Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Wanna pat that good boy

You'll have to contact Elon Musk about that, also it's a girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its weird how pitbull fans think the number of pit bulls is some unquantifiable figure yet theyre sure about the dbrf per 100000. pitbull math

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Smash it Smash hit posted:

It’s per 100k of dogs you maroons so there are less than one DBRF per 100k pitbulls

However there are 4.88 intentional homicides per 100k humans in the the us. Which is half male. Males make up 90% of homicide arrests do just about double that 4.88

Jesus how are y’all this militantly dense lol

How many non-fatal maulings are there? I bet there's a bunch because pitbulls just lock their jaws and shake, severely hurting kids.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

gary oldmans diary posted:

its weird how pitbull fans think the number of pit bulls is some unquantifiable figure yet theyre sure about the dbrf per 100000. pitbull math

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
2017 Fatal Dog Attacks

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Taima posted:

2017 Fatal Dog Attacks

shoulda been better at wrasslin

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Taima posted:

2017 Fatal Dog Attacks

Imagine being killed by a lab that's shameful as gently caress lol

Warm Fish Salad
Dec 16, 2016

You Compleat Me
I didn't bother to read all of the thread but I didn't see anybody make the ultimately futile attempt of telling The Truth in the last few pages so

99% of the people in this thread or anywhere have probably never seen an actual pit bull. They are a real breed, but an exceedingly rare one, and all of the dogs that you see labeled as "pit bulls" today are just mutts (not that there's anything wrong with that!) Real pit bulls, or American Pit Bull Terriers, as they're formally known, are out there, popular in sports such as weight pull or hog hunting, and some are still used for their (illegal/unethical) original purpose of dog fighting.

Like any dog breed the quality of temperament is determined by genetics and proper handling. There are good stable tempered pit bulls, and the opposite also exists. What needs to be emphasized is the responsible breeding and ownership of dogs in general.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
I am looking for a good dog, and already own several small children. Can anyone recommend a good breed?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How about a pit bull

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of responsible ownership and breeding of dogs, I think I may have secured a forever home for the pregnant dog that was abandoned by its owner. Hopefully it can finally be indoors in good air conditioning and a parasite-free environment. :shobon:

The rest of the abandoned dogs around here are just going to have to starve though lmbo. Dog breeding control? What's that? Lol. Just keep buying new dogs when you get tired of the old ones and dump them out in the countryside. Do that erryday.

:shepicide:

EagerSleeper fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 26, 2018

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Pussy Doodles! posted:

I didn't bother to read all of the thread but I didn't see anybody make the ultimately futile attempt of telling The Truth in the last few pages so

99% of the people in this thread or anywhere have probably never seen an actual pit bull. They are a real breed, but an exceedingly rare one, and all of the dogs that you see labeled as "pit bulls" today are just mutts (not that there's anything wrong with that!) Real pit bulls, or American Pit Bull Terriers, as they're formally known, are out there, popular in sports such as weight pull or hog hunting, and some are still used for their (illegal/unethical) original purpose of dog fighting.

Like any dog breed the quality of temperament is determined by genetics and proper handling. There are good stable tempered pit bulls, and the opposite also exists. What needs to be emphasized is the responsible breeding and ownership of dogs in general.

lol yeah we went over that dumbshit argument on like page 3

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Empress Brosephine posted:

How about a pit bull

Aren't those dogs violent?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Jose posted:

I'm forced to believe that if you're killed by a lab you probably deserved it.

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
What if it just looked like a lab

Makes you think

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

i was pretty sure this thread had died when lowtax showed up and started banning people who dissed his dog, so I'm glad to see that the battle rages on

pitbulls are... bad

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Kazak posted:

curious to see how wes andersons new film addresses and dismantles anti dog bias

also testing out my new av

its good

hell same

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Thesaurus posted:

i was pretty sure this thread had died when lowtax showed up and started banning people who dissed his dog, so I'm glad to see that the battle rages on

pitbulls are... bad
lowtax bans people who give him poo poo for being lowtax. and for other regular things too
if anyone wants to be the badass who harassed lowtax i hear chicks dig bans

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
How do you get rid of a neighbor's lovely belligerent murderdog ?

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

unpacked robinhood posted:

Convince a kid to stick a hand through the fence

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

unpacked robinhood posted:

cops will kill any dog they run into without a second thought. it sucks, but there is one silver lining...

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I don't always want to put my family at risk of mauling and death, but when I do I prefer Dos Pitbulls.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Pussy Doodles! posted:

a man falls through the earth and into Parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of mutilated corpses. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "Did you know that it wasn't technically a "Pit Bull" because breed specifics and genetics are a complicated issue and the term is over used by people generalizing a wide spectrum of dogs many of which wouldn't be actually considered "Pit Bulls?”

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
no true pitbull

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
even if its been a pitbull ever since birth as soon as a pitbull attacks and/or kills a person its pibullness enters a quantum state and it can no longer be said to be a pitbull

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
pitbulls are actually just a collection of atoms anyway and I don't see any of you trying to outlaw atoms. What we need to do is focus on responsible atomic bonds.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Return pit bulls to their natural habitat

Which i can only assume is a deep, dark, insurmountable pit.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

lowtax bans people who give him poo poo for being lowtax. and for other regular things too

i did not get laid a single time during my timeout, it was bullshit

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
nooooo my trumpbutt

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

lowtax broke his neck trying to do a roundhouse kick on a bop bag after reading my posts

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

im cute posted:

lowtax broke his neck trying to do a roundhouse kick on a bop bag after reading my posts

hell, same

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Jose posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ihXq_WwiWM&t=70s

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
God drat pussy dog didn't even lock up and didn't have to be separated from his hand with a pair of hydraulic shears.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Taima posted:

2017 Fatal Dog Attacks

Is this real lol?

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

The Kingfish posted:

Is this real lol?

Yeah.
https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2017.php

Here is 2016

It's okay though, I told the several hundred dead that they probably weren't torn apart by purebred "Pitbulls" and that those sweet babies wouldn't ever hurt a fly and never did anything like this before. Also that it's nurture not nature. Because that helps somehow.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 26, 2018

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

VictorianQueerLit posted:

It's okay though, I told the several hundred dead that they probably weren't torn apart by what you think of when you think "Pit Bulls" and that those sweet babies wouldn't ever hurt a fly and never did anything like this before.

well? what did they say?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I ask because I recently received a Ouija board transmission of "SPACE CRABS WAS RITE AGAIN" and that would explain a lot

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

VictorianQueerLit posted:

they probably weren't torn apart by purebred "Pitbulls"
as long as they werent purebred it doesnt even count

good dogs attack robots not humans

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

I think he might also be tired of "SA harbors child predators" jokes because even a dumbass newbie like me is privy to the whole situation. Alls I'm saying is I'm seeing a whole lot of bans over the same basic "joke".

Anyway on topic: ban every dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
It was a good joke and topical too. I knew it would cost me but I did it anyway

• Locked thread