Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Anyone ever play one of one sneaky mouse's maps? He was probably the best mapmaker if you wanted to play rats style maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

deep dish peat moss posted:

The most memorable part of Half Life to me was the weird announcer voice system. The Black Mesa announcement voice didn't use any pre-recorded lines but instead it had a dictionary of 600 individual sound files containing one word each that were strung together to make sentences. Not only is the voice instantly recognizable, slightly surreal, very distinct and forever memorable (like pretty much all of the voice work from half life I guess) but that lead to a lot of fun times as server admins and modders found out that they could string the words together to make up new phrases that would play on their servers, and you could troll your friends during friendly deathmatch by making the announcer say "Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot." or "Immediately Quit Unauthorized Yankee Of Your Johnson Or Surrender To Sterilization" over and over.

https://tz-dev.github.io/hl_text2speech/#E

There were plugins to take it one step further with a plugin called Easy Speech. You could edit start, stop, pitch, and, speed to make it say whatever you want

For example "bitch" would be "amx_speakvox been(e40) test(e10) chamber(e10)". e=end, s=start. p=pitch t=time aka speed. It was fun just making it say nonsense or using it to make it say a player name to make them freak out.

other examples were
amx_speakvox you(e70) have(e80) a(e80) degrees(e80) from(e70) i team(e50) team(e50) ten(e40) key(e10) "you have a degree from ITT tech"

amx_speakvox six(p66) six(p66) six(p66) the(p66) number(p66) of(p66) the(p60) but(e20p60) east(s10p60) "666 number of the beast"

amx_speakvox do(e55) you(e55) e(e35) valid(e10) in(e60) liquid(e30) facility(e10) to(e10) break(e20) ok(e30) "Do you even lift bro"

Fun poo poo, sorry no videos I can find :(

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Lol at the joyless nerds who didn't like BM.

You are a clown.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I've now finished HL2 and Episode 1 using MMod and both of them have pretty bad finales. Strider and Gunship fights are really fun when the level is designed around mobility. The fight against the Strider in the citadel sucks because you can only damage it with the energy balls which also conveniently blind you so you're aiming in the general direction with a slow moving projectile while taking burst fire shots that take a quarter of your health at a time.

Same issue with the Strider fight in episode 1 where the Strider just stands there. This one also follows an absolute slog grabbing five groups of citizens and running through the train station.

I know it would probably break balancing but the AR2 really needs two or three more magazines worth of ammo capacity.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Saalkin posted:

You are a clown.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

'Backup my rear end MOVES!'

Barudak posted:

Half-Life 2 just did that again, but prettier, and with even worse filler between the shooty-bang bang that had also declined in quality. A real mediocre sequel all around.
I thought the shooty stuff was great in HL2 but there was so much downtime with physics puzzles and poo poo. I would probably think less of it if I played though it today though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
HL2 is fun in spurts but some of the downtime is pretty bad. The episodes are better for keeping the pacing up and you get amazing stuff like the hospital shootout in episode 1 or the sector sweep car chase in 2.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Saalkin posted:

You are a clown.

look man you can't just manufacture lightning in a bottle like that its not how it works

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEinCgoA48E

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
HL2 wasn't that good of a game. It was an awesome tech thing. Showing off its gravity.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

HL2 wasn't that good of a game. It was an awesome tech thing. Showing off its gravity.
suck my dick

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I'd really rather not

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
HL2 was fun barring a few bullshit sections.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEcf8lU24Jo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

HL2 was fun barring a few bullshit sections.

I was cool, expect for that bullshit see-saw section

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Don't ruin this thread too.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_FB4Bw99KU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

sigher posted:

Don't ruin this thread too.

Don’t tempt me

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

kazr posted:

CS 1.6 me and my buddy would play on a 24/7 cs_militia server. That map had a house that the terrorists spawned in and the counter terrorists had to get in to rescue the hostages. Terrorists almost always won so of course we played counter terrorists exclusively.

I had a program that let me play lovely compressed music files over my microphone and my go to was What Is Love by Haddaway because it sounded pretty okay with the compression. My username was "El Pumpo" and on multiple multiple occasions my entire team would die, I'd be the last one left, turn on Haddaway and kill 10+ terrorists with a pump shotgun. The next round would begin without anyone saying a word like what just happened wasn't completely insane.

My buddy was "Bartender Bill", we made it a goal to get into the bottom floor of the house and he'd crouch behind the counter while I lurked around a corner and light up anyone that came in. If it was convenient we'd maybe rescue the hostages. We'd camp "sewer 3" and taunt the terrorists to come down and fight us, running out the clock, while blasting Haddaway.
Hell yeah, good memories. The exploding poo poo, etc. Personally I loved that if your team was sucking poo poo it was totally ok to camp and go for cheap kills, annoying but part of the game design. Had to get creative with camping.

I played enough that I become a demi-God with the AWP and had a some servers returning like 10 ping. When people started hitching I also had zero shame in using the auto and showed them how awful their existence could be.

Before the new CS economy saving for an AWP took forever.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Alyx is just Jade from Beyond Good and Evil. :colbert:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The guy lying about his subscribers is the most typical CS poo poo I've ever heard lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swMabdUMcls

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)