Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

If I'm reading the RAW correctly you need one for your OOC skills, and then a "kit" for your comabat skills, then I think there's a third one for team encounters? I have ADD so I have a hard time focussing on reading the rules for large bits of time, but I've worked my way through it. Also yeah, Team Conflict is what I meant, where you as a team try to overcome an obstacle like a mountain or whatever. I'm going to move this to the strike thread tho.

continued from DND Next thread...

My biggest worry is that with the way things are in Strike, you don't have the granular control over your characters like DnD, the DC is always either a 1:3 chance of failure or 1:2 chance of failure, using 1d6. It feels like, without using bigger dice for a wider array of results, it kind of blows that your character, no matter what, is as good as every other character for that similar thing. When 3 dudes go to do a lockpick, the ease of that lock picking should be vastly different depending on whether he is a master thief, or some schlub with a bobby pin. When I'm choosing a system, I'm looking for something well designed, but not "rules lite" The combat in Strike! looks amazing though, and probably is the best part of the game as a whole. I just wish there was something more substantial when it came to the skills.

(I'd personally love for 10 - 12 skills that are vague and overarching that I can use to describe varying levels of ability in a given thing. IE: A wizard would be good at history, Arcana, and a thief would be good at Thief-poo poo and Spelunking.)

You really don't need three different sheets for those things; none of them are super complicated. As for success rates: yeah, I kinda agree. That's why I use the 2d6 optional rules included in the book, with the slight houserule on skill rolls that 9-11 is a success instead of 10-11. That way you get these probabilities:

Skills have a larger impact that way, and multiple crits are less likely to wreck combats one way or another.

e: Remember that doing well enough to gain a skill can be fluffed as 'actually knew the skill all along, and it never came up before' or 'I was learning it in my spare time', ect.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LimitedReagent
Oct 5, 2008
There's also the No Skill and Heroic Skill optional rules, giving you a full four tiers of possible skill levels. The difference between No Skill and Heroic is pretty vast, which will definitely encapsulate your master thief vs bobby pin schlub scenario.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

My biggest worry is that with the way things are in Strike, you don't have the granular control over your characters like DnD, the DC is always either a 1:3 chance of failure or 1:2 chance of failure, using 1d6. It feels like, without using bigger dice for a wider array of results, it kind of blows that your character, no matter what, is as good as every other character for that similar thing. When 3 dudes go to do a lockpick, the ease of that lock picking should be vastly different depending on whether he is a master thief, or some schlub with a bobby pin. When I'm choosing a system, I'm looking for something well designed, but not "rules lite" The combat in Strike! looks amazing though, and probably is the best part of the game as a whole. I just wish there was something more substantial when it came to the skills.

(I'd personally love for 10 - 12 skills that are vague and overarching that I can use to describe varying levels of ability in a given thing. IE: A wizard would be good at history, Arcana, and a thief would be good at Thief-poo poo and Spelunking.)
On top of what everyone else said, it may be that Strike! isn't for you, since the whole point of the Skill system is that people can try things they aren't built for. Part of this is because unlike D&D, a roll of 1 is "Twist with Cost" rather than "Failure" or "DM laughs maniacally and rolls on a chart with entries that make your limbs fall off." It is not a game of fine-grained control, it is a game of heedless adventure. The point of this style of game is that people are trying all sorts of things. Maybe the Master Thief is scaling the wall to the roof entrance while the barbarian fumbles with the bobby pin in the lock downstairs; the barbarian landing the roll while the Master Thief sets off the alarm accidentally (and then teasing the Master Thief about it later...until the Master Thief uses her Trick to get them out of the holding cell) is classic adventure story fare. Having the D&D Master Thief -- the only one who can pick the D&D lock -- fail is a big WELP, NOW WHAT.

Another piece of middle ground is that you could use Strike! as written and make class-specific Skills into Restricted Skills. Anyone can pick up (and be equally good at) gemology, bicycle repair, blacksmithing, et cetera, but in your setting, the things that make a Thief a Thief are taught by a guild and involve special techniques that you have to be taught. Only Thieves can learn more Thief Skills, only Wizards can learn Wizardry Skills. Does it appeal to you at all to have the Thief start out with Thief-poo poo , but then expand into Pit Traps and Poison Needles and Mechanical Lockpicking and whatever (getting Advantage on the roll when the thing relates to the more specific skill)?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
So is Low Cover also Difficult Terrain? I couldn't find any mention either way.

Also, given that you can only take a zone's damage once per turn, and multiple characters could hypothetically take turns to slide you in and out of a damaging zone and therefore ping you with that zone, doesn't that end up creating a situation in which it does hurt more to be waved back and forth through fire than to be held in it? Should it be that a zone can only damage you once per YOUR turn, e.g. once per round?

EDIT: Also, having seen a necromancer defender in action a few times now, I'm given to wonder if it shouldn't be the Curse of Death or Brand of Death or w/e in order to avoid mark vs. mark confusion

Ferrinus fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 24, 2015

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
What's the difference between a master thief and some shlub with a bobby pin?

Well for one thing, the master thief's tools are much better. Depending on how advanced the lock is, I'd either give the master thief advantage for having great tools or the shlub disadvantage for not having the right tools. So either you're looking at a 1/9 chance of "failure" compared to a 1/2 for a basic lock, or 1/3 compared to 3/4 for an advanced one. Either way, the master thief is way better off. For a modern secure vault, I would not even let someone roll without appropriate tools: it is literally impossible to crack a bank vault with a hairpin.

But overall the biggest disconnect here seems to be that unlike D&D, I don't care at all about making the odds in the game reflect fine gradations in skill and difficulty. It's simply not about how well the character performs. They can be terrible at a thing and succeed by accident (that's up to them) or be great at a thing but get a Twist for being TOO good at it (that's up to the GM).

The idea that Twist is not the same as Failure is also something the GM can use here. The GM should tailor the Twist to the situation. If the shlub gets a Twist, maybe she spends 10 minutes, makes a bunch of noise, and the hairpin breaks off inside the lock. If the master thief gets a Twist, she opens the door deftly, only to find something she didn't expect inside.

I never really thought about it that way, but I have always ruled low cover as being difficult terrain. I guess that's the rule.

Zone damage should be 1 per round. I will double-check that.

Curse of death doesn't have the same ring to it, but I see what you mean.

Jimbozig fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 24, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Call them "Shadows".

gnapo
Mar 8, 2014

gnapo posted:

some stuff

I don't wanna seem annoying, but could you respond to these Jimbozig? My players need to know!

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

gnapo posted:

Hey, I got some more questions and remarks.

Resist, Vulnerable, Ongoing Damage: They only stack if from "different sources". When two
different characters happen to use the same power (e.g. if they are the same class), is that considered a different source?

Beam Blaster: I assume you can use the precision boost in the obvious way and you still don't grant opportunities when beam blasting?

Warlords "Incisive" class feature: as it stands now the damage bonus works for a Blaster ally's whole attack. Every other damage bonus was always limited to one target only (like the Magician's "Bloodmage" feature). Is that intended?

Grabbing over distance: With a Beam Blaster Kraken or a precision boost using Martial Artist Blaster you can grab creatures beyond your melee Reach if it makes sense in the fiction. When subject to forced movement that would remove the grabbed creature out of reach of the grabber, the grabbed creature gets a free escape attempt. I'm guessing the actual reach of the grabber is counted for this and not the initial grab distance?

Martial Artist's Greater Scorpion Style: the passive effect of the greater stance might be weaker than the passive effect of the basic stance: Usually people grant Opportunities on their own turn, so they dodge the first Ongoing Damage tick but get a save at the end of their turn (or auto-win as an Elite or Champion). Maybe a rule roughly like the folowing could resolve that: "You can only save normally against ongoing damage if you have suffered from it once" (but save-granting powers and feats like "Nothing fazes you" should work) or simpler "Cant save on the turn that you got it". That would also allow other Ongoing Damage inflicting Powers to keep up their expected damage if they are used as interrupts.

I thought I replied to this but maybe I was phone posting and forgot to finish it. Anyway, 1,2,and 4 are fine. 3: it should be 1 target. 5: yeah, can't save on the turn you got it works fine for most statuses, although not all (e.g. getting slowed and losing your movement on your turn, then not being able to save) - it's one of those things where there is no simple general rule that isn't somehow abusable.

gnapo
Mar 8, 2014
Thanks for clearing that up.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Looks like the final PDF is out to backers.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Oh nice! Just checked my inbox.

Any changes from Penultimate that I need to look out for?

EDIT: Yeah, I just noticed that v

Mitama fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 3, 2015

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Does the final PDF not have bookmarks, or am I messing something up?

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
The PDF does not have bookmarks as of right now. It was on Jimbozig's list of things to work on, but his computer complications got in the way. The DTRPG file should be updated with them – along with some other digital use quality improvements – sometime in the near future. (source)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TurninTrix posted:

Oh nice! Just checked my inbox.

Any changes from Penultimate that I need to look out for?

EDIT: Yeah, I just noticed that v

Looks like there is more art and the thing seems better laid out. Also, an index.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

The PDF does not have bookmarks as of right now. It was on Jimbozig's list of things to work on, but his computer complications got in the way. The DTRPG file should be updated with them – along with some other digital use quality improvements – sometime in the near future. (source)

Think I'll wait until then to update my campaign then. Bookmarks are important for this lazybones GM.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Covok posted:

Looks like there is more art and the thing seems better laid out. Also, an index.

I was asking in terms of errata, but good to know.
(The thing I complained about a month or so back got edited, anyway!)

And yeah, I hope his computer problems get resolved fast, bookmarks are great to have.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 3, 2015

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I feel like a huge rear end in a top hat because it occurred to me like a day ago that the Blood Sorcery advance should probably give you two tokens on injury, not one, but it's definitely too late now

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

Yes, the thing is out! And it's got 2 or 3 little errors that I need to fix already! But it really is done and it feels so good.

Ferrinus posted:

I feel like a huge rear end in a top hat because it occurred to me like a day ago that the Blood Sorcery advance should probably give you two tokens on injury, not one, but it's definitely too late now

Well I'll look at that when I update the PDF. Which I will indeed do soon. There has been good news on the data recovery front, too. I managed to recover all my files! And I didn't have to send it away to pay someone $400 to do it! And it`s all thanks to gourdcaptain, Linux, and my dogged persistence despite not really knowing what I was doing. Never let not knowing how to do a thing stop you from doing it!

I won't have time to follow up on that til later in the week, though. (Early in the week I'm working long days and I can do brainstorming and creative stuff in the car or in short breaks. Later in the week I have more time and do my serious writing and managing stuff.) On that topic, today I was getting mentally organized to sit down and seriously write up the first draft of the vehicles, and this is what I've got:

Fury Chase - an extended version of the chase mechanics where multiple chases are used to resolve one big violent chase. Maybe with extended rules for helping to make it more of a team thing.

Tactical Vehicle Combat - What the name says on the box. Using the rules for "Simplified classes" (and some modified Roles?) to play out combats in starfighters, car wars, naval battles, etc.
- With a planned-movement optional module to represent having to think ahead with your movement (I think I've got a good way to do this without making it too fiddly).
- With rules for 'capital ships' based on Champions and Titans.

Vehicles as Items - for when you want to ride into combat on your hog, whether you're a biker or a goblin with an unusual mount. Also a little bit of text about vehicles out of combat.

If I didn't already have a Driver mini-kit, I'd put it in now.

Anything else you can think of regarding vehicles in RPGs that really ought to get in here?

Jimbozig fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 6, 2015

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Vehicle customization maybe? Somehow? Not sure how it would work with Strike not being a very item dependent game.

Mecha? Not sure it needs to be an extra layer.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Congratulations, Jimbozig! This was my first TG kickstarter, and I'm very happy with the product. The new art in particular looks fantastic.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ah hell, will start using the new rules next session, as the party will fight the most feared and famous FF monster... ULTROS

Serf
May 5, 2011

Definitely gonna start a game of this up soon. I've read over it a few times and this looks like the 4E replacement I've been looking for since my last 4E game ended.

By the way, the art in the book is awesome. Really looking forward to getting my hands on a physical copy.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Ah hell, will start using the new rules next session, as the party will fight the most feared and famous FF monster... ULTROS

what, no TURBODRACULA?

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

So, specific questions about two advances:

First, the Fountain advance "soothe" - what does it, in fact, do? i mean, you can talk someone down from a rash course of action without it, right? and "they turn on you" or "they become more cautious" are perfectly suitable twists, too. so...?

the sorcerer advance "kit expansion": is this a holdover from a previous version of the game? it seems to just say "when you get a new kit that uses tokens, you can use power tokens instead, and take power tokens instead of action points" If it's just a fancy way of saying that, why isn't something similar included with other token-using kits?

Pumpkin Pirate
Feb 2, 2005
???????
The soothe advance gives you some control over what happens if you fail. "They turn on you instead" lets you prevent what they were going to do, and they "take the same course, albeit with more caution" is still an improvement in the situation. Sure, either of those could be reasonable twists, but I imagine with a normal skill roll, a lot of your twists are going to actually make the situation worse, like "they're annoyed at you, and act even more rashly to spite you". Also note that with the advance, the player gets to choose between the two failure modes.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

Magnusth posted:

So, specific questions about two advances:

First, the Fountain advance "soothe" - what does it, in fact, do? i mean, you can talk someone down from a rash course of action without it, right? and "they turn on you" or "they become more cautious" are perfectly suitable twists, too. so...?

the sorcerer advance "kit expansion": is this a holdover from a previous version of the game? it seems to just say "when you get a new kit that uses tokens, you can use power tokens instead, and take power tokens instead of action points" If it's just a fancy way of saying that, why isn't something similar included with other token-using kits?

Like PumpkinPirate said, soothe puts you in control and puts a high floor on how bad the twist can be. There are no really terrible outcomes there. Many of the custom rolls are like that.

Kit expansion represents channeling your sorcerous power to craft cool items or whatever your other kit lets you do. Instead of spending an advance to get the base move, you spend the advance to get the base move plus some minor benefits that help you integrate it with your Sorcery. Having the same thing for other token-using kits wouldn't work for a couple of reasons: balance and fluff. Balance because some tokens are worth ~1/3 of an Action Point and others are worth ~1 (the sorcerer's tokens are of this sort) and allowing trading in the other direction would not be fair. Fluff because you can easily imagine using "magic" to power most other things but not necessarily the other direction. The advance is a way of getting across the feeling of versatility without going into wizard supremacy.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

Recommend me good depictions or descriptions of dogfighting. Planes, starfighters, whatever. The more explanation/details the better.

I'm adding a fourth module to the vehicles mini-expansion. Gonna make sure I give you your money's worth! Plus the writing and designing part is fun. Feels so good to be back to that and getting a break from layout and copyediting.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Jimbozig posted:

Recommend me good depictions or descriptions of dogfighting. Planes, starfighters, whatever. The more explanation/details the better.

I'm adding a fourth module to the vehicles mini-expansion. Gonna make sure I give you your money's worth! Plus the writing and designing part is fun. Feels so good to be back to that and getting a break from layout and copyediting.

http://www.amazon.ca/Warfare-Illustrared-Classic-Autobiography-Canadian/dp/0075510243

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

Thanks for helping meet our CRTC-mandated CanCon requirements!

Also, I got a kick out of seeing that the original 1918 version of this book had the subtitle "hunting the Huns in the air."

I've reserved a copy at my local library.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Jimbozig posted:

Saburo Sakai's autobiography, which I frustratingly can't remember the name of.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
You probably want to read a guide to combat flight from a flight sim, too; there's a few good ones on the War Thunder thread I'll see if I can dig up.

e: ^^^ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Something I just realized, is there a reason why the main Kit Advances are numbered? Are you supposed to pick them in order, because General/Mini-Kit advances don't have numbers on them.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

TurninTrix posted:

Something I just realized, is there a reason why the main Kit Advances are numbered? Are you supposed to pick them in order, because General/Mini-Kit advances don't have numbers on them.

No, you take them in any order. The numbering just helps with organization a bit, I found. The mini-kits only have like 3 advances so they didn't really need it. I considered removing the numbers, but decided I liked it.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Jimbozig posted:

No, you take them in any order. The numbering just helps with organization a bit, I found. The mini-kits only have like 3 advances so they didn't really need it. I considered removing the numbers, but decided I liked it.

I wondered the same thing actually. Would changing the number to bullets alleviate the confusion while still keeping the organization intact?

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Jimbozig posted:

Like PumpkinPirate said, soothe puts you in control and puts a high floor on how bad the twist can be. There are no really terrible outcomes there. Many of the custom rolls are like that.

Kit expansion represents channeling your sorcerous power to craft cool items or whatever your other kit lets you do. Instead of spending an advance to get the base move, you spend the advance to get the base move plus some minor benefits that help you integrate it with your Sorcery. Having the same thing for other token-using kits wouldn't work for a couple of reasons: balance and fluff. Balance because some tokens are worth ~1/3 of an Action Point and others are worth ~1 (the sorcerer's tokens are of this sort) and allowing trading in the other direction would not be fair. Fluff because you can easily imagine using "magic" to power most other things but not necessarily the other direction. The advance is a way of getting across the feeling of versatility without going into wizard supremacy.

That all makes sense. Thanks. Which other tokens are woth an action point, by the way? i assume having a similar advance for those tokens wouldn't be unbalanced?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

So I made a thing because well, there wasn't one of these already that existed and a friend of mine wondered if this could be done. So I made this kind of ugly thing for my personal use and kind of thought "oh what the hey, maybe the people in the thread might appreciate this?"

Also because I have no idea how I'd sort and organize a text-only version of this sheet.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The organization strikes me as slightly odd, though I understand the reasons for it. You want to introduce the basics of how the game works before the heavy stuff, instead of overwhelming the reader with power descriptions and such- but it seems odd for the tactical stuff to be buried as far back as it is, considering it's one of the key features of the game. Particularly I wish Classes weren't set off so far from the rest of character creation.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

The organization strikes me as slightly odd, though I understand the reasons for it. You want to introduce the basics of how the game works before the heavy stuff, instead of overwhelming the reader with power descriptions and such- but it seems odd for the tactical stuff to be buried as far back as it is, considering it's one of the key features of the game. Particularly I wish Classes weren't set off so far from the rest of character creation.

I think the streamlined tacticalness is the main selling point, but strictly speaking, you can literally not engage with the tactical portions, so character creation gets split up between what you need no matter what and what you very likely need.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
So, ran my first session of Strike! today, and it was fun in spite of the fact that I hosed almost everything up. Okay, the fact that I only had two players probably didn't help, but after the first encounter I started losing my focus and it showed in the quality of the game (although the players said it was still fun).

First encounter was really fun and tense: two players (a Duelist/Striker and a Magician/Blaster) versus four Stooges (two Archers and two Strikers). Due to really bad rolls on their part and really good rolls on my part, the players racked up a total of 6 Strikes and managed to survive by the skin of their teeth. After that we had a bit of exploration and interaction, which eventually led to encounter two.

Encounter two was the two against a single Elite, a Pack Master. What was supposed to be a really scary fight turned into a pushover on account of the fact that I forgot that Elites were supposed to automatically succeed on all saving throws before they are Bloodied as well as take two turns in succession. I should've probably called it quits after this one, because the remaining fights of the session were literally filler.

Anyway, I'm probably being a bit too hard on myself: the players said they had fun, I had fun, but I still feel like it could have been more fun for all involved if I'd kept the rules straight and hadn't been so tired.

Everything about the system was great, though! Even though the last combats were effectively useless filler, it was still fun to be able to cram four tactical combats into three hours of gameplay. Next time I'll just have to get my notes organized and do a little more prep so I don't end up throwing useless and boring filler fights at my players.

So, the system is great, I just suck as a GM. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ratpick posted:

So, ran my first session of Strike! today, and it was fun in spite of the fact that I hosed almost everything up. Okay, the fact that I only had two players probably didn't help, but after the first encounter I started losing my focus and it showed in the quality of the game (although the players said it was still fun).

First encounter was really fun and tense: two players (a Duelist/Striker and a Magician/Blaster) versus four Stooges (two Archers and two Strikers). Due to really bad rolls on their part and really good rolls on my part, the players racked up a total of 6 Strikes and managed to survive by the skin of their teeth. After that we had a bit of exploration and interaction, which eventually led to encounter two.

Encounter two was the two against a single Elite, a Pack Master. What was supposed to be a really scary fight turned into a pushover on account of the fact that I forgot that Elites were supposed to automatically succeed on all saving throws before they are Bloodied as well as take two turns in succession. I should've probably called it quits after this one, because the remaining fights of the session were literally filler.

Anyway, I'm probably being a bit too hard on myself: the players said they had fun, I had fun, but I still feel like it could have been more fun for all involved if I'd kept the rules straight and hadn't been so tired.

Everything about the system was great, though! Even though the last combats were effectively useless filler, it was still fun to be able to cram four tactical combats into three hours of gameplay. Next time I'll just have to get my notes organized and do a little more prep so I don't end up throwing useless and boring filler fights at my players.

So, the system is great, I just suck as a GM. :v:

Don't be so hard on yourself, it sounds like most 1st sessions in a new system. They're usually trainwrecks in my experience, but so long as everyone has fun, it's fine. I hope your next session goes better!

Speaking of probably-bad first sessions: I'm going to run a Halloween-themed game of Strike! as a one-shot around October 30th-31st. Crossposting from the Pick-up game thread:

Serf posted:

Gonna be running a Halloween-themed game of Strike! Friday, October 30th or the 31st if I can get enough people together for it. Shooting for around 7:00 PM EST, but I'm flexible on that. Not really a horror-themed game, but more test-driving the game's tactical combat and just having some fun.

Fight classic movie monsters and villains in a nightmare arena run for the amusement of creatures beyond the human understanding! Kick rear end and chew bubblegum, impress the crowd and get revenge on the things that go bump in the night!

This is gonna be run for level 2 Strike characters, and you're encouraged to play as your favorite horror/action movie protagonist (think Ellen Ripley, Dutch, Kyle Reese, etc) or make up one of your own if you like. I can throw together a few pregens, but with this much notice I'm hoping people will have enough time to customize their own character.

If you're interested, hit me up at serfmc on Skype, send me a PM, or shoot me an email at tiredserf@gmail.com

E: forgot to mention that this will be run in Roll20 with Skype for voice chat

I'm really interested in trying out Strike for the first time and this idea just came to me a few days ago. I'd love to start up a regular campaign of the game, and this is gonna be a test for me to see how well it works.

• Locked thread