Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I was a big fan of the Hermes keepsake that ups your dodge if you clear rooms fast enough midgame. At least with certain weapons.

I don't even know what midgame means, but far enough that you feel confident clearing rooms quickly I guess. Also leaned on the keepsake from Thanatos where if you don't take damage in a room you get a damage buff.

I don't know what I should be spoilering here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

You can change your boon after you kill a boss too, so even if you need a death defiance to get past the minotaur and theseus or dad you can always spec for the god you want and then switch back to skelly's boon after you clear the hydra.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My Cousin Vinny is still funny.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Bird in a Blender posted:

Also the most legal accurate per lawyers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
My Cousin Vinnie is one of the best movies ever made. We should replace Columbus Day with Marissa Tomei in My Cousin Vinnie day, if we want to pay proper respect to Italian Americans.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I drove past a VW Beetle made to look like a Cleveland Browns helmet today. It's been awhile since I've seen an interesting car like that.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

My Cousin Vinnie is one of the best movies ever made. We should replace Columbus Day with Marissa Tomei in My Cousin Vinnie day, if we want to pay proper respect to Italian Americans.

George Costanza approves.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

One time I came home from work and my then roommate was cooking something. I asked him what it was and it was grits. I then launched into the grits questions which he answered earnestly at first, then he turned to me and said "Is this from a movie or something?" He hadn't seen that movie so yeah, we watched it. He loved it.

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 8, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nGQLQF1b6I&ab_channel=Movieclips

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BlindSite posted:

You can change your boon after you kill a boss too, so even if you need a death defiance to get past the minotaur and theseus or dad you can always spec for the god you want and then switch back to skelly's boon after you clear the hydra.

Only if you buy the thing from the construction desk next to Hades' desk, I can't remember what it's called but it puts your keepsake box inside every chamber between main areas. But you can also only use each of the keepsakes once per run. but yeah, definitely a viable strategy too - I used to switch to Achilles' for the third and fourth areas.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

One time I came home from work and my then roommate was cooking something. I asked him what it was and it was grits. I then launched into the grits questions which he answered earnestly at first, then he turned to me and said "Is this from a movie or something?" He hadn't seen that movie so yeah, we watched it. He loved it.

Were they instant grits?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

He was a self-respectin' Southerner, he took pride in his grits!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

T-Square posted:

Man I just wanted to post about how I made a coworker’s day better and it made me feel good, I’ll gently caress off then I guess
Lol, you did a good thing. TFF chat is gonna be what it is. Skwirl missed the point.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I have never seen My Cousin Vinny and I am watching it now.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Thanks for all the Hades tips. I’m <30 escape attempts in and I’ve gotten to the hydra like 3 times. It isn’t so much the rhythm that’s killing me as the assortment of other ghouls that hit when the secondary heads start rolling out. Plus I’m still adjusting to my build out. Some of my upgrades have been slapdash and not super well-planned but I’m getting it. Mistakes have been made, but it’s fun every run.

Pain of Mind posted:

I have never seen My Cousin Vinny and I am watching it now.

I would give anything to experience it for the first time again. I watched it when it first came out and I still laugh my rear end off every time. It’s wonderful.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My Cousin Vinny talk perfectly coincides with me just coming back from Spider-Man: Far From Home.

Interested to see what Disney does with Tom Holland's Spider-Man next, as well as having a Venom symbiote in the MCU.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Gatts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I7QBCHqng

absolute pro watch

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Man, I've been sleeping on Marissa Tomei

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BlindSite posted:

I saw spidermans the other day and the cinemas were almost empty and pretty well distanced. It might be how I got sick come to think of it. Spidermans was pretty good, so... worth it.
My sister and brother in law went to see Spidermans on the 26th and the theater was packed.

In unrelated news my niece tested positive for Covid on Tuesday and for 2 weeks I have been coughing so much I'm losing my voice. This week my dad joined me in the cough brigade. He will get tested Monday. I won't get tested until possibly Wednesday but I'm gonna cancel that.

Yay.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My Cousin Vinny is a top flight movie. Snappy, funny, moves brisk, just a good concept executed perfectly

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Its Rinaldo posted:

She unfairly caught so much poo poo after her Oscar win. She ended up firmly in the middle of two giant Hollywood problems- rampant misogyny, and critical disdain for comedies. Then she ran afoul of Harvey Weinstein and lost what should have been the peak of her career in the 1990s.

How much would it suck for people to think so little of your Oscar win that a practically universal conspiracy theory comes about that it was a mistake that just never got corrected?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Lucky bastard

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Gatts posted:

It really is! Perhaps the best 1L movie ever made.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I dragged out Rock Band last night for the first time in, well, forever, because my kid was asking about the plastic guitars. Turns out a 4 year old isn't quite coordinated enough to actually hit notes but we had a great time on no fail anyway.

Might be time to pull out stepmania, too.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Qwijib0 posted:

I dragged out Rock Band last night for the first time in, well, forever, because my kid was asking about the plastic guitars. Turns out a 4 year old isn't quite coordinated enough to actually hit notes but we had a great time on no fail anyway.

Might be time to pull out stepmania, too.

I’ve been thinking about breaking out my Beatles rock band too. It’s been a long time. Maybe my kid can bang on the drums.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I got a wild idea to bust out my copy Guitar Hero 3 a couple of months ago and the top fret button doesn't work anymore :( Might look into whether or not it's something I can fix on my own...

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 8, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

They don’t make guitar hero or rock band anymore do they?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I don't think so but I just discovered there's a new Rocksmith coming out eventually, so if you want to get real/annoy anyone you live with that's going to be an option.

Looking it up Rock Band 4 is still being supported, or was last year. I mean it's not new but it has new stuff I guess.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’m going to Jackson Hole next month and I just figured out there’s dog sledding and you get your own sled and dogs and partway through you stop at a campsite and you can have lunch with the dogs and ahhhh I’m excited to meet the sled doggies :3::3::3::3:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, the plastic instrument fad crashed and burned hard like 5+ years back, which led to the double problem of there's a billion guitars out there for it, and you can get those for nothing, but the adapters you need for the newer consoles were made by a company that only made a handful of them before dying, so are insanely hard to get (this may be a solved issue, I haven't checked in years).

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it took a while to find my 360 instrument on xbone adapter and it took a couple tries to sync so hopefully it doesn't give up the ghost.

I have two of the wireless Stratocasters, drums with cymbals, and keys that would be useless without it so here's hoping it was just updating silently or something.

I was shocked to see new DLC but I think I need to buy rivals to use it, depending on if we keep playing again it might be worth it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I believe the most the dlc songs require is Rock band 4, but I could be wrong.

Also wow, yeah, like 100 songs were released as DLC this year, eesh.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’ve been thinking about breaking out my Beatles rock band too. It’s been a long time. Maybe my kid can bang on the drums.

Go check resale prices on eBay before committing to that :shepface: they are not making anything new instrument-wise, and adapters even are rare, but Beatles never got ported forward.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
A friend of mine has been playing Rock Band 4 with his kids on PS4/Xbone, and basically did it by finding someone on offerup / fb marketplace who was selling the instruments. He still had a ton of the DLC from Rock Band 1-3, which are there if you bought them on the same account.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m going to Jackson Hole next month and I just figured out there’s dog sledding and you get your own sled and dogs and partway through you stop at a campsite and you can have lunch with the dogs and ahhhh I’m excited to meet the sled doggies :3::3::3::3:

Warning- it is exciting and fun, but they are working dogs and very very very much not lovable puppy dog bundles of fur to cuddle. Be careful.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Rock Band is pretty much the reason I went with an xbone over a ps4. I’ve got way too many dlc songs to just abandon on a 360. It’s too bad my stagekit stopped working and isn’t supported anymore. Playing rockband in a room completely full of fog with strobes and a light show going off was amazing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

Warning- it is exciting and fun, but they are working dogs and very very very much not lovable puppy dog bundles of fur to cuddle. Be careful.

Oh yeah for sure, we’re gonna have a guide and all that too so it’s not like we’ll be on our own with them. I just get all excited seeing working dogs they’re doing such a good job and such good dogs. My favorite thing about going to the airport is seeing the drug sniffing dogs doing their thing

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

harperdc posted:

Go check resale prices on eBay before committing to that :shepface: they are not making anything new instrument-wise, and adapters even are rare, but Beatles never got ported forward.

Holy carp.

Looks like if my adapter stopped working it's $400 to replace it, and if I just want an xbone set of instruments it's $900 all-in

I am about to take much better care of them. Also it was probably a mistake to look.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Well I guess I hosed up talking myself out of buying an Xbox 360, controllers, some iteration of Rock Band with guitars, drums, and microphone for $300 at a rummage sale this summer, huh. Not that it wouldn’t have ended up buried in the basement with all of the other stupid poo poo I impulse purchase though.

Also, y’all mean to tell me it’s in the realm of possibility I can get an old 360 instrument to sync with an Xbone but it’s impossible to sync my old like $600 Xbox 360 Fanatec wheel, this is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

harperdc posted:

Yea, I saw some prices in the $300 range for the full kit when I was thinking of selling it. I think I’m going to hang onto it though, for now at least.