Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

dsyp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
love too put my phone on the charge pad so it explodes and bends the permanently burnt-in screen

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
here is a video of gruber trying to impress some high school girls with his iphone x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpmnCIkxcSA

poty fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 4, 2017

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

nope I cannot do that, I can't hit play

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

yeah i flatly refuse to watch that

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

is this the after shot from one of those youtube channels that purposely breaks new apple products

maybe, but even if its not, im already seeing iphone x boxes being sold for $120 , or you could rent them - $15 for an instagram photo with the box

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Generic Monk posted:

yeah i flatly refuse to watch that

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://streamable.com/5k8w3 animoji

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

that gimmick got old before the phone was out

in fact it was old when that talking cat app was released

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Bulgakov posted:

nope I cannot do that, I can't hit play

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

"yeah u might have heard of me.... i run a pretty big apple blog *heavy breathing*"

"What's a blog?"

"it's like a vlog but with no video or audio component. can you believe they let those women and ethnic minority youtubers got to say that the notch isn't a big deal before i could?"

"Leave me alone."

"i made a notes app named after a loving cocktail"

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Nov 4, 2017

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
gruber decides to try and beat the YouTubers at their own game!!!

later:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/873264183281889281

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

booo

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
so how much does it cost under applecare to replace the back panel compared to the screen

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Generic Monk posted:

"i made a notes app named after a loving cocktail"

a notes app i never updated with a hosted component that i couldnt afford ten bux a month to support

yes, i do think im successful why do you ask

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/stroughtonsmith/status/926836824970072065

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
walp

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

also, the $1000 phone probably needs a screen saver

they’ve designed the ios ui around this. unless your leaving it on a single screen for hours at peak brightness it’ll be fine. the home bar and status icons change color and should be fine.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

so how much does it cost under applecare to replace the back panel compared to the screen

$99 with AppleCare+. they just replace the entire phone, though, not the back panel.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Biodome posted:

$99 with AppleCare+. they just replace the entire phone, though, not the back panel.

how much is ippleCare+

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

how much is ippleCare+

$199

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

how much is ippleCare+
you want that in AUD

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Kenny Logins posted:

you want that in AUD

whatever is left in your bank account and a knife

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Boiled Water posted:

whatever is left in your bank account and a knife

that's not a knife

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

:what:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

im curious when this happens because i type my lowercase i all the time in the 219 and all it does is correct it to stupid proper I

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

sleepwalkers posted:

they’ve designed the ios ui around this. unless your leaving it on a single screen for hours at peak brightness it’ll be fine. the home bar and status icons change color and should be fine.

..actually im kind of impressed that they put all these little tweaks into the iOS redesign, years in advance, that all subtly mitigate burn-in without any of them seeming too out of place: the status bar icon and text colors changing between white/black, the translucency effects for static backgrounds and app titlebars, even the parallax effect for wallpapers. i guess johnny ive hasn't shoved his head all the way up his own rear end after all :)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

poty posted:

here is a video of gruber trying to impress some high school girls with his iphone x

hahaha, what a dick

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

someone in the comments pointed out that he's trying to do youtube now because apple only gave early preview units to youtubers this year.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

So you have to put "i." with the period or are they really so sloppy as to use inconsistent punctuation w/ quotation style in the same line?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

..actually im kind of impressed that they put all these little tweaks into the iOS redesign, years in advance, that all subtly mitigate burn-in without any of them seeming too out of place: the status bar icon and text colors changing between white/black, the translucency effects for static backgrounds and app titlebars, even the parallax effect for wallpapers. i guess johnny ive hasn't shoved his head all the way up his own rear end after all :)

it’s almost like Apple knows what they’re doing :thunk:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

uncurable mlady posted:

it’s almost like Apple knows what they’re doing :thunk:

can i direct u to the macbook pro

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Why is there a google sucks thread but not an apple sucks thread or is this it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

actionjackson posted:

thisis 100% it

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i put off my 6s' free battery replacement for 2 years, got it done and now can probably get at least 2-3 years out of this phone

hopefully by then they bring back the headphone port so i don't have to buy an android

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

actionjackson posted:

this is the everything thread for apple. apple products just sometimes are good

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

maskenfreiheit posted:

i put off my 6s' free battery replacement for 2 years, got it done and now can probably get at least 2-3 years out of this phone

hopefully by then they bring back the headphone port so i don't have to buy an android

now that charging is wireless the lightning port is the headphone port

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
I’m glad they said how to pronounce “Qi” in the keynote so we do t have to suffer through John Fireball and Marco Overcast shakily mispronouncing it.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

you can crash most apple watches by asking Siri for the weather

future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

uncurable mlady posted: