Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Elana loving cheats at videogames, theres no way Drake, an expert platformer couldnt easily beat her score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Elana loving cheats at videogames, theres no way Drake, an expert platformer couldnt easily beat her score.

Or Drake's doing badly on purpose.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
If there's one thing the voice direction in that scene captured perfectly, it was someone who is hopelessly lost at playing a game they know nothing about. That was Full Dad Mode, "Oh Cecil, captain of the Red Wings, it's time to watch the news."

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It's all those callouses from catching himself in mid-fall by gripping rusty iron bars — they get in the way of precise stick control and button mashing.

Delirare
Sep 27, 2015

JT Jag posted:

You know what? I've followed the LPs for every single one of these Uncharted games, and I've suspended my disbelief the entire time, but the one thing that has finally made me go "naaah, that's just not realistic" was Sam chucking a pistol from atop a building and Drake, hanging onto a sign atop an entirely different building, catching it with one hand.

For me it's more that they are climbing all over the place in those shoes. And yes, they might have magical tuxedo protecting overalls, but those shoes must look like hell after their trip getting into the building. And none of the snooty people at the auction even comment on that. Meh, action movie and all that.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Delirare posted:

For me it's more that they are climbing all over the place in those shoes. And yes, they might have magical tuxedo protecting overalls, but those shoes must look like hell after their trip getting into the building. And none of the snooty people at the auction even comment on that. Meh, action movie and all that.

For me it's the ability to grab onto both a pistol and a ledge at the same time. Drake must sweat superglue out his fingertips.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.

Tae posted:

Here's a depressing story about humanity related to that scene

Not defending that horrible playtester, but there are a couple instances later in the game that make me feel Naughty Dog didn't handle Nadine as well as they could. Unfortunately, like most of my criticisms of the game's writing, these won't be apparent until near the end of the game.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Mr. Highway posted:

Not defending that horrible playtester, but there are a couple instances later in the game that make me feel Naughty Dog didn't handle Nadine as well as they could. Unfortunately, like most of my criticisms of the game's writing, these won't be apparent until near the end of the game.

To be honest while I don't doubt that people like that exist, that story seems rather... incredulous? People don't talk like that in real life. But hey, no way of disproving it.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Onmi posted:

To be honest while I don't doubt that people like that exist, that story seems rather... incredulous? People don't talk like that in real life. But hey, no way of disproving it.

i wish they didn't talk that way in real life

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Onmi posted:

He probably paraphrased it, but there are actually people that lovely.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Remember all those times Elana was picking off headshots 100 yards away with a magnum

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Onmi posted:

Originally, I would have doubted it. After GGate? I'd believe it, no questions.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Remember all those times Elana was picking off headshots 100 yards away with a magnum

her name is Elena

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

morallyobjected posted:

her name is Elena

And she has... the killer instinct.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would give anything to hear Nolan North's best impression of Archer shouting LANAAAA

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Onmi posted:

Yeah, not only does that story make my BS radar goes off faster than an r/thathappened post, especially given Neil's previous incident of lying that FemFreq influenced Last of Us (Even though FemFreq only began when LoU was six months from launch), but part of me thinks its really unprofessional to smack talk ex-workers like that, even if no names are given.

Like you say though, there's no way of proving it did happen unless employee files get leaked or the tester comes out and says "Actually, I didn't say that at all, I left for different reasons."

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

GoneRampant posted:

Yeah, not only does that story make my BS radar goes off faster than an r/thathappened post, especially given Neil's previous incident of lying that FemFreq influenced Last of Us (Even though FemFreq only began when LoU was six months from launch), but part of me thinks its really unprofessional to smack talk ex-workers like that, even if no names are given.

Like you say though, there's no way of proving it did happen unless employee files get leaked or the tester comes out and says "Actually, I didn't say that at all, I left for different reasons."

GoneRampant posted:

I'm not a huge fan of how Nadine's boss fight is handled, though that's simply because I detest the "Playable boss fight that the player has to lose," cliche. Surely Naughty Dog could have done a cutscene where Nate gets a lucky shot in and takes Nadine down, only for some goons to come in and for him to have to jump out the window. As it stands, it just felt to me like artificially making Nadine look more badass when she hasn't really earned those credentials.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

:siren: I'm putting the kibosch on this derail because I can tell it's about to go to some bad places.

And Gex wouldn't approve of that.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

If I had any video editing skills I would take a lot of the Grexby art and super impose it on the wedding album and vacation camera

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I love when watching a 100% unrelated video on YouTube decides to show me the final part of someone else's play through of Uncharted 4' complete with spoilers in the title.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I think that it would be difficult for Nadine to fight Gex because Gex is a lizard and a gecko, so he could just stay high up on the walls where she can't reach him and it will be difficult for her to punch him.

Also, would it be awkward for her to just, I dunno, punch a lizard? I'm pretty sure that would be a factor in that fight. I know I'd find it awkward to punch a gecko. That would be super weird, and I wouldn't want to do it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

bman in 2288 posted:

I think that it would be difficult for Nadine to fight Gex because Gex is a lizard and a gecko, so he could just stay high up on the walls where she can't reach him and it will be difficult for her to punch him.

Also, would it be awkward for her to just, I dunno, punch a lizard? I'm pretty sure that would be a factor in that fight. I know I'd find it awkward to punch a gecko. That would be super weird, and I wouldn't want to do it.

Well, I think she'd just... bring a gun. Not very sporting but Gex CAN breathe fire.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Onmi posted:

Well, I think she'd just... bring a gun. Not very sporting but Gex CAN breathe fire.

Good point.

Alas, poor Gex. I was aware of his existence.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Gextra Life and my computer exploding means we ran out of backlog. While we get back to it, have some other content in the mean time!

Podbean / RSS / iTunes / Stitcher / Google Play Music

Episode 8: The Magic Kingdom Alaina brings us to the Most Magical Place on Earth, Magic Kingdom Park in the Walt Disney World Resort. We learn about the park's inception and development, and follow a number of notable attractions from opening day to the present. Does the Magic Kingdom have a unique identity, or is it just Disneyland 2? How does something so compelling come from the collision of family passion and profit-seeking? Is there really any hope they'll give us a free vacation for saying mostly nice things?
Supplemental 1: More letters, some outtakes, very cute

Episode 9: Haymarket Grant takes a turn at Chicago tragedy with the Haymarket Affair. In May 1886 a bomb was thrown, igniting a shootout that killed over a dozen people and changed the fight for workers' rights forever. Can equality be gained in a system run by those who profit from inequality? Are the voices of the dead louder than those of the living? While we don't know who started the fight, can we even know who won in the end?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Just wrapping up listening to the Haymarket epsiode! Talk about patronage and politics in that age reminded me of Plunkitt of Tammany Hall, a collection of talks given by a Tammany Hall man. New York and not Chicago, but Plunkitt is so jovial in his tone that it almost makes you forget how much living in the late 1800s must've blew. Much like a pirate, having a dramatic flair will cover for a good bit of villainy.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
I can see why Nadine didn't bother to bring a sidearm to the auction. She has two guns already!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Necroskowitz posted:

I can see why Nadine didn't bother to bring a sidearm to the auction. She has two guns already!

She also probably should go to the veterinarian, because her pythons are sick!

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It's just like photography, but with more recoil.

C.M. Kruger fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 14, 2016

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

CJacobs posted:

She also probably should go to the veterinarian, because her pythons are sick!

She might be allergic to something in the antipasti because she's looking pretty swole.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

C.M. Kruger posted:

It's just like photography, but with more recoil.

Maybe I should take some of my photographer friends to the range...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I caught this on the Gex stream and thought everyone needed to see it.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Is there a place where the Gextralife stream art will be compiled?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

thechosenone posted:

Is there a place where the Gextralife stream art will be compiled?

http://imgur.com/a/j5Kg2

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Spectacular. Or should I say... GEX-tacular???

No.

No, I shouldn't.

NeruVolpi
Apr 23, 2016
I'm starting to get pretty attached to this LP, specially since last double episodes.

My only concern is: will there be enough Sully next episode?

Can we start spamming Sully non-rule-34 art in this thread to avoid abstinence if that is not the case?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
All sully art is :nws: if you look closely enough. But I agree, more Sully is always a good thing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I am absolutely down for fanart.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Sully in highschool?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

double nine posted:

Sully in highschool?

anime high school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeruVolpi
Apr 23, 2016
If 30 is anime old. Sully would be anime ancient but advanced and unsurpassable technology.

• Locked thread