapo android box though. The only thing with both the computer app and the android app is that you have to use a DS4, they won't take just any other controller.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Guys

Hotline Miami 2 is a loving blast. I dunno why anyone wouldn’t like this.

I just got Alex and Ash and their goofy gameplay is making me laugh. The song when you can first use them is also a rip roaring dance hit, which just makes it funnier. I actually wish the level was longer so I could get a better handle on how to use Ash’s guns effectively

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 4, 2018

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Are there any nice themes with kind of a peaceful jungle noises vibe? Been using the PS2 one for most of this year and the waves are pleasant but I feel like shaking it up a bit.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Big Word posted:

Are there any nice themes with kind of a peaceful jungle noises vibe? Been using the PS2 one for most of this year and the waves are pleasant but I feel like shaking it up a bit.
Got you covered fam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx4HK7m0gxs

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

skeletons should NOT have hair!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

:staredog: I might get this

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Any theme that isn't the corn theme is a bad theme.

Also, holy poo poo, Just cause 4 coming out, or I guess is out, today.

I haven't heard anything about the game,and that makes me nervous. If it's as fun as 3 though, I'll have to get it for those days when I'm not in a hunting/fishing mood with RDR2.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The thread seems pretty down on it sadly, apparently most of 3's design issues remain and it's traded 3's terrible crashing and performance for just being butt ugly.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

thanks
- admin

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Whoa JC4 came out under the radar.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah what the hell.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'm a couple of hours into Nier: Automata. I love how this game can go from horrifying to adorable in 10 seconds.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I didn't get too far into Nier:A, it wasn't for me but it's a really well made game. Like it looks like so much effort went into it.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

BisterdDave posted:

Yeah I listened to that, I understand that they still can be critical of some things. I just couldn't listen to only them, I need a good balance of ultimate optimism and supreme skepticism/pessimism. Giant Bomb are my favorite podcasters at the moment, they just come across as 100% authentic, and that I can trust when it comes to opinions on games.

edit: I'm supposed to page snipe or something? I don't get it.

They'd be okay if they knew what they're talking about more often. It's pretty hard to trust their opinions when you have to take everything they say with a huge grain of salt.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Dec 4, 2018

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Saint Rows already did everything a singleplayer sandbox over the top game can do.
The genre is now “on cooldown”. Whatever that means.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BisterdDave posted:

You should definitely give Easy Allies a listen! I think you'll like em, especially Michael Huber.

Thanks :) I will! I’ve already got too many podcasts to catch up with but this sounds like something I might really enjoy.

The Human Crouton posted:

I'm a couple of hours into Nier: Automata. I love how this game can go from horrifying to adorable in 10 seconds.

Nice! I wanna give you some future advice, k? At a certain point the game is going to ask a lot from you. It might frustrate you, feel pointless and seem like the game is wasting your time. But please be patient. Nier: Automata has layer after layer of payoff if you accept what it wants you to do. Stick through it and you’ll be rewarded. It’s a really great game, one that myself and others found to be a once in a lifetime experience after the game ended. I’ve never played anything quite like it.

Even typing out that vague post made me think about the game and conjure up some intense feelings.

Keep us updated on your thoughts by the way. I love hearing how people feel about it while playing through.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Kilometers Davis posted:

Thanks :) I will! I’ve already got too many podcasts to catch up with but this sounds like something I might really enjoy.

Easy Allies also have a second podcast, Frame Trap. It has a more laid back vibe. Maybe something you'd be interested in as well.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

The charges were on their card

If you buy things without meaning to or remembering you did it they're free!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Lambert posted:

They'd be okay if they knew what they're talking about more often. It's pretty hard to trust their opinions when you have to take everything they say with a huge grain of salt.

For the most part I keep up with current gaming news/rumors, so when I listen to these podcasts it's already information I know of. I don't listen to the podcasts to get information, I listen just to hear their opinions and also the in-between funny antidotes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Giant Bomb caught the PUBG disease last year and have gone bigly up their own asses being streamer personalities instead of being interesting.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

exquisite tea posted:

Giant Bomb caught the PUBG disease last year and have gone bigly up their own asses being streamer personalities instead of being interesting.

What? I don't see this at all. Aside from their podcasts, the videos they post on their website are all pretty fun to watch. My recent favorite was Jeff playing a bunch of N-Gage games, some which were unreleased demos.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

exquisite tea posted:

Lol no they havnt, giant bomb is the antithesis of a website projecting a persona to appeal to an audience? Don't believe me? Wait till big man Jeffy G slams RDR2 in the GOTY awards for being not fun to play

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
giant bomb is an accurate description of how their content lands for me

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Escobarbarian posted:

:jerry:

But yeah same.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

skeletons should NOT have hair!

We're all skeletons with hair.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I really like the giant bomb and they are probably the only videogame site i follow more than just their podcast. It is largely background noise though, there's not a lot of "content" there when its mostly talking heads over game footage.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CrRoMa posted:

Lol no they havnt, giant bomb is the antithesis of a website projecting a persona to appeal to an audience? Don't believe me? Wait till big man Jeffy G slams RDR2 in the GOTY awards for being not fun to play

Incredible, a man willing to hate a popular video game on the internet. Bold, fearless, courageous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Yeah its super lame when people develop their own thoughts and opinions :allears:

I recommend Kinda Funny if you need to watch grown men spewing praise and admiration on whatevers popular that week :circlefap: