Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
A guy just sold me WIFFE Deluxe for $40 so I'm trying to set up the Barbarossa scenario to wrap my head around it. It says that Czechoslovakia and Rumania are aligned with Germany, so I put both of their forces into my force pool right? Also, there is an Italian and Finnish unit in my setup, do I put the Italians and Finns in my force pool too?

Man there's a lot to absorb here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

July/August 1940, Axis impulse 5, planning:

Weather:
There are no modifiers from prior weather roll. The d10 roll is a 5. There is storm in the north monsoon area. Clear weather is in all other areas. The impulse track will increase by 1 space. The turn can end with an end of turn roll of -1. (all nations on one side pass)

Declarations of war:
The Axis make no declarations of war this impulse.

Japan will choose a combined impulse. They will have 2 naval moves, 4 air missions, 1 rail move, 3 land moves, and 1 land attack.

Italy will choose a combined impulse. They will have 1 naval move, 3 air missions, 1 rail move, 2 land moves, and 1 land attack.

Germany will choose a naval impulse. They will have unlimited naval moves, 2 air missions, no rail moves, no land moves, or no land attacks.

Germany will plan to sail the amphibious unit to the Baltic:

Germany plans to sail the two pocket battleships and 1 convoy point from Stettin to the Baltic:

Germany will plan to sail the Kriegsmarine ships from Kiel past the British to the Bay of Biscay. The submarine units from Hamburg will also sail out and search for the Allied ships:

Germany will plan to sail the auxiliary cruisers from Kiel to the north Atlantic to search for enemy ships:

Germany and Italy plans to sail the Italian sub and captured Dutch sub from Rotterdam to the Bay of Biscay:

Germany will plan to sail the ships and sub unit from Petsamo:

Italy will plan to search for the Allied shipping in the Cape St Vincent:

Germany and Italy plans to launch a strategic bombing mission against the production in Portsmouth:

Italy plans to rebase an aircraft in Yugoslavia:

Germany plans to move the sub based on the Milchcow unit to the Carribean:

Germany will plan to sail the auxiliary cruiser from Brazil to a sea zone along the African coast:

Italy will plan to move the units in northern Italy to the east:

Japan will plan to debark the motorized unit from the transport in the China Sea to Shanghai:

Japan plans to launch a strategic bombing attack against Lan-Chow:

Japan plans to move the divisions in China toward the front:

Japan plans to move the carrier task forces from Tokyo and Ominato to the Bismarck Sea, to be rebased in Truk at the end of the turn:

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

markus_cz posted:

So what's the longer term plan for Germany after Greece and Norway? I assume North Africa is waiting. But what to do with the majority of your forces? Will you attack Russia, attempt Sea Lion, do something else?
Until the war starts with the USSR, move as many subs and ships to be rebased along the west coast of France as possilble, to go after the Allied convoys. Look at a strategic target in the Med to be able to springboard into something further, possibly invade somewhere in the middle east or north Africa.

sniper4625 posted:

Three cheers for the Italians!
They still got chased out of the eastern Med.

markus_cz posted:

They're surprisingly good at not getting killed.
It'll balance out...eventually, but they are doing well right now. It's more to do with not wasting time and resources running around the desert.

COOL CORN posted:

First off, good on you for keeping this going 6+ months already! A couple days ago, before I even saw this thread, a guy on Facebook sold me a copy of WIFFE Deluxe for $40. I feel like I got a good deal. It comes in the mail tomorrow and I can't wait to break into it and learn all the rules! Until then I am in awe of what you're doing :stare:

COOL CORN posted:

A guy just sold me WIFFE Deluxe for $40 so I'm trying to set up the Barbarossa scenario to wrap my head around it. It says that Czechoslovakia and Rumania are aligned with Germany, so I put both of their forces into my force pool right? Also, there is an Italian and Finnish unit in my setup, do I put the Italians and Finns in my force pool too?

Man there's a lot to absorb here.
Thanks for following along! If you got a complete full deluxe edition for $40, that's a great deal. New copies are about $200 from ADG, even used copies I've seen are around $100.

You would put the Rumanian and Finnish units in your force pool. Czechoslovakia is considered part of the German home nation for games that start in Sep/Oct '39 or later. You wouldn't get those. It can be liberated by either the USSR or the Allies from Germany.

Just for the Barbarossa scenario: "Italian units are German controlled and count against Germany’s activities limits. Italian reinforcements arrive in Warsaw." Any new Italian units would be part of the German force pool.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 12, 2015

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Thanks that helps a lot! I'm sort of perplexed by the production circle and how to use it, but I'll figure it out as I go. I really like how streamlined everything is as opposed to something like Third Reich.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

COOL CORN posted:

I really like how streamlined everything is as opposed to something like [the] Third Reich.

Commenting on board games or war economies, it works either way!

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

July/August 1940, Axis impulse 5, attacks and results:

There is storm in the north monsoon area. Clear weather is in all other areas.

No port attacks are made.

No naval air missions are flown.

Naval movement:
-Japan moved the carrier forces from Tokyo and Onimato to the 3 and 4 boxes of the Bismarck Sea:

-Italy moved the sub unit from Rotterdam to the Bay of Biscay:

-Germany moved the auxiliary cruiser from Brazil to the Gulf of Guinea:

-Germany moved the sub based on the milchcow unit to the Carribean:

-Germany moved a sub from Scandinavia to the North Sea:

-Germany moved two subs from Hamburg to the North Sea:

-Germany moved a sub from Hamburg to the Bay of Biscay:

-Germany moved the two ships and amphibious unit to the Baltic:

-Germany moved two auxiliary cruisers to the North Atlantic. The Allies will not attempt to intercept the ships in the North Sea or Faeroes.

-Germany sails the ships from Finland out through the Norwegian Sea:

The Commonwealth will flip the Emerald face down to attempt to intercept the Germany units. THe d10 roll is a 5, increased to a 6. The interception attempt fails. The ships moved to the 3 box of the Faeroes Gap:

-Germany moved the captured Dutch sub from Rotterdam to the 2 box of the Bay of Biscay:

-Germany sails the Kriegsmarine ships from Kiel:

The Allies will flip the Cardiff face down to attempt to intercept the German ships in the North Sea. The Allies d10 roll is a 10, increased to an 11. The interception attempt fails. The ships moved to the 3 box of the Faeroes Gap:

-Germany moved 1 convoy point to the Baltic to increase the total to 5:

Naval combat:
-Germany flips the Hansa face down to search for the Allied shipping in the Gulf of Guinea:

The Axis d10 roll is a 4. They are successful. The Allies d10 roll is a 3. The German ship has 3 surprise points (4+3) - (0+4). The combat will be a surface combat. The Axis ship has 2 surface factors against 5 ships. The Allies have no surface combat factors. The initial Axis result is 1 abort result. The abort will taken on the transport unit. The transport is aborted to Cape Town:

Each side will remain in the sea zone. The Axis search roll is a 10. Nothing is found.

-Germany flips the sub unit in the Caribbean face down to search for the British shipping in the Caribbean:

The weather is storm, the naval search roll is increased by +1. The American convoys are not being searched for, only the Commonwealth units. The Axis d10 roll is a 5, increased to a 6. The search fails.

-Germany flips the Pinguin face down in the north Atlantic to search:

The Axis d10 roll is a 10. The Allies d10 roll is a 2. The Allies are successful and will attack the German ships with all of their units. The Allies will have 9 surprise points.

("Scheiße" says a German captain loudly aboard the Pinguin)

The Allies will have 6 surface factors against 2 German ships. The Germans will have 2 surface factors against 3 Allied ships. The initial result for Allies against the Axis is 1 damaged and 1 abort. The Initial result for the Axis against the Allies is 1 abort. They will spend 8 surprise points to increase the result to 1 sunk, 1 damaged, and 2 aborts.

Germany will take the sunk on the Penguin. Her defense value is 10, she sinks.

Germany will take the damaged result on the Stier. With a defense of 10, she is damaged. The abort results will be applied to her as well. She will be aborted to the Bordeaux port repair pool. The Allies will not attempt to intercept her returning to port.

The Allies will take the abort result on the Carlisle. Her defense value is an 8. The d10 roll is a 9. She remains at sea.

-Italy will flip a sub face down in the 2 box of the Cape St Vincent to search:

A roll of 2 or less is needed to be successful. The Axis d10 roll is a 3. The Allies d10 roll is an 8. Neither side finds the other.

-Germany will flip the Dutch sub face down to search in the Bay of Biscay:

A 2 or less is needed to be successful. The Axis d10 roll is a 4. The Allies roll is a 6. Neither side finds the other.

-Germany will flip the Nurnberg face down to search for the Allies in the Faeroes Gap:

A d10 roll of 3 or less is needed to succeed. The Axis d10 roll is a 3. The Allies d10 roll is a 10. The Axis will attack all of the Allied ships. They cannot attack the Soviet convoy. Germany will have 7 surprise points (3+10) - (3+3). The combat will be a surface combat.

Germany has 33 surface factors against 4 Allied ships. The Allies have 7 surface factors against 8 ships. The initial Axis result against the Allied units is 1 sunk, 1 damaged, and 3 aborts. The initial Allied result against the Axis is 2 damaged results. The Axis will spend 4 surprise points to decrease the Allied result to 1 abort, and spend 2 to increase their result to 1 sunk, 2 damaged, and 2 aborts.

The Allies will take the first sunk result on the Erebus. Her defense value is 9. The d10 roll is an 8, she sinks.

The Allies take the first damaged result on the Terror. Her defense is 9. The defense roll is a 3, she is damaged.

The Allies take the second damaged result on the Aurora. Her defense is 8. The d10 roll is a 9. She is aborted to Scapa Flow.

The first abort result is applied to the Terror. She she is damaged, her defense is increased to a 10, and is automatically aborted back to the Liverpool repair pool.

The other abort result is applied to the Glasgow. Her defense value is a 6. The defense roll is a 2, she is aborted to Scapa Flow.

The Axis apply the abort result to Mortuus's [/i]Bismarck[/i]. Her defense is a 2. The d10 roll is a 4, she remains at sea.

No other Allied units remain in the Faeroes.

-Germany flips a sub unit face down in the 2 box of the North Sea to search for the Allied ships:

The Axis are successful on a 2 or less. The Allies are successful on a 5 or less because their carrier has planes with a range of 4. The Axis d10 roll is a 4. The Allies d10 roll is a 6. Neither side finds the other.

Strategic bombing/Carpet bombing:
-Japan flies a stragetic bombing mission against Lan-Chow:

Japan is bombing the units being produced in the factory. The have a total of 7 stratgeic bombing factors. The units are not intercepted and receive +1 to the d10 roll. The d10 bombing roll is a 10, increased to 11.

3 damage points are applied to the units being built in Lan-Chow. 2 bomb points are applied to the mountain unit, 1 bomb is applied to the garrison unit:

The aircraft units are returned to the hexes from where they started and flipped face down.

-Germany and Italy fly a strategic bombing run against the units being built Portsmouth:

They are attacking with a total bombing value 8. No units are in range to intercept them. They receive a +1 to the bombing roll result. The d10 roll is a 4 increased to a 5. 1 bomb point is applied to one of the face-down carrier units being built:

The bombers are returned face down to their starting hexes.

No ground strike missions are flown.

No rail movement is done.

Land movement:
-Japan moves the divisions in China forward:

-Italy moved two land unit in northern Italy to the east:

No air transport is done.

Debark land units from a sea zone:
-Japan debarks the motorized unit into Shanghai and the transport is flipped face down:

No amphibious invasions are done.

No paradrops are made.

No land combat occurs.

Aircraft rebases:
-Italy rebases the aircraft unit in Yugoslavia:

No HQ reorganization is done.

The end of turn roll cannot be made yet, the value is -1.

The impulse marker was flipped to the Allied side:

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

COOL CORN posted:

Thanks that helps a lot! I'm sort of perplexed by the production circle and how to use it, but I'll figure it out as I go. I really like how streamlined everything is as opposed to something like Third Reich.
Sure no prob. I've never played that game, but I do own a copy of War in Europe.

sniper4625 posted:

Commenting on board games or war economies, it works either way!
It seems alright to me (maybe just because I've played this a few times?)

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

will_colorado posted:

Sure no prob. I've never played that game, but I do own a copy of War in Europe.

It seems alright to me (maybe just because I've played this a few times?)

As an observer, I can definitely say it's a bit overwhelming everything that needs to be kept track of, which is why I'm glad there's an LP to watch! Quite a turn at sea, for both sides.

How again, does Strategic Bombing work, and what's the effect of the bomb tokens?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Maybe it's an untrained eye but is the situation in the UK pretty grave?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
SINK THE BISMARCK!

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

sniper4625 posted:

As an observer, I can definitely say it's a bit overwhelming everything that needs to be kept track of, which is why I'm glad there's an LP to watch! Quite a turn at sea, for both sides.

How again, does Strategic Bombing work, and what's the effect of the bomb tokens?
The attacker decides what they are strategically bombing first: production in factories or ports, saved resources, saved oil, saved build points, on map things like resources, oil, shipyards, etc. When attacking production, the nation being bombed has to place a bomb marker for each bombing point an attacker gets. Each bomb marker costs 1 build point to be removed during their production phase. A unit with a bomb marker on it cannot be moved down the production charts, so it can clog up production lines. If there are enough bomb damage markers on a unit in production, that it costs more to remove them all than the total cost of the unit, it is destroyed.

When Japan bombed Lan-Chow. Since the garrison unit costs 2 points to build, if all three bomb markers were applied to it instead, it would have been destroyed.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Maybe it's an untrained eye but is the situation in the UK pretty grave?
Not as bad as it seems with the RN still there, and not like China. Italy cannot get their fleet out of the Med, and Germany has only the paratrooper unit in Norway and the and the amphibious unit that's in the Baltic capable of putting a land unit in England....and keeping then in supply would be a near impossibility right now with the RN still afloat.

Comstar posted:

SINK THE BISMARCK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Ufc2hI4FM

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, the ChiComs aren't looking too pretty. Usually they hole up in the mountains well enough to not be a worry, but the death of Mao is a nut shot.

Evil Imperial
Sep 4, 2014
How bad is the overall strategic situation in China for the ChiCom and Nationalists?

Can I have a Canadian Armor, Mech or the Crerar HQ unit?

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

July/August 1940, Allies/Communist impulse 5, planning:

There is storm in the north monsoon area. Clear weather is in all other areas.

The Commonwealth will choose a land impulse. They will have no naval moves, 2 air missions, 2 rail moves, unlimited land moves, and unlimited land attacks.

USSR will choose a combined impulse. They will have 1 naval move, 4 air missions, 1 rail move, 5 land moves, and 2 land attacks.

USA will choose a combined impulse. They will have 3 naval moves, 7 air missions, 1 rail move, 4 land moves, and 2 land attacks.

Nationalist China will choose to pass, since their units are almost all face down.

Free France will choose to pass.

Commonwealth plans to move units in Egypt:

Commonwealth plans to embark the ski troop division from Norway:

Commonwealth plans to move the territorial unit from Uganda to the east:

Commonwealth plans to move units in Norway:

USSR plans to move the Mongolian cavalry unit to the east:

USSR plans to move units in northeast areas of Poland:

USSR plans to move units in southeast Poland:

USSR plans to rebase aircraft:

USA plans to move the sub unit from Boston to the West Coast sea zone:

USA plans to move the ASW unit and 1 oil tanker point to the Canadian Coast to rebase the unit and trace supply into Greenland:

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Claverjoe posted:

Yeah, the ChiComs aren't looking too pretty. Usually they hole up in the mountains well enough to not be a worry, but the death of Mao is a nut shot.

China status: hosed.

Evil Imperial posted:

How bad is the overall strategic situation in China for the ChiCom and Nationalists?

Can I have a Canadian Armor, Mech or the Crerar HQ unit?
They hosed.

Yep.

The earliest of those will be the 2 Canadian Armored unit 1942:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

will_colorado posted:

Commonwealth plans to move units in Egypt:

where the hell are they going? a huge attack on east africa? off to the pacific theater? are they going to wander through the libyan desert for a few months? interestante

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

where the hell are they going? a huge attack on east africa? off to the pacific theater? are they going to wander through the libyan desert for a few months? interestante

liberate Ethiopia and East Africa

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

obviously time will answer all of my questions but looking at the africa map i can't see much of anything there to liberate. should be fun

Evil Imperial
Sep 4, 2014

will_colorado posted:

China status: hosed.

They hosed.

Yep.

The earliest of those will be the 2 Canadian Armored unit 1942:

Thanks for the unit.

How long you planning the delaying action in Greece, I'm calling two turns at most?

Also will my 9-5 2 CND ARM be upgraded to the Patton in Flames 12-5 monster that can go toe to toe with late game armor corps?

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

July/August 1940, Allies/Communist impulse 5, attacks and results:

There is storm in the north monsoon. Clear weather in all other areas.

No port attacks are done.

Naval movement:
-USA moved the ASW unit and 1 oil tanker to the Canadian coast sea zone:

-USA moved the sub unit to the west coast:

No naval combat occurs.

No strategic bombing or carpet bombing missions are flown.

No ground strike missions are done.

Land movement:
-Commonwealth moved units in Egypt toward Sudan:

-Commonwealth moved other units in Egypt:

-USSR moved land units in the north:

-USSR moved the Mongolian cavalry unit:

-USSR moved land units in the south:

-the Norwegian ski division was embarked from Narvik to the transport in the Norwegian Sea:

No land combat occurs.

No units are debarked from a sea zone.

No land combat occurs.

Aircraft rebases:
-USA rebased the naval bomber from Key West:

-USSR rebased two aircraft units:

The end of turn roll cannot be made yet. It would require a d10 roll of -1 to end the turn.

The impulse marker is moved up 1 space on the track and flipped to the Axis side:

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Evil Imperial posted:

Thanks for the unit.

How long you planning the delaying action in Greece, I'm calling two turns at most?

Also will my 9-5 2 CND ARM be upgraded to the Patton in Flames 12-5 monster that can go toe to toe with late game armor corps?

Probably just 1 or 2 more turns, enough to at least get the Greek units out of there. And yes, that big nasty bastard will get its upgrade as soon as possible.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 18, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
The USS Minneapolis, forever in port

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Actually now that I think of it, what is the Minneapolis' role going to be? Carrier escort?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Awesome thread, I just got caught up. Way to stick with it!

Second, can I claim the Soryu? We'll show those dirty Americans what for!

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

July/August 1940, Axis impulse 6, planning:

Weather:
There are no modifier from the prior impulse. The d10 roll is a 10. +1 will be added to next weather roll. The impulse marker will be moved up by 1 space at the end of the sets of impulses, if the turn does not end first. The end of turn roll is at 0; if all nations on one side and a 2 or less, or if all but one nation on a side pass and a 1 is rolled, the turn will end.

There is storm in the north monsoon. Clear weather is in all other areas.

Declarations of war:

Germany will choose a combined impulse. They will have 1 naval move, 6 air missions, 1 rail move, 6 land moves, and 3 land attacks.

Italy will choose a combined impulse. They will have 1 naval move, 3 air missions, 1 rail move, 2 land moves, and 1 land attack.

Japan will choose a combined impulse. They will have 2 naval moves, 4 air missions, 1 rail move, 3 land moves, and 1 land attack.

Finland will plan to embark Illegal Username's infantry unit to the amphibious unit in the Baltic:

Germany will plan to search for units in the North Sea:

Germany will plan to search for units in the Bay of Biscay:

Italy plans to search for the Allied units in the Cape St Vincent:

Italy will plan to move units in northern Italy to the east:

Japan plans to move the remaining two big carriers to the Bismarck Sea:

Germany plans to move land units in central Germany to the east:

Italy plans to rebase and aircraft unit to Albania:

Germany will plan to rebase aircraft units to Yugoslavia:

Germany plans to rebase two bomber units from Denmark to Norway:

Japan plans to move units in central China:

Japan plans to transport the naval bomber unit to Truk:

Finland plans to rebase the Fokker DXXI to the west:

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The USS Minneapolis, forever in port

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Actually now that I think of it, what is the Minneapolis' role going to be? Carrier escort?
Most likely yes, since it is one of the ships that has the same range and movement values as the larger carriers.

TenjouUtena posted:

Awesome thread, I just got caught up. Way to stick with it!

Second, can I claim the Soryu? We'll show those dirty Americans what for!
Thanks!

Yep:

Good luck.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

July/August 1940, Axis impulse 6, attacks and results:

Naval movement:
-Japan moved the carriers Soryu and Ryujo to the Bismarck Sea:

-Japan transported the naval bomber unit to Truk:

Naval combat:
-Germany flips a sub unit face down in the North Sea to search for the Allied ships.

A d10 roll of 2 or less is needed to succeed. The Axis d10 roll is a 4. The Allies d10 roll is a 4. The Allies are the units in the 4 box are the only units that are successful. They will include only the German sub unit in the 1 box. The Allies will have 3 surprise points. (4+4) - (4+1)

Since the Allies are the only side to have aircraft, and the aircraft have no air-to-sea factors, they will not change the combat to naval air and leave the combat as a surface combat. The attacking Allied aircraft have no air-to-sea factors.

The Allies have 16 surface factors agains the 1 German sub; the initial result is 2 damaged and 1 abort. They will spend 2 surprise points to increase the result to 1 sunk result.
The Axis has 1 surface factor against 8 ships. The initial result is 1 abort.

The Axis take the sink result on the single sub in the 1 box. Her defense value is 8. The d10 roll is a 7, she sinks.

The Allies take the abort result on the Cardiff. Her defense is an 8. The d10 roll is a 7, she is aborted to Plymouth.

The Axis has no remaining face up units in the North Sea. The combat there ends.

-Germany flips a sub unit in the 2 box in the Bay of Biscay face-down to search for the Allied units:

The Axis d10 roll is a 6. The Allies d10 roll is a 10. Neither side finds the other.

-Italy flips a sub face down in the 2 box of the Cape St Vincent to search for the Allies:

The Axis d10 roll is a 2. The Allies d10 roll is a 5. The Axis are successful, the Allies needed a 4 and are not successful.

The Axis units will attack the convoy points in the 0 box. The Axis have a total of 8 sub factors against 10 ships (19 convoy points). The Axis will have 6 surprise points. (3+5) - (2+0).

The initial Axis result is 1 sunk and 1 damaged result. They will spend the 6 points to increase their result to 2 sunk results and 1 damaged result.

The Allies will take the losses, which are 5 total points, on the 2 Greek oil tanker units, and 3 idle Norwegian oil tankers. (The Allies have the spare tankers to replace them right now)

Each side will remain. The Axis units will search again. The Axis d10 roll is a 7. The Allies d10 roll is a 1. Only the Allies are successful. The Allies are successful with all of their units. They will attack the sub unit in the 3 box. The Allies will have 6 surprise points. (7+3) - (1+3)

The Allies will have 19 surface factors against 1 ship. Their initial result is 2 damaged and 1 abort. The Allies will spend 4 surprise points to increase their result to 1 sunk and 1 damaged.

The Axis have 2 surface factors against 5 ships. Their initial result is 1 damaged. The Allies will spend 2 surprise points to decrease that to 1 abort.

The Allies attack result is applied to the sub unit in the 3 box.

The unit is sunk, as succeeding on a sunk result would leave the unit damaged, and applying another damage result will destroy the unit.

The Axis attack is applied to the Yugoslavian ship. Her defense value is an 8; the defense roll is a 1. She is aborted to Gibraltar.

Each side will remain. The Axis d10 roll is an 8. The Allies d10 roll is an 8. Neither side finds the other. The combat ends.

No strategic bombing or carpet bombing missions are done.

No ground strike missions are flown.

Land movement:
-Japan moves two units in China:

-Italy moved two land units in northern Italy:

-Germany moved land units in central Germany to the east:

No units were debarked from a sea zone.

No amphibious invasions are made.

No paradrops are done.

No land combat is done.

Aircraft rebases:
-Germany rebased two units to Norway:

-Italy rebased an aircraft unit to Albania:

-Germany rebased three units in the Balkans:

-Germany rebased one unit to Poland:

The end of turn roll cannot be achieved by the Axis, as they did not pass with any nations. The d10 roll would have to equal a 0.

The impulse marker was flipped to the Allies side.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

July/August 1940, Allies/Communists impulse 6, planning:

Commonwealth will choose a combined impulse. They will have 2 naval moves, 5 air missions, 1 rail move, 3 land moves, and 1 land attack.

All other nations will choose to pass to attempt to end the turn. A d10 roll of 1 will end the turn at the end of this impulse.

Commonwealth plans to sail the 2 oil tankers from Liverpool to the Cape St Vincent:

Commonwealth plans to sail the 1 idle Norwegian oil tanker from the Cape Basin to the Mozambique Channel:

Commonwealth plans to move the militia unit in Norway and attack the Finnish unit on the Norwegian coast, with support from the ships in the North Sea:

Commonwealth plans to move the two units in Egypt to the south:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Is there no restriction on Finnish basing?

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Is there no restriction on Finnish basing?

They are a fully cooperating minor ally with Germany, they can move into any German controlled area; attack any nation's units at war with Germany, and trace supply back to Germany or Finland. They cannot move into a hex controlled by Italy, Japan, or other minor country ally of Germany unless they meet the foreign troop rules and include a German HQ or their own HQ unit.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 24, 2015

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

will_colorado posted:

They are a fully cooperating minor ally with Germany, they can move into any German controlled area; attack any nation's units at war with Germany, and trace supply back to Germany or Finland. They cannot move into a hex controlled by Italy, Japan, or other minor country ally of Germany unless they meet the foreign troop rules and include a German HQ or their own HQ unit.

Nah, it would have to be Mannerheim - the HQ has to be of that country's nationality.

RAW posted:

You satisfy the foreign troop commitment limit if there is at least one HQ from the unit’s original home country there (any Commonwealth HQ for Commonwealth units) and the total number of that country’s non-HQ units there is less than or equal to the total printed reorganisation values of the HQs.

There was a debate years ago on the WiF mailing list about the most worthless unit in the game. I maintain that it is the 0 factor air-to-air CW carrier plane, because the stupid thing still requires a 2BP pilot to use, but the general consensus was that it's the Uganda territorial. Since Uganda is surrounded by friendly countries, it can only leave Uganda if a neighboring country is conquered, or if a Uganda HQ accompanies it (even if WiF were modern-day, I don't think it would include a Ugandan HQ). And since Uganda is a landlocked country with no railroads, resources, or any halfway decent reason to go after it, all CW players would be happier if the unit weren't even available to be built.

e: You can get into a fun debate when discussing, say, the Polish units that can be added to the CW force pool in '42 - RAW says that those Polish units are 'treated as CW in every way', but then the FTC rule requires a HQ from the 'unit's original home country', which is Poland. Can they enter, say, USSR home country with Alexander?

By 'fun debate' I mean 'group destroying hate-fest' unless it's undertaken as a purely academic exercise and the entire Soviet line is not out of supply if they're not allowed in :v:

Corsair Pool Boy fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jul 24, 2015

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

July/August 1940, Allies/Communists impulse 6, attacks and results:

Declarations of war:
The Allies/Communists make no declarations of war this impulse.

Naval movement:
-Commonwealth moved 1 oil tanker to the Azanian Sea:

-Commonwealth moved 2 oil tankers from Liverpool to the Cape St Vincent:

No naval combat is done.

No strategic bombing or carpet bombing missions are done.

Land movement:
-Commonwealth moved the two units in Egypt to the south:

-Commmonwealth moved one unit in Norway:

No units were debarked from a sea zone.

No paradrops are done.

Land combat:
-Commonwealth attacks the Finnish unit in Norway:

The Commonwealth is attacking with 9 against the Finnish defense of 6. The Axis will not use ground support aircraft. The Allies are receiving 9 shore bombardment factors from their ships in the North Sea. The Allies are attacking with a combat ratio of 3:1. The combat roll modifier is +6. There are no additional modifiers on the combat roll. Germany will defend on the Blitz table. The 2d10 roll is an 11, increased to a 17. The result is a -/R. The Finnish unit retreats and one of the attacking units is flipped face down. The Allies take control of the hex. The attacking militia unit is flipped face down.

No aircraft rebases are done.

The turn will end on a d10 roll of 1. The d10 roll is a 4, decreased to a 3. The impulse marker is flipped to the Axis side and moved up 1 space on the impulse track.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Feral_Shofixti posted:

e: You can get into a fun debate when discussing, say, the Polish units that can be added to the CW force pool in '42 - RAW says that those Polish units are 'treated as CW in every way', but then the FTC rule requires a HQ from the 'unit's original home country', which is Poland. Can they enter, say, USSR home country with Alexander?

By 'fun debate' I mean 'group destroying hate-fest' unless it's undertaken as a purely academic exercise and the entire Soviet line is not out of supply if they're not allowed in :v:

The Polish units-in-exile are CW units until Poland is liberated by either the Communists or Allies. It would be the same as moving CW units into the USSR, if the USSR is not at war with the west. They would fall under the foreign troop rules for normal CW units.

The most useless units are probably those 0 cost carrier planes, or that Ar-68 fighter the Germans can start with.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 26, 2015

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

I'd like to claim the Cumberland or Berwick, if still around/unclaimed.

The OP could use links to later turns.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

rchandra posted:

I'd like to claim the Cumberland or Berwick, if still around/unclaimed.

The OP could use links to later turns.

Currently at sea in the Bay of Biscay:

OP updated with the starts of turn links.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

will_colorado posted:

The Polish units-in-exile are CW units until Poland is liberated by either the Communists or Allies. It would be the same as moving CW units into the USSR, if the USSR is not at war with the west. They would fall under the foreign troop rules for normal CW units.

The most useless units are probably those 0 cost carrier planes, or that Ar-68 fighter the Germans can start with.

Ah, I agree with you in spirit, but the unit's ORIGINAL home country is Poland, even if they are treated as CW units...

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

July/August 1940, Axis impulse 7, planning:

Weather:
There is a +1 to the current weather roll. The d10 roll is a 1, increased to a 2. There is rain in the north monsoon; clear weather in all other areas.

The turn will end on a d10 roll of 1.

Declarations of war:

Germany will choose a land impulse. They will have no naval moves, 4 air missions, 3 rail moves, unilimited land moves, and unlimited land attacks.

Germany plans to move units and attack the British HQ in Norway:

Germany plans to rail unit the garrison unit from Paris and move the remaining garrison unit:

Italy plans to sail the transport to the Italian coast and embart the infantry unit:

Italy will plans to move the unit in Albania to the south:

Germany plans for moving units through Poland:

Germany will plan to rail move Von Bock's HQ unit to Poland:

Germany plans to move the AA gun unit to the east:

Germany plans to rebase aircraft units in the Balkans:

Italy will plan to rebase an aircraft from central Italy:

Japan will plan to move the motorized unit in China:

Italy plans to search for the Allied shipping in the Bay of Biscay:

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Feral_Shofixti posted:

Ah, I agree with you in spirit, but the unit's ORIGINAL home country is Poland, even if they are treated as CW units...

They are British units until Poland is liberated. They are in the Commonwealth force pools until then.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

July/August 1940, Axis impulse 7, attacks and results:

There is rain in the north monsoon; clear weather in all other areas.

The turn will end on a roll of a 1.

Naval movement:
-Italy moves the transport to the Italian coast:

Naval combat:
-Italy flips a submarine face down in the 1 box of the Bay of Biscay:

A d10 roll of 1 is needed to be successful. The Axis d10 roll is an 8. The Allies d10 roll is a 5. Neither side finds the other.

No strategic bombing or carpet bombing missions are flown.

Rail movement:
-Germay rail move the garrison from Paris to Lorient:

-Germany rail moves Von Bock's HQ from northern France to Danzig:

Land movement:
-Japan moved the motorized unit in China:

-Italy embarked the infantry unit in Bari to the transport in the Italian Coast:

-Italy moved the infantry unit from Albania to the south to capture the Greek port of Korkyra:

Since its cost 2 movement points per mountain hex and the unit only has 3, the unit is flipped face down to move into the second hex.

-Germany moved the garrison unit in France one hex north:

-Germany moves the AA unit in central Germany to the east:

-Germany moved land units in Poland east:

-Germany moved Saint Celestine's DAK armor unit to the north:

-Germany moved OperaMouse's Alpine unit in Norway to the south:

-Finland embarked Illegal Username's unit to the amphibious unit in the Baltic:

Debark land units from a sea zone:
-Finland debarked Illegal Username's unit to Kristiansand:

No paradrops are done.

Land combat:
-Germany attacks the British HQ unit in southern Norway:

Germany is attacking with 22 combat factors against the Allies 5. The Allies are using 2 points of shore bombardment to increase their result to 7. Germany is flying dylguy90's unit and the other bomber to attempt 6 points of ground support. The Allies are flying in the two fighters off the carrier.

Germany is at +2 on the combat chart. The Alleis are at -1. The carrier planes only provide a +0.1 backup support for each unit. The Allies 2d10 roll is an 11, which clears through the first bomber. The Axis 2d10 roll is a 14, which aborts the first carrier plane.

Each side will remain. Each side is now at even on the air combat chart. The Allies 2d10 roll is a 13, which has no effect. The Axis 2d10 roll is a 13, which has no effect.

The next round of combat is the same. The Allies 2d10 roll is a 5 which shoots down dylguy90's Stuka. The Germany reserve pilot track is increased by 1 to 9. The Axis 2d10 roll is an 18, which shoots down the other carrier plane. The British pilot is lost.

The Germany attack value is 22 against the British value of 7. A combat ratio of 3:1. The Allies will defend on the assault table. The combat roll modifier is +6. The 2d10 combat roll is an 18 increased to the maximum of 23. The combat result is */2S. The HQ unit is destroyed. Germany takes control of the hex. The attacking units remain face-up.

Aircraft rebases:
-Germany rebased an aircraft unit in the Balkans:

-Italy rebased an aircraft unit from Albania:

-Germany rebased an aircraft from Paris to the coast:

If the end of turn roll is a 1, the turn will end.

The d10 roll for the end of turn is a 1. The turn will end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Don't worry dylguy90, we'll get you back up with a Luftwaffe squadron soon.