Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Gay, hooah SEX FARM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYfGx1b58Qo

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

spacetoaster posted:

I drove past a breakfast diner in some farmland the other day (it was around 0400, still quite dark) and it was full of local farmers laughing and drinking their coffee. Just getting ready for a day of riding a tractor and throwing hay around.

If I sound jealous as gently caress, it's because I am.

Do you think the farmers who just ride tractors and throw hay around make about $140K/year+ with free health insurance?

If so, sick job.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

Do you think the farmers who just ride tractors and throw hay around make about $140K/year+ with free health insurance?

If so, sick job.

My grandpa doesn't make that much but he just putters around 50 acres poking at apple/pear trees and making sure the bees and the catfish are doing ok.

I get that money is how some people measure winning, and I realize it's easy for me to say that, but I'm just excited to be getting into a job that I love and doing it (even though most retiring dudes will make waay more than me).

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Money is mostly a matter of being able to obtain the lifestyle you want. If you want a nice big house, you either live further out or stack that paper.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Work days are the only time I appreciate getting my rear end up at 3 A.M to get to work at 4, work out for an hour and a half and then start my 12 hour shift... Go to bed around 8:45 and repeat.

Since I only work 3 days in a row during the week, I love this. Sip coffee as I drive to work, 1-2 vehicles on a usually busy highway, and I listen to sports radio or BBC news depending on what's be touted.

Getting a great workout in before work in our tiny little gym in the basement of the hospital is also super nice.

But if it's my day off you can go right ahead and suck my sleepy dick from the back because getting up before 7 A.M is stupid AF.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Well, you say that, but with each passing day I consider a little more strongly going into the office at 7 instead of 8 just so that I don't have to put up with the stupid and highly-variable traffic (it's usually only 20 minutes, no biggie, but still).

e: midnight posting, can't sleep, alarm goes off in about five and a half hours :toot:

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 28, 2018

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I refuse to commute more than 15 minutes. JBLM ruined that "move further out" option.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I just went from a 2000+ sq ft house on half an acre and a 50 minute commute to a 450sq ft studio apartment 10 minutes from work and I couldn't be happier. The stress and time spent driving just wasn't worth it.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I've found having a 20-30 minute commute is kind of ideal for me. Gives me time to switch out of work mode, relax, listen to some podcasts. That way when I get home, I'm in full chill mode and can ignore anything that happened beforehand.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

My commute is 5-10 minutes by bicycle. I haven’t been in my car since Sunday.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

DoktorLoken posted:

My commute is 5-10 minutes by bicycle. I haven’t been in my car since Sunday.

I’m moving soon and will miss my bicycle commute. It’s so good.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AIRBORNE

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
C

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
C

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
C130 rolling down the strip

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
64 TROOPERS GONNA CRASH INTO A SKIP

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Forget this airborne stuff

I WENT TO THE POOL

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
A YELLOW BIRD

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Facebook shows me that they're selling shirts about this now.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AIRBORNE

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
There's a flea on the hair and a hair on the wart and a wart on the frog and a frog on the leaf and a leaf on a branch and a branch on a log and a log in a hole and a hole in the bottom of the sea.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Aranan posted:

There's a flea on the hair and a hair on the wart and a wart on the frog and a frog on the leaf and a leaf on a branch and a branch on a log and a log in a hole and a hole in the bottom of the sea.
All of a sudden, my childhood makes a whole lot more sense. :stare:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

this thread has been disavowed, i need all your dog tags

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I never wear mine bitch

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Yo though you know at least one dude that is out reads this thread and wears his still

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I haven’t had dog tags since ~2 years before I got out

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I used to give my dog tags to girls because for some reason it was a panty dropper.

Other than that those things never really served a purpose for me.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Inspectable items can eat my rear end

Trying to figure out if that's just a fake army word or if it needs a hyphen like a book from the 50s because auto correct hates it

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

mods change my name posted:

Inspectable items can eat my rear end

Trying to figure out if that's just a fake army word or if it needs a hyphen like a book from the 50s because auto correct hates it
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inspectable

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

I used to give my dog tags to girls because for some reason it was a panty dropper.

Other than that those things never really served a purpose for me.

cole would give random women his full name blood type and full SSN lol

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

cole would give random women his full name blood type and full SSN lol

In front of her son

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I was wondering a little while ago how the hell you're supposed to get rid of those things. A piece of paper with your SSN is easy, but a chunk of metal stamped with most of the information someone would need to steal your identity? The best part is that they're useless, they don't do anything, and can't be used to identify you if you're dead like they used to.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

A Bad Poster posted:

I was wondering a little while ago how the hell you're supposed to get rid of those things. A piece of paper with your SSN is easy, but a chunk of metal stamped with most of the information someone would need to steal your identity? The best part is that they're useless, they don't do anything, and can't be used to identify you if you're dead like they used to.

Why you using your SSN, old man? DOD service numbers now. :colbert: (I'm an old man too)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
On the dogtags?!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

On the dogtags?!

I was at an AIT graduation THE OTHER FUCKEN DAY. YES.

And we don't do bayonets anymore.

I asked a private, in passing, "hey man, what makes the green grass grow (smug look on my face)?" His response: "What the gently caress does that even mean you old gently caress?"

Cue me tackling the nearest DS and asking whatthefuckareyoudoingtomygoshdarnarmy!?!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's loving weird. Though TBF we didn't do bayonets in 2010-2011 either.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

We did in 07. Goddamn things kept coming off.

I was also beastmode at the American Gladiator thing.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
They didn't do any bayonet training in 2012, and by then the course was so ridiculously overgrown you could just see the heads of the dummies. We also didn't do any combative but that was because they didn't have anyone certified to teach it. Who gives a poo poo about any of that stuff, though, really? The one guy I knew who got up close and personal in combat ended up beating that Iraqi to death with his helmet after being shot in the hand through his rifle while clearing a building. He got a silver star for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Soulex posted:

We did in 07. Goddamn things kept coming off.

I was also beastmode at the American Gladiator thing.

I got my nose busted by Ivan swinging back.