Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
New Strip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'm guessing that Haley's dad won't be so thrilled about this development.

Edit: Or he'll try to ransom Elan.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ian's got it wrong. Smart people are absolutely cut out to be gladiators. Their potential in the arena is directly proportional to how much they understand about the warlord's convoluted scheme.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

My Lovely Horse posted:

Ian's got it wrong. Smart people are absolutely cut out to be gladiators. Their potential in the arena is directly proportional to how much they understand about the warlord's convoluted sche-AAAAAAAAAAARRRGGHHHHH!!!

Counterpoint.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

In actual games, this is by far my favourite way to handle discussions with stubborn NPCs.

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

Panel 6 made me laugh.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Wow, no one posted the new strip yet?

Click here for the full 702x1821 image.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Humanoid Female posted:

Panel 6 made me laugh.
Panel 6 is great because it's pure Elan. He knows that Haley's dad is mad at him, but he doesn't know why, so he's just trying his poor stupid heart out to fix it.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Shades of the dwarfs from The Last Battle in the new strip. He won't be taken in, so he won't let them take him out...

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Having the scene that shows his refusal to have faith literally take place in a prison makes it really on the nose.

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
What a horrible old poo poo.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY
Aren't they living in a universe where alignment is a literal discernable thing? I mean there's undetectable alignment, but its not like there arent spells that bypass everything.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Trust a diviner? No way.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Mystic Mongol posted:

Trust a diviner? No way.

The diviner could be lying to you. The whole GUILD could be lying! The system is predicated on a lie!

Trust no one.

Also, this song pretty much sums up Ian Starshine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G02b5pfnJYk

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

Mystic Mongol posted:

Trust a diviner? No way.

Zone of Truth? You can't handle the truth.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
You can bluff your way through a zone of truth a couple of ways anyways. Programmed Amnesia comes to mind, as does an absurd bluff modifier, thought bottles, etc. Ian's right to be paranoid! Because a poorly optimized bard with a terrible int score could do roughly... none of that.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Unless he's under a spell to act like that, then when certain conditions are met it triggers his true personality?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zore posted:

You can bluff your way through a zone of truth a couple of ways anyways. Programmed Amnesia comes to mind, as does an absurd bluff modifier, thought bottles, etc. Ian's right to be paranoid! Because a poorly optimized bard with a terrible int score could do roughly... none of that.
Yeah, but how is Ian supposed to know that Elan is a poorly optimized bard?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Well I can't take this seriously. There's only so many hairstyles you can make in a stick figure comic, but seriously, Haley's mom has the same displaced hair, and colored hair tie and so on that Haley had.

Cue the Giantitp forums unironicly claiming Haley is a time lord who is her own mother. :haw:

Maybe I'm just being overly negative, but this arc focuses on the two characters whom I view to be the least likeable, so. :v:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Anatharon posted:

Well I can't take this seriously. There's only so many hairstyles you can make in a stick figure comic, but seriously, Haley's mom has the same displaced hair, and colored hair tie and so on that Haley had.
They live in a universe where you can inherit genre savviness, and you're quibbling at hairstyles being passed down?

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Zore posted:

The funny thing is, you don't even need to bluff - to beat a Zone of Truth, all you need to do is pass a Will Save, something that Bards (or at least Bards with a positive Wisdom score) are quite good at.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Anatharon posted:

Cue the Giantitp forums unironicly claiming Haley is a time lord who is her own mother. :haw:

Maybe I'm just being overly negative, but this arc focuses on the two characters whom I view to be the least likeable, so. :v:

She has the same hair style but the hair was carefully made to appear different, such as the stray one being a little different.

gaxsezu
Jan 28, 2008
Well I don't know about you guys, but I agree with that other guy. Daughters looking similar to their mothers is complete bullshit and it's ruining this entire strip for me.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

gaxsezu posted:

Well I don't know about you guys, but I agree with that other guy. Daughters looking similar to their mothers is complete bullshit and it's ruining this entire strip for me.

They look more like identical twins then mother/daughter.

Cliff Racer posted:

She has the same hair style but the hair was carefully made to appear different, such as the stray one being a little different.

I legitimately can't see a difference in the strand of hair.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Anatharon posted:

They look more like identical twins then mother/daughter.

I legitimately can't see a difference in the strand of hair.

Her mother's hair-strand was drawn with a thicker brush tool. That's about it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I think it's pretty goddamn late to start bitching about the art.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cabbit posted:

I think it's pretty goddamn late to start bitching about the art.
Are we still allowed to bitch about the :words:?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Would be pretty crazy if Elan actually was evil.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
That's been preemptively disproven in strip 11, since Unholy Blight has no effect on Evil characters.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

DaveWoo posted:

Are we still allowed to bitch about the :words:?

If you're this far into the strip you know exactly what to expect.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Also, why did no one make the "they have the same hair asdfasdf" complaint about Tarquin? :rolleyes:

gaxsezu
Jan 28, 2008
He was gritting his teeth through that until Haley's mom came into the picture. There's only so much a man can take.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

New strip.

Strabo4 fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 3, 2011

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

XkyRauh posted:

Also, why did no one make the "they have the same hair asdfasdf" complaint about Tarquin? :rolleyes:

Because Tarquin looked different from Elan due to at least having grey hair.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
drat Burlew has been posting up a storm.

It's actually really sweet how Haley's grim past has come to light and how Roy can accept it so openly. It's nice to see how tightly knit they really are by now. :3:

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Anatharon posted:

Because Tarquin looked different from Elan due to at least having grey hair.

Man, are you trollin me? You must be trolling. Could it possibly be due to Haley's mother being taken from her at a young age and in a traumatic way, and Haley thus likes to do her hair similarly as some small connection to her mother? Because that was honestly the first thing I thought of when you brought up their hair being the same.

Dedhed
Feb 27, 2005
I hope the pace keeps up here. Man it got slow there for a while.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

New comic:

:smith:

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

First Roy, then Elan, and now Haley...thinking Berlew might have daddy issues. Maybe Belkar's dad will be a cheerful, loving, excellent father completely bewildered by his psychopathic offspring (who he loves anyway).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

navyjack posted:

First Roy, then Elan, and now Haley...thinking Berlew might have daddy issues. Maybe Belkar's dad will be a cheerful, loving, excellent father completely bewildered by his psychopathic offspring (who he loves anyway).

Evidence for V being male, maybe? Cause he has sure hosed up his role as male parent.