Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

Today's Oglaf is kinda bad, but it raises an interesting question: what's the point of capital punishment in a fantasy setting with resurrection? I guess maybe it's expensive, but does that mean rich people's lawyers would argue for execution over prison so that their client could pop straight back to life at the nearest temple?

I'm going to go with 'it makes the punishers feel better.' Catharsis is a strong thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Skippy McPants posted:

Today's Oglaf is kinda bad, but it raises an interesting question: what's the point of capital punishment in a fantasy setting with resurrection? I guess maybe it's expensive, but does that mean rich people's lawyers would argue for execution over prison so that their client could pop straight back to life at the nearest temple?

I bet the experience of dying is still horrible, even if you get resurrected later.

Alternately: death means death, if you've been sentenced to death and someone brings you to life you're an outlaw and your life is forfeit. Any estate caught paying for a resurrection of an executed person is seized by the state/kingdom.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You are legally confined to a cemetery or some dilapidated mansion and everyone has to ignore you at all times.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
PERMAPROBED

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Garrand posted:

I'm only a month behind but can I just comment on how :3: this donkey is?

He's so happy to be finally getting some attention

That's one fine rear end.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

Why is that man humping his own corpse, is the question, I believe.

Are you asking what is that man is doing to his anus?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I bet the experience of dying is still horrible, even if you get resurrected later.

Alternately: death means death, if you've been sentenced to death and someone brings you to life you're an outlaw and your life is forfeit. Any estate caught paying for a resurrection of an executed person is seized by the state/kingdom.

as a narrative-focused DM, my policy is that if you want to keep a character that dies, no matter the party's power level, you can do so-

but you're gonna owe a complete rear end in a top hat one hell of a favor

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Nancy is lit.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
He's back.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
do you think heathcliffe's creator is even conscious, or does he live in some perma fever-dream only briefly awakening from the nightmare to try and communicate esoterically with the outside world before lapsing back again

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

DELL COMICS ARE GOOD COMICS

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/nathanwpyle/status/1069822195810091008

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

DELL COMICS ARE GOOD COMICS

An immortal being's supernatural mind control powers are kind of a heavy subject for a kids' comic

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

your friend a dog posted:

do you think heathcliffe's creator is even conscious, or does he live in some perma fever-dream only briefly awakening from the nightmare to try and communicate esoterically with the outside world before lapsing back again
https://theoutline.com/post/4084/the-internet-oddballs-who-think-the-heathcliff-comics-are-deep?zd=5&zi=biinqkog

quote:

However, Gallagher did little to explain the weirdness in and of itself. Even when I specifically bring the stranger aspects of the strip up, he lumps them together with the traditional ones when describing his creative process. He describes his comic sensibility as “offbeat,” but goes no further than that, saying that he now avoids “traditional gags.” He kept referring to his sense of humor and “what I think is funny” but wouldn’t quite define what they actually were. While composing Heathcliff, he’s “just doodling and drawing and writing words” until he hits something — like a sketch of Heathcliff flying in the air — and he starts to write a comic around it. “The key for me is to be in a relaxed and positive mood,” he explains. Gallagher is proud of how this comic he has inherited has become his own, a repository for opaque thoughts that even he might not understand.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Phlegmish posted:

An immortal being's supernatural mind control powers are kind of a heavy subject for a kids' comic

Truly the stuff of nightmares.

I presume that Shirley Temple's death two months later wasn't a coincidence.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 12:20 on Dec 4, 2018

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Post Your Favorite Comic: a repository for opaque thoughts that even we might not understand.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Wow I remember really liking Daisy owl but I didn't think you could find it anywhere on the internet anymore

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

That's kind of basically the perfect sense of humour for the modern internet.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Posting Gilchrist stuff should be considered a war crime.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I am reminded of the fact that I want Gilchrist to be in prison - for his crimes obviously but mostly for that absolute disaster of a comic.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Gilchrist's Nancy should have been called "Aunt Fritzy's Big Ol' Tiddies", because they were his star character.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Clitch posted:

Gilchrist's Nancy should have been called "Aunt Fritzy's Big Ol' Tiddies", because they were his star character.

That and country music obituaries and constant references to the fact that he used to draw the Muppets.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
No, gently caress you. You can't go slapping your weird sex poo poo terms on anything anthromorphic.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Post your favorite comic: Rover Dangerfield Was Not A Fursona

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

None of the subsequent panels answered the problem erected in the first panel.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

HPanda posted:

None of the subsequent panels answered the problem erected in the first panel.

see, that one actually got a delayed wry grin out of me

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
lmao i'm retarded

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nuevo posted:

see, that one actually got a delayed wry grin out of me

I don't dwell on such trivial fursuits.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

trivial fursuits.

Now that's a username

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Dreddout posted:

Now that's a username

Or a hilarious Curb Your Enthusiasm style sitcom about a furry.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Zelder posted:

Wow I remember really liking Daisy owl but I didn't think you could find it anywhere on the internet anymore

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Clitch posted:

So it did have a redeeming feature

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

Dreddout posted:

Now that's a username

Also, it's goons' trivia team name

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Good, disturbing comic thread. :nws:

https://twitter.com/pollynor/status/1068260639011934213

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Man these are great, I can't believe I've never heard of it before.

http://daisyowl.com/comic/

Been going for 10 years even!