Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Just send Natalia to a therapist or have her go on an adventure with Sherry and Jake. "My adopted daughter has the memories and personality of an evil super scientist and overall jerk clawing to the surface, can you guys just hang out with her for a month?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Alex's device is a brain recorder. The T-Phobos was a method of proving that her prospective subjects had "overcome fear"; if they mutated, they clearly weren't future Wesker material.

They've got a cure for the T-Virus, since the "Daylight" project from the first Outbreak game is apparently canon, but even if you give Natalia a dose of it she's still got the problem of Alex living in her skull. It's a question of therapy and willpower.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Natalia would make a great villain for a theme-park-themed RE: a bouncy castle with nerve gas, a sea mine ball pit, various virus-shaped mascots, sluice gate fun.
And since Barry won't let anyone harm her anyway, they can just calm her down with a chocolate bar and bring her back in later games.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SelenicMartian posted:

Natalia would make a great villain for a theme-park-themed RE: a bouncy castle with nerve gas, a sea mine ball pit, various virus-shaped mascots, sluice gate fun.
And since Barry won't let anyone harm her anyway, they can just calm her down with a chocolate bar and bring her back in later games.
Kafka World

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

You know, this might be just because it's the one I've been most exposed to most recently, but I would say that this game has the most heart that any RE game has shown. My overall favourite is still RE4, but everything in it is so ridiculous that it can't really engage your emotions at all.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

And a giant Frankenstein-Lottie made out of various zombie parts.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

With plush depictions of human agony in the gift store! Pre-order T-Phobos, if you dare!

drat, there's a lot of those things
http://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/orderform/

Plush black death is the embodiment of :effort:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Thanks for showing this game off and getting me into it CJacobs. I had already been spoiled on the final boss of the story mode via raid mode, but I really love all the stuff that leads up to it and after it.

This is a great game, and I highly recommend people purchase it and play it themselves.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Revelations 2 never quite clicked for me. It's certainly the best RE game since... RE 5 though, I guess?

In any case I have enjoyed the LP; thanks, CJacobs.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Scaramouche posted:

You know, this might be just because it's the one I've been most exposed to most recently, but I would say that this game has the most heart that any RE game has shown. My overall favourite is still RE4, but everything in it is so ridiculous that it can't really engage your emotions at all.

I agree on all counts - I think part of it has to do with having a really balanced set of characters that can play off of each other pretty well in terms of their personalities. Moira's line there at the end was a great example of that :allears:

I'm pretty excited for the REmake of 2 though, that's the other one I really liked.

Tibby
Mar 24, 2004

happy bamboo cup
That was great! Loved watching you play this game, it's been a joyride! I will join my voice to the choir singing the praises for this last chapter, too, so much fun and action and explosives and and and...The return of Moira was not unexpected now, having seen the DLC, but drat if it wasn't satisfying to watch her empty her magazine into the she-Wesker. I loved the RPG bit towards the end there too, that "oh poo poo" look in Wesker's eyes was priceless!
Also this thread has delivered unto me the gift of REO Speedwagon. Who knows, it might come in handy someday?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Great job, CJacobs!

Although, thinking back on Alex's final form, where the hell did she get the parts for her spine? I don't think that got covered anywhere.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
The lab had nothing but tapes of MacGyver and she got some ideas

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

AradoBalanga posted:

Great job, CJacobs!

Although, thinking back on Alex's final form, where the hell did she get the parts for her spine? I don't think that got covered anywhere.

She ended up in a bunch of computers and mechanical lab poo poo when she transformed and they must've gotten wedged into her slinky spine.

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009
Excellent LP, and it makes me want to pick up the game now.

Also, sluice no longer sounds like a word to me anymore.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Lazy-rear end Claire showing up to battle in mom jeans and a pullover, so dumb. The haircut is okay I guess.

Raising a Wesker as a Burton? Natalia will be a fuckin' badass.

Great LP, the commentary was perfect.

AradoBalanga posted:

Great job, CJacobs!

That was T-Phobos, all of the creatures were bio-mechanical to some degree.

Victis fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 15, 2015

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
All Resident Evil orphans should have become Burtons, how much better would Sherry Burton be?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sherry Burton would just be Sherry except she would be the one piledriving the Ustanak instead of Jake. :getin:

So, plans for the rest of the LP: I currently plan on finishing out Raid Mode with Skippy while also occasionally dumping the unlockable stuff in a short series of posts, to keep the thread alive while I work on my next LP. I know I said it would be Alan Wake, and Skippy can confirm that we have been working on it if you poke him enough; But, my good friend Faerie Fortune and I have decided to do a run through of Dark Souls in which we discuss lore, game design, and the penis-based evolutionary arms race. So look forward to that, whenever we get around to posting it! Hopefully soon!

Unfortunately, this means that Alan Wake will have to wait quite some time because I want my LP schedule to be totally clear so I can focus on making the editing look as best as I possibly can, because I want it to be unique! As I said though, it is in the works. It's just not ready yet. I think the style I chose fits well with the game and takes what I learned editing-wise from the Spec Ops LP to a whole new level. Here are a few sneaky sneak preview examples.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 15, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm incredibly excited to see you do Alan Wake. It's one of my favorite games in terms of story and theming.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I enjoyed 1 section of that no good piece of poo poo game no one likes. And it was the Jake and Shery melee power hour. play it on easy and don't use any guns. It's a loving blast.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Those are cool but I would go easy on them? Or speed them up or something. I'm not sure if I could watch too much of that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Victis posted:

Those are cool but I would go easy on them? Or speed them up or something. I'm not sure if I could watch too much of that.

They're just examples of how the effects work, they go on longer than they actually would. And I do say in the tracking one that it'll be used very sparingly.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Those ending scenes are just so marvellously self-aware. Fairly sure this is RE completely embracing what it's supposed to be about for the first time since 4. Hell, they're even nonplussed at the traditional multi-form final boss... Everything from Barry and Moira's one-liners to Wesker's surprised face reflected in the rocket is just the perfect balance of silly and amazing.

edit:VVV Are both trapped in a lovely game that takes itself way too seriously 90% of the time. Okay, Wesker's VA is utterly fantastic at hamming it up, but he just doesn't get one-liner gems like Leon and Barry.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 15, 2015

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Chris "I punch volcano boulders" Redfield and Albert "Complete. Global. Saturation." Wesker.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
I don't know if it's just graphics technology improving congruently but all of these characters look like Sims.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Apologies for the lack of updates, Skippy is not on this continent right now (he fled Canada to avoid the sudden onset of incredibly dangerous wildlife armed with 50 .cal turrets that apparently live there, or so says Blind Sally) so there is kind of a drought of Raid Mode recordings at the moment. I've also been doin' some other LP stuff behind the scenes so updates in general are sparse. Soon, though!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX7HRcBc3BA

quote:

Subject exhibits general anxiety or anticipation, but sudden bursts of excitement present when confronted with items of attraction. Subject is inquisitive in regards to the future, questioning the process and what order the steps will fall into place; upon the subject's asking, answers were not given. In time the subject will come to understand that the future is fluid and though things may seem uncertain, such anxieties as the aforementioned are normal.

Subject enjoys cleanliness, "neat" surroundings. Items are organized and categorized and then categorized once more until a state of equilibrium is achieved. Brain activity then ceases almost completely for several hours. These periods of activity come in short bursts; subject is never conscious by normal cognitive standards and never retains much information for an hour or so before and after the low brain wave pattern (see the patient's chart for more details on the matter).

/////&##55 73 69 6e 67 20 65 76 65 72 79 20 6c 61 73 74 20 62 72 65 61 74 68 ###*&&#$#$#//###%%#///n the morning of 08/25, subject awoke screaming - unusual behavior by and large as the subject is relatively calm otherwise. Complained of pain in all extremities, a tightness of the chest, and a pounding headache. Appropriate sedatives were given to lull the subject into a state where they could be closer examined as their mental state brought seemingly uncontrollable physical lashing out.

Upon examination, the subject presented spotty, pus-filled boils along the body, reminiscent of the black death of ancient Europe. Adrenal glands were swollen. Subject's hypothalamus showed no unusual activity and pituitary gland function was normal. Subject was put into emergency sanitary chamber but condition did not improve. After 5 hours of sanitation cycles to remove excess pus from vital organs, subject's organ function ceased. Brain activity continued for several more hours seemingly uninterrupted by the death of its systems (see chart again for order of organ shutdown and notes).

Time of death 08/26, 1:27 a.m.
Subject name %%####///52 75 76 69 6b 20 4c 69 76 65 73 /##&#.
Subject number 51

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

I love Homestuck

:ssh: looking forward to it

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

tlarn posted:

I love Homestuck

:ssh: looking forward to it

I like Scruffys version of this ok, but I will be glad to see someone that knows what they're doing with the game break it over their knee. Please break it over your knee.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Will it be the hardest difficulty?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Will it be the hardest difficulty?

I might do a video or two on it but definitely not the main playthrough, considering you die in one hit. :v:

YOTC posted:

I like Scruffys version of this ok, but I will be glad to see someone that knows what they're doing with the game break it over their knee. Please break it over your knee.

I really like dscruffy1's LP and as I mentioned in that thread it's what got me to finally drop the money to buy the game and play it! Initially I was playing along with the LP and not spoiling myself but I just couldn't help it because I liked the game so drat much. :sweatdrop:

There is more fun in store before the LP actually starts, though.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 27, 2015

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Wanderer posted:

but even if you give Natalia a dose of it she's still got the problem of Alex living in her skull. It's a question of therapy and willpower.

So just like Alia in the later Dune novels then

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I'm sure by Resident Evil Revelations 4 Natalia will have overcome sharing her brain with a megalomaniac in some way that lets her piledrive zombies, it'd be pretty par the course for RE.

Also I finished watching this LP today and I really enjoyed it! I forgot this game existed and it's cool that it turned out to be really good and full of hero father figures and swearing women. Thank you, CJacobs. Although I did find out that Moira wasn't dead when I looked at the list of figurines and saw "Moira Survivor" in there, but hey, like anyone thought she was actually dead anyway.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Red Bones posted:

I'm sure by Resident Evil Revelations 4 Natalia will have overcome sharing her brain with a megalomaniac in some way that lets her piledrive zombies.

The best of all possible worlds and outcomes.

Wortpine
Oct 4, 2013

Aww yiss, really looking forward to this one. It's kinda hard to find well done LP's of survival horror games.

Tibby
Mar 24, 2004

happy bamboo cup

Wortpine posted:

Aww yiss, really looking forward to this one. It's kinda hard to find well done LP's of survival horror games.

Agreed, I'm in! Looking forward to this one here too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Surprise! I'm also doing this!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
So, I've got good and bad news. Skippy and I mutually decided that we aren't going to be doing any more Raid Mode videos. After the last one, I ran out of ideas for fun new things to show off, and I don't want it to become a boring series so I think it's better to just leave it as a short bonus feature. I showed off the majority of what Raid Mode is about and I think I did a good job of getting the gist of it across and it'd probably be in everyone's best interests to not drag it out for 6 or so more videos.

The good news is, that means I can finally start posting this game's bajillion unlockables! Here's a ton of concept art! (yeah I know it says 'enemies 4' twice, I lost the template so I'm not fixing it :sweatdrop:)

The unlockables found by opening up all of the military crates and gimmick boxes (as well as beating episodes in Countdown and Invisible Mode) come in the form of concept art. I think the concept art is pretty neat because it shows what the characters COULD have looked like or what they looked like during the initial design phase, compared to the final product. In some cases, like Claire's, you can see that the original character models sometimes looked quite a bit different. These are presented without quips from me and are hosted on Imgur because they're gigantic.

:siren:Please note before you scroll down that these are posted in the order they are listed in the game. This means that they will likely be spoilers unless you have finished watching the relevant videos. This includes enemies, characters, and unlockable costumes.:siren:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Oct 3, 2015

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Aww that's OK. Better to have nothing than the equivalent of "happy wheels episode 24,367". This is a good end to a great lp. Thanks again for showing it off! My life is better now knowing that Barry is badass.

And oh my gosh natalia's lottie outfit!!! With the widdle paws and tiny bun tail! I think I have diabetes from how sweet sure looks :allears: its too bad lottie was turned into a bear. Imagine a cute lil giraffe telling you hosed up things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Commandant Barrie is pretty rad.

• Locked thread