Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
It's obvious that Belichick and Brady are still cheating. Take away wins and rings until they stop. Or, hell, just ban them from the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol stop guys it's like taking candy from a baby

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

There was no audio of the game at the bar I was watching at so I had no idea it was Phillips until they came in for the close-up

When it came back, I thought Kubiak fainted again since he has a history of that

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
I'll trust Bill B. with his decisions. I think he has proven he knows what he is doing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lets ask the german guy terrified that immigrants will raise his taxes about economics

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol stop guys it's like taking candy from a baby

I feel this is where I should point out that Brian Hoyer was the Patriots's backup QB when Ryan Mallett was drafted and.. stayed the backup, with Mallett being a waste of a roster spot his rookie year.

Mallett was then the backup for two years and then traded for a conditional 7th.

A really lousy use of a 3rd round draft pick all in all.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Alaois posted:

lets ask the german guy terrified that immigrants will raise his taxes about economics

:eyepop:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

GaussianCopula posted:

You have to have a backup QB, he was our backup QB on a cheap rookie contract and got flipped for a pick at the end of his contract. If you don't use a rookie, you have to pay a veteran QB money, e.g. the Jaguars have Chad Henne for 5mil in cap space this year as their backup QB.

Again, it's all about economics.
14/88

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

I feel this is where I should point out that Brian Hoyer was the Patriots's backup QB when Ryan Mallett was drafted and.. stayed the backup, with Mallett being a waste of a roster spot his rookie year.

Mallett was then the backup for two years and then traded for a conditional 7th.

A really lousy use of a 3rd round draft pick all in all.

Yeah, he had literally NONE of the qualities a QB needs except "is tall" and "can throw an oblate spheroid far away." He was a lazy rear end in a top hat meth head with the IQ of a boiled peanut, and no accuracy or touch whatsoever.

He was so bad that the Texans trading a conditional 7th for him was hilariously, gratuitously stupid as all gently caress - but of course the Pats had spent a 3rd to get him in the first place. So yeah.

Also:

Alaois posted:

:drat:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alright, we need time to reload on hot Jamie Collins takes, so instead let's talk about how this isn't a catch:

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CwHv9H-WEAAPYPF.mp4

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Intruder...one more week on the pile if you please.

Jags will crush the Chiefs.

If you just want an excuse to stop posting on SA so much, why don't you just post a ban-me goatse thread like a normal person.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

big juicy nectarine posted:

If you just want an excuse to stop posting on SA so much, why don't you just post a ban-me goatse thread like a normal person.

That would be very unjust so no. Besides I'm still a top fifteen poster in TFF so until I start sliding, I'm here for life.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

That would be very unjust so no. Besides I'm still a top fifteen poster in TFF so until I start sliding, I'm here for life.

15th out of 15 ain't that great.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

Alright, we need time to reload on hot Jamie Collins takes, so instead let's talk about how this isn't a catch:

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CwHv9H-WEAAPYPF.mp4

That was so loving stupid, but the only reason I really cared that they ruled it incomplete was because of fantasy football. So yeah.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

15th out of 15 ain't that great.

There's like thirty here at any given time. I used to be top ten but I lost some face after the Chiefs betrayed me :shrug: it happens.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Parmesan Basil posted:

There are rankings here?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That was quick:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/793186323976822785

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Again, it's all about economics.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Montgomery looked good when in the backfield and now no seventh round pick needs to be given up.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Marshmallow Blue posted:

What Happened to Jamie Collins After He Pooped in Belichik's Coffee Machine? The Answer Will Shock You

Bill looked at the surprise and could only think of one team.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

man I really want to know what Collins did to deserve getting traded to the browns

especially since he was basically sent there for free

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

:geno:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cause what the patriots got for him was exactly what they'd get when he went fined elsewhere next year

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

evilweasel posted:

man I really want to know what Collins did to deserve getting traded to the browns

especially since he was basically sent there for free

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/793132194214490112

Not even other Patriots players expected this, so it had to be something that happened behind closed doors

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/JermichaelF88/status/793117222067589121

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Brannock posted:

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/793132194214490112

Not even other Patriots players expected this, so it had to be something that happened behind closed doors

He helped bury Odin

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Belichick found out Collins ordered him another Surface Pro for Xmas and fired him on the spot

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Has it been ruled out that Collins threw the dildo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

The CTE is kicking in early for Jermicheal.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Trade the current best wr for a corner that has played 1/4 of games since last year. Yep great trade.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

There are rankings here?

I have a personal ranking of posters. It's secret though, as I don't want to create undue drama on the forums.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The thing I don't get is: you're probably getting a third round comp pick from Collins walking anyway, is it worth it to miss him the rest of the season just to get that pick a year earlier?

e: Also I just noticed whoever made GC's avatar doesn't know how to spell Heroes

e2: And it appears that evilweasel beat me to that point

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 31, 2016

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ryan Mallett beat the Steelers so he's ok by me

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Dreadful

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

pubic works project posted:

The CTE is kicking in early for Jermicheal.

Oh god I feel so horrible for laughing

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Didn't realize Finley was retired because it's pretty lovely to throw a teammate under the bus like that

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Brockenstein posted:

The thing I don't get is: you're probably getting a third round comp pick from Collins walking anyway, is it worth it to miss him the rest of the season just to get that pick a year earlier?

:spergin: Actually you'll find that according to draft value charts, a pick next year is valued one round later than a pick this year!

But seriously I don't get it either.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm not actually sure if he's criticizing Cobb or just pointing out that the Packers have plenty of WRs and no corners.

I don't think trading (in any capacity) for Haden is a good idea, though. Randall and Rollins should be back in a couple games and Gunter is doing okay considering he's a very young UDFA going up against Julio Jones.

Shields is in all likelihood finished in the NFL and the Packers will need to draft a DB in the first this offseason... again.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sean10mm posted:

:spergin: Actually you'll find that according to draft value charts, a pick next year is valued one round later than a pick this year!

But seriously I don't get it either.

You were saying??

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/793196800454828032

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lmao

• Locked thread