Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
mmm

thank goodness i'm just doing today i suppose

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

It’s the person who tried to laugh off a legit point with lol and omg, and then got weirdly upset with me as quoting those parts specifically when quoting their posts as if it was a constructed narrative

I don’t think Atomic Soda has hither to ever used lol or omg except to laugh along nervously to the idea of the vote swinging onto her

this is a read based on how i usually post, when i'm pretty sure this is our first game together that i can remember? frustration is not the same as nervousness.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yami Malik is quite obviously town btw

why do you think this?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

To be clear it’s not really about actually saying lol as opposed to like, haha or whatever. It’s about flippant and trying to laugh it off.

flippant or nervous?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I want to take over votefinder again so every votefinder post has a giant neon sign that says something like "You can't put forward hypotheticals about yourself" or "you cannot act as expert on your own behavior"

a bad post. what else should people do, not respond? of course you look at their response in light of their post/game history. people should absolutely call it out if they think someone is saying something about them that is incorrect. more content for the analysis machine.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

FWIW I know the thing about lols and omgs is dumb and I had a bit of pause based on her reaction but I still think Soda is scum and that her recent responses to me were frustration at being picked out for the wrong reasons.

ok so you believe what i said about my response at least

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Birdstrike and Monathin are occupying very similar spaces to me of people I don't have strong opinions of right now but they are putting effort out into casing and such so I want them to be town. I had a more negative view on Bird and a more positive view on Mona before.

I don't think I'll vote either of them. Typical set up numbers would suggest there are 3 scum so I think there should be another get out there even if one or both of them are scum. (Although I suppose there's a good chance this isn't a traditional set up, I still think it's likely that the numbers will hold)

Basically, I think one of these two could be scum, but I'd rather try to get the Soda/flerp scum first, if my grasp on the game is even close to accurate.

If the scumteam is actually something fun like Mona, Bird and Yami then we're truly screwed and they deserve a medal or something, particularly Yami.

i like that you're not just tunnelling here, though don't agree with reads.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

But also I'm not sure if the AS vote is something people are actually doing or if the people initially speaking in favour of it are planning on jumping off onto me, as seems to be the case increasingly.

yep, this is what i saw as well, either of us dead as being good for scum.

ok, i am happy to answer questions but my vote is landing on flerp in 5 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Uhg

Why do people I think are suspicious only start posting in revealing ways like one hour from deadline?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I do think flerp is a pretty safe vote at this point though. He has pretty much had nothing to say other than whining about cases on him.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

BTW the thing about being an expert on your own behavior is that it's just fundamentally useless to analyze or read. saying how you would do something if you were scum isn't helpful even if you are town because you don't even know how you would be reacting for real. You'd be trying to act how you act when you're town. The whole thing is silly and it's not even a mafia thing, people think they know themselves way better than they do. It's cool to have those kinds of opinions on other people because you can analyze that, but no poo poo is the person you're accusing of scum going to say "I'm not scum, I think the way I'm behaving is how a town player would behave"

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##vote flerp

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Uhg

Why do people I think are suspicious only start posting in revealing ways like one hour from deadline?

yeah sorry that is my bad, i thought we had another day but really no excuses. i've really got in my own head this game, i apologise to the mod.

that said ##vote flerp

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##unvote

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

BTW the thing about being an expert on your own behavior is that it's just fundamentally useless to analyze or read. saying how you would do something if you were scum isn't helpful even if you are town because you don't even know how you would be reacting for real. You'd be trying to act how you act when you're town. The whole thing is silly and it's not even a mafia thing, people think they know themselves way better than they do. It's cool to have those kinds of opinions on other people because you can analyze that, but no poo poo is the person you're accusing of scum going to say "I'm not scum, I think the way I'm behaving is how a town player would behave"

i agree with this, though i like to see what they think is behaving in a townie way to see if it lines up with earlier statements and actions.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Okay hey guys I'm here I woke up early so I can be at deadline

AS still seems to be OMGUSing and also is now voting flerp because why?

I don't like how they're suddenly rushing to vote flerp.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Yami Fenrir posted:

Okay hey guys I'm here I woke up early so I can be at deadline

AS still seems to be OMGUSing and also is now voting flerp because why?

I don't like how they're suddenly rushing to vote flerp.

i made a post about it and you as well, happy to answer questions

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I think posts like

Yami Fenrir posted:

Oh come on, that is bullshit and you know it. Flerp's content is suspicious beyond his lurking.

from yami are inconsistent with his position today so I’m suss of that but I have a surprise meeting now and will don’t have time to make that case properly

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This is the part of the game where I successfully convince everybody to vote bif

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This game is going to cause one of my organs to fail

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Atomic Soda posted:

i made a post about it and you as well, happy to answer questions

Birdstrike posted:

I think posts like

from yami are inconsistent with his position today so I’m suss of that but I have a surprise meeting now and will don’t have time to make that case properly

I literally made a post explaining I feel better about flerp, also my point is that I don't understand why AS is suddenly voted them. But I also just skimmed over posts since I literally just woke up 5 mins ago.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Yami Fenrir posted:

I literally made a post explaining I feel better about flerp, also my point is that I don't understand why AS is suddenly voted them. But I also just skimmed over posts since I literally just woke up 5 mins ago.

scumbros set you an alarm?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Don't really understand why you're suddenly pushing me so hard, AS screaming at you to push me off you in scumdoc?

Hmm...

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

At this point in the game you vote for who you'd hate losing to the most

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also while I'm really loving the mutual sass we've all settled into of accusing other people of listening to their scum buddies, its dumb

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

At this point in the game you vote for who you'd hate losing to the most

then no one would ever vote for flerp you know this

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yami I need you to level with me, why should I not vote flerp, explain this in 3 minutes

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hmmm voting for me is uhhhh not good, just so you all know

anyways, dont like this post

Birdstrike posted:

I think posts like

because people change their minds (which is good), but then again birb's been on my side the whole time but maybe hes dropping the charade because he sees the hammer dropping on me soon and wants to get yami to vote me

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also if a scum player comes out right now and admits to being the person who killed beet, I'll vote with you to let you win the game

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh poo poo is the deadline like rn wtf

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

flerp posted:

oh poo poo is the deadline like rn wtf

8 minutes

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I don't trust either of them 100%, really. It's just that AS continues to be my top scumread and I don't like how birb suddenly jumped on me over it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

awfully chill to show up right at deadline and be here to cast your vote but then also not know about it

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
thats dumb af we always had like 2 days i thought we had more time, my bad everyone

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If only we used the time that we had to post about our feelings instead of just whining about how much the frequent posters make the game "unreadable"

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

flerp who is scum?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im actually super sorry and if u want to lynch me then yeah go for it even tho it means town loses, i super hosed up

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

why the gently caress would you even say that, christ, get your poo poo together

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

flerp who is scum?

leaning towards birb and mona

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I apologize for swearing at you

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Honestly, looking back at the thread I can see flerp too.

##unvote

##vote flerp

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

why the gently caress would you even say that, christ, get your poo poo together

because i cant do poo poo in loving five minutes

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
no

I will never ##vote flerp

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: flerp, we hardly knew ye :(

Votecount for Day 4
With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 13th, 2018 at 12:15 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 minutes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

i see

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

good work yami, I only saw it when it was too late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

really the tip off should have been the two of you complaining that the other person wasn't reading the scumdoc in thread

• Locked thread