Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Crazy Ted posted:

Actually the win-win would have been for Seattle to fire Darrell Bevell and bring in someone who knows how to use Marshawn Lynch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Crazy Ted posted:

Actually the win-win would have been for Seattle to fire Darrell Bevell and bring in someone who knows how to use wide receivers.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Why don't Seahawks players like Russell Wilson? They keep loving his wives and girlfiends and then trying to punch him in the face.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ozu posted:

Why don't Seahawks players like Russell Wilson? They keep loving his wives and girlfiends and then trying to punch him in the face.

It's all a fraud. Wilson is the real malcontent.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
To be fair, Harvin and Tate don't seem to like each other, either.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Crazy Ted posted:

Actually the win-win would have been for Seattle to trade Darrell Bevell to a team wanting to have a better-than 24th in the league offense.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Is Bevell just around because Caroll Is Loyal To His People

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Crazy Ted posted:

Actually the win-win would have been for Seattle to fire Darrell Bevell and bring in someone who knows how to use wide receivers. In four of Bevell's five years with Minnesota they were outside of the top ten in yards and PPG, with the one great season happening because Brett Favre turned back the clock ten years. Seattle's offense has yet to be in the top fifteen in yards per game with him in charge.

This forever. I don't like that man. Regardless of Harvin's issues, Bevell is still here loving things up.

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009
Perhaps this is why they drafted Paul Richardson with their first pick at #45 last year - Is Paul Richardson any good c/d?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Crazy Ted posted:

Actually the win-win would have been for Seattle to fire Darrell Bevell and bring in someone who knows how to use wide receivers. In four of Bevell's five years with Minnesota they were outside of the top ten in yards and PPG, with the one great season happening because Brett Favre turned back the clock ten years. Seattle's offense has yet to be in the top fifteen in yards per game with him in charge.
Not disagreeing, but if they did that they Jets wouldn't be involved at all and there's no win win or anything anything... That's the "The Seahawks hosed up to let Harvin get this malcontent" part. GIVEN that things got that bad well what else are you going to do.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Is Bevell just around because Carroll Is Loyal To His People

I wouldn't say so. I think that Carroll can see that the Seahawks passing game is 29th in the league and the offense is 20th overall, but he doesn't know if he could hire anyone to improve it before the end of the season, and he knows that he isn't the offensive mind to do it himself.

Gerund fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 18, 2014

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Chris James 2 posted:

how the gently caress do you get only 1 point

In the CFL, if a TD is nullified by a penalty, you kick the extra point and then kick off to the other team. They love celebrations and hate penalties up north.

I made that up, but it would be hilarious.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shiksa posted:

Traded a conditional pick for a talented yet troubled player with no guaranteed money on the hook after this year. The Seahawks, on the other hand...

You're right man, Seattle is a trash org and can only hope to aspire to be the Jets.

Gerund posted:

I wouldn't say so. I think that Carroll can see that the Seahawks passing game is 29th in the league and the offense is 20th overall, but he doesn't know if he could hire anyone to improve it before the end of the season, and he knows that he isn't the offensive mind to do it himself.

Counterpoint, our passpro and that Tom Cable still has a job.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

a rowdy mullet posted:

Perhaps this is why they drafted Paul Richardson with their first pick at #45 last year - Is Paul Richardson any good c/d?

I don't think he's been on the field the whole goddamn season.Nevermind he's been in 4 games and has 1 catch for 7 yards on his only target. But Brian Walters is out there on every third down, so I can tell you a lot about Brian Walters.

Brian Walters is a very bad football player.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

You're right man, Seattle is a trash org and can only hope to aspire to be the Jets.
lol this is the most sasflowchart.jpg post.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bit late now, but made a thread for some desperate rationalization posting

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
You're all ignoring the very real possibility of Harvin failing his physical and nullifying the trade because that would be a very Percy Harvin thing to do

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ozu posted:

lol this is the most sasflowchart.jpg post.

I'm super mad the Seahawks misused and traded Harvin for peanuts I just don't think the Seahawks are a bad org :confused:

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Prozach posted:

I don't think he's been on the field the whole goddamn season.Nevermind he's been in 4 games and has 1 catch for 7 yards on his only target. But Brian Walters is out there on every third down, so I can tell you a lot about Brian Walters.

Brian Walters is a very bad football player.

But he has a lot of heart and grit.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

You're all ignoring the very real possibility of Harvin failing his physical and nullifying the trade because that would be a very Percy Harvin thing to do

And then the Cowboys will make the same trade and reel his behavior in just like they did Dez Bryant and Rolando McClain. Not that the Cowboys should bother picking up offensive guys over defensive.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
Darrell Bevell Must Die

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

a rowdy mullet posted:

We don't know because they never loving play him

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

This is what happens when you go with the locker-room-chemistry-killing rear end in a top hat over the walking-taunting-penalty rear end in a top hat.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/17/6996583/golden-tate-responds-to-percy-harvin-trade-with-live-action-kermit

Rack 'em

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Schwack posted:

But he has a lot of heart and grit.

Heart and grit don't mean a thing if you don't have any skill

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I wish Harvin would come to the Steelers where they really need another munchkin wideout speedster with a zillion yards after the catch, yet can't out jump a linebacker in the red zone

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Manoueverable posted:

Heart and grit don't mean a thing if you're not white

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Guys it all comes down to Wilsons letter saying he was a bully

Russell is the rear end in a top hat

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Crazy Ted posted:

Actually the win-win would have been for Seattle to fire Darrell Bevell

This sentence just keeps getting shorter and shorter.

Honestly, there's some messed up part of me that wishes that was Russel Wilson's soon-to-be-ex wife sitting there with Tate. Just... for the irony/comedy of it.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

quote:

Bill Belichick on his schedule: “Saturday will be Saturday, Friday will be Friday, Thursday will be Thursday, Wednesday will be Wednesday.”

:newlol:

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
Brian Walters is an excellent football player because he's not Earl Thomas returning punts for an injury. That alone is worth whatever they're paying him. Now as to why they allow him on the field on offense...

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

NicelyNice posted:

Brian Walters is an excellent football player because he's not Earl Thomas returning punts for an injury. That alone is worth whatever they're paying him. Now as to why they allow him on the field on offense...

I think my wife might be the only person excited about this trade because her and Brian Walters were in the same secret society in college. I feel like I rate Walters very lowly as a football player just because of that.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Adun posted:

I think my wife might be the only person excited about this trade because her and Brian Walters were in the same secret society in college. I feel like I rate Walters very lowly as a football player just because of that.

Are you and Brian Walters Eskimo brothers?

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Bulging Nipples posted:

lmao poor Russell Wilson getting bullied by other players. First Tate now Harvin, football game Drake over here

Should have done it yesterday and sent out the press release with a purple logo.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

Also if the Jets can use him right they'll have one of the better offensive weapons in the league.

We'll be seeing him run the wildcat, and I'll be screaming at my TV.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Bad Moon posted:

I'm super mad the Seahawks misused and traded Harvin for peanuts I just don't think the Seahawks are a bad org :confused:

Good thing no one was saying that

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Can someone make this avatar-ified? I want it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I think my mom has that same coat

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Duke Chin posted:

This sentence just keeps getting shorter and shorter.

Honestly, there's some messed up part of me that wishes that was Russel Wilson's soon-to-be-ex wife sitting there with Tate. Just... for the irony/comedy of it.

I thought the same thing for a good few minutes. That would have been such a huge drama bomb if it was.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

swickles posted:

Are you and Brian Walters Eskimo brothers?

She's really slumming it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can someone make this avatar-ified? I want it.

Rasczak fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 18, 2014

• Locked thread