Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

TwoPair posted:

(source)
Just mod the Dril tweet to be about a full body T-shirt tat.
PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I always assumed from some of the lines from S1 that gem culture had been on Earth longer than human history and it was only in the last 10,000 years or so that the gems had become more war-like.

Pearl said something in the Lunar Sea Spire like "This was the center of gem culture" and in her little hologram thing there were gems just hanging around a fountain or some statuary, and while that really can be interpreted to mean just about anything, it always reminded me of ancient Greece or Rome where things had started out alright but then constant expansion and warfare started to take over for the more peaceful pursuits.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Moltrey posted:

And done.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

squidflakes posted:

I always assumed from some of the lines from S1 that gem culture had been on Earth longer than human history and it was only in the last 10,000 years or so that the gems had become more war-like.

Pearl said something in the Lunar Sea Spire like "This was the center of gem culture" and in her little hologram thing there were gems just hanging around a fountain or some statuary, and while that really can be interpreted to mean just about anything, it always reminded me of ancient Greece or Rome where things had started out alright but then constant expansion and warfare started to take over for the more peaceful pursuits.

Not to mention they were gonna activate that place with a Moon Goddess statue. Did ancient gem culture have a large religious element, and if it did, is it sorta gone now? Or is it still present on homeworld? Or maybe even the Crystal Gems practice it as well and just haven't passed it on to Steven, and we'll have an episode about the Spirit of Gem Christmas? :3:

Questions, questions.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope we see the SU's take on Life Day.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GLOSS posted:

Finally getting around to getting this, any suggestions for quotes other than "NO PROBLEM!"?

Noice.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

XboxPants posted:

Not to mention they were gonna activate that place with a Moon Goddess statue. Did ancient gem culture have a large religious element, and if it did, is it sorta gone now? Or is it still present on homeworld? Or maybe even the Crystal Gems practice it as well and just haven't passed it on to Steven, and we'll have an episode about the Spirit of Gem Christmas? :3:

Questions, questions.

But Steven celebrates Gem Christmas every year, because he is Gem Jesus. Rose is God the father mother, he's God the son...and Lion is the holy ghost.

Greg is the virgin...Greg.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

RandomPauI posted:

I hope we see the SU's take on Life Day.

I can see it now: Pearl coked out of her mind clutching onto Lion to stay upright. Garnet growling "have a a nice life day" into the camera.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Dmitri-9 posted:

I can see it now: Pearl coked out of her mind clutching onto Lion to stay upright. Garnet growling "have a a nice life day" into the camera.

And a live-action interlude about the Onions that's alright in a vacuum but incredible compared to what surrounds it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Connie stars in a cartoon introducing a new villain to her favorite book series, a mysterious man named BomaJett

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Rand Brittain posted:

...Steven is kind of a magic pixie boyfriend, isn't he?

Connie is a normal person in a Miyazaki film. Steven is her love interest.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

axleblaze posted:

If you can link me to the gif, I could probably make you an avatar in just a few miuntes.

Hey - I know I already got you to make me one avatar gif before that I didn't use, but I was wondering if you could make another one? I'm sure I want to use it this time. :downs:

The last one was kinda too big to fit in a 150x150 square, but this time I tested it and I'm pretty sure a combination of cropping & shrinking can get that to a good looking avatar gif. (if you want a guideline, this is what I came up with and I thought it looked decent http://i.imgur.com/peqjP7j.gif)

Thanks if you're up to it!

Moving on, let's have some Gem Fashion:
http://mimicteixeira.tumblr.com/

And some added tactical realism:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Quick, someone get an avatar of when Pearl leaps out of Steven's bed like an animal in Lion 3 so we can keep this silly SU avatar train going.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 22, 2015

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

XboxPants posted:

And some added tactical realism:

Peridot being driven slowly mad by a sticker as only the printed parts peel off, then she's got to scrape the backing paper off in bits, only to have to deal with the rolled up balls of adhesive that smear in to long dirty streaks. Truly, Earth's greatest weapon against gems like her is a sheet of Lisa Frank.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Moltrey posted:

Quick, someone get an avatar of when Pearl leaps out of Steven's bed like an animal in Lion 3 so we can keep this silly SU avatar train going.

Anyone?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Pearl's :D face is honestly kinda terrifying.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

Moltrey posted:

Pearl's :D face is honestly kinda terrifying.

Imagine that staring at you while you sleep.

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

XboxPants posted:

Questions, questions.

Or maybe the Moon Goddess Statue is a gem-powered artifact like Lapis's mirror :tinfoil: Something really powerful, like whomever Rose was fighting in that large engraving...

Culinary Bears fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Mar 22, 2015

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Someone combined Steven Universe and DBZ abridged, and I'm glad they did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WTLurgZSFI

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm kinda hoping that if the series lasts long enough to get a definite ending to the narrative that it will involve events between Homeworld and Earth gems escalating to such an extent that it replicates the conditions of the original war for earth... Only for Steven to prove how different him and Rose are by preventing the war through diplomacy instead of igniting the situation.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

also I need someone to make this gif avatar size if possible, I'd be very grateful

This image is huge so at best you can only get a section of it. I made this though and honestly I'd be surprised if I make a better SU Gif like ever.

XboxPants posted:

Hey - I know I already got you to make me one avatar gif before that I didn't use, but I was wondering if you could make another one? I'm sure I want to use it this time. :downs:

How's this?

By the way, I'm happy to make all these avatars for nothing simply because this is a cool show, you're mostly cool people and I like getting the photoshop practice. Still, if at any point anyone wanted to get me an avatar certificate for my roubles that would be nice. I will continue just making them either way though. :kiddo:

PS

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

axleblaze posted:

This image is huge so at best you can only get a section of it. I made this though and honestly I'd be surprised if I make a better SU Gif like ever.

How's this?

That looks great! So much better than what I could have done. I'll be switching to that when I get a chance, I know just the quote.

ahahahaha
I wasn't sure how this would fit as an avatar but this is awesome and creepy-funny.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

via http://neoduskcomics.tumblr.com/post/114289154257

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Someone combined Steven Universe and DBZ abridged, and I'm glad they did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WTLurgZSFI

When there's somethin weird
in your neighborhood
guess who it is

GHOST JASPER

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Whoah man is Steven Universe transgemdered?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

XboxPants posted:

Oh yeah, if there's anything you can count on for this show, it's every character being one-dimensional and never getting any development or growth.

(I mean hell even Onion got a character episode where they addressed why he's such a dick)

(the original inspiration, if you haven't seen it)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

axleblaze posted:

How's this?

By the way, I'm happy to make all these avatars for nothing simply because this is a cool show, you're mostly cool people and I like getting the photoshop practice. Still, if at any point anyone wanted to get me an avatar certificate for my roubles that would be nice. I will continue just making them either way though. :kiddo:

PS

thanks, that's awesome, now to wait till I have the money to afford claiming it as mine(wonder what I should put as the text to go with it?)

also that DBZA/SU mashup was hilarious

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Glazius posted:

Connie is a normal person in a Miyazaki film. Steven is her love interest.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Holy smokes. Any objections if I snag this when I get home from work and/or any suggestions for a good custom title to go with since 'NEW EPISODES :D' was my gut reaction?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
"See Rose? I'm just as good a lion as that upstart!"

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I would have went with The Major from Hellsing, but this is also great.

"Even but one of our Gems is more than a match for a thousand of their sad, sickly children!"

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

Whoah man is Steven Universe transgemdered?

i'm sorry im not gonna let this go unignored

this joke is loving abysmal. it doesnt even make sense in the context you put it in.

it's not even a groan-worthy pun.

loving feel ashamed of yourself.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Here, I made one without the CN logo because it was driving me nuts:

It's also framed slightly differently because there was no real reason to use the framing from the last one. This one is also a whole pixel by pixel bigger!

I spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to get rid of the logo manually before realizing that her hand goes through it making it kind of useless to get rid of that way. Of course just making the image from the ground up rather than editing the original GIF took me roughly 1/10th the time it took me to try and figure out a good way to get rid of the logo.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

How is Ponyo not Lapis? 0/10 unsubscribed.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
They're going to finally rerun the Jailbreak two-parter this weekend. Sweet.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

XboxPants posted:

Moving on, let's have some Gem Fashion:
http://mimicteixeira.tumblr.com/

This loving rules

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Meis posted:

loving feel ashamed of yourself.

Yeah, this. I don't understand the joke that you were trying to make, but I'm pretty sure it was punching down.

Glazius posted:

How is Ponyo not Lapis? 0/10 unsubscribed.

Because why the hell would Lapis ever want to be with Jasper, probably.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Peridot is not amused.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
Two things I'm wondering right now:

What warp pads are there in Canada

Is Peridot going to prioritize going after her ship or rescuing Jasper, and will we be able to see it given the Steven PoV thus far? Also what is she able to do to get along when she's not around any of her tech? I hope the "way more advanced" thing is maintained to some degree and she has some tricks that she didn't get a chance to bust out due to Steven countering her go-to weapon for gem combat.

Though I guess with more advancement could come greater gem specialization, leaving her substantially out of her element.

Flying-PCP fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Flying-PCP posted:

Two things I'm wondering right now:

What warp pads are there in Canada

Is Peridot going to prioritize going after her ship or rescuing Jasper, and will we be able to see it given the Steven PoV thus far?

Sounds like a recipe for a Buddy Romp to me! I could buy that Steven's got good enough defense skills that Peridot wouldn't be able to get rid of him and would be forced to tolerate his presence as he skips along with her through the Canadian outback.

• Locked thread