Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I would watch all of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A bunch of them got illustrated too.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Did they remove the 2800 storylines for Disco peeps? Really wanted that Jem boff and gamma doffs? Not to mention the Jem armor set. :(

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
I'm not seeing pink lasers in your litany so I'm not sure you're missing out on anything really important.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

Did they remove the 2800 storylines for Disco peeps? Really wanted that Jem boff and gamma doffs? Not to mention the Jem armor set. :(

It doesn't give it to you automatically anymore but you can still get that one, the Drozana one, and some others from Admiral Quinn.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah they pulled out a bunch of stuff from the episode list and you need to go find the missions now. Saves you mashing the skip button on a bunch of old missions.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Okay cool I will check that out. Ran through the mission list with my disco alt and it seemed strange how it flowed.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
Do ground weapons with healing procs (e.g. fleet, colony, lukari rep, etc) roll often enough to make a difference? Trying to find a little more survivability now that advanced queues can actually pop.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
There's only one ground STF you should be playing and that's a foot race to the first boss room. Don't worry about the boss - if you don't approach him, he remains passive.

From there, give your team-mates quizzes on the literary works of Donald Trump, the history of the banana, or the merits of the dewey decimal system.

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

IPCRESS posted:

There's only one ground STF you should be playing and that's a foot race to the first boss room. Don't worry about the boss - if you don't approach him, he remains passive.

From there, give your team-mates quizzes on the literary works of Donald Trump, the history of the banana, or the merits of the dewey decimal system.

I make them pledge to vote for Hillary in 2020.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It's awfully convenient that in "Desperate Measures" within the Romulan Mystery storyline, all the Borg-weapons research is in one place, without an off-site backup, but I guess such things tend to be airgapped and safeguarded, and it's a video game.

Do they ever explain why the Borg could transwarp into a Federation colony, but not any other Federation-controlled system?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They're adding a fill all button to the rep pages. I might actually do them.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

galenanorth posted:

It's awfully convenient that in "Desperate Measures" within the Romulan Mystery storyline, all the Borg-weapons research is in one place, without an off-site backup, but I guess such things tend to be airgapped and safeguarded, and it's a video game.

Do they ever explain why the Borg could transwarp into a Federation colony, but not any other Federation-controlled system?

Originally it was because you'd find out in the endgame they weren't transwarping there, they were warping through time from the future. A string of the old special task forces were battling the launch of that invasion at level 50, then following the Borg through their time gate to cripple their forces in the past and destroy their vinculum in a secret underground base on the planet below - explaining why all the Borg ships and drones were crippled and new PCs could beat them in their tutorial.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
What are the odds a GM will magically move an unopened character bound one time use pack to another character ? I got the AoD starter bundle but claimed it on the wrong character (pack includes inventory slots & I got it on my maxed out main) :saddowns: . I submitted a ticket & am waiting now.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The Vault is a really annoying mission. I appreciate that they tried to build an area that's unique compared to the other zones, but things keep happening like respawning on the opposite side of the security door without realizing I'm trying to break into an area I'm supposed to break out of using clues on the other side of the door, and my shuttle keeps getting stuck near obstacles. When I logged out and logged back in later, I had to start over the lengthy portion inside the vault, so I decided to skip the mission. The Romulan Mystery storyline has been fun, though. I liked the gold decorations in Empress Sela's building.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 3, 2018

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

MREBoy posted:

What are the odds a GM will magically move an unopened character bound one time use pack to another character ? I got the AoD starter bundle but claimed it on the wrong character (pack includes inventory slots & I got it on my maxed out main) :saddowns: . I submitted a ticket & am waiting now.

I'd say you have a pretty good chance they would fix it for you since it's a minor issue. If you used that 1x Large (150,000) Experience Bonus Pool then they could probably say no because they are stingy assholes like that.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
Hello friends, it's been some time.

How is my most favorite/hated dead gay space game doing these days? I kinda stopped playing around Season 13-14ish, but been thinking of doing some Space Barbie and or shoting brog for some dumb reason.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FrostyJones posted:

Hello friends, it's been some time.

How is my most favorite/hated dead gay space game doing these days? I kinda stopped playing around Season 13-14ish, but been thinking of doing some Space Barbie and or shoting brog for some dumb reason.

Good news is, three or four months ago the game got a great DS9 themed expansion with some amazing missions.

Bad news is, CBS murdered anything else from that expansion in favor of new Discovery poo poo Cryptic was forced to scrape together at the last second.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
To be fair STD murdered the launch of CBS all access too. They're simply spreading the love.

Expect STD to be kicked out of a helicopter somewhere once the Picard & lower decks shows are ready to roll.

Not with Netflix money contributing though. They already got burned.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DancingShade posted:

To be fair STD murdered the launch of CBS all access too. They're simply spreading the love.

To be fairer, CBS:AA was always DoA, you can't blame Disco for that. It was just too badly conceived.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Are there actual numbers to back that up or are you just making assumptions?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Moon Slayer posted:

Are there actual numbers to back that up or are you just making assumptions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuMyfI_WM7E

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Lol this dude has to quit because he has like a million sexual harassment accusations, not because of STD

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Netflix refused to chip in for any season 2 financing after not getting the return they wanted from season 1.

Also CBS all access subscriber numbers went down after the first STD episode launched. The show that was supposed to promote it.

Anyone sane would take this mangy rooster of a flagship product out the back of the chook shed and snap its neck.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

That video was basically 100% assumptions by some YouTube rando citing clickbait articles. Also one of the segments was titled "Get woke, go broke" so, yeah.

I like Disco a lot and hope we get 7 seasons of it :).

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015
The preferred abbreviation for Discovery is actually DSC or Disco, not "STD" which has negative connotations

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Moon Slayer posted:

That video was basically 100% assumptions by some YouTube rando citing clickbait articles. Also one of the segments was titled "Get woke, go broke" so, yeah.

I like Disco a lot and hope we get 7 seasons of it :).

There are a lot of lovely fans that are pissed off that the main character had the audacity to be a woman and seem to think the show's main problem is that it's written by/for their own twisted conception of feminists and so called "SJW" stereotypes (instead of being about a ship full of unlikable war criminals, quite the opposite) I don't understand how someone can be so into Star Trek that they memorize every minute detail of poo poo like the warp drive, do stuff like play this stupid game and then arrive at those conclusions, but it's a thing that's happened and it's disgusting. If the show looked exactly like TOS but still had all the same awful writing and terrible characters, I wonder how many of those assholes would still be complaining.

I'm weary of any material that is made -in even the smallest degree- to appeal to the kind of moron that complains about Star Trek "getting political" because it finally included a stereotypical gay couple like they were a plot twist, but to my knowledge these videos avoid that poo poo and have typically been on the money. There's enough information floating around now to discern that STD did not perform to CBS's expectations. The fact that they announced The Picard thing without any writers or a real plan beyond "we got P Stew back!" smells like they want a back door to using the brand to prop up UPN All Access now that their big relaunch has floundered.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tighclops posted:

because it finally included a stereotypical gay couple like they were a plot twist,

And killed one of them before the first season was out. :v:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Disco trek will be looked back on as 'the good old days' once cbs is done with it, see 'rick and morty cartoon star trek' and poo poo they've got planned. No thanks

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
std nostalgia

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I haven’t watched STD, nor will I. The media hype for it was ridiculous. They were touting bullshit like “the first female captain!” Bitch, Janeway exists and was great. “First captain of color!” Motherfuckers, you did not just forget the Sisko, who was not only the first black captain, but also the best captain.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Mostly, you missed CBS trying to show how adult and mature Trek is by having cuss words, bare boobs, rape, people pissing, and a weapon that can destroy all life in all timelines and dimensions.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They didn't even do proper casual swearing, they had that dumb thing American shows do where they treat a swear like a major event.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Cythereal posted:

Mostly, you missed CBS trying to show how adult and mature Trek is by having cuss words, bare boobs, rape, people pissing, and a weapon that can destroy all life in all timelines and dimensions.

I think that’s more the fault of the marketing than the actual show, it’s somewhat more natural in the show itself.

Personally I quite liked it, and I think a lot of people really slagging off the show have forgotten how dire the first seasons of all the shows were bar TOS.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cythereal posted:

Sealab 2021 did all of these well.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Boy, I'm glad I stopped watching after the first few episodes because I just couldn't get into it, despite being having seen every other Star Trek show/movie/whatever like a hundred times. Sucks too because I want my Star Trek to be political, just, like, well-done political like Deep Space 9

I also bought Star Trek Online at launch for full price which was probably a mistake

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I stand by my statement that The Expanse is a better modern Trek style show than STD.

SNOT CORN posted:

Lol this dude has to quit because he has like a million sexual harassment accusations, not because of STD

That's what the video said at length. It talked about how tenuous STD's existence and especially the decisions he made on the series are going to be without his backing.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Coliseum is the best mission in the Romulan Mystery storyline. In a Star Trek TV show, rehashing old elements is a bad thing, but it adapts the multiple episodes involving coliseums and crew members being marooned into something new. Having a confusing number of Romulan-related factions --- the Romulan Star Empire, Romulan Republic, independent Tal Shiar, and the Remans --- was a little confusing at first, but this mission made up for it.

Star Trek has "let's you and them fight" political intrigue repeated throughout its run. This chronologically starts with Romulans pitting Vulcans against Andorians in ENT, on the scale of a few star systems, then it ends on a galactic scale with the Dominion tricking the Klingon Empire into attacking the Federation in DS9. The data on the console shows the Iconians taking it to the next level by conducting scientific studies about which alien species will hurt each other the most when forced to fight. I'm looking forward to finishing this.

I'm glad they cut out the Drozana Station missions from the Klingon War episode and put them in a separate area as sidequests. It was kind of weird that only a third of those missions involved Klingons, and at this point the series has so many alien factions that it's easiest to remember what's going on when missions on the same topic are kept together sequentially.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

galenanorth posted:

Coliseum is the best mission in the Romulan Mystery storyline.

:staredog:

Oh god you're right. When that mission came out it was torture but that might have been a function of the launch era ground combat.

I'd argue the one where you kill boss Tal Shiar dude with borg face is better from a game play and pacing perspective but I get what you mean re: authenticity to the inspiration material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Honestly the only real problem Coliseum has it that it should have been two missions, probably splitting up before and after the escape. It's just a super long slog as it is, and I'm pretty sure it's the longest mission by a good margin, except maybe one or two of the Dyson sphere ones.

Well, the only problem aside from horrible scripting bugs, but that's a given for every old mission.