Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
That Banner 2 is definitely worth saving mythril for. Banner 1 has good delita stuff, but the Orran USB seems to be a bit of a wet fart, mainly because I've soured on breaks lately(granted, there IS the possibility I may not be using them right. I kinda feel even using multiple breaks lately is kinda underwhelming). The magic blink and instant cast are pretty neat, though.

I do hope that eventually there's justice for breaks.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I have some questions after barely scraping a sub-30 on FFT's D280 last night.

What does Montblanc's USB debuff stack with? It's ATK/DEF/MAG/RES/MND Down, does that mean it stacks with Full Break since that doesn't hit MND? What about Montblanc's LMR, which is STR/MAG/MND Down?

How does Ability Double interact with W-Cast materias? If I'm using TGC's USB and he has 15% chance to Dualcast Knight abilities from RM, does he get one chance per round, or two, since it consumes two hones of whatever he's using?

Either way I'm very happy with myself for even managing the 280 considering how long I've been playing. Seeing the Realm Chain hit 250% was a hoot.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Armitage posted:

That Banner 2 is definitely worth saving mythril for.

I wonder if that might be in response to the backlash JP apparently had to the last six months, it's pretty much everything you need for the torment in one neat package - vs the last two FFT banners where even pulling on both you might not have enough.

Hope they make these tightly focused torment banners for the other realms too going forward.

By the way, anyone temped by the FFV banners hitting soon now should weight them against the next V event, especially banner 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/8gxq85/peace_seeking_maiden_jp_relic_draw_thread_v/

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jul 26, 2018

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I have some questions after barely scraping a sub-30 on FFT's D280 last night.

What does Montblanc's USB debuff stack with? It's ATK/DEF/MAG/RES/MND Down, does that mean it stacks with Full Break since that doesn't hit MND? What about Montblanc's LMR, which is STR/MAG/MND Down?

How does Ability Double interact with W-Cast materias? If I'm using TGC's USB and he has 15% chance to Dualcast Knight abilities from RM, does he get one chance per round, or two, since it consumes two hones of whatever he's using?

Either way I'm very happy with myself for even managing the 280 considering how long I've been playing. Seeing the Realm Chain hit 250% was a hoot.

It stacks with everything that's not those specific combinations of debuffs, so yes it'll stack with both of those.

W-Cast materias are only checked for the first ability use. It means that he does have a chance of triplecasting (or even quadcasting if you get his LMR), but you don't have separate checks for the materia triggering.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

aw beans, that's a disappointment on orran's kit. i was hoping for a mage as good as orlandeau is a bruiser. has it dropped what his usable skills are yet?

Andante
Jul 3, 2008
Man, Orran is really blah. FFT already has two white mages (Alma and Ovelia) and a bunch of support users.

Are there any book-type weapons that focus on MND?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Ellara USB, and future USB2 and Glint.

More specifically, Ellara is MND/MAG, Tyro is ATK/MAG with some MND, and Alph is MAG with some MND.

A White Mage with Haste/IC3 is sort of interesting though. Is this our first one? It lets you get an Instant Hastega at the minimum which is sorta interesting, and an instant Imstant Cast spreader.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

NGDBSS posted:

Does FF5 have any speed tech to speak of beyond Sheepsong? I barely got sub-30 on the 280 Torment and (as with FFT) I can't bring along Relm/Aphmau/Noctis without shooting myself in the foot.

For hastega you've got Lenna's old uSB, Gogo's SSB, and Galuf's USB. Your only options for cast speed buffs are Krile's SSB (magic QC3) and CSB (QC2). And the only character who can use ACM is Gogo.

Also you can actually have up to 2 non-realm characters for 280 without much trouble. You only lose some elemental weakness and break vulnerability, but the boss doesn't get any damage reduction.

DWhale is where you absolutely need a full realm party.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 26, 2018

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the deal with the 280 torments is they're supposed to be easier than the first level of magicites, right? or are they supposed to be harder

Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!
In practice they're about on par with 4*s but made easier with a guaranteed chain and the fact that breaks are worth a drat again. D??? is generally harder than 5* magicite.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fister Roboto posted:

For hastega you've got Lenna's old uSB, Gogo's SSB, and Galuf's USB. Your only options for cast speed buffs are Krile's SSB (magic QC3) and CSB (QC2). And the only character who can use ACM is Gogo.

Also you can actually have up to 2 non-realm characters for 280 without much trouble. You only lose some elemental weakness and break vulnerability, but the boss doesn't get any damage reduction.

Better yet, your only real physical buffing options are the ATK/MAG SBs (Dorgann SSB, Gogo SSB, Galuf USB), the two Nuchains (Gilgamesh/Galuf), and Lenna's old unique. For magic you've got the aforementioned ATK/MAG and Sheepsong. Your instant medicas are literally nonexistent since Lenna's USBs are normal cast time and there are no other realm white mages as far as SBs go.

For as good as FF5's DPS is, its supportive/healing situation is goddamn hideous.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

No other white mages, but Kelger's SSB is an instant medica with pblink. :D

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

I was speculating on DWhale for a rainy day scenario as I'd already cleared 280, remember? :v: My current go-to setup for 280s is to bring four in-realm characters plus one of the aforementioned instacast characters as an Entrust target. I'd forgotten about ACM as I find it tricky to fit in, but evidently if I ever do try I will also need some help from chasers and other newer DPS boosts.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
I got D280 down just under the wire

Philouza posted:

I thought I was set up pretty well for an earth run even before I pull a couple times for Bartz stuff.
Bartz: USB, Earth BSB, LMR, LM1/2
Galuf: USB (finally time to shine!)
Dorgann: USB and BSB
Lenna: BSB2
My final slot is less obvious: Faris (Unique, BSB1) can debuff, Gilgamesh (BSB) can dispell and Exdaeth (USB) can heal and Meltdown.

Isn't it sad Galuf couldn't make it here? Even with the en-earth from his USB and a +Earth weapon, Kelger with no relics out-damaged him with Ninja abilities. I had Exdeath on permanent dispel duty since Protect/Shell/Haste comes fast and furious when you're trying to sub-30 it. I suppose Galuf could perform the same role, but I also have an old mblink SSB for Exdeath. Dorgann started with his BSB to replace the boost left from Galuf's USB.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

I've done the math myself, but I'd just refer you to the damage calculator. It's a lot easier than figuring it all out in your head and it's usually pretty accurate!

Well that's useful, maybe I should have read the OP more closely when this new thread was started. Thanks!

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Pulled three times, got Krile BSB2, Bartz BSB, Galuf LMR x2

gently caress this game

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
One pull got me Bartz USB2, Glint, and Krile LMR.

I was going for the earth chain but I'm certainly not complaining. Is Bartz's USB2 a straight upgrade from USB1?

Reddit says: USB1 is slightly better with no other considerations. USB1 is a lot better when a chain is involved. USB2 overtakes USB1 when sources of fast cast are available, and has it's oveflow hit at the end, which offers utility on 5* magicite. But they are very comparable it seems.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 27, 2018

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
1 x 11: Bartz GSB

I feel like I've gotten 1 rainbow/11 for my last 7 pulls :(

Is Bartz worth a dive with GSB only? Maybe I will wait until I get enough mythril for 1 more pull.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

No dupes need some bartz tech here we go!

1/11 galuf BSB
1/11 Lenna lmr

Welp. I don't think I'm gonna do more than log in and collect the daily myth for a while. gently caress this game.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

1/11 Bartz gsb. Not the worst 1/11 possible but my luck has been poo poo recently. Still it's a strong relic though I don't know how well it sticks with USB1.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

PneumonicBook posted:

One pull got me Bartz USB2, Glint, and Krile LMR.

I was going for the earth chain but I'm certainly not complaining. Is Bartz's USB2 a straight upgrade from USB1?

Reddit says: USB1 is slightly better with no other considerations. USB1 is a lot better when a chain is involved. USB2 overtakes USB1 when sources of fast cast are available, and has it's oveflow hit at the end, which offers utility on 5* magicite. But they are very comparable it seems.

I went 1/11 for Bartz USB2 and already have USB1, is there any utility to building up enough SB gauge to drop both sequentially (maybe with an entruster), then just spellblade away?

Still no chain.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Pulled once, went 1/11 Faris BSB2, took it as a sign to wait until the next V event.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Benthalus posted:

I went 1/11 for Bartz USB2 and already have USB1, is there any utility to building up enough SB gauge to drop both sequentially (maybe with an entruster), then just spellblade away?

Still no chain.

I think that's my plan. Going to bring him to a couple jump starts to see how it feels.

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

1/11 with Bartz USB2 and Lenna USB2. Probably going to pull once more since my FFV synergy is poor.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Did two pulls for butt stuff.

1/11 Lenna USB
1/11 Lenna LMR

I actually use Lenna a lot so it’s not complete poo poo, but I would’ve appreciated a little bit more than that.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

HOLY gently caress ALWAYS PULL

Missing asb cause its not mastered yet

stab fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 27, 2018

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

Oh yes, always pull again. Bartz ASB, Krile BSB2.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

2/11 galuf LMR, Krile LMR

god drat this is a cursed rear end banner

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Dollar pull:. Dupe Lenna BSB

LOL

Edit:. Wait. It's not a dupe but it's also not very good

LOL

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 27, 2018

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Three pulls: glint x2, wind bsb, lenna bsb

Kinda sucks, I wanted the AOSB but eh, none of this crap was a dupe at least

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I did well 7/33, no dupes

Butz AOSB/USB2/Glint
Lenna BSB
Krile BSB
Faris BSB
Galuf LMR

I'll do another pull later to see if I can get that chain or to complete the set of Bartz element bursts. But at any rate, I wanted a Nightmare Bartz, I got a Nightmare Bartz.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got a decent pull in Bartz Arcane and Krile LMR. Krile still doesn't have anything worthwhile in her kit, though, but the Arcane is a +wind knife which is a very handy weapon for any resident Dash and Slashers. Like Rikku in break-resistant content.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Avalerion posted:

And banner 2 seems to only have 4x 6*s... :colbert:
They quietly adjusted it. Orlandeau BSB out, Ramza USB2 in.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bartz Glint and En-Wind BSB, Galuf LMR, and Lenna USB out of three pulls (FFV fanboy here). None of them dupes and the glint is fire+ armor, so I'll call it a win.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well, I got the one relic that's required for the FF5 torment, so that's nice. I also have chains for every element except water and holy now. I managed to sub-30 the 280 thanks to this, but getting below 50% on DWhale is still far beyond my grasp. Despite having two different chains for this realm, my actual dps options just suck.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I got Faris BSB2 and Bartz BSB...uh the wind one x2.

So now I have all his BSB’s unless there’s one that only hits earth (I have the earth/wind one).

Kind of cool, I just wish I had his USB or something so I can hit other elements besides earth/wind/water/fire.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

stab posted:

HOLY gently caress ALWAYS PULL

Missing asb cause its not mastered yet

Got the same pull. I have so much stuff for Butz now I don't even know what to take with me half the time.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
100g: Galuf BSB
5/11: Lenna USB, Bartz GSB (x3), Galuf LMR
1/11: Galuf CSB!!!

Nice, drat nice. Would have liked one of the Bartz 6*s but having gotten the other two in two pulls can't really complain (already have Bartz USB1 anyway).

Have chains for every element but holy and dark now :getin:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Hogama posted:

They quietly adjusted it. Orlandeau BSB out, Ramza USB2 in.

That banner just went from great to godly, definitely saving some pulls for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Went 3/11, got Bartz' ASB, Bartz' wind BSB, and Faris' BSB2.

I already have Bartz' USB1 and all of his other BSBs, so I guess I'll take the wind one, too.

How the hell do I use his ASB and USB in conjunction, though? Do I just bring the USB when I have a chain I can abuse, and spam the ASB in every other scenario? Either way it looks pretty good, and having a strong +wind dagger is nice as hell, though I wish it was a sword.

Really wanted that Galuf chain, but I guess I'll save some mythril for the next V banner since it comes back up then.