Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Anybody have any insights into why Zookeeper isn't working? It's been stuck at 0% forever now, I have no remaining puzzles, AA is on, and AC is over 12 thousand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Anybody have any insights into why Zookeeper isn't working? It's been stuck at 0% forever now, I have no remaining puzzles, AA is on, and AC is over 12 thousand.

If you have mustard tools but not the boost that lets AA run with them, it could be that. Or you could have a tool not at inf price.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Neither of those. AA was also able to build the bag of holding and all the other things perfectly fine. It's just this that it can't do ever since reaching t3 prizes.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Neither of those. AA was also able to build the bag of holding and all the other things perfectly fine. It's just this that it can't do ever since reaching t3 prizes.

Did you trade in your kitty clicks for mustard? Do you have 2500 total redundakitty clicks?

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
That's it. I clicked that when I first got it thinking it was a one-time thing and I could trade it in for a different one. I forgot after all this time that you need those for the caged cat to work.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Gus Hobbleton posted:

That's it. I clicked that when I first got it thinking it was a one-time thing and I could trade it in for a different one. I forgot after all this time that you need those for the caged cat to work.

Yeah I don't know what he was thinking with that one. It'd be fine being a one-off so you could get some free mustard every MD, but as it is it royally fucks you.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
I need Flux Harvest to progress. It costs 1G blackprints. I can idle for 70k per day or open a vault for 1700 blackprints. How the gently caress am I supposed to get enough? Void Vault is even more expensive, Italian Plumber is unlockable because I can't get rid of logicat levels and there's nothing else that has popped up.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Vaults increase at a rate of 1.1 (with The Pope) per vault opened. You can set them to autobuy and if you use and autoclicking script, auto buy them with the shopper upgrade or a script pretty easily.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
I don't use a script because that sort of defeats the point of playing in the first place. Are there other ways?

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
Robotic Shopper for Vault Keys

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Kilson posted:

Robotic Shopper for Vault Keys

Still need to open tens of thousands of crates. Without an autoclicker that's too tedious. Guess this is it for me.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Hob_Gadling posted:

Still need to open tens of thousands of crates. Without an autoclicker that's too tedious. Guess this is it for me.

If you have enough qubes that you can use a lot of them, set the robo-shopper to buy keys and spam qubes. Each qube should give you a key, and you should be able to power through a ton of vaults at once. You might also consider using what blackprints you have to get a bunch of factory automation levels so you can get more passive blackprints. I don't remember how hard it is to get to 1G because I had well over that when harvest was added, and it still took me a few weeks to get to level 50 time lord.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Eldercain posted:

If you have enough qubes that you can use a lot of them, set the robo-shopper to buy keys and spam qubes.

I can't, that's the rub. Vaults cost infinite castles which means I can only buy one of them per mNP as it takes that long for infinite sand to kick in and give me infinite castles again. I can buy 1000 vaults per hour, assuming I don't make any mistakes in clicking. That's 2,2M blackprints if you account for +1 BP per opened vault. No way I'm going to do it by hand.

quote:

You might also consider using what blackprints you have to get a bunch of factory automation levels so you can get more passive blackprints.

Same problem. Automata Control is at 2300. Upgrading it 200 levels costs something like 230k blackprints. I get maybe 8 per mNP on average. Hour of vault opening would get me maybe 1000 levels of AC more, upping the average blackprint income to 12 per mNP. Still takes forever and a half.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

You can turn on Through the Cracks to buy vaults without any sand or castles. If you don't have it, you're chasing after far, far later game stuff then you're ready for, and it's likely time to Molpy Down. Do you have a Bag of Holding and the required Bonemeal?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Carados posted:

You can turn on Through the Cracks to buy vaults without any sand or castles. If you don't have it, you're chasing after far, far later game stuff then you're ready for, and it's likely time to Molpy Down. Do you have a Bag of Holding and the required Bonemeal?

Yeah, and it also increases your early flux crystal income with t4 prizes and gives you access to rush job, which makes MR from an okay boost to a pretty good boost.

E: if you do have between the cracks, make sure it is on. It defaults to off for whatever stupid reason

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 18, 2014

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004
Its base cost is 1G blackprints, but there is no way you should actually pay that much. Family discount takes it down to 200M, then gold loyalty ASHF brings it down to 80M. Just spam qubes while autobuying keys, it won't take as long as you think.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

American Dad posted:

Its base cost is 1G blackprints, but there is no way you should actually pay that much. Family discount takes it down to 200M, then gold loyalty ASHF brings it down to 80M. Just spam qubes while autobuying keys, it won't take as long as you think.

For what it's worth, it's not super hard to get your vaults up past 10k per vault, and if you are sitting there mashing mousekeys (+ and 5 is 3 clicks and this game seems to register them all), you can easily open 2-3 vaults per mNP. 30k per second isn't exactly racecar speed, but if you're like watching tv or doing it off and on it should only take a few days tops. 900k a minute means you need to do it for ~ an hour at that point. You'll get some hand fatigue but doing it in small bursts (5M at a time or so) and you'll get there.

Harvest itself is only so useful too. The real goal is to get enough TL levels to be able to run the cleaner forever, and once you've tossed a few levels in This Sucks, Void starer will literally poo poo out blackprints at an ever-increasing rate. I rocketed up about 1000000x more than I could ever spend my first night idling with it on. It's tedious, but just keep doing the flux farming the old fashioned way (save load and use mouse keys!) and you'll get to that point. Void starer really is the boost to be aiming for here.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!

Hob_Gadling posted:

Italian Plumber is unlockable because I can't get rid of logicat levels and there's nothing else that has popped up.
Already said to use cats on panther rush and dragon forge jeez.

If you don't have reset prizes though do that instead, check but you probably don't even need to stockpile resources. I'd get to T3 at least, past that is largely insurance against devs making resets more useful but then again T3 resets are really quick and after you get the T4 bag you're pretty set for anything.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

OG17 posted:

Already said to use cats on panther rush and dragon forge jeez.

If you don't have reset prizes though do that instead, check but you probably don't even need to stockpile resources. I'd get to T3 at least, past that is largely insurance against devs making resets more useful but then again T3 resets are really quick and after you get the T4 bag you're pretty set for anything.

Honestly T4 resets the only limiting factor is prices, you need to do some clicking and wait for 5k npb, so it takes maybe half an hour each.

I think ED has taken kind of a backseat visionary role now (or he's doing the dragon nest stuff), and the primary person doing dev work is wavenly, who has literally never reset. Which is why we have stupid poo poo like Now Where Was I and Aleph One, which he designed so he could have his cake and eat it too, and why things like fast forward and between the cracks are kind of poo poo. I doubt they'll go forward with more reset tech (although I wouldn't mind, honestly), and why almost all of the recent boosts have been QoL or slight progress towards the current endgame econ mix.

I think at least part of the reason the game has stagnated recently is because of this really unfocused development, and if ED doesn't either give up the reigns or plop out something major, the game is gonna kind of get torn to pieces by 10 different devs working on their own little niches so that there is no coherent forward movement, and everything that comes out is some obtuse copy of something else or irrelevant to everyone else who is doing it right. I guess this has been a pretty large project over many months, so I'm not surprised/mad that he's getting tired of it, but he should either declare it done or hand it off.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

Nothing like being greeted after a day's work by np22.

Eldercain posted:

Honestly T4 resets the only limiting factor is prices, you need to do some clicking and wait for 5k npb, so it takes maybe half an hour each.
Only if you have the bonemeal, I had to set up camp at the end of t3 for a while just to pay for it.

Also you're too pessimistic. If you peek at github, ED's looking over resets now, and I wouldn't see a problem with him taking a more passive leadership role between such pushes. Who knows why Waveny refuses to play an entire game phase to the point of (likely unknowingly) adding redundant boosts and spinning bullshit to justify them, but I'm otherwise confident in his ideas, and there's other active developers so it's not going to turn into a one-man show anyway. Basically we're just waiting for a new game phase concept to get some momentum and everything's going to be fine, you don't need people in lockstep to fill in the gaps and regardless of the quirks there's nothing suggesting some fatal disarray anyway. And of course the game feels stagnant when people've gone through all the current content, it's not like all that stuff came out in an endless rainbow flood and it's no surprise that it's easier to refine what's there than to create a new direction.

OG17 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 20, 2014

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

OG17 posted:

Only if you have the bonemeal, I had to set up camp at the end of t3 for a while just to pay for it.

I feel like this was an actual two and a half day grind no matter how you cut it. It's silly and dumb.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Carados posted:

I feel like this was an actual two and a half day grind no matter how you cut it. It's silly and dumb.

I had problems with the flux crystals too, because a lot of the boosts take a few hundred, and jolting itself wasn't cheap either.

My worries with the devs are that 1) wavenley doesn't have the vision if he does take over, 2) that if there are multiple devs the updates will all be the equivalent of pork, and 3) that ED will be content to just oversee and won't actually do anything. I will be happy to be proven wrong, don't get me wrong. I just know what burnout looks like and I know that the fatality rate for it is like 90%

That being said, It's a hell of a game so far. Especially given the tiny peeks we have at what he wants to do with dragon content, we could get a pretty baller new phase. I just hope it becomes more than conceptpual.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

So after my last Molpy Down I can't get the Judgement Dip to trigger. WWhich, while not necessarily game-breaking, makes several things more inconvenient than they need to be. Is there some other requirement besides just being past NP40 or whatever that I'm forgetting about?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

LAY-ZX posted:

So after my last Molpy Down I can't get the Judgement Dip to trigger. WWhich, while not necessarily game-breaking, makes several things more inconvenient than they need to be. Is there some other requirement besides just being past NP40 or whatever that I'm forgetting about?

Number of npb, number of castles they've built, number of duplicates are all factors too.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
So somewhere around when time travel started happening, I lost all of my Factory Automation upgrades, and they don't seem to be available anymore. Bug, or feature?

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

ProfessorProf posted:

So somewhere around when time travel started happening, I lost all of my Factory Automation upgrades, and they don't seem to be available anymore. Bug, or feature?

I just did the same thing today, if you leave longpix you lose all boosts that require longpix, and your factory automation upgrades too. You need to get back to longpix and rebuy them. Which is a pain if you're on inf/inf.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Yeah, you lose them if you go to 240 or below, and can rebuy them when you get above 240. There are a couple upgrades that help with this. Safety Goggles allows you to keep your factory automation levels (though they don't work) if you go to shortpix, and Safety Net makes it so jumping through rifts won't take you to shortpix anymore.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
The inefficiency in the AC calculations is starting to cause either my computer or the browser tab I have open to crash all the time. It is not helping my progress at all.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

Eldercain posted:

The inefficiency in the AC calculations is starting to cause either my computer or the browser tab I have open to crash all the time. It is not helping my progress at all.
What AC level?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

OG17 posted:

What AC level?

200M

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Oh hey embedded youtube video, go gently caress yourself.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pidmon posted:

Oh hey embedded youtube video, go gently caress yourself.

It is seriously the worst. Difficult to find, impossible to stop if it bugs. Part of the reason I usually have my speakers off is that stupid video, in fact.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

Someone had a bookmarklet or something to kill those on reddit if you're able to find them. ED I think said something about having them activate with a button or similar but I'm guessing it's not a priority, make a thread and it'd probably get in next patch.

About the AC crashing thing, maybe this'd help, there's some random things that make the code jump off its rails so it can roll around in sewage and maybe you're in it. Also it's definitely not a performance issue. :colbert:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

OG17 posted:

Someone had a bookmarklet or something to kill those on reddit if you're able to find them. ED I think said something about having them activate with a button or similar but I'm guessing it's not a priority, make a thread and it'd probably get in next patch.

About the AC crashing thing, maybe this'd help, there's some random things that make the code jump off its rails so it can roll around in sewage and maybe you're in it. Also it's definitely not a performance issue. :colbert:

I have basically every boost unlocked, so it's not a problem with that. In fact, the game runs quite fast and I don't have any slowdown, but the only time my computer has _ever_ bsod is recently, and the last 3 days I've had the game not running and I've had no crashes as opposed to the 2-3 I get a day otherwise. I wouldn't care so much but it's really not ok if I have it running in the background and suddenly I've got myself an abandon in Dota 2. I'll still run it when I'm not here, but as far as bugs go it's kind of unacceptably punishing.

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011
I am currently preparing for my first molpy down. Is the OP is accurate in that I should get infinite tools before md? Because that seems like it would take weeks. If so is there any easy way to trigger glassed lighting?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Lordy posted:

I am currently preparing for my first molpy down. Is the OP is accurate in that I should get infinite tools before md? Because that seems like it would take weeks. If so is there any easy way to trigger glassed lighting?

As it is right now most of the MD rewards are kind of underpowered anyways. It will take a long time to get to inf yeah but it's something you have to do at least once and one you do get there lightning in a bottle makes the getting real fast on MD. If you have kite and key you can reset if you want but it will be a little slow.

The only way to trigger gl easily is a clicker. If you get pretty far in the flux grind you can do it with qubes and vacuum cleaner but that's a real bear if you gonna md after. Your best bet is to open a few qubes with key buying off to refresh it. If you idly do that at work or while watching TV you'll get there.

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011
Thanks, I didn't realize that turning off the autobuyer would make such a huge difference the grind seems a lot less horrible now that I get gl every other qq.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Lordy posted:

Thanks, I didn't realize that turning off the autobuyer would make such a huge difference the grind seems a lot less horrible now that I get gl every other qq.

Yeah it's not too bad anymore. Just regular length for this game

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Is there an autoclicker that autosolves logicat puzzles? The game expects you to solve a lot of them and they get boring and repetitive very fast. Googling brought up a couple but they didn't seem to actually work.

e: And the one in the OP only seemed to highlight the kitties/logicats, didn't click/solve them.

Lottery of Babylon fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Is there an autoclicker that autosolves logicat puzzles? The game expects you to solve a lot of them and they get boring and repetitive very fast. Googling brought up a couple but they didn't seem to actually work.

e: And the one in the OP only seemed to highlight the kitties/logicats, didn't click/solve them.

That tool used to have an options menu, with logicat solving as one of the options (since you're going to want different behaviour for different parts of the game) but it broke a week or two ago and you're stuck with whatever your options are, or the defaults.

not sure if there's anyone actively developing it at this point.

• Locked thread