Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Deadpool posted:

After Hickman's run I'm way more excited to see a team like this put together. It'll be a great change of pace. And since I like all the individual characters on the team that I know, whoever is in the Iron Man suit being the only unknown at this point, I think the team is a great combo. Especially with Waid writing.

The only one I'm having doubts about is Vision. Cannot stand that dude. He's so...bland. He needs to be less Spock and more Data imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Defiance Industries posted:

I would say they WANTED Spider-Woman (and other minor characters in the New Avengers) to be a big deal and it just didn't take. Another false start in their search for a big female hero that hopefully Carol has finally filled. Having someone you want to get over hang out with all your best guys so they can show they are just as good as the famous dudes so you should like them, too!

And Hickman's Avengers Machine is a whole other thing. The relative nobodies got shuffled off to Avengers World ASAP.

Yeah, unfortunately the most successful (in terms of longest single run) was Spider-Girl who's whole series is set in an alternate universe & can't be imported to 616 easily.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Everyone on the cover of that except Cap and Vision are young kids. I wonder if that implies Thor is like Shazam where she's actually a young girl but becomes and adult as Thor.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gatts posted:

Everyone on the cover of that except Cap and Vision are young kids. I wonder if that implies Thor is like Shazam where she's actually a young girl but becomes and adult as Thor.

The new Thor has been Molly Hayes all this time!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gatts posted:

Actually if they made Vision back into the Young Avengers version he'd be 'Young' too.

WickedHate posted:

The new Thor has been Molly Hayes all this time!

A man can dream.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

Deadpool posted:

After Hickman's run I'm way more excited to see a team like this put together. It'll be a great change of pace. And since I like all the individual characters on the team that I know, whoever is in the Iron Man suit being the only unknown at this point, I think the team is a great combo. Especially with Waid writing.

Yeah as much as I've been enjoying the crazy cosmic overreach of Hickman's Avengers (and not enjoying the wacky time travel shenanigans/general badness of Remender's Uncanny), I'm really looking forward to a change of pace, getting back to some down to Earth, heroes are heroes, villains are villains stories.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

Wolverine and Spider-Man had been in crossovers but not on the same team before that. It was a big deal.

They were half of the Fantastic Four in the early nineties, and that's just off the top of my head.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dragonshirt posted:

They were half of the Fantastic Four in the early nineties, and that's just off the top of my head.

Spidey was part of the FF for Hickman's run.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think the reason we haven't seen any post SW Captain Marvel stuff is they are waiting for the writing switchover from KSD to the Jem woman to be finalized, if that is even what is going to happen.

Spider-Woman got a big push after Civil War and into Secret Invasion, her being the Skrull queen and a lot of issues before that focusing on her. She had some amusing scenes, like coming out in her costume and Luke Cage going "Oh baby!!" :eyepop: or offering the prisoners on the raft donuts to find out who was broken out.

I really enjoyed the Luke Cage Mighty Avengers run which had a lot of these characters, including Carl, Wolverine, Spiderman, Thing, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Squirrel Girl among others.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

But what don't you hate

Wonder Man.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Why is everyone suddenly rocking big anime titty avatars?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Why is everyone suddenly rocking big anime titty avatars?

Some bullshit in Derailed by some kid with lovely taste in music.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

fatherboxx posted:

Is All-New All-Different Avengers confirmed to be the flagship title or is it just a new Yong Avengers title pushed out before the main Cap-Iron Man-ManThor team?

it's the flagship title

also cap iron man and thor are right there

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Blockhouse posted:

it's the flagship title

also cap iron man and thor are right there

But not Evans, Hemsworth and RDJ. You know they'll have a book like that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

If they were wouldn't it be out next month?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

WickedHate posted:

The only one I'm having doubts about is Vision. Cannot stand that dude. He's so...bland. He needs to be less Spock and more Data imo.

Vision could be Movie Synergized into a sarcastic butler AI like Jarvis.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Y'all are acting like there's not like 12 books a month with the word "Avengers" in the title.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Some bullshit in Derailed by some kid with lovely taste in music.

Eh, this is because of the other kid with lovely taste in everything.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Maybe. Or this is what they want to push as the future of the cinematic universe. Younger characters you can watch grow, and new people taking on the mantles of the characters they already love. Vision is the first Avenger that is more special effect than a man. He can be in any movie they want as long as they pay his voice actor, or find someone with a similar voice.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Die Laughing posted:

Maybe. Or this is what they want to push as the future of the cinematic universe. Younger characters you can watch grow, and new people taking on the mantles of the characters they already love. Vision is the first Avenger that is more special effect than a man. He can be in any movie they want as long as they pay his voice actor, or find someone with a similar voice.

Second. You forgot the Hulk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

I thought Paul Bettany was in full makeup and costume for this role?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The logical conclusion to this nightmare is Marvel purchasing the likeness of the actors then using Avatar tech to have other younger, cheaper actors using mo-cap to act as the likeness of RDJ and crew playing the marvel characters.

Forever.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Happy Hippo posted:

Y'all are acting like there's not like 12 books a month with the word "Avengers" in the title.

Thank god someone else sees this, they're all making me feel like I've lost touch with reality or something.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The logical conclusion to this nightmare is Marvel purchasing the likeness of the actors then using Avatar tech to have other younger, cheaper actors using mo-cap to act as the likeness of RDJ and crew playing the marvel characters.

Forever.

I'm fine with this if the technology proliferates and results in the Forever Bond being George Lazenby.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

McSpanky posted:

I'm fine with this if the technology proliferates and results in the Forever Bond being George Lazenby.

But that movie had lovely editing.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

So Marvel passed out a big ol' book of previews for Secret Wars at C2E2 this past weekend, as well as a map of Battleworld and a few other random things like posters and whatever.

The 1602 Young Avengers thing looks delightful already. :allears:

I'm going to try and get some more scans in the next day or two if I get the chance. There's also a preview of a story where the Punisher gets possessed by Dr. Strange which looks dumb as poo poo and also kind of awesome. Lots of other unlettered pages in there too.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So this is happening and it's amazing.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Who did that cover? I know John Romita SR did a variant in a similar (ie his) style during Brubaker's run and it was awesome.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

notthegoatseguy posted:

Who did that cover? I know John Romita SR did a variant in a similar (ie his) style during Brubaker's run and it was awesome.
David Nakayama

(it says at the link!)

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

This is stupid and I love it. Ugh, why do I have to wait until August.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dragonshirt posted:

I generally treat the alt roster FF poo poo like it simply never happened. Ghost rider? Nah.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I have been incredibly negative towards the whole of the reboot in general but gently caress it if I can get something like this (and a Pizza Dog story to boot!) then I will be happy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I'm going to try and get some more scans in the next day or two if I get the chance. There's also a preview of a story where the Punisher gets possessed by Dr. Strange which looks dumb as poo poo and also kind of awesome. Lots of other unlettered pages in there too.
It's called What if Wolverine was Lord of the Vampires? and was published in 1991.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I'm going to try and get some more scans in the next day or two if I get the chance. There's also a preview of a story where the Punisher gets possessed by Dr. Strange which looks dumb as poo poo and also kind of awesome.

That sounds amazing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aw there goes all my Sam/Kamala shipping fiction :(

1602 Angela has Elizabethan MODOK...or would that be Stuart MODOK

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's not really a big deal but seeing those two next to each other makes it hard to believe they're around the same age.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, that's par for the style that's being aped.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

gfanikf posted:

That sounds amazing.

It really looks that way. :allears:

My scans aren't the greatest and I have no good way to stitch together the two-page spread, but here's the preview of that. I'm assuming uploading the 4 pages of the preview is kosher and non-:filez: because they were passing this preview out for free.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm stealing Gavok's thunder here, but I'm pretty sure that's a reference to an awesome What If where Punisher fought the vampire X-men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Tin Of Beans posted:

It really looks that way. :allears:

My scans aren't the greatest and I have no good way to stitch together the two-page spread, but here's the preview of that. I'm assuming uploading the 4 pages of the preview is kosher and non-:filez: because they were passing this preview out for free.

That is sooooooooooooooooo awesome and thank you so much for scanning that.
I'm happy that someone enjoyed the idea of a Strange Punisher team up as seen in Original Sin and decided to go back to the idea.

• Locked thread