Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Joramun posted:

Mothim is nowhere near Gurmish-looking enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
No cheeto dust on those pokemans. :colbert:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Arnold of Soissons posted:

No cheeto dust on those pokemans. :colbert:

Cheez Doodles. They are Cheez Doodles.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
It's as if he wrote this just for the sake of this thread... He has to know what a fucker he is.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

smarion2 posted:

It's as if he wrote this just for the sake of this thread... He has to know what a fucker he is.

Does this mean he's more self-aware than any of us suspected?

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Elindale posted:

If he is, then that's even worse.

It's one thing to be a creep and not realize it.

It is quite another to understand what you are doing and continue to carry on.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

Elindale posted:

On August 29, 1997 the GURM becomes self-aware.

The Winds of Winter is inevitable. It has only been postponed.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
Just got the pear shaped man from a friend. What do you think wildcards should I give it a go? What is read can not be unread.

Rurik posted:

The Winds of Winter is inevitable. It has only been postponed.

Indefinitely

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

After a whole weekend of the beta being unavailable due to patch 15, I finally managed to get some playtime in. It wasn't much, maybe 20 minutes or so; not because I had something else to do, but rather, patch 15 made me very uncomfortable.

I'm no n00b when it comes to Diablo, and I'm definitely no n00b when it comes to D3 beta. I took over 30 characters to lvl 13. I know what's up.

So as with all wipes, I rolled a girl DH, created a game, and started Game of Thrones on my other screen. Yeah, I'm really that good. I can watch a TV show while beat the SK 6 ways all the way to Sunday.

I walked my sexy little half-naked DH around without a care. Hey! Zombies! I just watched the Walking Dead finale! Hey! Spiky thingies! I love hedgehogs... Wait! WHAT?! Red screen?! How?!

Oh did I make her work those legs of hers! Run, Kalashnikova! RUN!!!

I cannot believe it. My darling DH almost got killed right outside of New Tristrim. A little bit of background: My Kalashnikova has NEVER seen the "red screen"... EVER.

I was confused. That was NOT supposed to happen. But, that was the reality of patch 15. I turned off Game of Thrones.

This poster is a better writer than GRRM

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Dead Man Posting posted:

I don't know; his writings lack detained descriptions of child molestation and/or bloody diarrhea so I don't see how he could measure up to GRRM.

zocio
Nov 3, 2011
That post does not belong here. :colbert: There are no food descriptions.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Dead Man Posting posted:

Of course.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

smarion2 posted:

Just got the pear shaped man from a friend. What do you think wildcards should I give it a go? What is read can not be unread.

Do it and report your findings. Best of luck.

Dead Man Posting posted:

Such a high honor indeed.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Dead Man Posting posted:

For a second I thought that was GRRM's latest blog post.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
He has combined my hatred of The Jets, Tebow and of course, the GRRM himself all in one posting http://grrm.livejournal.com/274213.html

Colonel Pancreas
Jun 17, 2004

Hot Dog Day #31 posted:

He has combined my hatred of The Jets, Tebow and of course, the GRRM himself all in one posting http://grrm.livejournal.com/274213.html

At least that means he's getting writing done.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Mood: distressed

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
I thought he was a Giants fan? Also Mark Sanchez is not a good QB and Tim Tebow is far from the worst QB in the league so it seems like even by not spending any time writing, GRRM cannot keep up well enough to form correct opinions about football.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sophia posted:

I thought he was a Giants fan? Also Mark Sanchez is not a good QB and Tim Tebow is far from the worst QB in the league so it seems like even by not spending any time writing, GRRM cannot keep up well enough to form correct opinions about football.

Maybe GRRM has lost interest in football because none of the quarterbacks raped anyone last season.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Sophia posted:

I think he's weirdly a fan of the Jets and the Giants.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I had no one to talk shop about asoiaf with so my gal let me spoil the poo poo out of it for her, it's fun watching the show now because it's not even episode 3 and I'm like "Yeah, they never see eachother again" at least 3 times.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I had no one to talk shop about asoiaf with so my gal let me spoil the poo poo out of it for her, it's fun watching the show now because it's not even episode 3 and I'm like "Yeah, they never see eachother again" at least 3 times.

You're going to look really silly when season 7 comes along and there's a zombie Stark reunion.

smarion2 fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 22, 2012

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah, I'm re-watching and all of those scenes make me sad in advance.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

smarion2 posted:

You're going to look really silly when season 7 comes along and there's a zombie Stark reunion.

Considering all the ways there are to come back at this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Any scenes involving a wolf-headed Robb coming back and making war on Lannisters would redeem all the questionable returns for me.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Any scenes involving a wolf-headed Robb coming back and making war on Lannisters would redeem all the questionable returns for me.
That wouldn't be a wolf-headed Robb, but a human-bodied Grey Wind. I mean that in an ontological sense, not just semantics.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Joramun posted:

That wouldn't be a wolf-headed Robb, but a human-bodied Grey Wind.

It would be both. Grey Wind would control the head, Robb would control the rest.

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

Urdnot Fire posted:

It would be both. Grey Wind would control the head, Robb would control the rest.

This leads to several awkward scenes in which Robb holds his body rigidly still while his head attempts fruitlessly to sniff Ghost's rear end.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The real question is....would you put your human-bodied-wolf-brain into a robot body?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Scuzzywuffit posted:

This leads to several awkward scenes in which Robb holds his body rigidly still while his head attempts fruitlessly to sniff Ghost's rear end.

Ghost, now being inhabited by Jon, gets kicked in the stomach repeatedly by UnCat.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The real question is....would you put your human-bodied-wolf-brain into a robot body?

I'm sure Qyburn could manage it. Somehow.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Urdnot Fire posted:

That's not how biology works.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Joramun posted:

That's not how biology works.

Biology works differently in Westeros. It is known.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Urdnot Fire posted:

In this scenario Grey Wind's brain is probably magically fused to Robb's nervous system therefore Grey Wind is also controlling the body. There isn't some sort of external brain relay in play here.

:science:

Edit: beaten, but the only difference in biology so far was the targaryen epithelial cells being heat resistant

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Did they also stick Robb's head onto Grey Wind's body? It would be pretty funny to have a zombie Robb head/Grey Wind body running around. aybe he could team up with zombie Cat.

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

It works because Robb's head is revived by a Red Priest, and he wargs into the Robb/Grey Wind monstrosity because being a head is boring.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Scuzzywuffit posted:

It works because Robb's head is revived by a Red Priest, and he wargs into the Robb/Grey Wind monstrosity because being a head is boring.
Where was Qyburn when we needed him? I'm sure he'd have been able to re-animate the composite creature, preferably while laughing maniacally and shouting "It's alive!".

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Factor_VIII posted:

Where was Qyburn when we needed him? I'm sure he'd have been able to re-animate the composite creature, preferably while laughing maniacally and shouting "It's alive!".

In a stunning twist, Ser Robert Strong is actually Robb/Grey Wind combined with Ser Gregor and Syrio Forel.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Urdnot Fire posted:

In a stunning twist, Ser Robert Strong is actually Robb/Grey Wind combined with Ser Gregor and Syrio Forel.

Syrio Forwl would have to be dead for that to work out.

Tom Toddlesworth
Nov 4, 2008

There is something profoundly erotic about the cosmos.
When you write the Game of Thrones, it sucks or you die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Quit giving Bioware ideas!