Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Also just realized I used the L word again up the page. Sorry folks. I'd edit it out but mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Toadsmash posted:

He is probably my most unambiguous town read after Egalz. I was pretty down on him D1, but I've had nothing but good vibes since.

Of course, we can see how that went with Josef. :eng99:

The case for not lunching Shwinne today was to let Opop deal with him, which I think is a pretty good one. Caveat: I strongly suspect the redirector we probably still have floating around is scum or they would have claimed by now, so that's not entirely bulletproof?

We also have like 3+ doc claims, two of which claim the ability to multi-doc.

Shwinn living through today even if Opop is exactly what they claimed is not an unreasonable idea at all.

Salad's vote on JS is not much better than TMor's non-vote on JS, I think.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

We also have like 3+ doc claims, two of which claim the ability to multi-doc.

Shwinn living through today even if Opop is exactly what they claimed is not an unreasonable idea at all.

Salad's vote on JS is not much better than TMor's non-vote on JS, I think.

I guess we're not going to get 5 on salad today, so:

##vote Shwinn

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

EGalz18 posted:

This might be an unsupported avenue, but ##vote shwinn

From what he's shared, his role seems almost impossible without a bank of potential actions that other players might use, and he ignored me twice before when I asked about how "shot in the dark" his abilities were, even though it didn't seem like providing clarification would give anything more away in the thread then him just asking people to tell him their actions.

i definitely vibe with not liking the whole "i promise my role is townie you guys i promise i promise" thing but i cannot see how that is any less scummy than a claimed killing role with no restrictions in a 13-player game

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
plus i think shwinn is legit town cause of sandwolf's interactions with him d1 if you'll go back and reread my post on the matter

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Votecount for Day 3

shwinnebego (2): Opopanax, Opopanax, Toadsmash, Toadsmash, EGalz18, CubicalSucrose
Opopanax (2): shwinnebego, saladscooper, shwinnebego, saladscooper, saladscooper, shwinnebego
Tired Moritz (2): Opopanax, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, saladscooper, Toadsmash, Toadsmash, Toadsmash, saladscooper
saladscooper (1): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, EGalz18, Tired Moritz, EGalz18, CubicalSucrose
Toadsmash (1): Your Personal Muse, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego

Not Voting (0):

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 19th, 2023 at 4 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 hour, 34 minutes.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

##vote shwinne

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
if you execute shwinn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlNji6OOpE0 (skip to 1:30)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CubicalSucrose posted:

Opop - what do you do at night, if Shwinn gets elim'd today?

Put my hands in my pockets and whistle. Won’t have an action until tomorrow

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Okay y'all this is pretty weak. I am here and will probably vote most people to ensure we don't no-elim.

If you're here, please say either who you WILL or WON'T vote because you know, an hour.

Votecount for Day 3

shwinnebego (3): Opopanax, Opopanax, Toadsmash, Toadsmash, EGalz18, CubicalSucrose, Toadsmash
Opopanax (2): shwinnebego, saladscooper, shwinnebego, saladscooper, saladscooper, shwinnebego
saladscooper (1): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, EGalz18, Tired Moritz, EGalz18, CubicalSucrose
Tired Moritz (1): Opopanax, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, saladscooper, Toadsmash, Toadsmash, Toadsmash, saladscooper, Toadsmash
Toadsmash (1): Your Personal Muse, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, shwinnebego

Not Voting (0):

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 19th, 2023 at 4 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 hour, 4 minutes.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

EGalz18 posted:

This might be an unsupported avenue, but ##vote shwinn

From what he's shared, his role seems almost impossible without a bank of potential actions that other players might use, and he ignored me twice before when I asked about how "shot in the dark" his abilities were, even though it didn't seem like providing clarification would give anything more away in the thread then him just asking people to tell him their actions.

oh i didn't see that is all, yeah it's a total shot in the dark. it ain't a multiple choice question.

night 1 i guessed that stalin could track, and was told that i was incorrect and got nothin

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shwinne’ s not a great pick. Assuming one scum left he won’t have much choice, he can either get killed or try and stop me but he can’t do that and his own kill. If it’s tmor then the game is just over. If it’s someone else that’s stickier but we’ll deal with it

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

night 2 i guessed that maerlyn could assist. bzzt, also wrong.

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.
Fine ##vote tmor

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Shwinne’ s not a great pick. Assuming one scum left he won’t have much choice, he can either get killed or try and stop me but he can’t do that and his own kill. If it’s tmor then the game is just over. If it’s someone else that’s stickier but we’ll deal with it

I still want to vote Salad.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I'll

##vote TMor

but I'm not happy about it.

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

I'll

##vote TMor

but I'm not happy about it.

I mean, same, but this is a mess, and I'm down to vote any of you

*sighs heavily in Town*

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
##vote TMor

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Does no one want to vote out YPM?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##unvote

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##vote YPM

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’ll vote anyone, but in order of preference:

Tmor
Toad
Salad
Schwinn
Opop
Cube
Egalz

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Fine, guess not.

##vote TMor

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Your Personal Muse posted:

I’ll vote anyone, but in order of preference:

Tmor
Toad
Salad
Schwinn
Opop
Cube
Egalz

You do it then.

Votecount for Day 3

Tired Moritz (4): Opopanax, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, saladscooper, Toadsmash, Toadsmash, Toadsmash, saladscooper, Toadsmash, EGalz18, CubicalSucrose, saladscooper, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
shwinnebego (1): Opopanax, Opopanax, Toadsmash, Toadsmash, EGalz18, CubicalSucrose, Toadsmash, EGalz18, CubicalSucrose
Opopanax (1): shwinnebego, saladscooper, shwinnebego, saladscooper, saladscooper, shwinnebego, saladscooper
Your Personal Muse (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose

Not Voting (0):

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 19th, 2023 at 4 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 39 minutes.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

##vote TMor

:hammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Tired Moritz was actually town, I can't believe you all.

Votecount for Day 3

Tired Moritz (5): Opopanax, shwinnebego, shwinnebego, saladscooper, Toadsmash, Toadsmash, Toadsmash, saladscooper, Toadsmash, EGalz18, CubicalSucrose, saladscooper, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, Toadsmash
Opopanax (1): shwinnebego, saladscooper, shwinnebego, saladscooper, saladscooper, shwinnebego, saladscooper
shwinnebego (0): Opopanax, Opopanax, Toadsmash, Toadsmash, EGalz18, CubicalSucrose, Toadsmash, EGalz18, CubicalSucrose, Toadsmash
Your Personal Muse (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose

Not Voting (0):

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 19th, 2023 at 4 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 34 minutes.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
It cannot be, yet it is. The number of pages in this book is exactly infinite. No page is the first; none the last. I don’t know why they’re numbered in this arbitrary way. Perhaps it’s to demonstrate that an infinite series includes any number.

Tired Moritz, The Book of Sand, SCUM-aligned JOAT, has vanished.

The Book of Sand posted:

At night, you can pick a player to modify their action. You have one shot of each modification, and they will refill if all of them get spent for any reason.

##Redirect: Your target's action will go to an objective of your choice.
##Silence: Your target's action will not be observable by any normal methods.
##Delay: Your target's action will take effect one night phase after it was entered. Action's sucess will be determined in the phase it gets modified, not the phase where it takes effect.

You cannot self-target.

There are no more threats to town, thus the game ends with a TOWN victory!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
These are the remaining living players:

Like all men in Babylon I have been a proconsul; like all, a slave; I have also known omnipotence, opprobrium, jail. Look: the index finger of my right hand is missing. Look again: through this rent in my cape you can see a ruddy tatoo on my belly. It is the second symbol, Beth. This letter, on nights of full moon, gives me power over men whose mark is Ghimel; but it also subordinates me to those marked Aleph, who on moonless nights owe obedience to those marked Ghimel. In a cellar at dawn, I have severed the jugular vein of sacred bulls against a black rock. During one lunar year, I have been declared invisible: I shrieked and was not heard, I stole my bread and was not decapitated.

Your Personal Muse, Lottery of Babylon, TOWN-aligned Randomized Inventor.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

As a private day action, you can select an option from the list and publicly use ##raffle in thread. A random living player, you included, will receive a one-shot item. The list will refill upon running out of items.

1x ##Proconsul - One-shot night action. When used on another player, opens a temporary one-day masonry with a communal Governor power.
1x ##Slave - Automaticallly bodyguards the Lottery of Babylon the following night.
1x ##Convict - Automatically self-jails the following night.
1x ##Invisible - Automatically becomes a stump the next day; cannot vote or be voted out. Effect will be announced by the mods and lasts for a single day.

If someone were to tell me that there are unicorns on the moon, I could accept or reject the report, or suspend judgement, but it is something I could imagine. If, on the other hand, I were told that six or seven unicorns on the moon could be three, I would declare a priori that such a thing was impossible. The man who has learnt that three plus one are four doesn't have to go through a proof of that assertion with coins, or dice, or chess pieces, or pencils. He knows it, and that's that. He cannot conceive a different sum. There are mathematicians who say that three plus one is a tautology for four, a different way of saying "four" ... But I, Alexander Craigie, of all men on earth, was fated to discover the only objects that contradict that essential law of the human mind.

Toadsmash, Blue Tigers, TOWN-aligned Dododoctor.

Blue Tigers posted:

At the start of each night, roll a 1d6.

You can ##doc as many targets as the result of your die.

If you successfully block at least one kill attempt, you will start the day with a number of anonymous votes on you equal to the result of your die. Shall this number go higher than the vote threshold, you will die instantly without ending the day.

My friend Borges once described a Zahir, which in Buenos Aires in 1939 was a coin, a ten-centavo piece, with the letters ‘N’ and ‘T’ and the numeral ‘2’ scratched crudely in the obverse. Whomsoever saw this coin was consumed by it, in a manner of speaking, and could think of nothing else, until at last their personality ceased to exist, and they were reduced to a babbling corpse with nothing to talk about but the coin, the coin, always the coin. To have one’s mind devoured by coins, that is a terrible fate, although one which is common enough in these mercenary times. But to have one’s mind devoured by the thought of a coin, that is strange and far more terrible.

Opopanax, The Zahir, TOWN-aligned Obsession.

The Zahir posted:

By day, you can ##message a player. Once your message has been sent, your target becomes linked to you; you can send them a message every day, but you cannot change your target.

At night, you can ##track or ##kill the player you are linked to.

Your linked player is protected from any killing actions not your own.

If your linked player dies, you will be able to pick a new target starting next day.

The never changing rooftops filled the window, and the hazy six o'clock sun hung in the sky. It seemed incredible that this day, a day without warnings or omens, might be that of my implacable death. In spite of my dead father, in spite of having been a child in one of the symmetrical gardens of Hai Feng, was I to die now? Then I reflected that all things happen, happen to one, precisely now. Century follows century, and things happen only in the present. There are countless men in the air, on land and at sea, and all that really happens happens to me...

saladscooper, Garden of Forking Paths, TOWN-aligned Spy.

Garden of Forking Paths posted:

At night, you can ##peer at another player. You will be told if that player has the ability to kill or prevent a kill.

As a private day action, you may ##publish a message to the thread. It will be posted by a mod but it will be made clear that it comes from an anonymous player.

Menard has (perhaps unwittingly) enriched the slow and rudimentary art of reading by means of a new technique - the technique of deliberate anachronism and fallacious attribution.

shwinnebego, Pierre Menard, Author of the Quixote, TOWN-aligned Method Writer.

Pierre Menard, Author of the Quixote posted:

Each night, you have one private attempt at guessing the name of an action a living player has available that same night. If you ##guess correctly, you get a one-shot of that action, available from next night onwards. You will also be told whether the original holder of the action is TOWN or NOT TOWN. You cannot guess the same action more than once.

Everything is repeated many times, fourteen times, but two things in the world seem to be repeated only once: above, the intricate sun; below, Asterion.

EGalz18, The House of Asterion, TOWN-aligned Passive Masonizer.

The House of Asterion posted:

Everyone who visits you will enter a masonry with you for the length of the next day and night phase. This includes already dead players.

Funes could continuously make out the tranquil advances of corruption, of caries, of fatigue. He noted the progress of death, of moisture. He was the solitary and lucid spectator of a multiform world which was instantaneously and almost intolerably exact.

CubicalSucrose, Funes, the Memorious, TOWN-aligned Chronicler.

Funes, the Memorious posted:

At night, you can ##watch up to two players. You will not be told your results. Upon your death, a full list of all the players that visited your targets will be published in thread, separated by nights. You cannot target yourself with this ability.

Thank you for playing!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Wow, sorry Salad!

Good work, everyone but me.

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Those are some neat roles! Thanks, Wolo and Shell!!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

CubicalSucrose posted:

Wow, sorry Salad!

Good work, everyone but me.

you're begrudgingly forgiven

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
tell them

tell them what happened

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Your Personal Muse posted:

tell them

tell them what happened

Ok, so as you can all see from YPM's role, he got to choose an effect and then raffle (randomly choose) a winner.

On D1, he chose the stump and won. (1/13 = 0.0769)

On D3, he chose the bodyguard... and won! (1/8 * 1/13 = 0.0096)

He won both raffles and got the honor of stumping and bodyguarding himself, a 0.96% chance!!

There is a moral somewhere, that's for sure.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I am forever embittered that my spanish speaking gimmick attracted so much attention

It wasn't even scum cover smdh

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Oh thank god

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Also Clo made my “submission” d1, but I didn’t want to give undue credibility to the fake contest so I presented without comment

Also also I would take a bullet for myself

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Praise me more :argh:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Opopanax posted:

Wow you tried to kill schwinn? Everyone knew they were town

Try better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Opopanax posted:

CubicalSucrose posted:

Why Stalin over Salad? Actually, I think I can see that, but curious if you've got more than what I have or if you're "just" town MVP so far this game.

Opop MVP. Single-handedly won us the game, pretty much.