Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Leaky Pool by chazaraz, on Flickr

Devil's Backbone by chazaraz, on Flickr

Atop Mt. Baldy by chazaraz, on Flickr

Tiny Planet Baldy by chazaraz, on Flickr

Hot Fuzz by chazaraz, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlie Bubblegum
Feb 28, 2004

a charlie come a charlie come a bubble gum

Distant waters

Instagram @turnerbradley

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

IMG_20130708_130004_154 by Donrufie, on Flickr

IMG_20130627_131501_030 by Donrufie, on Flickr

IMG_20130623_112942_662 by Donrufie, on Flickr

IMG_20130614_174133_731 by Donrufie, on Flickr

IMG_20130512_153639_853 by Donrufie, on Flickr

Still impressed with this phone (Razr HD).

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

widunder
May 2, 2002
I like VSCO.

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

Seconding the love for VSCO Cam. It's the only filter app I like, because it achieves what apps like Instagram fail at: making digital photos seem like they were shot with film. Many of the filters are understated, unlike awful filters offered by Instagram and its ilk.

Snapped this with my iPhone 4 back in October of last year.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Yeah, vscocam is the best. I recently switched to Android and I'm starting to show withdrawal symptoms. They're working on the Android version but in the meantime I'm stuck with a bunch of crappy apps that can't achieve that film look that I love so much.

I've literally considered returning my S4 and switching back to the iPhone just because of this app.

e: and afterlight too. Sigh.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

the kawaiiest posted:

Yeah, vscocam is the best. I recently switched to Android and I'm starting to show withdrawal symptoms. They're working on the Android version but in the meantime I'm stuck with a bunch of crappy apps that can't achieve that film look that I love so much.

I've literally considered returning my S4 and switching back to the iPhone just because of this app.

For the cost of switching phones you could buy an old film camera and some film and go to town :3:

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

the kawaiiest posted:

I saw Afterlight in the App Store a while back but the preview images didn't sell me on it. Is it around the quality of VSCO Cam? It's only a buck I think, so maybe I'll just get it and see.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

hypersleep posted:

I saw Afterlight in the App Store a while back but the preview images didn't sell me on it. Is it around the quality of VSCO Cam? It's only a buck I think, so maybe I'll just get it and see.

I love it almost as much as vscocam. Here's a flickriver page with photos that were edited with it: http://www.flickriver.com/groups/afterglowapp/pool/interesting/

It has really nice filters and a lovely interface.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
Went to Chicago for a few days.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I know I deserve this because I bought a windows phone blah blah, but does anyone know of a way to get AE-lock on a windows 8 phone through a lens program or something? It seems like such a simple thing that should happen by default, but you can't meter and recompose. (Nokia 920)
I can adjust AE compensation, but you have to go into a menu and save an option each time...

Resize+(minor)Curves

Pretty happy with the DR and how it handles high contrast scenes; I wish phones had bigger sensors, but I think this might just be the only p+s I need to carry from now on, making my mju a special occasion thing. Composing for 16:9 is odd, especially with such a wide lens, but I can't bring myself to use the in-camera crop knowing that 16:9 is sensor native.

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

Reichstag posted:

I know I deserve this because I bought a windows phone blah blah, but does anyone know of a way to get AE-lock on a windows 8 phone through a lens program or something? It seems like such a simple thing that should happen by default, but you can't meter and recompose. (Nokia 920)
Just buy ProShot, it costs only 1.99 and allows manual control of everything in camera hardware, including focus. Also if you're willing to wait a bit Pro Camera from 1020 will come to 920/925/928 too later this year.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Stubb Dogg posted:

Just buy ProShot, it costs only 1.99 and allows manual control of everything in camera hardware, including focus. Also if you're willing to wait a bit Pro Camera from 1020 will come to 920/925/928 too later this year.

Cool, thanks. Searching the web for legit reviews of niche-ecosystem software isn't very helpful.
e: $2 is cheap enough I'll buy it now and buy pro camera later. First application I'll be purchasing on this, or any phone.
ee: ok that was a good purchase.

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 20, 2013

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Stubb Dogg posted:

Or CleverCamera. It does basically the same but I feel like the UI is arranged better.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

The camera phone was one of the best inventions ever. So much easier than carrying a dslr

Charlie Bubblegum
Feb 28, 2004

Instagram @turnerbradley

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

photo (34) by s-bothun, on Flickr

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

Reichstag posted:

I wish phones had bigger sensors,
They're trying: http://mashable.com/2013/07/24/nokia-lumia-1020-review/

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Some Close Encounters poo poo going on on the way home...

Don't shoot & drive, kids :o:

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
I got to my location too late for that light :(

Mayfield Lavender Farm. by Clwn, on Flickr

I had to use my phone because:

"No card in camera"

Clown fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 28, 2013

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
https://vsco.co/vscocam/androidbeta

FINALLY. I signed up, though I doubt they'll pick me.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Pretty much my first shot in Japan on a recent trip.

Curves, Haneda, 2013 by alkanphel, on Flickr

Malaleb
Dec 1, 2008
Here are a couple a of my favorites taken with the Hipstamatic app.

Double exposure on the new 1 WTC by malaleb1, on Flickr

"Ugolino and his Sons" at the Met by malaleb1, on Flickr

On the Banks-Vernonia trail by malaleb1, on Flickr

Mt Hood from the trail to McNeil point by malaleb1, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Twilight Window by alkanphel, on Flickr

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

I like taking photos with my phone because a real camera is confusing and expensive (and would be wasted on me!)

Instagram: @andelazo
VSCO: andelazo

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Moody Sky by alkanphel, on Flickr

Charlie Bubblegum
Feb 28, 2004

Instagram @turnerbradley

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Really liked how the sun was at a perfect corner-on angle to light the whole building with flat bright light:

55°North Building by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

Charlie Bubblegum
Feb 28, 2004

Taken just outside of Hull, UK

Instagram @turnerbradley

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;

coronalight fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 16, 2022

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!
I totally just posted in the wrong thread.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Peppers #30 by alkanphel, on Flickr

Clown
Mar 4, 2004
Rent this space!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Cubist Curvature by alkanphel, on Flickr

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Instagram: @andelazo
VSCO: andelazo

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac114/ooagar/?action=view¤t=0BF62BA6-518F-461C-8E37-767529DD547D-2303-000003F8F362E1C5.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 16, 2013

widunder
May 2, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth