Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnBaMiibjvI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
bushido blade was about more than just the fact you could kill some one in one hit. if you can't cut some one's arm and disable it without killing them then it's not a true modern day bushido blade.

gonna become a grumpy monk sitting on the top of a mountain shouting about samurai games these days

e: the game looks fine though I just wish recent games in this style would implement a limb damage system

TGLT fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 18, 2024

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

and you need the ability to free run around the entire stage and even transfer to new stages entirely!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

It's a good game

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Someone compiled the Sol things Bea has, though they I guess didn't have room for her 66L being his fS.

https://x.com/Froggy_Prinz/status/1791366579290050589

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's a good game

https://twitter.com/SeanSeansonYT/status/1791442700916404666

Agreed

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Y'know, when it first came out kid me was mad that it wasn't a Capcom game, but now I feel like I missed out

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Quan Chi with a Xavier skin.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

chumbler posted:

Someone compiled the Sol things Bea has, though they I guess didn't have room for her 66L being his fS.

https://x.com/Froggy_Prinz/status/1791366579290050589

sol goodgirl

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

god bless sean seanson

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

I guess X really did give it to him.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

i thought bushido blade 2 was really cool, i remember fighting gun opponents was really satisfying

edit: lol this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV_L0kOWgdk

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

God drat why is granblue so good. I love this game.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i can tell you from personal experience there was a very clear nerd hierarchy in that discord that was maintained through lack of communication on how to properly use the modding tools, moreover to the point of there being an entirely separate subchannel dedicated to Reverse Engineering game assets that was entirely shut off to any novices with a genuine desire to learn

Alot of the documentation is extremely outdated, btw

https://twitter.com/thesackutapu/status/1791587358091198883?t=cS9hG_pdoDX5BjwTWITiRg&s=19

https://twitter.com/calikingz01/status/1791606174091272446?t=1XEAV0BlPINvAcIDldfFqw&s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 19, 2024

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

chumbler posted:

God drat why is granblue so good. I love this game.

It really is the loving sleeper hit of the year

It's like Street Fighter and GG had a baby, with some blazblue on the side

Just an amazing accomplishment of a game, from a game that was stillborn due to bad netcode and design its first outing

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 19, 2024

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I miss when everyone was playing bbcf for a minute there :sigh:

You can still get matches and stuff, but it's definitely harder. I still kind of want a new BlazBlue but I wonder what it'd turn out like

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Weird Pumpkin posted:

I miss when everyone was playing bbcf for a minute there :sigh:

You can still get matches and stuff, but it's definitely harder. I still kind of want a new BlazBlue but I wonder what it'd turn out like

i'm hesitant to have a blazblue game without mori

blazblue is like the only fighting game where story matters and i don't trust anyone but him to shepherd that monstrosity

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

i'm hesitant to have a blazblue game without mori

blazblue is like the only fighting game where story matters and i don't trust anyone but him to shepherd that monstrosity

I dunno, I haven't played BB since CT (or Tag if you want to count that) and while I'd gladly play a new one, the last thing I'd care about is the story.

But tbf I'm not a casual player or a long time BB player, so I'm not exactly the target audience

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/multiversus/status/1791514032932814886

Bold move for them to have one of their three new characters in their big relaunch/1.0 launch be a joke pick that no one asked for.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I feel like joke characters has a lot less meaning in a game that features Bugs Bunny, Gizmo, Taz, Marvin the Martian, and Tom and Jerry.

Like, they could be fun, but they should have been in the game from the beginning

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

I dunno, I haven't played BB since CT (or Tag if you want to count that) and while I'd gladly play a new one, the last thing I'd care about is the story.

But tbf I'm not a casual player or a long time BB player, so I'm not exactly the target audience

:same: but admittedly I never really play the story stuff

I probably should at least play sf6's single player at least

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Waffleman_ posted:

Bold move for them to have one of their three new characters in their big relaunch/1.0 launch be a joke pick that no one asked for.

This game has gotta be some sort of experiment on how to do the worst marketing they can.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I remember this game and Mace very well. Even as a single player 15 year old gamer in 2001 fighters quickly became my favorite genre. I definitely rented and played the poo poo out of both of these. Young me was very disappointed and disappointed by x-Men after playing many of the Capcom X-Men ones before then even in grade school. I think I played the first one too considering this is mutant academy "2"...

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
WB hates money, simple as

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
why isnt the banana character banana shaped.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theyre banana candy not actual bananas

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
loving what e: baleful bamboozle banana

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its probably from some cartoon the people that are still under 40 watched 10 years ago

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

take it up with pendleton ward

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Is he not like half a banana dipped in chocolate? That's a thing, right?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Waffleman_ posted:

still cant get over how loving slow the game looks. it reeks of an executive who kept meddling because he couldnt understand what was going on despite never having played a video game in his life

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

anime was right posted:

still cant get over how loving slow the game looks. it reeks of an executive who kept meddling because he couldnt understand what was going on

It looks absolutely abysmal yeah

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Shinji2015 posted:

I feel like joke characters has a lot less meaning in a game that features Bugs Bunny, Gizmo, Taz, Marvin the Martian, and Tom and Jerry.

Like, they could be fun, but they should have been in the game from the beginning

It's a bizzare choice, even if you want to bring in Adventure Time characters

Like isn't the Ice King from Adventure Time not even in yet? He's right loving there

It's like putting some random schmuck Gotham City Cop instead of The Penguin or something

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's still no Scooby Doo on a roster with 2 scooby-doo characters

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Tae posted:

There's still no Scooby Doo on a roster with 2 scooby-doo characters

This^

We have LeBron James before Daffy loving Duck

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

The game should have just been complete from the beginning, or at least at patch 1.0.

And it definitely should have been complete before I gave them $49.99 but that's on me

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The roster is as wide as an ocean and as deep as a puddle and it doesn't benefit it at all. Going with a deep cut random side character from Adventure Time would work a lot better if the game didn't try and use every single IP Warner Brothers owns.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

It's a bizzare choice, even if you want to bring in Adventure Time characters

Like isn't the Ice King from Adventure Time not even in yet? He's right loving there

It's like putting some random schmuck Gotham City Cop instead of The Penguin or something

ice king is a beta cuck. bubblegum? cringe. marceline? ... boomer. the fans clamor for bananas.

It's cool that Multiversus is sticking with the same kind of roster choices that helped kill it the last time, and I hope that they decide to go for the hat trick after it dies a second time. Maybe next time we'll get Howard Groote from Batman Beyond.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Joke characters are cool but I think they could do better than these guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And it's not a good look when your last season pass before shutting down the "beta" was mostly comprised of two franchises and it already seemed like you were running out of ideas