Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I didn't think ladders could fit in there but Brock did it somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

MassRafTer posted:

Sure John Cena wrestles classic matches and spends his own money to comfort dying children but the man wins too much. I don't like a winner. I was born a Cubs fan and I'll die a Cubs fan.

It's not that he always wins. It that he never loses. Even when he eats a pin, he just gets on RAW the next night and makes light of it, so it doesn't actually matter at all to his character. Don't get me wrong, Cena the man is pretty drat cool and does a lot of great work, and he's a beast in the ring, but I'm really tired of his character.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Liquid Communism posted:

It's not that he always wins. It that he never loses. Even when he eats a pin, he just gets on RAW the next night and makes light of it, so it doesn't actually matter at all to his character. Don't get me wrong, Cena the man is pretty drat cool and does a lot of great work, and he's a beast in the ring, but I'm really tired of his character.

I'm glad the Yankees didn't turn into a bunch of whiny babies in 97, they knew rings come and go. There's always next year/PPV. John sees past short term variance and understands the long run.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He only does the Make a Wish stuff because he's terrified of the crushing loneliness that inhabits his life when he's not wrestling. Without it he would be without purpose. No emotional reason to continue. He would be for all intents and purposes dead between shows.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
There is no shame in anyone losing to Lesnar and it would not hurt anyone's credibility to do so unless they were booked like a total bitch up to and after the PPV.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Gonzo McFee posted:

He only does the Make a Wish stuff because he's terrified of the crushing loneliness that inhabits his life when he's not wrestling. Without it he would be without purpose. No emotional reason to continue. He would be for all intents and purposes dead between shows.

Hey now, he also has nailing one of the Bella Twins and keeping his mansion impeccably clean. That's something.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I'm glad the Yankees didn't turn into a bunch of whiny babies in 97, they knew rings come and go. There's always next year/PPV. John sees past short term variance and understands the long run.

John Cena punched the last guy who compared him to the Yankees.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Call Me Charlie posted:

Hey now, he also has nailing one of the Bella Twins and keeping his mansion impeccably clean. That's something.

That's part of the crushing loneliness. Having to stay with a woman he obviously doesn't care for outside of a one night stand that's gone on far too long. Only sticking with it because Vince told him "That's what's best for business."

Cena is ether a tragic figure or a massive Psychopath. Personally I'm hoping it's tragic figure because then I can do Deus Ex quotes about him.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

John Cena has to return some videotapes.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
A panic sets in when he steps into The Rock's mansion and realizes it's clearly more expensive than his own.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

All joking aside, I think it's surprising how much hate John Cena gets on this forum. John Cena has been involved in many of the best WWE matches over the past few years. He's not being carried by his competition, he's a legit good wrestler. He has his five signature moves but so what, most wrestlers have a few set signature moves.

You can only have one top guy and nobody gets the reaction that Cena gets. Guys like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan at their peak get bigger reactions than John Cena, but they don't have the sustained heat of Cena.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sanguinia posted:

WWE will not put the belt on Lesnar. EVER. This isn't a matter of the champ not being at every live event and on every Raw despite what JR thinks, it's a matter of the belts being off TV AND undefended on PPV for 6 months or Brock's title reign being one month long when he drops it at the next PPV. Lesnar's contract structure allows for no other option.

Unless a meteor drops from the sky and conks Lesnar on the head so he forgets that he's content to wrestle 5 matches a year and he full-times it for a while like Stone Cold suggested, he will never be Champion again. And Brock's head would probably prove stronger than the meteor anyway.

wrestling five matches a year would be a solid three or four month reign of terror

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

sticklefifer posted:

Also Punk will return as an authority figure for Raw named GM Punk.

He will have a new moveset that includes covering the ring in d4s and powerbombing his opponent onto them.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

FM Punk, he only listens to smooth jazz. His finisher, the Steely Dan, is smashing a 12-string guitar over his opponent.

We won't get into BM Punk.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 23, 2014

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Burt Buckle posted:

All joking aside, I think it's surprising how much hate John Cena gets on this forum. John Cena has been involved in many of the best WWE matches over the past few years. He's not being carried by his competition, he's a legit good wrestler. He has his five signature moves but so what, most wrestlers have a few set signature moves.

You can only have one top guy and nobody gets the reaction that Cena gets. Guys like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan at their peak get bigger reactions than John Cena, but they don't have the sustained heat of Cena.

He's probably the blandest guy to be on top of the industry since the 1950s and he can't sell before/during/after a match, even if he's legitimately injured, despite watching thousands of hours of wrestling where that's essential to the match.

I don't think most people here would hate him nearly as much if he just got better at one of those things.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Supreme Allah posted:

A panic sets in when he steps into The Rock's mansion and realizes it's clearly more expensive than his own.

Look at that subtle Italian marble wainscoting. The tasteful chandeliers. Oh my god! It even has a water feature.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cena reminds me a lot of Misawa for some reason. I'm just waiting for him, Bryan, and Punk to create their own promotion and for him to die taking a back suplex.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Burt Buckle posted:

There's really no denying that Cena is capable of good matches. It's everything outside of that that gets to people. Win or lose, Cena will rarely act like his opponent was a big deal, be it through no selling after the match or giving unintentionally(?) burying promos about them. This makes it hard to keep a good pool of credible people around for him to face since he's typically in his own tier. When Cena always has the championship and rarely loses, it feels hard to believe that one day someone else will be able rise to his rank.

Guys like Punk and Bryan have never gotten the exposure as champions that Cena gets. He's literally been molded to fit the McMahon ideal of what a champion should look like. Neither Punk or Bryan will ever have that look and thus will never get the same treatment as Cena even if they do become champion again. For someone like Punk to just walk out with no kayfabe explanation kind of suggests that's how he felt.

Cena's injuries are piling up and it's only because he performs a safer style of wrestling that he hasn't been put out of commission more. Which is where the big issue is with him: There isn't really anyone being built take could take his place if needed.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Luigi Thirty posted:

We won't get into BM Punk.

Actually that's just CM Punk's other, less known name while he was in WWE.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Like him or not, you have to respect jhon cena

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Chris James 2 posted:

Like him or not, you have to respect jhon cena

Oh good we're getting away from thoughtful discussion and back to the standard "five jokes of doom"

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Like him or not, we have to discuss John Cena

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This John Cena Stockholm syndrome is disgusting. Our lord CM Punk would not be pleased if he was alive.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bad News Barrett has got some unbelievably easy but NUCLEAR cheap heat tomorrow night.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
that implies that the crowd will care about the world cup at all

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Gonzo McFee posted:

Gonzo nailed it.

Cena is a great guy and a machine when it comes to his schedule...but you get the feeling that there's nothing else there. He eats and sleeps wrestling, and that's it. He can't stand any downtime at all.

It's not that I don't like him; I am frustrated with is booking.

Mostly he just seems like a very sad figure with a lot of issues.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

cena is a happy fun loving guy and he'd be down to just go kayak fishing and maybe listen to some dwight yoakem in his free time or at least i think that's a more realistic image than the eraserhead version of cena that ya'll are painting

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Edwardian posted:

Gonzo nailed it.

Cena is a great guy and a machine when it comes to his schedule...but you get the feeling that there's nothing else there. He eats and sleeps wrestling, and that's it. He can't stand any downtime at all.

It's not that I don't like him; I am frustrated with is booking.

Mostly he just seems like a very sad figure with a lot of issues.

The last time we got on this topic somebody or bodies compared him to Boxer the horse from Animal Farm and ever since then I've not been able to think too deeply about Cena without feeling a little sad inside.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

that implies that the crowd will care about the world cup at all

It's World Cup season, of course they will.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Some Other Guy posted:

cena is a happy fun loving guy and he'd be down to just go kayak fishing and maybe listen to some dwight yoakem in his free time or at least i think that's a more realistic image than the eraserhead version of cena that ya'll are painting

Are you implying that the armchair psychologists who have extrapolated based on Total Divas are somehow off-base?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Are you implying that the armchair psychologists who have extrapolated based on Total Divas are somehow off-base?

no i just want to go fishing with cena

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cena would be terrible to fish with. You'd help him reel in the biggest fish ever, but if you were struggling with one he wouldn't help you at all. Then he'd catch it after you lost it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i want to catch a giant catfish and watch cena hoist it up on his shoulders as if to aa it, only to catch and release because he practices sound ecology

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The list of teams grows shorter:

quote:

One of the Los Matadores suffered what appeared to be a serious knee injury at today's WWE live event in Newark, Delaware. After he went down, the referee threw up the dreaded "X" symbol and the WWE medical staff came out. The rest of the match was said to be panicked and rushed. We're not sure if it was Fernando or Diego yet but they were taken to the back with the rest of the participants in the match looking on concerned.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rip El Torito's push

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

quote:

We're not sure if it was Fernando or Diego yet

haha

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Luigi Thirty posted:

rip El Torito's push

Heath Slater just became a singles star, maybe it's time for El Torito to strike out on his own.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Some Other Guy posted:

no i just want to go fishing with cena

I want to go fishing with Lesnar. Hopefully I'll see him F5 a shark.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
This is like Heisenberg's Matador. Either one could be injured. It is impossible to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

The list of teams grows shorter:
At this point they'll have to start to calling up the NXT teams.

• Locked thread